Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

look down
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

look down
It's not polite to look down at Tori. You have to lie on your stomach so you're at eye level with him.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Mickey Two Suits sounds pretty classy.

e: gently caress

Staring Pervert it is I guess

Staring Pervert is the crash helmet guy. You can be him along with me and kwinkles. Three kids in an overcoat.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I'm Fat Paul.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

MrQueasy posted:

I'm Fat Paul.

:goonsay:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm Bigger Duncan

e: poo poo this isn't the dunc thread

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Yes, that's what I said. I'm not proud.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Cantorsdust posted:

i retract my burn but the joke stands

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

drat i didn't know she worked at Gizmonic Institute

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Light Gun Man posted:

drat i didn't know she worked at Gizmonic Institute

just another prime minister in a red jump suit

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Big Clive's got you covered on all your orb PCB pondering needs

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Für deine Gesundheit !

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

mobby_6kl posted:

Big Clive's got you covered on all your orb PCB pondering needs

fuckin love Big Clive

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

everything this guy says is 100% correct

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

This man's facial hair alone knows more about tabletop gaming than any of us.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
watching the Thai soccer team documentary and i am trying to find the elon musk child coffin details / “i’ll leave this here” tweet and I can’t find it does anyone have a linku?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016443130017505280?s=2

thinking about this real hard rn

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

thinking about this real hard rn

why

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

i just watched the nat geo documentary on it. they were good enough not to mention musk at all even to
make fun of hum, but imagining him showing up after they’ve already rescued 8 of the 13 kids with a submarine that is too big to maneuver thru the cave?

it just adds another level of appreciation. especially after they rescue the last few kids that day and the cave floods for 8 months. and knowing that after all of that he calls the dude a pedo guy.

what a loving idiot. just unimaginably stupid on ao many levels and getting in the way of people who are actually helping rescue the kids against a ticking clock monsoon season.

i am nitrox certified with over 50 dives and i wouldn’t even think of trying *any* of those dives, even to get to some of the early chambers. diving through current strong enough to pull your mask off if you look to the side while diving hundreds of meters into a dark and cramped cave? insane. completely binkers.

making a huge awkward submarine and showing up with it thinking that will help is just very very very stupid.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

what a loving idiot. just unimaginably stupid on ao many levels and getting in the way of people who are actually helping

true, and not just in thailand

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

"just gonna leave this trash I or no one has any use for"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
cave diving and s a special kind of suicide wish.

i had a cave diver as an instructor for a course once and he showed me some of their planned out hand signs (since no talky underwater) for things like “hey dive buddy i am sorry, there is only enough air for one of us to live and your foot is stuck in that crack so i am going to detach your 2nd air cylinder for myself and leave you to die alone slowly in the dark, best of luck”

cave diving is a situation that you create for yourself that is simultaneously too dangerous to NOT plan for the worst, but also The Worst is so loving The Worst that no sane person would sit down and plan for it, actually thinking through how bad it can go, and then also decide to actually do it.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 4, 2021

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i feel like if you really want to die there's way easier, less painful and less elaborate ways to do it but what do i know

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i feel like if you really want to die there's way easier, less painful and less elaborate ways to do it but what do i know
counterpoint: you only get to die once so you should make it as elaborate, difficult, and painful as possible imho

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
fact: 100% of people who have gone cave diving, have died or will die .

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I took a diving course and we got to the serious safety talk. the instructor looked around at us very solemnly and said "diving is very dangerous, and you have to take the safety precautions very seriously. this is the closest thing most people can get to floating around in outer space."

I've thought going to space would be amazing since I was a little kid so this was not the best appeal for me

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

enotnert posted:

drat, missed converted garage chat. . .

also been a while, how y'all doin?

wb enotnert :tipshat:

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
re: orb meme, I can’t believe no one has made a saudi trump version of it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FMguru posted:

counterpoint: you only get to die once so you should make it as elaborate, difficult, and painful as possible imho
Years ago, I made a solemn vow that I would go out of this world the way I came in: naked and screaming

My fallback is getting my nuts bitten of by a Laplander

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

My fallback is getting my nuts bitten of by a Laplander

when you get mauled by a rabid Santa you will think back on this post with regret.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
should contribute image. . . got a knockoff egg smoker a few years back
made a brisket last weekend

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

weird lookin egg

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo boyce made an nft joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlVmkBjSYeA

quote:

Gurgeh stared at the space chess. He considered moving the space king over to the space rook, but then he didn't. Instead, he moved it to the right. He nodded. The robot flew over, and said something bitchy. Gurgeh chuckled, then sighed. "Robot," he said, "please fly away." The robot made a light from his head and then he flew away.

Gurgeh stared at the board. He reflected that the best games were the games that were so hard. And that what this game was. Where would he move the space piece next?

"Well, Gurgeh!" harrumphed the space alien. "Perhaps now you see that the game is so hard?" Gurgeh nodded. The game was so hard. That night, he thought about the space board. He glanded a drug that made the game less hard, but even then, it was still so hard. Gurgeh was immortal and rich, but still he didn't want to lose, because it would be better to win. But the game was so hard.

The robot flew over. "Gurgeh!" said the robot. If you don't win, there will be a space murder, and maybe a space rape!" Gurgeh was appalled. "I must win the space game," he said. He sighed.

The next day, the alien bragged: "I will win the space game! I am the best at winning the space game!" Gurgeh sighed. But then Gurgeh saw what he would do: instead of moving the space piece to the left, he would move it forward. The alien was so surprised. "But... but the game is supposed to be so hard!" But Gurgeh was very smart. He moved the piece again, and in a way that was so smart.

"NOOOOO," shouted the space alien. Gurgeh had made the best move. He had made the best space move. The robot congratulated him, and the girl wanted to have sex with him. "Well," thought Gurgeh, "I will have sex with her. I am, after all... THE PLAYER OF GAMES.

Gurgeh more like Cheugy Player of Games