Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

god gently caress georgia, the best defense in decades and they give up 24 in a half to bama. this was almost an actual good cfb playoffs this year.

gently caress

Hence my comparison to 2006 Ohio State. That team steamrolled everyone and was consensus #1 all year long. The defense averaged 7 pts per game going into Michigan week. Michigan hung 39 on the D (but OSU still won) and then Florida put up 41 on them in the BCSCG.

Turns out the schedule wasn’t quite as strong as people thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How is that not a TD, but also how in the world did he catch that?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Relentlessboredomm posted:

god gently caress georgia, the best defense in decades and they give up 24 in a half to bama. this was almost an actual good cfb playoffs this year.

gently caress

They might pitch a shutout in the second half with Metchie out

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Raku posted:

They might pitch a shutout in the second half with Metchie out

Don't you do your patented Raku thing now

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Houston just gave up a ton of yards with that DPI

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Proteus Jones posted:

Houston just gave up a ton of yards with that DPI

One of those points where it feels like they gotta score on this drive to get the taste of that out of their mouth, because that's one that you can sit down and whine a whole lot about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

One of those points where it feels like they gotta score on this drive to get the taste of that out of their mouth, because that's one that you can sit down and whine a whole lot about.

And...um, that won't help.

e: He was throwing to a guy who was triple covered if the linebacker underneath didn't pick it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

OOF

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
This season has taught me not to commit seppuku until I see how the second half adjustments shake out. Young's gonna carve us up if he keeps getting that much time.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

cincy pouring it on

but will it matter

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cinci starting to run away with the game now.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Even if Bama goes on to lose this game it feels like Young has pretty much locked up the Heisman with that first half. Who else is even in the picture?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Bearcats earning their spot in style

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Football teams should make adjustments before halftime, imo

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hey Georgia, please do what Cincy is doing out of the half.

Thanks,
Dango

e:

Chucktesla posted:

Football teams should make adjustments before halftime, imo

Ah the Bo Pelini approach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mikeraskol posted:

Even if Bama goes on to lose this game it feels like Young has pretty much locked up the Heisman with that first half. Who else is even in the picture?

Pitt guy I guess? How did MSU's RB finish the season, he was making noise earlier.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

mikeraskol posted:

Aidan Hutchinson is still a threat

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Grittybeard posted:

Pitt guy I guess? How did MSU's RB finish the season, he was making noise earlier.

I'd vote for someone named Pitt Guy

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
What are the odds Smart said “just blitz” at during halftime? If they can’t put pressure on Young we’re gonna run away with this.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
SDSU bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JRay88 posted:

What are the odds Smart said “just blitz” at during halftime? If they can’t put pressure on Young we’re gonna run away with this.

you don't know much about kirby smart do you

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

mikeraskol posted:

Da pawnt gawd

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mikeraskol posted:

I hear tell there's some Michigan dude with like half the stats of Wil Anderson but higher Heisman odds

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Cfb playoff committee salivating to put both these teams in the playoff based solely on the halftime score

Especially with metchie out , if bama chokes away the lead they can blame that

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Cfb playoff committee salivating to put both these teams in the playoff based solely on the halftime score

Especially with metchie out , if bama chokes away the lead they can blame that

Luckily they only showed Gary Danielson from the waist up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I swear Cincinnati just strangles teams in the second half.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Wooooooooooo go bearcats eat those cougars alive

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Raku posted:

I hear tell there's some Michigan dude with like half the stats of Wil Anderson but higher Heisman odds

I mean, there's no realistic shot that Hutchinson wins. He could finish top 3 I guess.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Metchie is out

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Alabama down to one receiver and one running back basically

Hahahahaha

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oof no Metchie.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Would the committee really just say “well this game is a wash we’re gonna have Georgia/Bama again in a couple weeks” over the possibility of a game where Georgia dismantles Notre Dame?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Holy poo poo

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Jesus

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

sick

Demon Of The Fall