Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Also got convinced to play Doom Eternal (after finding Doom 2016 a little dull in the back half and thinking the new ones are not for me) and have to say that it is more Quake than Doom and I am having a really good time. I am midway through it and using the super shotgun flaming meat hook judiciously! :)

when it comes to the meat hook "judiciously" means "not enough"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

when it comes to the meat hook "judiciously" means "not enough"

Well there are so many other cool things to use that I cannot stick with just the one crutch. Plasma Blow Out, micro missles, blood punch, the whole extravaganza!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I might finish Jedi Fallen Order tonight. I have been on and off with the game for a while and I played a good few hours yesterday.,

Also got convinced to play Doom Eternal (after finding Doom 2016 a little dull in the back half and thinking the new ones are not for me) and have to say that it is more Quake than Doom and I am having a really good time. I am midway through it and using the super shotgun flaming meat hook judiciously! :)

J:FO apparently ha s sequel coming and I hope they tighten up the combat- felt like it would have been pretty well-paced if the combat was actually satisfying and I did like the process of exploring the game's levels

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Looper posted:

i spent most of the weekend playing ocarina of time and folks, the water temple is good and not that hard. i'll even make a bold stance and say it's not that tedious either, many of the sunken hallways can be navigated by diving just as well as by iron boot. aesthetic aside, the shadow temple was a disappointing follow-up

also played dweller's empty path, temmie's second free game about a melancholy girl with sleeping problems taking a walk to clear her head while being harassed by a rude yet hot demon guy. good music, good art, good character bits, an audacious overly long joke segment, and definitely better realized than the first game

All it really needs is better sign posting for that key in the central tower thing and it's fine.

Still not as good as great bay temple though

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

i spent most of the weekend playing ocarina of time and folks, the water temple is good and not that hard. i'll even make a bold stance and say it's not that tedious either, many of the sunken hallways can be navigated by diving just as well as by iron boot. aesthetic aside, the shadow temple was a disappointing follow-up

People just couldn't handle the Water Temple back in the 90s because it was the game's first real test of being able to navigate and comprehend a 3D space back when doing that was very unfamiliar to people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1467871273116217345

This is running natively on Xbox Series X using Unreal Engine 5.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's maybe just the difference between the puzzle solving ablities of a 7 year old vs an adult

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rarity posted:

I beat Siren: Blood Curse, what a completely weird and obtuse and disturbing and kinda bad but still utterly compelling game.

Never forget the most important thing you discovered there. You discovered a good song:

https://youtu.be/D3pAcJKeGjQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Never forget the most important thing you discovered there. You discovered a good song:

https://youtu.be/D3pAcJKeGjQ

Looks like that's from one of the other games

I did like this from the soundtrack though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FaAM9vksE

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1467871273116217345

This is running natively on Xbox Series X using Unreal Engine 5.

I'm pretty baffled that this isn't coming to PC, I guess maybe Epic really doesn't want anyone trying it out on a rig that doesn't meet their target UE5 specs but that still doesn't seem like a good enough reason not to at least make the option available, especially given all the PC gamers (not me, mind you) who pay through the nose for bleeding-edge rigs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was looking for holiday sales and i think Klipsch has been making this exact set of computer speakers since like the 90s, always at the same price point lol

https://www.klipsch.com/products/klipsch-promedia-2-1-thx-certified-computer-speaker

($129 isn't a bad price for them but I suspect there's more competition for good computer speakers these days)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I have a set of those and they're pretty decent, except I just wear headphones all the time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the main problem is that the control pod thing is really prone to breaking. you'd think they'd redesign it but nah

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

December 5: Highfleet

Is there anyone who really likes this game, am I going to find something I like in here

A lot of people love it, there's a whole thread.

I will admit to being one who bounced off of it though. Just too much that wasn't self-explanatory, I tend to not like games that demand so much. And it IS a demanding game that demands you think hard about a lot of things, and also isn't THAT clear about its systems and mechanics.

Love how it looks though and I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Rarity posted:

Shoutout to all the real ones who's first video game sunset was outside Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time

dap

Muscle Tracer posted:

So I tried out early access indie game Mini Healer, and I rate it a solid 2/5. On the one hand, it DOES have the sweet sweet healing action that I crave, with a simplified take on some familiar MMO classes like druid and paladin, and a pretty solid spread of abilities and talents. However... It's got the annoying indie trope of being so heavily pixilated that it's almost impossible to read any text. It's got an MMO-like reliance on equipped items but the item comparison screen doesn't show you comparative values, making it very hard to assess loot. It's got three other party members, but you still have to control who they target, and for some reason your gear influences the damage they do, instead of them having their own equipment. It's also JUST boss fights, which I get, but means that each fight only lasts about 2 minutes tops since there's no trash or minibosses or anything. All in all it's got potential, but it's honestly not focused enough on what it's trying to be.

Maybe try Looking for Heals? It's a bit different, an action roguelike where you go through dungeons healing, shielding, and resurrecting your dudes. But similar idea equally based on MMO healing mechanics

A Sometimes Food posted:

You still shouldnt' recommend it to someone with addiction issues.

Also has anyone tried Chorvs? is it any good? I like arcadey plane/spaceship dogfight things and I'm interested.

