Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

regulargonzalez posted:

Wait, Lowtax died?

Reading the news thread in real time while a girl who Lowtax had bought Steam codes for in exchange for nudes while in a relationship defended his legacy and attacked his abused ex-wives, culminating in her buying several alts and posting her own cumshot, was quite the experience

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Reading the news thread in real time while a girl who Lowtax had bought Steam codes for in exchange for nudes while in a relationship defended his legacy and attacked his abused ex-wives, culminating in her buying several alts and posting her own cumshot, was quite the experience

Is there some sort of highlights reel from the dead lowtax threads somewhere?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Kevin DuBrow posted:

That was such a perfect memorial thread in every conceivable way

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BonHair posted:

Is there some sort of highlights reel from the dead lowtax threads somewhere?

That thread was loving flying and it was very easy to miss the insanity. You could probably flip through the permabans in the leper’s colony that link to the lowtax memorial thread and read a few pages around them to catch the bulk of the insanity.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I can't find an answer on the internet, but A.) Can you stick a sword through the two holes in the pelvis the ischiums.

And assuming you're immortal to bleeding out or whatever, how much mobility would you lose having a thin sheet of metal in that general area?

Also where is that area exactly? Anatomy models don't make it clear.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Boba Pearl posted:

I can't find an answer on the internet, but A.) Can you stick a sword through the two holes in the pelvis the ischiums.

And assuming you're immortal to bleeding out or whatever, how much mobility would you lose having a thin sheet of metal in that general area?

Also where is that area exactly? Anatomy models don't make it clear.

Know those bones in your butt that you sit on? That’s the bottom of the ischiums. I think the biggest problem to getting a sword through both rings are the femurs being right there

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

dupersaurus posted:

Know those bones in your butt that you sit on? That’s the bottom of the ischiums. I think the biggest problem to getting a sword through both rings are the femurs being right there

Yeah the immortal butt stabbed person would need to be seated for getting the femurs out of the way at least. They definitely won't be standing up straight afterwards.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is alkaline water snake oil?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Basically yes because you’re pouring it into a digestive system that is very acidic. Although I suppose it could maybe help people with gator-intestinal problems? Maybe a doctor can chime in.

In any case, the human body is already slightly basic and the parts that aren’t basic are acidic for really important reasons. The guts need acid for digestion as well as saliva to a lesser extent. also vaginas are acidic and I’m pretty sure messing with the ph balance there can lead to infections

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 6, 2021

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

abelwingnut posted:

is alkaline water snake oil?
worse
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/03/complaints-mount-after-5-kids-suffer-liver-failure-linked-to-alkaline-water/

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Fruits of the sea posted:

Although I suppose it could maybe help people with gator-intestinal problems?

Doubtful, also this is a very mild way to phrase being eaten by an alligator

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yowza. that's worse than i thought.

thanks.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.â€Â
Yeah alkaline water is complete bullshit. pH is a measure of hydrogen ion concentration. Consuming anything that would significantly alter the pH balance of your entire body would either require an infeasible quantity of the substance ingested, or an infeasibly high pH that would destroy local tissues long before it entered your bloodstream. Not to mention your body has a fairly robust built-in pH buffer built into your blood. Acidosis (and alkalosis for that matter) are legitimate medical conditions, but they are caused by physilogical disturbances (like inability to sufficiency ventilate off CO2, or kidney damage for example) and cannot be treated by eating or drinking something to counteract the pH change.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's better to just take an antacid for digestive issues, and there's nothing else I can even imagine alkaline water being any good for.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fruits of the sea posted:

Basically yes because you’re pouring it into a digestive system that is very acidic. Although I suppose it could maybe help people with gator-intestinal problems? Maybe a doctor can chime in.

If you have alligators in your intestines I think what type of water you drink is the least of your problems.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Clearly you need to be drinking Gatorade :rimshot:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Douche4Sale posted:

Clearly you need to be drinking Gatorade :rimshot:

You fool, aiding them will only make them stronger!

The funniest thing I've seen is some foodblog where the author was putting a tablespoon of apple-cider-vinegar in his glass of alkaline water.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 7, 2021

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I have a $20 oil lamp I bought at the hardware store. I light it some evenings and turn off the house lights because I think it's nice. It's not very bright though. Is the solution:

1.) More oil lamps?
2.) Better oil lamps?

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

McCracAttack posted:

I have a $20 oil lamp I bought at the hardware store. I light it some evenings and turn off the house lights because I think it's nice. It's not very bright though. Is the solution:

1.) More oil lamps?
2.) Better oil lamps?

