Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It was a really good movie, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have because of the callous and nihilistic treatment of human life throughout the film.

But like, soundtrack, acting, story, all that poo poo was on point. The emotional beats all landed. The comedic beats sort of landed but, again, at many of the parts I was supposed to laugh I just uttered a solemn "Jesus Christ."

Kudos for really spitting in the eye of U.S. participation in human rights atrocities. I hope a lot of people start to notice that the cartoonish villainy of the US government in the film is actually less horrendous than what our government has perpetrated in real life.

I'd like to see a movie this skillfully made with the same artistic sense and comedic timing but with fewer innocent civilians getting wasted for laughs pls and thx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Harley Quinn wasn't as annoying in this one, either.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Will I be able to follow the intricate plot without having seen the first?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Will I be able to follow the intricate plot without having seen the first?

If anything not having seen the first one will improve your viewing experience.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
As a matter of fact, not seeing the first Suicide Squad is just good advice in general.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the batman is a terrorist

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Applewhite posted:

Harley Quinn wasn't as annoying in this one, either.

Impossible.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I didn't say she wasn't annoying, just not AS annoying.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I liked the shark guy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it was a fun movie ill probably watch it again a few years from now which is more i can say for most new movies ive seen lately. ratcatchers 2 emotional scene and idris elba at the end were cute

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Applewhite posted:

but I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have because of the callous and nihilistic treatment of human life throughout the film.

I'm not sure what you were expecting with a movie titled The Suicide Squad.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I desperately want to see the voice acting footage of Stallone doing king shark running around joyfully in the aquarium

I want to see it so bad

https://youtu.be/WrJ5dsL_eZI

That’s the scene, imagine seeing Stallone do that

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not sure what you were expecting with a movie titled The Suicide Squad.

More of the main characters dying and fewer of everyone else dying. It's not "The Homicide Squad."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

More of the main characters dying and fewer of everyone else dying. It's not "The Homicide Squad."

Uh there is a whole sequence of a lot of main characters dying

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

Uh there is a whole sequence of a lot of main characters dying

But not all of them.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The question was "what would I expect from a movie called Suicide Squad." I answered the question.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they call it suicide squad because the audience commits suicide after realizing that they have allowed the us government to commit such atrocities

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm proud of you, op.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When I think back on that movie the first thing in my head is always "the name of the loving starfish was starro."

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Suicide Squad? More like Poo-icide Squad.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

GORDON posted:

When I think back on that movie the first thing in my head is always "the name of the loving starfish was starro."

I mean, he was called that before the movie too

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

Yes welcome to 1960

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Already knew that. Doesn't make it any less lame.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

If I ever invade an alien world I intend to be called Humano the Conqueror, so I get where Starro is coming from.

This was a good movie with some of the best practical effects I've seen in quite a while.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nathan Fillion with the best cameo of the year

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Putting all the funny people in tights into this ongoing human rights disaster really makes you empathize with the whole theme, you know? Wouldn't be possible without Clowngirl.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Actually Thabnos snapped half the World’s population out of existence so he’s actually way worse when it comes to civilian casualties

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Otoh Thanos was doing a community service

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Yeah it was ok, better than the Guardian movies as Idris and Cena are better leads than Pratt. Funniest part was their attack on the jungle camp.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They made a remake already? Oh wait. Oh no! I'm going to look it up and find the last one was 10 loving years ago aren't I?

Whew! Only 5 years ago. Ok that's not so bad.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
TDK is the best superhero

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Harley Quinn:11tea::11tea::11tea:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

My dog is named Harley but not because of the movie. She was already named that when I got her. Please stop asking me if I named her after Harley Quinn.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Movie started out good and went downhill, plus once again they didn't have the rocks to make the villains villainous

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
It sucked

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hey movie watching buddies!
yeah really good movie

smug jeebus posted:

Movie started out good and went downhill, plus once again they didn't have the rocks to make the villains villainous
they funded 30 years of torture of an innocent being while murdering hundreds and thousands just...because. then had it killed when it became inconvenient.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It felt like they didn't really know what to do with Harley Quinn in this one, so they just stuck her over in her own B-plot for 90% of the movie. And that's fine.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah really good movie

they funded 30 years of torture of an innocent being while murdering hundreds and thousands just...because. then had it killed when it became inconvenient.
I mean the ostensible villains that heroically risk their lives at the end. Isn't that the point, that they're bad people, right up until the plot decides oh their heroes now, can't do something different

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

smug jeebus posted:

I mean the ostensible villains that heroically risk their lives at the end. Isn't that the point, that they're bad people, right up until the plot decides oh their heroes now, can't do something different
that general burned all those birds alive and planned to destroy the earth, the mad thinker tortured those people and starro, that one guy betrayed them before his face was exploded
the only people that survived where the outcasts, the victims of society and mental illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah really good movie

so what the united states did in the middle east