It loving owns. Do yourself a favor and pick it up if you like spaceship dogfights because that's what it's all about. Feels great to play, looks amazing and has an intriguing world and story to boot

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barry Convex posted:

I'm pretty baffled that this isn't coming to PC, I guess maybe Epic really doesn't want anyone trying it out on a rig that doesn't meet their target UE5 specs but that still doesn't seem like a good enough reason not to at least make the option available, especially given all the PC gamers (not me, mind you) who pay through the nose for bleeding-edge rigs

Maybe it's like Judgement and they don't want people modding Keanu to make funny faces or say silly things.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i found out my mother has breast cancer today. at first i was pretty nonplussed, but now i want to vomit out my insides.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Shadow Temple had the best boss in the game, the boat ride, horror aesthetics and cool Lens of Truth puzzles, it rules :colbert:

after the depth of the water temple, the shadow temple was so absurdly simple and all the puzzles are basically just "use lens of truth." you get the dungeon treasure almost immediately! doesn't live up to its theming

SeXReX posted:

All it really needs is better sign posting for that key in the central tower thing and it's fine.

Still not as good as great bay temple though

tbh i think the sign posting is good enough as is, the camera clearly shows that passage every time you raise the water level inside the tower. great bay temple is great though, for sure

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oh no rinkles, i'm sorry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rinkles I'm so sorry :(

Looper posted:

after the depth of the water temple, the shadow temple was so absurdly simple and all the puzzles are basically just "use lens of truth." you get the dungeon treasure almost immediately! doesn't live up to its theming

Getting the treasure early just means you get to play with it more!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

i found out my mother has breast cancer today. at first i was pretty nonplussed, but now i want to vomit out my insides.

I am very sorry, Rinkles! My mom had breast cancer in 2003. Thankfully for this type of cancer, a massive amount of research and drugs are poured into fighting it. The treatments for it have gotten so much better compared to even when my mom had it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

thanks. the tumor is apparently in a very early stage, but my mind tends to assume the worse.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Rinkles posted:

Sorry to hear that! My mom has had breast cancer twice and ultimately had a full mastectomy in 2018. Cancer free ever since. It seems like there are so many options for addressing breast cancer these days, I hope your mom can find a solution.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

these are encouraging to hear. thanks a lot!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rinkles posted:

thanks. the tumor is apparently in a very early stage, but my mind tends to assume the worse.

It's only natural for your mind to go to the worst case scenario, they caught it fast so her chances should be real good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

stev posted:

Maybe it's like Judgement and they don't want people modding Keanu to make funny faces or say silly things.

I mean the cyberpunk mods are already out there

Edit: oh sorry I posted before scrolling down, hoping for the best I know how tough that can be

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Hello, any recommendations for local co-op games I could play with my girlfriend? We're using an M1 MacBook with XBox One controllers AirPlayed to a TV, so anything we can emulate reasonably well is fair game. I loved The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords back in the day, but we lack the hardware for that. So far we've done Portal co-op and the usual racing/fighting games. Thanks!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blk posted:

Hello, any recommendations for local co-op games I could play with my girlfriend? We're using an M1 MacBook with XBox One controllers AirPlayed to a TV, so anything we can emulate reasonably well is fair game. I loved The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords back in the day, but we lack the hardware for that. So far we've done Portal co-op and the usual racing/fighting games. Thanks!

All the LEGO games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

Fire Temple
Spirit Temple
Shadow Temple
Hyrule Castle
Dodongo's Cavern
Forest Temple
Deku Tree
Bottom of the Well
Jabu-Jabu
Ice Cavern
Water Temple

you'd be closer to correct if you reversed the list

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Water Temple (3DS)
Spirit Temple
Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Shadow Temple
Deku Tree
Water Temple (N64)
Ganon's Castle
Fire Temple
Dodongo's Cavern
Forest Temple

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do people actually do Shadow Temple last? Seems like the game always pushes you to do it after the water temple unless you never go to Kakariko ever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fire Temple rules, the music slaps and there are loads of Goron buddies and a cool boss and the hammer is one of the best items you can get, what's not to love?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i don't care for jabu-jabu's belly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish the owl would gently caress off

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Owl see to it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

OoT... it's a hOoT!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hatty posted:

Do people actually do Shadow Temple last? Seems like the game always pushes you to do it after the water temple unless you never go to Kakariko ever

Iirc navi directs you to shadow temple first, but the spirit medallion appears before the shadow medallion in the pause menu

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I did Fire Temple last because I didn't know how to get the Goron Tunic :saddowns:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

OoT... it's a hOoT!

it's a poot, from a butt

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Rinkles posted:

Hey Rinkles. I felt the same way when my mom was diagnosed back in 2003 or so. I think a big part of me felt like she was invincible, since she was a single mom working as a nurse for the Air Force. Losing her would have been devastating and I avoided really grappling with the reality of the situation for way too long.

Fortunately moms are hella tough and breast cancer has been the target of tons of research and finding. Finding the lump while it’s small makes a huge difference. My mom was part of some chemo trial that really wrecked her and ultimately didn’t bear scientific fruit but it did kill that cancer dead. She got lymphedema a few years later since they removed her lymph nodes, but that’s manageable and better than being dead I suppose.

I would encourage you to be brave and extra attentive if your mom starts chemo. It will suck for her and she’ll probably try to downplay it so you don’t worry, but be prepared to roll up your sleeves if you can. I was a stupid conceited teen and looking back on some of my behavior makes me feel sick.

Your mom has pretty good chances to beat this, but it’s a long road. Cancer sucks and it is a lovely part of life, and if you need a place to decompress know that these chat threads will always be full of friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A new trailer for Matrix Resurrections just dropped and it looks so much better than the first trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0v-pnDO9l8 I have so many questions now.