Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/03/weather/weather-hawaii-snow-warm-contiguous-us/index.html

Thanks, boomers, for ignoring Global Warming for 50+ years. I can't wait to fight over a case of water at Walmart and not be sure if it's from a Pandemic, water shortages, or just a random sale.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Mele Kalikimaka!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You're welcome!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Looks good

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Okay which kid wished for snow for Christmas like on the TV for their birthday?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm glad of it op

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

why is it called global warming if its really cold? Checkmate liberal!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Can we just drop more ice at the icecaps from space? Will that fix the temperature?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mele Kalikimaka!

and Merry Kamehamehas and Kaiokens to you!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

pixaal posted:

Can we just drop more ice at the icecaps from space? Will that fix the temperature?

yes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pixaal posted:

If they're comets,

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Fake news

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You can't call it global warming if it's actually getting cooler in Hawaii OP.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

and Merry Kamehamehas and Kaiokens to you!

Kaiokens aren't a Hawaiian thing, buddy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

uh oh

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It’s also been in the 80s daily here in the American Southwest in December.

gently caress people who don’t believe in climate change, and gently caress the people in charge who won’t and don’t change a loving thing to stop it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
It also hasn't snowed yet in Denver, the first time on record it made it in to December, breaking a record from the 1800s. LOL!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I feel like everyone reads the dumb headlines and dosent read that the snow is at 13,000 feet at the top of mountains

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If you think about it, EVERYWHERE in Hawaii is on top of mountains

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

holy poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

Actually they're tiny little islands in the middle of the Pacific? :confused:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Smugworth posted:

Actually they're tiny little islands in the middle of the Pacific? :confused:

What are Islands, if not the Ocean's Mountains?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Heat Miser gave permission to his brother to let it snow in Hawaii after a stern talking to from his mother.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I had to wear a knit cap this morning in Florida, for Christ’s sake. 50 degrees.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the article says hawaiian snow happens ever year, so that's not particularly interesting

the drought in the west (outside of the PNW) is pretty dire though. come to the east coast where we have enough water to fill our roads, subways, and housing divisions. drink your fill, then return to the west and pee it out to restore your reservoirs.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

perhaps we could have a coast to coast bucket brigade where each volunteer fills the urine pail of the person next to them until the mojave is lush and green

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i went to the top of the volcano on maui last month

it was cold as poo poo OP

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Excerpt from the article: "Snow is common in Alaska, especially this winter season."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bad Purchase posted:

perhaps we could have a coast to coast bucket brigade where each volunteer fills the urine pail of the person next to them until the mojave is lush and green

Or perhaps we could burn up all the almond orchards, since wildfires keep trying to do that for us but loving it up.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they're just too well irrigated to burn

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

You know it’s perfectly normal for hawaii to get snow? From the article the OP didn’t read:

quote:

Hawaii's two mountain peaks, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, both which sit at more than 13,000 feet above sea level, are the only two locations that see snow annually in Hawaii.
Both summits typically see fresh snow every winter, mainly because the wet season in Hawaii runs from October to April and temperatures regularly drop below freezing on the summits from November to March.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

snow problem at all haha ;) :smug: :c00l:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

I had to wear a knit cap this morning in Florida, for Christ’s sake. 50 degrees.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, uh... those mountain summits are actually very tall and get heavy snow regularly. If it were snowing on the beaches that would be news, but there's hardly anything remarkable about this.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
cumonwannalayme

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It snowed in Minnesota today

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dont eat the yellow snow

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

I blame john mccain

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It was 10 degrees Celsius last week where I live in a place where it should be negative 10 degrees in December. Somethings fucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

King Kai rules over the whole north universe which includes hawaii you absolute dunce