Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just finished an arc in the archie sonic comic where silver joins a team of secret agents with a deposed king to undermine the evil crystal chimera wizard who stole the crown, and it was incredibly good, surprisingly emotional

every time i read it now I'm so thankful this creative team managed to overcome all the bizarre hurdles that came up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Reading rocks! Comics, books, menus, forum posts, all of it!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Marvel don't make all their talent come to every movie and then hang around on set if they're not used in the script

you clearly haven't reached the comics mega-crossover era yet

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

you clearly haven't reached the comics mega-crossover era yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh speaking of beloved internet folks playing FF14

https://twitter.com/108/status/1468603417086021635?t=DRzF34LcJYmV-K18ij_Ahw&s=19

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I know he probably won't because they're so absent in the early story content, but I hope he plays as a Hrothgar.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Iron Man hanging out in his dressing room, Stan Lee knocks on the door to bring him the script, he opens the door, takes one good look at Stan and says "am I loving going over?"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Iron Man hanging out in his dressing room, Stan Lee knocks on the door to bring him the script, he opens the door, takes one good look at Stan and says "am I loving going over?"

Dave Bautista is Evolution AND Guardians of the Galaxy, a very talented man.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Baller Time posted:

I got a new mouse, the Deathadder v2, and it has the best feature ever: you can turn off the LED lights!

Coward

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The comics NOT about superheroes are the best comics, period, and it's a drat shame so much time and effort goes into making the exact same thing over and over again w/r/t superheroes

Jay Rust posted:

Surreal 10-sec YouTube ad I just got:

Male voiceover: “I never thought I’d work at Amazon. I needed a job to support my family, they had one, and I took it.”

Amazon :)

'I never thought I'd be a crack addict. But I was desperate and alone, the man on the corner had some and I took it'

Crack :)

Rarity posted:

Huh, my internet went down and I can still play my game plus it doesn't delete my character if I don't play for a few years. Weird.

I do all of that without physical media as well. That's just single player games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Best comics are creator owned ones which is why Hellboy/BPRD rule so much

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I completed all the missions in Lego Batman and put a whole lotta bad guys behind bars. Now it turns out there's a whole set of other levels where I get to play as the baddies, how exciting!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

me when i post about marvel movies sucking rear end

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
mom why are that sonics legs so long ?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

me when i post about marvel movies sucking rear end

it always makes me laugh so hard. it just looks like a bot bellied little boy in a blue suit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the monster hunter palico sonic outfit is truly the stuff of nightmares

whereas the tails palamute outfit is adorable and perfect

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The only good comic is Nancy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

SeXReX posted:

The only good comic is Nancy

https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1468284211903795212

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

the only explanation I can think of is the Heathcliff person is just writing their dreams like Salvador Dali or David Lynch

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
heathcliff guy's cousin was the original writer of the archie sonic comic and brought us scenes like this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Looper posted:

heathcliff guy's cousin was the original writer of the archie sonic comic and brought us scenes like this

someone, maybe even the artist themselves, wanked to this

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Play posted:

You didn't have to make this post.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

Sonicsnax

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Flame-Broiled Fiend

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Play posted:

They def cranked their hedgehog

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

sonic is hosed

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You didn't have to make this post.

Upset you got called out?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Upset you got called out?

Yes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is a shame-free zone

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

homeless snail posted:

you wont regret playing all of those other ffs before ff14 anyway, especially if you get into side content

After I played FFXIV I tried to play other FFs and none of them were anywhere near as good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the best comics are all the duck comics by Don Rosa

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I like manga.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Manga rules.

Andrast posted:

the best comics are all the duck comics by Don Rosa
Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQHXpXH3obo

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Earlier this year (or maybe it was last year who knows anymore), I "got into" comics for a while, but then I tried to read Transmetropolitan and now I think I'm done with graphic novels forever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Earlier this year (or maybe it was last year who knows anymore), I "got into" comics for a while, but then I tried to read Transmetropolitan and now I think I'm done with graphic novels forever.

Read good comics, like Delicious in Dungeon and Dragon Goes House Hunting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That reminds me, the other day I saw a manga about an aspiring manga artist who gets transported to a fantasy world of dragons and adventure, and immediately sets out to create a successful manga scene in that world so she can be a successful manga artist in it. I need to figure out what that was called so I can read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I bought a PS5