Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

mcmagic posted:

I hate Vince Vaughn not playing himself.

Really? I think VInce Vaughn being added to the show as another Funkhouser is great. His demeanor and attitude towards everything fits perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I love Freddy

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Vince Vaughn but he's great in CYE.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I don't get why Larry and Freddy are still on speaking terms after the mini-bar mini-war, the favorite shirt fiasco (and the public shaming at the funeral), the towed car and of course the Perrier incident :911: - and that's just this season, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff from previous seasons.

Oh, and Larry broke up Freddy and the ophthalmologist, but that was Freddy being just as weird as Larry about some minor bullshit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think Freddy was justified in breaking up with after her behavior in the restaurant :colbert:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Larry routinely poo poo all over Marty Funkhouser and Marty considered Larry his best friend!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

mcbexx posted:

I don't get why Larry and Freddy are still on speaking terms after the mini-bar mini-war, the favorite shirt fiasco (and the public shaming at the funeral), the towed car and of course the Perrier incident :911: - and that's just this season, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff from previous seasons.

Oh, and Larry broke up Freddy and the ophthalmologist, but that was Freddy being just as weird as Larry about some minor bullshit.

One of the best things about Curb is that friends are friends and no matter how much they poo poo on each other they're still friends and no one inside of that circle bears grudges. By all accounts Susie should loving hate Larry, but she knows exactly how much of him she can take.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Larry trying to go back and steal the Perrier was loving amazing. I watched it again last night with my brother and it's probably the high point of the episode. Vince Vaughn is so drat good and I am reminded why I used to like him in all his old comedy roles. Dude has amazing timing and his winking and giggles are so loving funny. Also what a beast of a man - but apparently only 6'4? He looked like he towered over Larry and was huge in that house.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qh4vZYIZsU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Larry saying he doesn't go into people's refrigerators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOKAkZvCAVA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What sort of nutjob objects over anchovies on a caesar salad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Anchovies are disgusting, but he still should have ordered them.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I didn’t care for this one much, Curb is at its best when it’s dealing with some relatable social poo poo but I absolutely can’t relate with getting the wrong limo driver even if Larry was completely in the wrong about it the entire time. The fat roofer jokes also did nothing for me. The only part I liked was Larry and Vince fighting over the Perrier.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

robot roll call posted:

I didn’t care for this one much, Curb is at its best when it’s dealing with some relatable social poo poo but I absolutely can’t relate with getting the wrong limo driver even if Larry was completely in the wrong about it the entire time. The fat roofer jokes also did nothing for me. The only part I liked was Larry and Vince fighting over the Perrier.

He didn't get the wrong limo driver he just felt bad that tiny little woman was supposed to carry his bags. I don't have to get picked up by a limo at the airport to be able to feel for Larry in that situation. I've also never had a 350lb roofer but I found those scenes pretty drat funny too.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Goons not commenting on the underwear because it hits too close to home.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao nobody on earth has ever remembered anything someone has said "oh hey remind me about..." and if they did remember they obviously don't say it. you're saying it to yourself

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
vince vaughn is the best new addition since leon. his chemistry and back and forth with larry is sublime.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Going through a rewatch and the episode where Larry tries to take a fork out to a driver and gets busted for stealing. First, you're allowed to steal silverware and always should, who doesn't and wouldn't. Second, would you even be allowed to be punished like that over such a small crime? Obviously this is a show and it doesn't matter, but just logistically IIRC you can steal under a certain amount and the punishment is essentially negligible and can be handled out of court even.

Next episode starts with Larry throwing trash into a garbage can and I'm mad at Larry for not knowing or not yelling at this rear end in a top hat who says "that's my garbage can." No bitch, it's the city's.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

"We kinda cancel each other out, wanna get outta here?" and they both leave. loving hilarious. Larry gets Susan Sarandon'd at the end.

DuhSal posted:

vince vaughn is the best new addition since leon. his chemistry and back and forth with larry is sublime.

Hard agree, love his character in the show, it's a great foil to Larry.

Brass fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 6, 2021

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Brass posted:

"We kinda cancel each other out, wanna get outta here?" and they both leave. loving hilarious.

That completely killed me

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gotta vote down ballot Larry! That’s where all the poo poo like your fence problem originates!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That was a great episode. This season is on fire.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

"...and yet for some reason, I'm inexplicably drawn to that which repels me"

some drat fine lols in this episode

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Tracey Ullman was excellent in this too

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh poo poo I had no idea that was her, LOL

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sharing the screen again after 28 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBam72eYsAg

So that kid who briefly spoke to Larry while he was in line to vote looked exactly like a young Larry David. Either it was the weirdest coincidence ever or Larry's going to cast him to play young Larry soon because it was pretty on the nose.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

So that kid who briefly spoke to Larry while he was in line to vote looked exactly like a young Larry David. Either it was the weirdest coincidence ever or Larry's going to cast him to play young Larry soon because it was pretty on the nose.

