Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s down from last year because fans are in the stands again

And defenders can close out more aggressively without worrying about foul baits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Lol does that say blobfish basketball? Hahahah

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Grayson Allen being a rotation NBA player is extremely funny.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Guy can shoot. Kind of vital in today's game.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Rick posted:

he hung in there and quietly became a pretty good shooter. a Contributor

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

You hate to see it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Edit: wrong thread how bout them lakers huh?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Papes posted:

And defenders can close out more aggressively without worrying about foul baits

Neither of these explain it being the worst 3 point shooting season since the 98-99 lockout year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think they replaced the metal in the rim with a more bouncier metal

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

a new study bible! posted:

You hate to see it

No it actually does suck

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Knicks really suck huh?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

The Knicks really suck huh?

No, they just aren't as good as some people were hoping. It turns out projecting totally unexpected improvements outward doesn't usually work.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Knicks finished last season really strong but died so horribly in the playoffs that I don't know who thought they were a legitimate competitor this year. The Fournier signing was awful but there wasn't much available in the way of picks or free agents to boost the roster.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Neither of these explain it being the worst 3 point shooting season since the 98-99 lockout year

the other factor is that it might be fatigue/tired legs from playing three seasons with relatively little downtime

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/1467186852037754881?t=LAc4l3QCFu1WGuZ9oaJ5FA&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

No, they just aren't as good as some people were hoping. It turns out projecting totally unexpected improvements outward doesn't usually work.

They should be better than they have been though even just if they were getting the same kind of production as they did last year. They shouldn't be this bad.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they’re The Knicks; who are you to set limits upon their badness?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Knicks aren't even that bad, the East is just pretty good and there's a glut of teams right around .500, including the Knicks. Vegas had em as 41.5 and thats basically right on the pace they're at.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd say being sub .500 isn't Pretty Good and treading water is exactly where Knicks fans didn't want to be considering we've been doing that for 25 years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

.500 after 23 games is squarely ???????? territory

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:v:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wow Cleveland has been kicking rear end these past four games.

just wait til they peak, in the NBA Finals

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1467320320063246341?t=CLX-W0dSZNfdY1uv2lutXQ&s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/2Xtremebounce/status/1467332762025738246

oh god, players are getting into clutchpoint photoshops.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
DeRozan became my favorite Bull so fast it’s scary

The mid-range game is more beautiful than I could ever imagine. First I scoffed at it, then I semi-ironically appreciated it but thought it wasn’t sustainable, now I fully believe in the Walking Bucket and use the 😤 emoji liberally

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

DeRozan became my favorite Bull so fast it’s scary

The mid-range game is more beautiful than I could ever imagine. First I scoffed at it, then I semi-ironically appreciated it but thought it wasn’t sustainable, now I fully believe in the Walking Bucket and use the 😤 emoji liberally

:hmmyes:

Only haters talk about April and May

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rick posted:

I mean a player with all the tool but not actual Grayson Allen is a very reasonable nba bench player.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1467335214414188545?t=rmHUJaXdWbHgaDVO_zX5aw&s=19

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Grayson Allen should be given an honorary degree from Covington Catholic High School

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean a player with all the tool but not actual Grayson Allen is a very reasonable nba bench player.

Totally, it's just funny because so many people (rightly) didn't want it to happen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/1467355002859515910

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I'm looking at the Bulls roster and thinking, "dang, i don't think they really have the depth for a championship run" so I've definitely totally bought into the friendship ball dream

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

very lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rooster Brooster posted:

I'm looking at the Bulls roster and thinking, "dang, i don't think they really have the depth for a championship run" so I've definitely totally bought into the friendship ball dream

Friendship Ball cannot be discounted

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
My friend wanted Demar on the Heat so bad but I thought no way, we can't reunite the Trash Brothers.

I hope Demar wins the chip if Lowry can't.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The rockets gotta stop winning games, imo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1467368589778833409?t=YekWef1mbrfMCWWOJij2Mg&s=19

Not a great look for anyone lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Someone want to make a thread for Dec?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
you got it dexomber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/2Xtremebounce/status/1467332762025738246

oh god, players are getting into clutchpoint photoshops.

This unironically owns and I’m really happy for Demar

This totally sucks and I’m really unhappy for Dame

Karmic basketball is real