Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's vaguely WCW related and I don't think the general picture thread is around anymore. This is from an Arcade game.

I think I can identify most of those guys, but who is the one above Hansen/left of Hase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
uh, that's taue

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm sad I never got to see Gary Albright in a video game.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I randomly thought of "wooo weee wababababababa!" today and kind of started chuckling to myself a little.

Someone asked me what I was laughing at and I said it was something from a podcast I listened to earlier.

Although, the dude who asked is one of the weirdest people I've ever met, so I probably could've just started making the noises and he would've nodded sagely and agreed with me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

He's in Fire Pro RETURNS on the PS2 I think

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's in Fire Pro RETURNS on the PS2 I think

Fire Pro Returns on PS2 and Final Fire Pro (a.k.a. Fire Pro Wrestling 2) on the Game Boy Advance had him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
We talking obscure wrestling games?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Japan_Women's_Pro_Wrestling:_Queen_of_Queens

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Fire Pro Returns on PS2 and Final Fire Pro (a.k.a. Fire Pro Wrestling 2) on the Game Boy Advance had him.

Fire Pro game boy advance was so amazing, I sunk probably 2000 hours in that game.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

Fire Pro game boy advance was so amazing, I sunk probably 2000 hours in that game.

:same:

What a good game.

Edit: assuming this is the one with Promoter mode in Japanese and I played the eng fan translation.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

algebra testes posted:

What a good game.

Interesting "ending", too...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dawgstar posted:

He's in giant gram 2000

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

We talking obscure wrestling games?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Japan_Women's_Pro_Wrestling:_Queen_of_Queens

I really need to play this some day. The idea of FMV wrestling game is so stupid as to be essential.

Smoking Crow posted:

He's in giant gram 2000

Was just coming to say this: he's literally on the poster.

I only just twigged that one of the Virtua Fighter characters is on this poster too. Weird. I was trying to work out who the 90s AJPW gaijin was with red face paint like that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He's not just a Virtua Fighter character, AJPW had an actual gaijin wrestler portray Wolf Hawkfield for like 3 years

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

He's not just a Virtua Fighter character, AJPW had an actual gaijin wrestler portray Wolf Hawkfield for like 3 years

...Jungle Jim Steele played a Virtua Fighter character? This feels like something I should've been aware of

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

They also had a guy be Jeffry Mcwild but i think he only appeared on one or two shows, Jim Steele was Wolf Hawkfield for far longer than you'd expect

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

forkboy84 posted:

I really need to play this some day. The idea of FMV wrestling game is so stupid as to be essential.

I only just twigged that one of the Virtua Fighter characters is on this poster too. Weird. I was trying to work out who the 90s AJPW gaijin was with red face paint like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRv6AOawfuU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

Checked out a little footage of 2000 and yeah this game looks baller. Love those chunky virtua fighter impact sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKP8UzNivo

The hidden characters had some interesting movesets that weren't absolutely taken from NJPW guys at the time. Also, Tigre had the coolest finisher in the game and had a tag finisher with Hyper (yellow-brown cyborg thing) which was literally Muscle Docking from Kinnikuman.

forkboy84 posted:

That was Jim Steele who for a period had the Wolf Hawkfield name. To make it even more confusing, Giant Gram (the game that poster is from) has both AJPW Wolf and VF Wolf in the game as different characters. Also, in a kind of full circle thing, in VF5 and and 5R, Wolf had Steele's finisher as one of his throws, and it was VERY good when facing walls. It got replaced with Goto's Shoten Kai in Final Showdown though which wasn't as good.

E: Was beaten by several people on the Jim Steele thing but oh well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That does an amazing job conveying absolutely none of the brutality & violence of All Japan Women. Terrific. Just majestic. Also everytime i saw someone do a dropkick it's the person doing it who ended up on the ground so that's a design choice.

Fascinating creation though

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Interesting "ending", too...

Is that the game with the incredibly ultra hosed up suicide ending?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

stab posted:

Yea, wild poo poo

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

stab posted:

I don't know what happens in the GBA game, but that particular ending is in Super Fire Pro Special on the Super Famicom.

The Super Famicom also had a couple of officially licensed AJW/JWP Fire Pro games. I've played a bit of Queen's Special and it's pretty great.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

in case you've ever wanted it, this is footage of high level arcade giant gram https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaMcNLYL4k

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WCWWorldwide/status/1121121669412581378

holy poo poo these shirts own

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There was just something about putting Looney Tunes on shirts in the nineties.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I still see 18 wheelers with the Yosemite Sam "BACK OFF!!" mud flaps every once in a while and it brings me far more joy than it should

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

The PS1 game, WCW vs The World (although he was renamed "Bear Breath")

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Does anyone have a link to the Gary Albright "that escalated quickly" promo? You know the one. It used to be on Vimeo or Dailymotion and seems to have disappeared.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

just go to your nearest theme park if you wanna see one of these beauties again

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

As a kid I had Wile E. Coyote riding a Harley Davidson, just like a real Hells Angel!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Britt Baker was wearing a Taz wolfpac shirt when she got a picture with Sting last night.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Davros1 posted:

The PS1 game, WCW vs The World (although he was renamed "Bear Breath")
He's also in Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, using his real name and likeness because VPW2 had the All Japan license.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

Britt Baker was wearing a Taz wolfpac shirt when she got a picture with Sting last night.

quote:

Brittany Baker is an American professional wrestler and dentist.

Please tell me AEW makes use of the second fact.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Please tell me AEW makes use of the second fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t2zR_YeBng

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lmao the real Isaac Yankem over here.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
turns out the dentist gimmick had potential after all, the performer just needed a legitimate medical degree to fall back on

vince shoulda shelled out to send glen jacobs to dentistry school for six months

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Bluejeans posted:

turns out the dentist gimmick had potential after all, the performer just needed a legitimate medical degree to fall back on

vince shoulda shelled out to send glen jacobs to dentistry school for six months

Maybe it would've kept him out of politics down the line.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I miss Alex Wright.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I miss Alex Wright.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
A dentistry degree definitely doesn't make you less conservative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I've had some dentists with big hands, but ooooof.