Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Shaggar posted:

my provider uses eclinicalworks which is a piece of poo poo and apparently isnt integrated with the apple health poo poo.

also their patient facing app is called "healow" which i loving hate so much

I work with eClinicalWorks software every day. There's no overstating just how lovely it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think its probably the worst of the big name EHRs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

non-credit cards you just double tap the side button and then you can select from the pile of cards. pretty ez

yeah, for me, the generated vaccination card is the only one that asks for auth besides credit cards; maybe because it has pii or maybe an overabundance of caution in default settings from the issuer?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
New York has their own thing that isn’t compatible with wallet afaict

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

yeah, for me, the generated vaccination card is the only one that asks for auth besides credit cards; maybe because it has pii or maybe an overabundance of caution in default settings from the issuer?

yeah that would make sense. if the card in the wallet has anything that would identify you, either directly on the card, in the QR code data, or in the data that you get in the app that scans the QR code, then it would be PHI and needs to be protected. if nothing in it associates your identity to the vaccination then its maybe not technically PHI, but they're being careful cause its easier to be cautious.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

kitten emergency posted:

New York has their own thing that isn’t compatible with wallet afaict

excelsior pass is definitely compatible with wallet

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

haveblue posted:

excelsior pass is definitely compatible with wallet

excelsior pass plus isn’t though, and that’s what you get the vax card thru now

Gangsta Lean
Dec 3, 2001

Calm, relaxed...what could be more fulfilling?

kitten emergency posted:

excelsior pass plus isn’t though, and that’s what you get the vax card thru now

it totally is!!! i think i took a screenshot of the qr code then scanned it a month ago. i don’t remember exactly what i did but my apple wallet def now shows the plus version

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Gangsta Lean posted:

it totally is!!! i think i took a screenshot of the qr code then scanned it a month ago. i don’t remember exactly what i did but my apple wallet def now shows the plus version

huh, let me see if I can do that then

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
my qr code in apple wallet contains my name, date of birth, dates of vaccinations and the lot number of each dose, maybe more but thats what the verifier app displays, and i havent attempted decoding it myself yet

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

well poo poo, it totally works but you have to do it in an asinine way - screenshot the pass plus QR code, open the screenshot in photos, then tap the little OCR button and select the code in the image

Gangsta Lean
Dec 3, 2001

Calm, relaxed...what could be more fulfilling?

kitten emergency posted:

well poo poo, it totally works but you have to do it in an asinine way - screenshot the pass plus QR code, open the screenshot in photos, then tap the little OCR button and select the code in the image

yeah lololol i don’t know why it’s like this or how anyone’s supposed to figure it out. go go user acceptance testing i guess

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
has recaptcha stopped working in safari or is my computer broken

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

haveblue posted:

has recaptcha stopped working in safari or is my computer broken

do you mean that it always makes you click pictures and doesn't just nicely detect if you're a robot when you click the tcheck box? 'cause I always assumed that was google purposefully kneecapping recaptcha on safari to make the experience worse

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no it's entirely not working. I click the checkbox and doesn't ever bring up pictures to click. I'm not sure when this started happening but it was pretty recent, it consistently fails in safari but succeeds in chrome

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i've run into that with dns filters and ad filtering. i feel like i didn't have to toggle those off for recaptcha until recently and your experience sounds the same. i'd check the box and hit submit and nothing happens. toggling my ad filters off let's it load fine, in this case turning off 1blocker temporarily

if it's dns-level, like a pi-hole setup, chrome might be using google's DoH servers and avoiding the filter

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also i think it bears repeating that i pay total of 70/month for all those subscriptions combined, financial times excluding

FT and Bloomberg are sooo expensive

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

post hole digger posted:

FT and Bloomberg are sooo expensive

yeah, it is what it is. in general im not super happy about state of english-speaking econ/finance literature

bloomberg and wsj put up some good stuff, but they’re written for americans and ergo are completely unreadable to my eastern european rear end. if not for that, id just pay for bloomberg (the plebeian edition, not terminal)

economist writes in “european” and is much cheaper than any other option, but half of their george smileys types have developed terminal brexit syndrome and a few years back began to green light barely veiled revanchist revisionism

ft remains. im not happy about the price, since i feel i pay plenty about things of no particular consequence to me, but the writing usually is quite good and all topics of interest to me are covered in fair depth. its maybe a smidge too british, but im not aware of any continental alternatives with strong track record of publications in english

for next year im looking forward to replacing politico europe with god knows what, because lmao at the notion of reading springer publications regularly

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

haveblue posted:

no it's entirely not working. I click the checkbox and doesn't ever bring up pictures to click. I'm not sure when this started happening but it was pretty recent, it consistently fails in safari but succeeds in chrome

do you have that iCloud private browsing proxy feature enabled?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i finally caved and bought storage to use icloud photos
after rebooting to unclog the sync im uploading on my m1 pro with wired gigabit at a blistering unsteady 5MB/s

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
everything claims to be in sync now, but the counts don't match
iphone: 4,693 photos
icloud: 4,683 photos
laptop: 4,687 photos

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you’re hoarding it wrong

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

posting on the FireWire page

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Penguissimo posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Perplx posted:

everything claims to be in sync now, but the counts don't match
iphone: 4,693 photos
icloud: 4,683 photos
laptop: 4,687 photos

icloud sucks rear end dude

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Penguissimo posted:

plugging this page's header pins into a usb header to start a fire ftw

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i still use a firewire device regularly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pouring out a 40 for firewire 1600 and 3200

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Penguissimo posted:

hell yeah

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Penguissimo posted:

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

haveblue posted:

pouring out a 40 for firewire 1600 and 3200

:rip:, too good for this world

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Penguissimo posted:

posting on the Sony i.LINK page

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it sucks that firewire is just usb now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!

Penguissimo posted:

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
FireWire was awesome. the 4 pin cables were kind of crappy though, but anything 6 pin was rock solid. using it to transfer mini-dv video to crappy $500 laptops was magical in the early 2000’s. am I remembering wrong, or could it only really handle that amount of data because FireWire required controllers at both ends?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

frogbs posted:

FireWire was awesome. the 4 pin cables were kind of crappy though, but anything 6 pin was rock solid. using it to transfer mini-dv video to crappy $500 laptops was magical in the early 2000’s. am I remembering wrong, or could it only really handle that amount of data because FireWire required controllers at both ends?

firewire had DMA capability while USB didn't so you could just fire off as much data as you wanted before sending an interrupt, massively reducing interrupt latency per data transfer

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/mycoliza/status/1466797832422051840?s=20

release the new 5k+ monitor with this feature. do it

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/mycoliza/status/1466797832422051840?s=20

release the new 5k+ monitor with this feature. do it

man i really want one of these, but the cheapest one ive seen was $60 for a pretty rough one. maybe someday

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I got one of those because they look cool but it had nightmarish coil whine and the CRT is so power hungry that you can't use it with anything other than g4 towers or it will blow up the computers PSU. It's possible to hack together your own VGA to ADC adapter with external power but I don't think it's worth it.
So now it's just sitting in the basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

r u ready to WALK posted:

I got one of those because they look cool but it had nightmarish coil whine and the CRT is so power hungry that you can't use it with anything other than g4 towers or it will blow up the computers PSU. It's possible to hack together your own VGA to ADC adapter with external power but I don't think it's worth it.
So now it's just sitting in the basement

do the first-party adc adapters not work because they only pass through the digital pins or something?