Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

I have recently had a lot of time to think and during that long time, I could only ask myself, "is war cringe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
war is cheugy

nut

war is down bad...

NyaNyaMeister

Bruh-nyuu~

I am from this
stupid country :eurovision:
War, war never changes.

Since the dawn of the internet, when our ancestors first discovered the gay power of posting in forums, cringe has been spread in the name of everything: from Lowtax to Bush to minor forum users.

In the year 2021, after decades of shitposting, the homoerotic nature of the goon could sustain itself no longer. The forum was plunged into an abyss of probations and bans.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of SA. Instead, the cringe was simply the prologue to another smut chapter of goon history. For goons had succeeded in flooding the forum with jokes - but war, war never changes.

Current mood: https://vimeo.com/921220930

Thank you Heather Papps for the awesome sig

nut

NyaNyaMeister posted:

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of SA. Instead, the cringe was simply the prologue to another smut chapter of goon history.

I knew it...war is down bad...

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
war is sus at best OP

Macnult

ELTON JOHN posted:

war is cheugy

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
War could be cool if it didn't try so hard

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

frump truck

hello... again!

war just hits different

deep dish peat moss

Areola Grande posted:

war is sus at best OP

kick war i saw war do it

Areola Grande

frump truck posted:

war just hits different

nut

frump truck posted:

war just hits different

Chinatown

by Fluffdaddy

frump truck posted:

war just hits different

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

frump truck posted:

war just hits different

still chuckling at this like an hour later :five:

Macnult

frump truck posted:

war just hits different

lmao

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
War is cancelled.

I cancelled it.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
it's not chill, best to be avoided imo

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
war is praxis

nut

barnold posted:

war is praxis

*gets nervous and feels guilty that i'm not doing war*

*hits 'like'*

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
War is cool! Think about how many rad Table Top RPGS and video games wouldn't exist if not for the horrors of violence and war? Is that a worthwhile trade off?

ELTON JOHN
videogames would be very different if war did not exist

they would just be stardew valley i guess?

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
"war is based"? Yeah, based in human suffering. Go read a book - or don't they teach you that, in clown school?

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Apocalypse Now makes a lot more sense once you realise that Martin Sheen is just cringing internally the whole movie

nut

the only war that isn't cringe is the one I am gonna wage on this footlong Italian BMT

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

nut posted:

the only war that isn't cringe is the one I am gonna wage on this footlong Italian BMT

dude, I'm so hungry I could become Death, destroyer of a whole footlong

Bright Bart

Half of a footlong is mysteriously like 9 cm at Subway because they don't really care how they cut it and seemingly always give you the smaller piece. So consistently that I'm wondering if they train the staff that way.

Is there a conspiracy to make me eat fewer carbs?

Or do you just make the employees secretly resentful that you aren't appreciating the art as its meant to be enjoyed? Oh! You want *part* of a whole sandwich? Well let me just cut a diagonal slice off the end and pour the sauce so it goes nowhere near the bread SINCE WE'RE JUST WILLY NILLY GOING FULL CHAOTIC HERE.

Bright Bart

I still have trouble getting over how Subway would specifically brag how they do V-cuts because it's clearly superior and the only way to stack veggies and sauce without making a mess, then without fanfare just being "yeah, we can't be bothered".

Bright Bart

Also some Subways have set toppings for each basic sub and there is a few for alterations. I understand it helps with logistics but it goes against their marketing. It's like "Have It Your Way" BK telling you they can't hold the pickles without a surcharge.

Bright Bart

Does BYOB wage war against particular days an celebrations? War on Christmas doesn't really pass the vibe check but I could see us making "ALL Italian food matters" flyers for International Pizza Day.

nut

Bright Bart posted:

I still have trouble getting over how Subway would specifically brag how they do V-cuts because it's clearly superior and the only way to stack veggies and sauce without making a mess, then without fanfare just being "yeah, we can't be bothered".

whoah I had erased this from memory but I remember it now...so clearly...the long bread wedge once removed only to return

peanut

yes

Bright Bart

ELTON JOHN posted:

videogames would be very different if war did not exist

they would just be stardew valley i guess?

I mean wouldn't it be real cool if the only mass violence was that seen on screen, and the idea was considered just as fantastic as dragons or warp speed travel?

e: Movie review from that timeline: 'In one scene there is a dispute over a border and instead of mediation by geographers and historians they PAY PEOPLE TO USE DEVICES THAT MAKE OTHER PEOPLE UNALIVE. I know this is fiction but it really interferes with the believability.'

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 7, 2021

FutonForensic

nut

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
when you get badly traumatized in war you go into a catatonic state that is actually extremely chill as hell

----------------

deep dish peat moss

I vote war is good because it gives me new scenarios to play with my g.i. joes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Has anyone thought to declare peace on everyone, to see how that works out?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Low Rider was a bit overplayed for a while but that's not their fault and it's a legit good song

Chinatown

by Fluffdaddy

frump truck posted:

war just hits different

im still laughing at this

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

Chinatown posted:

im still laughing at this

same. lmao