Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

cod being nominated for best esport game is a huge loving joke, too. Fun enough game apparently, but lol the pro-scene keeps releasing rulesets that have banned literally like half of the items/attachments/power ups in the game for being too game-breaking.

You start with a fun game and then figure out a ruleset to make it competitive, not the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bentai posted:

https://twitter.com/BanishedJourno/status/1467203514971529218
The whole Twitter thread has chat log shots and a confrontation video at his house.

Lots of comments saying it's someone who looks like him.
The poo poo people will say to dissociate their brands from crimes is depressing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Nah, you still can. Firing warning shots is one of the more irresponsible things you can do with a gun
yes but he was only endangering a drama youtuber

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Arzachel posted:

You start with a fun game and then figure out a ruleset to make it competitive, not the other way around.

that's a good point, though we're talking about the cdl which is basically the antithesis of an esport scene arising organically out of a fun game

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bentai posted:

https://twitter.com/BanishedJourno/status/1467203514971529218
The whole Twitter thread has chat log shots and a confrontation video at his house.

The source on this is a super dubious, right-wing gaming rag and I’d wait for others to corroborate.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Pirate Jet posted:

right-wing gaming rag
Well gently caress. Let me edit the original post.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah I’m not really big on attacking people for lovely “to catch a predator” vigilante squad bullshit regardless of who it is or who’s reporting on it. Just don’t dignify it in the first place

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

yes but he was only endangering a drama youtuber

The issue is more that he might have shot little T. T. when he was getting ready for school across the street.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
despite all of this there is someone who is actively inviting someone they believe to be a minor to their home for sex and even if that is not the person they claim it is, SOMEONE is still molesting children as evidenced in the grindr screenshots. That person remains a pedophile and the focus should be on whoever is in that selfie, regardless of whether or not it actually is george cacioppo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the beamoaning-lack-of-ps5-inventory thread is probably mad nobody told them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Arivia posted:

Yeah I’m not really big on attacking people for lovely “to catch a predator” vigilante squad bullshit regardless of who it is or who’s reporting on it. Just don’t dignify it in the first place

These things are probably usually just wannabe lynch mobs often targeting and actively grooming LGBT+ and/or mentally disabled people from all I've heard.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Guilty or not I'd be surprised if this channels approach amounts to anything other than Sony replacing George Cacioppo to save face. Within second the People vs Preds guy almost immediately goes from a bad faith "We can have a conversation or I can call the cops" ultimatum to screaming at the top his lungs out the front of his house. A quick glance at the Youtube channel suggests this is their 93rd predator in the three months the channel has existed, but only three of the videos titles seem to actually indicate an arrest of some kind.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Redezga posted:

Guilty or not I'd be surprised if this channels approach amounts to anything other than Sony replacing George Cacioppo to save face. Within second the People vs Preds guy almost immediately goes from a bad faith "We can have a conversation or I can call the cops" ultimatum to screaming at the top his lungs out the front of his house. A quick glance at the Youtube channel suggests this is their 93rd predator in the three months the channel has existed, but only three of the videos titles seem to actually indicate an arrest of some kind.

Unfortunately the other 90 predators belong to intelligence.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HonorableTB posted:

despite all of this there is someone who is actively inviting someone they believe to be a minor to their home for sex and even if that is not the person they claim it is, SOMEONE is still molesting children as evidenced in the grindr screenshots. That person remains a pedophile and the focus should be on whoever is in that selfie, regardless of whether or not it actually is george cacioppo

i think this is beyond the scope of this thread

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

The source on this is a super dubious, right-wing gaming rag and I’d wait for others to corroborate.

He’s been fired so it’s looking likely this was legitimate. https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/sony-vp-fired-after-appearing-in-pedophile-sting-video/

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
People like this can be anywhere, in any position, glad he got exposed and removed without question.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Doom Rooster posted:

I was at Blizzard CS through the BIG layoff. I was on my weekend the day it happened, so my meeting was scheduled for 2 days later. The rest of my team and I had to spend the weekend freaking out. In the end, I stayed, my best friend got dropped, my gf at the time also got dropped.

Even given that context, I still don’t get this angle. The whole “they made a bunch of money, so they’ll stop trying to optimize their workforce”. A big corp will always get rid of as many employees as they can while maintaining what they consider to be acceptable performance. Blizzactivision could have made a trillion in profit last quarter and nobody should be surprised if they do layoffs.

It’s hosed, but it’s how 99.99999% of public companies would operate, so the focus on it in situations like this always feels so manufactured to me. “In truly SHOCKING NEWS, public company in a capitalist economy acts like a public company in a capitalist economy.”

gently caress Actiblizzard. Do not give them money. Speak out against them. Promote labor organization everywhere(except maybe cops).
I've been at a big corporation, evil in other ways, that used record profits as an excuse to expand operations and hire more people to profit medium- and long-term. Making a bunch of employees move to WI then surprise firing them shouldn't be expected or normalized. It happens but it's not a sign of healthy or sustainable growth.

