Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

Hello BYOB, I have decided to move out of my tiny isometric apartment and this means I have a lot of tiny isometric furniture to give away. Before it goes to OfferUp, does anyone need any Tiny Isometric Furniture of their own? Just let me know what you need!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I know that I have at least:
A 38-hour Wall Clock (Southwest Facing)
A Refrigerator (Southwest Facing)
A Bed (Southwest Facing)
A Duvet (Southwest Facing)
Two Pillows (One single item, southwest facing)
A Microwave (Southwest Facing)
A Three-By-Two Cube Television (Southwest Facing)
A Kitchen Counter (Southwest Facing)
A Kitchen Sink (Southwest Facing)
A Wooden Storage Chest (Southwest Facing)
A Wooden Dresser (Southeast Facing)

deep dish peat moss

Wow, I just unpacked some of these boxes and I found my Northeast Facing sofa and my Northwest Facing Recliner!

google THIS

For Sale: One pool, ladder not included, used once

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

google THIS posted:

yeah but what direction is it facing

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Dads Dip Cup

what size is the dresser? I've been trying to find a SE facing 1x2 vertical dresser forever but all I can ever find is 2x2 or 1x2 horizontal

deep dish peat moss

Dads Dip Cup posted:

what size is the dresser? I've been trying to find a SE facing 1x2 vertical dresser forever but all I can ever find is 2x2 or 1x2 horizontal

The dresser is a 2x3 :( The storage chest is 1x2, but it is horizontal and SW Facing. I'm afraid I may be a much larger Tiny Isometric Person than you. Here are photos in case you are interested.

If you place a block next to the dresser, you may be able to reach the top drawer anyway.

deep dish peat moss

google THIS posted:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
No thanks... The last isometric furniture I purchased kept having buggy hitboxes. Collision wasn't meant to be diagonal! What's more, the whole "no need to buy two bookcases, an iso southeast facing one can be flipped to become southwest facing" didn't work out due to the light source getting flipped as well... I suppose I could do a bit of recoloring, in the light source... but all things considered, gonna stick with orthogonal furniture for now

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Dads Dip Cup

deep dish peat moss posted:

The dresser is a 2x3 :( The storage chest is 1x2, but it is horizontal and SW Facing. I'm afraid I may be a much larger Tiny Isometric Person than you. Here are photos in case you are interested.

If you place a block next to the dresser, you may be able to reach the top drawer anyway.

space is the main issue, the only spot I have open is along the NW wall in between my two Tiny Isometric arcade cabinets but it's only one square wide. Also a lot of my floorspace is carpeted and because I have an older Tiny Isometric apartment I can't place things directly on the carpet

I'll keep looking, thanks for the response!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

you don't have any south facing furniture do you? i got my Tiny Isometric Apartment after the v1.2 update and it's so hard to find anything for my 45 degree wall :(

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Twenty Four

google THIS posted:

super sweet best pal

Thanks OP but my apartment is non-isometric and it would just jut out at a 45° angle

Iron Chef Ramen

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
That dresser looks g̶r̷e̶a̶t̸!̷ I'm having a problem w̸ith my ap̶a̶r̸t̵ment at the moment af̸t̷e̵r̴ the 1.06 patc̴h̸. The whole thing's gone n̷͇͆ó̴̠ṋ̷̊-̴̝̽e̴̟̕u̸͖͗c̶̮̑ĺ̸͜í̴͓d̶̨̐e̸̤̐a̷͈͝n̶̡̈.. I'm sure it'll ge̷͂ͅţ̸̈ ṗ̴̢̪͘ȧ̴̳t̶̖͇̒̚c̴͔͋̃ͅh̸͔̱̋͝ȩ̸̠́̔ḑ̵͎͑̂̀ ơ̶͎̣̭̏u̴͔̤͌́̕ẗ̵̝́́̇ e̵̠̋͂̎̅͛͘v̸̞͇͙̮̈́͐͂̕ě̷̲͙͕̭̀ń̷̟̰̮͍̌͂t̴̠̓̊u̸͙̳͍͑a̶̹͗͊̊̀̃l̷͖̘̼̝̬͙̎͠͠l̸̡͓͇̓͌͆̓͘y̵̳͉̬̱̌͌̔͐̐͝ s̸͚͛̊̈́̀͝n̴̜͙͈̈́̅̆͐e̷̝̫͛̑̾̏d̸̨̛̩̮͈̀̌ ̵̗̟͗͊͋ͅh̷̡̟̺̱̣̞̹̹͒̌̓e̶̡̛̻̠͕͑͑́̂͂̏̀̚ͅp̴̡̧̹͍̥͌̔̈́̀́̓̀l̸̨̯̠̈́̈́̊̿

deep dish peat moss

Since there's not much demand I'm leaving the rest of this on the lawn here, take what you need. Don't take my green outline ruler blocks though, I need those.

