Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

I missed it, why did the Pats get a magical extra 15 seconds?

Because "gently caress you." As usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
:lol: 4th&14 and Josh throws to no one. Perfect encapsulation of the 2021 Bills.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Bills really should be ashamed themselves. You get bullied like this at home?

drat you're on one today lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Coaching drags this team down. Still can’t believe they didn’t go for two

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

is pepsi ok posted:

drat you're on one today lol

I was rooting for the Bills. I guess that is why they lost.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

I missed it, why did the Pats get a magical extra 15 seconds run off?

Bills injury which required a timeout

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And wasting timeouts on top of that, even without getting into the horrid red zone play calling

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
2/3 for 19 yards

What does anyone do with that.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The timeout that McDermott pissed away on the challenge would have been useful

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

2/3 for 19 yards

What does anyone do with that.

Listen to the Sports Hub for spicy takes?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Also the other one they took for no reason.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
lmao

i tried to warn you guys

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also the other one they took for no reason.

headset malfunction apparently

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nodoze posted:

Well the logic goes if you rub the ref’s face in their poo poo calls they’ll clearly be more favorable later, definitely worth billowing a timeout to rely on their sense of fair play

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tough game. Poor Buffalo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Magicpants posted:

lmao

i tried to warn you guys

SO DID I. I said this would happen in this thread yesterday. That the Pats wouldn’t win due to any logic or sense or anything involving football, but because of the universe intervening to make it happen.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

But this, basically:

https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1468068846020046848?s=20

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

And wasting timeouts on top of that, even without getting into the horrid red zone play calling
2020 was a mirage, this team getting all the breaks just to get demolished by the Chiefs. The loving Patriots go from dead in the water to #1-seed in one year and we turn back into a loving pumpkin that goes 1-3 against the AFC loving South and plays undisciplined football. I'm sorry, but that comes from the top.
Time for this staff and this team to do some soul-searching and shut up about how they're better than this, because they're clearly not. We go into Foxboro and avenge this or we die.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Not to mention if not for that punk bitch Harry this thing is 14-3

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll give the obligatory salty Bills take and say for all the "Bills are soft, they couldn't stop the run" takes, it amounted to 14 points and the only touchdown drive was when the runner got free.

Game's a lot more on the offense IMO.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

'clowned' give me a break, the colts clowned, this is squeaked

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

I'll give the obligatory salty Bills take and say for all the "Bills are soft, they couldn't stop the run" takes, it amounted to 14 points and the only touchdown drive was when the runner got free.

Yeah the defense was mostly good outside of that flukey home run shot but in a game where they knew the pats weren’t passing that’s just acceptable at best

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'll still use the weather thing here. This game is proooobably???? a lot closer if there isn't an active tornado in the stadium

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Paracausal posted:

The quarterback attempted two passes

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

SO DID I. I said this would happen in this thread yesterday. That the Pats wouldn’t win due to any logic or sense or anything involving football, but because of the universe intervening to make it happen.

no you idiot this poo poo was coming from a mile away for obvious football reasons. one reason: belichick.

other reasons: the bills LITERALLY were incapable of running and defending the run, they're soft as a babys bottom

josh allens game is entirely predicated on making magic happen, he doesnt have the patience to win with the easy throws underneath

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fsif posted:

You arent wrong but "the only touchdown is when we didn't tackle a run" isn't really a good defense against a take that "the Bills couldn't stop the run"

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
This isn’t even the most humiliating Bills loss where the opposing team only completed two passes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paracausal posted:

You lose a game where they throw the ball 3 times and still run for 222 yards you got clowned.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
This would be a 2 win team if we kept Cam

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
mmm this game loving ruled and none of you appreciate it

thats fine, ill appreciate it so loving hard, i love this game more than my parents

this was a humiltiation the likes of which the nfl hasn't seen in recorded history

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Maybe it's me but I expected the 4th quarter adjustment of "send everyone, hit Stevenson in the backfield" a lot sooner

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You arent wrong but "the only touchdown is when we didn't tackle a run" isn't really a good defense against a take that "the Bills couldn't stop the run"
Yeah, they did nothing but run, and granted they had the one home run shot, but they averaged almost 5 yards per carry.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sounds like Buffalo could’ve used an efficient passer.

Mcmagic you know who is an efficient passer?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nodoze posted:

Maybe it's me but I expected the 4th quarter adjustment of "send everyone, hit Stevenson in the backfield" a lot sooner

Yeah you’d think so wouldn’t you

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If the Super Bowl really is Brady vs Belichick than that’s the series finale for the NFL. Wrap it up. It’s done.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sounds like Buffalo could’ve used an efficient passer.

Mcmagic you know who is an efficient passer?

Buffalo only scored because Allen made a play lol. If Tua was their QB in this game they get shut out.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Dawson Knox really screwed the Bills tonight

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did Knox even catch a pass?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

You lose a game where they throw the ball 3 times and still run for 222 yards you got clowned.

And the Bills would've won if they had a TE who could catch and an OC who didn't demand 1.5yd runs every other play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I mean for what they are spending on the Dline the Bills are pretty soft.