Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Yeah yeah I guess they could still come back and win it in the playoff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao at Georgia, big day for Bearcats both FBS and FCS

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I took the kids to a basketball game today and didn't watch any football, what did I miss?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The committee will put them in, but I think getting beaten by 17 in the championship game is disqualifying

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

tactlessbastard posted:

I took the kids to a basketball game today and didn't watch any football, what did I miss?

Close finish with Oklahoma State and Baylor.

Strong showing by Alabama once things got going.

Iowa (offense) not looking good so far.

Komet posted:

The committee will put them in, but I think getting beaten by 17 in the championship game is disqualifying

I feel the same way.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I rather doubt that the committee will see it the same way and I've made my peace with that but: lol Notre Dame is not a better team and does not have a better resume than Baylor. No, not even with the TCU loss.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spiritus Nox posted:

I rather doubt that the committee will see it the same way and I've made my peace with that but: lol Notre Dame is not a better team and does not have a better resume than Baylor. No, not even with the TCU loss.

It won’t matter since neither team is getting in.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the committee should tell georiga to hit the bricks but they won't because they have a deep moral cowardice

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Let Utah, Utah State and BYU into the playoff

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Michigan #1 if they win this game by 2 possessions?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

georgia should drop as far in the rankings as utsa did when they got their first loss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It won’t matter since neither team is getting in.

...Yeah now that I think of it Bama+Michigan wins do slam the door shut, don't they? Hadn't adjusted my mental bracket lol

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

It's Bama, it was always Bama and it always will be Bama

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Whatever keeps ND out

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Then dawgz is poo poo ain't they

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah yeah I guess they could still come back and win it in the playoff...

Just use the SEC championship trophy

A+ thread title though :golfclap:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Then dawgz is poo poo don't they

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1467340591830900737

gently caress

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Komet posted:

Don’t let teams in that don’t win their conference (even if it’s by a point) and you won’t have to worry about this.

E: I hope it’s two SEC teams every year and the SEC swallows up every school until they expand to 8 teams and make it conf champs only.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

boop the snoot posted:

Don’t let teams in that don’t win their conference (even if it’s by a point) and you won’t have to worry about this.

But then they wouldn’t be able to put Bama in when they don’t win the west and you can’t have that.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Baylor's goal line stand really ended up bailing out the committee on a tough decision here

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Yes.

It's really too bad OSU lost because they should have jumped Georgia with a win.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/alabamambb/status/1467332875007762433

I…uhh….huh. This is good, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You mean beating two teams who choke in big games in the same day?

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Yes, because it definitely means Purdue will be ranked #1 this week for the first time ever.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If someone says "Go Dawgs", that's how you know they're the wrong kind of white people.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

I don’t really get why people are more squeamish about putting in a CCG loser than a team that doesn’t make the CCG game to begin with. Either winning your conference is mandatory, or it’s not. If not, there’s not really anything special about losing a CCG as opposed to any other regular season game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

tadashi posted:

If someone says "Go Dawgs", that's how you know they're the wrong kind of white people.

I was raised by a lifelong Dawg and latched onto the Gators as a 5 year old (out of rebellion and proximity to the Gator Bowl perhaps) and I never realized how bad the fanbase was until I watched a very drunk grown man in Dockers and a cloth belt woof like a dog in the face of a ten year old gator fan walking to the game near Alltel (or whatever the gently caress it is now) like 20 years ago.

A fanbase simultaneously heartbroken and hopelessly depraved. Psychologically broken. With a profoundly dusty trophy case.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

General Dog posted:

I don’t really get why people are more squeamish about putting in a CCG loser than a team that doesn’t make the CCG game to begin with. Either winning your conference is mandatory, or it’s not. If not, there’s not really anything special about losing a CCG as opposed to any other regular season game.

People put so much stock in CCG despite the fact that they’re recent inventions that are all about money, and don’t even match up the two best teams in the conference. It’s really obnoxious.

I’m really excited for the playoff to expand and make this dumb weekend matter less.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Mahoning posted:

People put so much stock in CCG despite the fact that they’re recent inventions that are all about money, and don’t even match up the two best teams in the conference. It’s really obnoxious.

I’m really excited for the playoff to expand and make this dumb weekend matter less.

Well it is a 13th game which only ~10 teams in the power 5 get to play in. It's kind of a big deal when comparing an 11-1 record vs a 12-1 (or even 11-2!) record with a loss in the CCG.

edit: I hear a 12-1 OSU got in over two 11-1 big12 co-champs one year, but I don't know, that's like ancient history.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ahmadinejad1956/status/1052178368072945668?s=21

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PostNouveau posted:

What about 6?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

downout posted:

Well it is a 13th game which only ~10 teams in the power 5 get to play in. It's kind of a big deal when comparing an 11-1 record vs a 12-1 (or even 11-2!) record with a loss in the CCG.

edit: I hear a 12-1 OSU got in over two 11-1 big12 co-champs one year, but I don't know, that's like ancient history.

But like, when you play some Sun Belt FCS team, why should that matter that you’re playing a 13th game? One of them was essentially a scrimmage.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Look, Georgia’s 12-1 isn’t as good as Notre Dame’s 11-1, for ~reasons~. I’m sorry, I don’t make the rules.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lmao

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

General Dog posted:

Look, Georgia’s 12-1 isn’t as good as Notre Dame’s 11-1, for ~reasons~. I’m sorry, I don’t make the rules.

My argument would be that Georgia’s 11-1* is slightly better than Notre Dame’s 11-1.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Because we should reward UGA for being smote by Bama.

I mean, maybe put ND in. I'd rather put Baylor in than UGA. At least they won their goddamn conference.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm still paranoid that the committee will gently caress 'em still and will remain paranoid until the final rankings come out, but LOL that the Cincinnati Bearcats are on a playoff trajectory (To probably get demolished by Bama/Georgia/Michigan, but still!).

EDIT: Hopefully they end up with more playoff wins this century than the Bengals, because LOL

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

Because we should reward UGA for being smote by Bama.

I mean, maybe put ND in. I'd rather put Baylor in than UGA. At least they won their goddamn conference.

Please put ND in to get rolled.