ABK gutting departments like IT and QA is them signaling internally that human capital is not what they think gives their products value vs marketable IP.

That really sucks though Doom Rooster and I hope you're somewhere that treats you better.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/betterthemask/status/1468747871453339650

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fuckin what

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Even my years of cynicism towards blizzard has not prepared me to process that. What the absolute gently caress

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Even my years of cynicism towards blizzard has not prepared me to process that. What the absolute gently caress

between this story and someone on a discord I'm on responding to that article with "yeah that's common enough in bad workplaces that it's a common recommendation to buy a dedicated breast milk cooler and keep it locked in your car", I just

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

what in the gently caress

Malah
May 18, 2015

:psyboom:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

between this story and someone on a discord I'm on responding to that article with "yeah that's common enough in bad workplaces that it's a common recommendation to buy a dedicated breast milk cooler and keep it locked in your car", I just

Jesus Christ

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

:dafuq:

So, if any of you perverts out there know, is the implication here that the breast milk was consumed by these presumably adult male burglar babies or was it used as a masturbatory aid?

Or perhaps both?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It was in the initial round of accusations that sparked this whole controversy that the breastfeeding rooms had no locks and male employees would frequently just walk in to watch. https://www.ign.com/articles/inside-activision-blizzards-week-of-reckoning

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

:allbuttons:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Splorange posted:

So, if any of you perverts out there know, is the implication here that the breast milk was consumed by these presumably adult male burglar babies or was it used as a masturbatory aid?

Or perhaps both?
definitely both

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Splorange posted:

Or perhaps both?

Money, most likely. It's a not-uncommon theft and there's a blackmarket for it with bodybuilders because of course.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
What kind of degenerate dude walks into a dedicated breastfeeding room and just sits there and stares? Like, what is the though process here :psyduck: I mean apart from severe mental disability, but I guess blizzard would not hire people like these, just point and laugh at them

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Rynoto posted:

Money, most likely. It's a not-uncommon theft and there's a blackmarket for it with bodybuilders because of course.

Ah yes, the true masters of science.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

There are many men who do not respect women as human beings, and I suppose the thought process is "no one is going to punish me for this" and it turns out, sadly, they are often right.

Also, there's no need to make asides about mental disability. That kind of comment is unnecessary.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

commando in tophat posted:

What kind of degenerate dude walks into a dedicated breastfeeding room and just sits there and stares? Like, what is the though process here :psyduck: I mean apart from severe mental disability, but I guess blizzard would not hire people like these, just point and laugh at them

If I remember right when this came up before, part of the problem was that the breastfeeding room was only "dedicated" in the sense that it was the one room you were supposed to breastfeed in, not in the sense that this was the sole purpose of the room. So if you were a degenerate dude, you had ready-made excuses like "Oh, I was just getting something from the fridge" to justify your behaviour rather than requiring you to be blasé enough to just walk in and stare without even pretending you were there for some other reason.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
I am grateful that every time I'm feeling a moment of weakness and think of resubbing on WoW (fully aware there's a hundred reasons why I shouldn't), something new and horrible emerges to snap me out of it. :stare:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

ah man, this brings back memories of goldshire rp.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Reveilled posted:

If I remember right when this came up before, part of the problem was that the breastfeeding room was only "dedicated" in the sense that it was the one room you were supposed to breastfeed in, not in the sense that this was the sole purpose of the room. So if you were a degenerate dude, you had ready-made excuses like "Oh, I was just getting something from the fridge" to justify your behaviour rather than requiring you to be blasé enough to just walk in and stare without even pretending you were there for some other reason.

So you're saying that they made the kitchen the breastfeeding room?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My wife and I recently had our first child. This breastmilk story has my blood boiling. Super disrespectful to women and these fuckers are literally stealing food from a baby.

Everyone who perpetrated and/or enabled this poo poo should be launched straight into the sun.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
America is a truly special hellworld for mothers when you pair this with the “breast is best!” propaganda peddled at every hospital. Not only do you get made to feel like poo poo for not feeding your kid breastmilk, you have to bear with awful pumping rooms, lovely equipment, and apparent wannabe bodybuilders stealing your poo poo.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Wildtortilla posted:

My wife and I recently had our first child. This breastmilk story has my blood boiling. Super disrespectful to women and these fuckers are literally stealing food from a baby.

Everyone who perpetrated and/or enabled this poo poo should be launched straight into the sun.

same here and i do not know what to do with this fury i am feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Digital Flower posted:

I am grateful that every time I'm feeling a moment of weakness and think of resubbing on WoW (fully aware there's a hundred reasons why I shouldn't), something new and horrible emerges to snap me out of it. :stare:

I'm not having urges to go back at the present but it's sure as poo poo killing any ideas that I might ever return, longterm