I was really surprised it didn't go in that direction. I noticed the same thing and thought for sure he'd somehow get casted on the spot.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Larry asking Lewis when he was going to die had me loving dying

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
No more handshakes.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Id definitely vote on the platform Larry made up for him.

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018
This show is absolute dog poo poo. It needs a laugh track so I can tell when something funny supposedly happens. So far I laugh maybe 3 times per season. Larry David is a complete narcissist with absolutely no self or social awareness and doesn't give a flying gently caress about anyone around him. The first three seasons he's a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone around him and noone (except Susie, after the fact) ever calls him out for it. I mean he fires 3 chefs from his restaurant because he felt like it. And then half way through season 4 all of a sudden he's the victim and everyone around him is the overreacting rear end in a top hat. Except he's still completely unable to recognize social boundaries and just pisses people off the longer he talks, which is always too long. His friends are morons who never tell him to stfu before he says something stupid, and none of them attempt to explain or mitigate anything he says or does. And that's what really needs to happen. Someone telling this social retard to just shut the flying gently caress up, but noone does.

None of this is funny. It's just infuriating. The main character is an annoying rear end in a top hat, and shits on everyone around him with no consideration for them at all. Supposed to be funny right? He can never see when he's pissing someone off and just keeps on going. I'm sure that's supposed to be funny too. Can he just not understand when someone says "no"? Is the guy a sociopath? Is the show trying to turn a sociopath into a someone to laugh at?

Comparisons to Seinfeld are inevitable. George Costanza gets caught in the same kind of misunderstandings, but never drags out the situation with pointless monologues. He also has Jerry and Elaine to warn him when he's about to do something stupid. His story arcs are also interspersed with actual humor. None of which happens in CYE, where Larry is just the unrestrained social retard, pissing off everyone around him and being completely oblivious to it. Hilarious I'm sure.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Phobos Anomaly posted:

This show is absolute dog poo poo. It needs a laugh track so I can tell when something funny supposedly happens. So far I laugh maybe 3 times per season. Larry David is a complete narcissist with absolutely no self or social awareness and doesn't give a flying gently caress about anyone around him. The first three seasons he's a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone around him and noone (except Susie, after the fact) ever calls him out for it. I mean he fires 3 chefs from his restaurant because he felt like it. And then half way through season 4 all of a sudden he's the victim and everyone around him is the overreacting rear end in a top hat. Except he's still completely unable to recognize social boundaries and just pisses people off the longer he talks, which is always too long. His friends are morons who never tell him to stfu before he says something stupid, and none of them attempt to explain or mitigate anything he says or does. And that's what really needs to happen. Someone telling this social retard to just shut the flying gently caress up, but noone does.

None of this is funny. It's just infuriating. The main character is an annoying rear end in a top hat, and shits on everyone around him with no consideration for them at all. Supposed to be funny right? He can never see when he's pissing someone off and just keeps on going. I'm sure that's supposed to be funny too. Can he just not understand when someone says "no"? Is the guy a sociopath? Is the show trying to turn a sociopath into a someone to laugh at?

Comparisons to Seinfeld are inevitable. George Costanza gets caught in the same kind of misunderstandings, but never drags out the situation with pointless monologues. He also has Jerry and Elaine to warn him when he's about to do something stupid. His story arcs are also interspersed with actual humor. None of which happens in CYE, where Larry is just the unrestrained social retard, pissing off everyone around him and being completely oblivious to it. Hilarious I'm sure.

Nah, it's a good show, actually.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why are you four seasons into a show you hate?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Phobos Anomaly posted:

Eh.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I will be honest, I wasn't such a huge fan of the first couple seasons until I came back to them - it's a lot more full improv and yelling over each other. But they are really good and if you don't like it by season 4 it's probably not for you. Try season 6 though, it's worth it just for Leon.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth

Phobos Anomaly posted:

Nice meltdown.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Phobos Anomaly posted:

Someone telling this social retard to just shut the flying gently caress up, but noone does.

I know this is fake post, because the show is literally people constantly telling Larry to shut the gently caress up. Do yourself a favor and actually watch it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m surprised there’s no compilation of Larry being thrown out of places

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

I know this is fake post, because the show is literally people constantly telling Larry to shut the gently caress up. Do yourself a favor and actually watch it.

If only there was a character, perhaps a woman, who would literally say the phrase "shut the gently caress up Larry" or some variation of it in almost every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Phobos Anomaly posted: