Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Etuni posted:

What’s the consensus on soups and broths?

Is it a cup or a bowl? Are you crumbling crackers in it? Crackers and a bowl. That could be a meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh boy. here we go again.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
for breakfast ill be having "coffee" "soup" that i'll...eat...in a bowl with a spoon

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shaggar posted:

my sink water is top quality and i drink loads of the stuff

same, except when it smells like rotting fish and/or sulfur.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mine never smells bad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

same, except when it smells like rotting fish and/or sulfur.

that’s extra good minerals and whatnot. some people pay good money for that kind of water.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Etuni posted:

I’m hoping to commit myself to watuary and have made peace with withdrawing from caffeine, but it’s cold where I live in January and I know I’m going to crave warm beverages. Maybe I’ll boil water and make tea, minus the tea. What’s the consensus on soups and broths?

the official stance is - it depends if you’re having it from a bowl or a mug

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what about from a thermos?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol if you don’t have your own well

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

President Beep posted:

i have this really nice tumbler that i only put water and ice in and it has a metal straw and everything

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

if the diameter of the consumption hole is greater than the total depth of the internal surface of the fluid vessel, it's technically a bowl and is a-ok

hence a thermos is a mug

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mods name change to consumption hole please

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
if i have a bowl of corn flakes and milk* but i drink it from a cup, is that water?

*for its well-documented anti-masturbation properties

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

if i have a bowl of corn flakes and milk* but i drink it from a cup, is that water?

*for its well-documented anti-masturbation properties

what kjnd of bullshit funny business is this, huh?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

echi my man, how about everyone trying to rules lawyer their way through this automatically fails?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well ultimately the benefit someone gets from watuary only comes from doing it in the spirit or which it is intended, and I am a massive sell out so would never turn down the added exposure given by peeps trying to get around the rules by having coffee soup for lunch

I think what’s more important is like a badge for how many years someone has done it. I think 2 years is enough to qualify for a badge or a thing

like an AA meeting chip idk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

delicious water

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

we may have covered this before but what’s our take on zero calorie water flavors?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
watuary is as inclusive as possible and I’d rather see someone drink that than not do watuary..

so yeah, they’re OK and if that’s what you need then yeah all good :)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

for true watheads

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah my tap water is top notch, i chug it non stop.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah my tap water is top notch, i chug it non stop.

my tap water is good
my water tap is good
my water tap water is good
my tap water water tap water is good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

for true watheads

sinkwater is disgusting.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
your sink water might be disgusting. mine rules.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Everyone knows the best tasting water on earth comes from the downstairs bathroom.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaggar posted:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Shaggar posted:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

my sink water contains no chlorine and it tastes good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mine comes from one of the cleanest lakes in the country and requires no filtration so it tastes great

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sugar free red bull isa type of water.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
amazing tapwater crew checking in

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

post hole digger posted:

sugar free red bull isa type of water.

i wouldnt consider it drinkable, though

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rainwater crew checking in.

it’s all I got.

my favourite thing to do is watch the loving sparrows sit on the guttering, making GBS threads in my water supply.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i get my water by harvesting ice from passing comets

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i was definitely a rainwater kid growing up. had to let it rain for fifteen minutes to wash off the roof then run out and hit the bypass into the cistern

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

i get my water by harvesting ice from passing comets

there’s a d&d poster who was recently proposing with a straight face that china should mine ice from asteroids to solve their fresh water distribution problems

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

that was a fun level in mechwarrior 2: mercenaries

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

fart simpson posted:

there’s a d&d poster who was recently proposing with a straight face that china should mine ice from asteroids to solve their fresh water distribution problems

people who post about politics all day tend to not be very smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

there are several limestone springs around the farm but I can’t be bothered tapping those.

when I was a kid my dad blew one of them up with tnt or something and then just syphoned out the delicious water from the crater it created with about a 4km hose to our house and that was our water supply for 15 years. I learnt all my problem solving skills from my dad. when faced with an important problem, blow it up.