These two videos will explain what to use for oil or gas lamps quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tURHTuKHBZ

https://www.youtube.com/embed/F3rncxf4Or8

I Miss Snausages fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 25, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

RCarr posted:

If you have alligators in your intestines I think what type of water you drink is the least of your problems.

this is what they call it when they ask a florida nfl player to hit the backwall

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Toupee Groupie posted:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tURHTuKHBZs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F3rncxf4Or8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I expect that these are Technology Connections’ videos, but I’m not motivated enough to check.

Anyway, get a Dietz hurricane lamp.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Toupee Groupie posted:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tURHTuKHBZs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F3rncxf4Or8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If you just copy and then use Ctrl-V to paste the plain YouTube URLs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tURHTuKHBZs and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3rncxf4Or8) they embed automatically, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tURHTuKHBZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3rncxf4Or8

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Can you buy an actual full sized Krackel bar or do they only come in those assortments with Mr Goodbar etc

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Walmart has a listing for a full size bar, but you can't buy it. Amazon doesn't even list them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I hired a caterer who ripped me off. I want to take them to small claims court. Can I take them to court in the town where the event he catered was located? Or do I have to take him to court in the town his business is located / the town he resides in?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

RCarr posted:

I hired a caterer who ripped me off. I want to take them to small claims court. Can I take them to court in the town where the event he catered was located? Or do I have to take him to court in the town his business is located / the town he resides in?

Do not post about it online, talk to a lawyer.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

Do not post about it online, talk to a lawyer.

I thought the point of small claims courts is that the claims are typically smaller than what a lawyer would charge, and thus people usually represent themselves

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Around here at least, lawyers are forbidden in small claims court.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

alnilam posted:

I thought the point of small claims courts is that the claims are typically smaller than what a lawyer would charge, and thus people usually represent themselves

where i live (ca) you aren't allowed to bring a lawyer to small claims court. the claims can go up to 10k.

the defendant has to be in the same state other than that i dont see any requirements re: their location, but probably easier to serve them the paperwork etc if you sue them in their town

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 7, 2021

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You at least need to check the contract to see if it specifies the venue (or worse yet, arbitration).

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Crossposting from the DIY thread on rock-collecting. Hoping one of you folks could tell me what this carved pig is made out of?

He's about 6 in/15cm and weighs in at 3lb/1.2kg. Fairly polished, but not super-glossy.

I have no idea where or when it's from, though he's got a circle carved on his forehead like a bindi or a Buddha third eye kind of thing.

Appreciate any thoughts!

edit: for more pics

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 7, 2021

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Crossposting from the DIY thread on rock-collecting. Hoping one of you folks could tell me what this carved pig is made out of?

He's about 6 in/15cm and weighs in at 3lb/1.2kg. Fairly polished, but not super-glossy.

I have no idea where or when it's from, though he's got a circle carved on his forehead like a bindi or a Buddha third eye kind of thing.

Appreciate any thoughts!

There’s a gems, jewels, etc thread here, maybe they can help:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894756

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

Appreciate any thoughts!

Soapstone.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

credburn posted:

Hey gang

#wokecishetwhiteguyproblems here

Sorry to hear about your woes. I don't have any advice to add except to keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass.

Also goddamn that's gotta be the mother of all username/posts combos.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Does Spotify put out its Wrapped stuff at the start of December to avoid contaminating the reports with Christmas stuff? Or is each years December rolled into the subsequent year?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Badger of Basra posted:

Does Spotify put out its Wrapped stuff at the start of December to avoid contaminating the reports with Christmas stuff? Or is each years December rolled into the subsequent year?

It includes data from Jan 1 through Oct 31, the rest is omitted

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I wouldn’t be surprised if all the music system algorithms just ignore anything tagged with the “holiday” genre when calculating what to suggest for you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Appreciate any thoughts!

My mom had one of these when my brother and I were little and my brother chipped his tooth on it! Blast from the past.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is there a good way to hide a Blue Yeti mic during a Zoom meeting? Kinda a dumb question but I came into possession of one of these cool
mics, but I can’t figure out how to use them in my work calls without seeming like a total tryhard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vegetable posted:

Is there a good way to hide a Blue Yeti mic during a Zoom meeting? Kinda a dumb question but I came into possession of one of these cool
mics, but I can’t figure out how to use them in my work calls without seeming like a total tryhard.

Could you just hide it behind a 40?