Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
Many cultures around the Morze believe pelicans feed their young with their own blood, which makes them an easy metaphor for the goddess Love's self-sacrificing nature. As a result many believe that the pelican is one of Her most favored creatures: to see a pelican on Noworoczna means luck and prosperity for the new year, and on the edges of the Imperia this superstition can grow into culthood.
The Pelican Cult of Iskana is the largest church in the city, whose members include some of the most esteemed families in Lower Charnaz. On Noworoczna the cult's penitent, with a lavish indulgence, may rechristen their baptisms, cleansing themselves of sin and renewing their commitment to Love. To the cult's faithful, once the holy water touches your brow you are absolved of all wrongdoing from the previous year.
Today is the first day of the new year and the elites have queued to the baptismal font as they do every year. Only this time nobody would be pardoned. The first person to have their head sprinkled with holy water felt their eyes start to burn, then he screamed in pain and died writhing on the ground. The sacred aspergillum has been cursed! Someone has sabotaged this most holy day. The priests halt the ceremony for fear of redeeming the guilty party while the would-be forgiven eye each other with suspicion. They each wonder who would murder on Noworoczna, why, and how to stop them from killing again.

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. It is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter.

Please post every day. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If a majority vote has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it's floating.

To sign up, say whether you want to play or be a replacement, and whether or not you have PMs. If you don't have PMs, include your email. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have Platinum you should really consider getting it! Additionally, if you live outside of North America, please include your time zone!

If you are living with, or otherwise have regular OOT contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Current Phase: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) b-minus1
2) CirclMastr
3) Hal Incandenza
4) hambeet
5) Idle Amalgam
6) Ignatius M. Meen Shellception
7) Illandir a.k.a. postmodifier
8) merk
9) Moatillata
10) ObamaAkbar
11) Pinterest Mom
12) Sandwolf
13) Somberbrero
14) Toalpaz
15) Tobbs

Results:
Night 0: Dragnix, Brother Dragnis, Unlucky Priest (town-aligned faith healer), died.
Day 1: ObamaAkbar, Beketaten, Penitent (town-aligned vanilla), was executed.
Night 1: Nobody died during the night! How unusual! Or maybe not idk!
Day 2, Afternoon: merk, Claudia Fera, Cuckquean (justice-aligned mason recruiter), daykilled. Somberbrero, Sister Orepatra, Faithful Priestess (justice-aligned vigilante), endgamed. Pinterest Mom, Psamtik Philamater, Lady's Mage (justice-aligned doctor), endgamed.
Day 2, Evening: b-minus1, Ezra, Inquisitor (flame-aligned arsonist), daykilled.

:aaaaa:
GAME OVER
TOWN AND SCUM VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 21, 2021

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yo

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
Love Eccogames but this is not a signup - some (good) stuff is happening right now and that makes me think I'll probably not have too much free time or spare attention until the 22-23th December at the very least. I assume this will have started by then.

Also, just wanted to drop a local pelican here!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I volunteer!!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sure I'll try.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
eccogame

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I'm playing and I have PMs.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tut tut

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure! Also I live in Sandwolfs head

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That Hal is everywhere I go, Mafia games, suburban Connecticut, inside of my head

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
It's me. The birdman cometh.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I don't plan on participating in this particular instance, but instead will be spectating the game as it seems like an appropriate current introduction to one of the bedrocks of this subforum.

Good luck to all participants, and avians!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I don't plan on participating in this particular instance, but instead will be spectating the game as it seems like an appropriate current introduction to one of the bedrocks of this subforum.

Good luck to all participants, and avians!

This game is for PeliCANS, not PeliCAN'Ts. Join up.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This game is for PeliCANS, not PeliCAN'Ts. Join up.

I'm sorry - but my residual PTSD from games long-forgotten in basements long-abandoned still haunts me enough to prevent from fully enjoying the subversive experiences that once gave me such a rush. So please, let me dip my flip flappers gently into the waters, and I promise you we will fly together with the new season.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I'm sorry - but my residual PTSD from games long-forgotten in basements long-abandoned still haunts me enough to prevent from fully enjoying the subversive experiences that once gave me such a rush. So please, let me dip my flip flappers gently into the waters, and I promise you we will fly together with the new season.

No worries I just had to be the first person to say pelican and pelican't.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it turns out you're the only one to say it!!

I will wait until Monday night before calling a mulligan and retrying after the holidays.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EccoRaven posted:

it turns out you're the only one to say it!!

I will wait until Monday night before calling a mulligan and retrying after the holidays.

How am I supposed to ignore my family without mafia?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I will play.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would like to play

I have PMs

I also have private messaging enabled

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

How am I supposed to ignore my family without mafia?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

my current game looks like its wrapping up so I'm in

if I roll mason with anyone I am sorry in advance and promise I will do better this game. just don't loving ask me to agree with you we're confirmed when we're not. also you may want to check some colorblindness tests out just in case

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
Alright, if you are going to mulligan then pull me in before you do. I'd feel bad having the game be postponed when half-full while sitting on the sideline.

Just a note that I'll probably not be very active this first week, up until Saturday or so at the very least. I won't drop below lurker limit but I can be a bit absent. As time stands it'll probably be just jokephase that gets affected, though.

That last post made me laugh. You can mason me with Meen, he's good. And I am demostrably not colorblind, too, I fit all the requeriments! :v:

Edit: Saw the timezone requirement. I know Ecco knows this by now but I am Euro running on European Standard Time, or GMT+1.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 12, 2021

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mafia huh? I've heard of it before. Can I play?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I would like to play

I have PMs

I also have private messaging enabled

##unvoat
##voat moat it rhymes

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Shellception posted:

Alright, if you are going to mulligan then pull me in before you do. I'd feel bad having the game be postponed when half-full while sitting on the sideline.

Just a note that I'll probably not be very active this first week, up until Saturday or so at the very least. I won't drop below lurker limit but I can be a bit absent. As time stands it'll probably be just jokephase that gets affected, though.

That last post made me laugh. You can mason me with Meen, he's good. And I am demostrably not colorblind, too, I fit all the requeriments! :v:

Edit: Saw the timezone requirement. I know Ecco knows this by now but I am Euro running on European Standard Time, or GMT+1.

I am also on Euro time (GMT+0)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh yes by the tenets of Ma’at, I have private messages on and enabled and am in GMT +10 (+11 as it is now daylight savings)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

Love Eccogames but this is not a signup - some (good) stuff is happening right now and that makes me think I'll probably not have too much free time or spare attention until the 22-23th December at the very least. I assume this will have started by then.

Also, just wanted to drop a local pelican here!

Congrats!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

mm, yeah, I have PMs on and ready and I'm in the US, GMT -6 (CST).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Make me town and Moat scum, it is the natural order of things.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ecco games run on God’s Time (EST)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will be nothing short of town mvp and hero

Someone just give me a gun

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvoat
##voat moat it rhymes

Vulgar display of banality

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Moatillata posted:

I will be nothing short of town mvp and hero

Someone just give me a gun

hell no I'm wrestling you for it

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Observer! Meaning I'll set up an observer/dead chat somewhere and I request scum team/masons let me lurk. I did this last ecco game so should be fine.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

hell no I'm wrestling you for it

:siren:scum detected:siren:

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
round two, fight

(I'm in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Shell if you don't mind I'll keep you a replacement since we have 15 without you.

the game will launch tuesday evening in the Timezone of the Goddesses: Pacific, before 7 since I have a concert.