peanut

Can the sink be rotated for ceiling mount?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I need a up-facing Persian rug, you got any of them?

blaise rascal

Apropos of nothing, here is some of my favorite tile-based isometric game art:

by Mother 3 Art Director Nobuhiro Imagawa, to celebrate the game's 13th anniversary

from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

by Paul Robertson

deep dish peat moss

blaise rascal posted:

Apropos of nothing, here is some of my favorite tile-based isometric game art:

by Mother 3 Art Director Nobuhiro Imagawa, to celebrate the game's 13th anniversary

from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

by Paul Robertson

:yeah: i love that waterfall temple

Isometric game art has always been a weirdly liminal and cool thing to me ever since I was like 15 years old making pixel art and learned that the isometric perspective was literally as easy to start with as a simple 2:1 where your lines are like:
code:
ooxxxxxxoo
xxooxxooxx
xxxxooxxxx
:3:

I doodle random isometric streets sometimes for no real reason or purpose

I don't know how to explain it but isometric stuff always feels so much more, idk, logical. Like everything is naturally broken into clearly distinct blocks and measurements and to draw something isometric you just need to think about it block by block and you can draw anything

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 7, 2021

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

liking this highway a lot

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

biosterous

Moonside city planning

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

blaise rascal

I don't know how to explain it but isometric stuff always feels so much more, idk, logical. Like everything is naturally broken into clearly distinct blocks and measurements and to draw something isometric you just need to think about it block by block and you can draw anything

Yeah! I think iso art is especially beautiful for buildings, and other blocky objects like cars. I think iso figures like people can be tough to get looking right, which might be why I sometimes see iso worlds populated by side-view people.

Your iso art so far looks awesome! Excited to see what else you make.

Not to coach you, because I suck at art, but you may consider hue-shifting a bit. Imo, that's what makes the water temple look so cool; the dark areas are extremely shifted toward blue, and the bright areas quite shifted toward yellow. Here's a quick tutorial on hue shifting.

https://twitter.com/ENDESGA/status/971690827482202112

ELTON JOHN

can you tak esome pics from a different angle

ELTON JOHN

:yeah: i love that waterfall temple

Isometric game art has always been a weirdly liminal and cool thing to me ever since I was like 15 years old making pixel art and learned that the isometric perspective was literally as easy to start with as a simple 2:1 where your lines are like:
code:
ooxxxxxxoo
xxooxxooxx
xxxxooxxxx
:3:

cool

deep dish peat moss

blaise rascal posted:

Yeah! I think iso art is especially beautiful for buildings, and other blocky objects like cars. I think iso figures like people can be tough to get looking right, which might be why I sometimes see iso worlds populated by side-view people.

Not to coach you, because I suck at art, but you may consider hue-shifting a bit. Imo, that's what makes the water temple look so cool; the dark areas are extremely shifted toward blue, and the bright areas quite shifted toward yellow. Here's a quick tutorial on hue shifting.

:yeah: I picked up a cool trick for this but I never get around to it because I'm always waiting for a 'finished' piece - find a photo that has generally the color palette you want or a palette you want to mimic it, add it as a new layer, set a massive 50% gaussian blur on it then make it an overlay layer with ~60% opacity

ELTON JOHN posted:

can you tak esome pics from a different angle

:yeah: here you go

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 8, 2021

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
I am gonna take this anyway. Will look good in my living room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

blaise rascal posted:

:yeah: I picked up a cool trick for this but I never get around to it because I'm always waiting for a 'finished' piece - find a photo that has generally the color palette you want or a palette you want to mimic it, add it as a new layer, set a massive 50% gaussian blur on it then make it an overlay layer with ~60% opacity

I just tried this with a thing I've been sketchin' yesterday:

I added a photo of the simpsons' house, gave it a 50% gaussian blur and set it to an overlay with 60% opacity:

->

Definitely gives it a dirtied, lived in, earthly feeling. Kinda goofy when it's just 1 small part of the canvas but the full thing should look good if i ever finish it and actually put thought into the overlay palette layer

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 8, 2021