Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student

Let's Play Pixelmon Reforged

Q&A
What is this?
This is a minecraft mod that's a pretty big overhaul to minecraft to include Pokémon into the world of Minecraft. It's a pretty big mod that has LOADs of new content to Minecraft that it basically Minecraft into an even fusion of Minecraft and Pokémon.

How long will this LP be?
Until I catch 'em all. As long as I need to be til I feel I've shown off everything Pixelmon has to offer and I feel like I've got okay engagement. I'll see how long that is.

How much familiarity will I need with Minecraft, Pokémon and the Pixelmon mod?
I'll try to explain the mod stuff as I go, but Minecraft knowledge can be somewhat helpful but I'll try to keep you informed even if you aren't THAT familiar with Minecraft.

Any other mods?
Nope not even Just Enough Items or anything like that, I want this to be as Raw as possible.

What is your update schedule?
I'm gonna try for every other day, but no promises. Feel free to nag me on discord if it's been a while (I'm weso12#9499)

Table of Contents
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3

weso12 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

When you first start the game it looks pretty normal.

Pretty standard "minimize the chance of getting a Cease & Desist" which happened to an old version once. (Side note my cursor will be visible in some shots this should be fixed soon enough

When you first start, the game asks you to pick a Pokémon, you (by default) have the option of every gen 1 to gen 8 starter. Some of which have more pros and cons then the basic games, like if you evolve Charmander to Charizard, you can ride to have a flying mount.

So naturally I pick the starter without a meaningful advantage over any other and is probably the worst competitively.

Why? Because I like it.

Yes Pixelmon has it's own series of advancements and you get one right away by default.

And time for a newish feature of Pixelmon, quests. The very first quest you always get is to locate a Village, which considering they have expanded the purpose of Villages in this game that's more then fair.

One of the very first things we see when exploring is that they are Pokémon in the overworld. Let's just leave this Pidgey alone for now (in hindesight I should have fought it since I probably win but w/e)

Also ignore that wierd looking tiny tree on the left, I'll explain what those are later.

If you know anything about minecraft, you know the first material you need to grab is Wood, so I continue to tear down a tree with my bare hands.

Also just felt like noting that a Sapling from the tree feel off, not that important and we will get more saplings just FYI. (It can be used to grow more trees later)

Before I can continue chopping down trees and deforesting this beautiful forest. A spearow attacked me, forcing to bring out my Chikorita (No you can't attack Pokémon with your fist nor they can attack your player). I SHOULD probably run away since it knows a Super Effective move and it's one level higher then my Chikorita.

But I don't and it KOs my Chikorita. Now weirdly just because I'm out of Pokémon, I do not "Blackout" or anything, I just kind of get to wander round without a Pokémon and free from Pokémon attacks and stuff. So until I can get to a Pokémon Center this will be more "Minecraft" then "Pixelmon"

So I find some flat land to build my house (In hindsight I should probably wait till I find a Village and build my house there (not that you need a house in Pixelmon since they are no monsters aside from those who fit in your pocket), but I like having a place separate from everything sometimes)

And then craft some Wooden Planks, (because you get 4 pieces of Wooden Planks per Wood making it a more efficient build material)

And make a crafting table

And get started building my house.

Place the crafting table in my under construction house.

While collecting wood to build a base shelter I decided to pick up a Poppy, it has no use but to make Red Dye, but I like to (attempt to) get ALL the items at some point, so might as well get this out of the way now.

Next thing I do, is craft some sticks to make some necessary items to continue this construction project.

I then use those Sticks to make one of the most Core Items in minecraft, a wooden Pickaxe. It's used (if you aren't aware) to be able to mine stone and other mineable material, though it can't mine metals and isn't that durable.

I also make a Wooden Axe, which isn't quite as nesscary but it's useful to cut down wood (slightly faster). It's also not that durable.

I also make a Wooden Door, this isn't as usable in Pixelmon from a pratical sense (other Pokémon being slightly annoying to walk into your house), but it's nice to have for ascetic purposes.

I place the Spruce door at the entrance of my house.

Also since my house is elevated I make some Wooden Stairs so you can get up without having to jump.

And place them in front of my door.

I finally got around to finishing creating my house but it's obviously SUPER dark, so you can barely tell.

The next thing I do is craft two chests, place them side by side and...

And then I place currently unneeded items in the chest (and yes I do alphabetize the stuff in my chest, yes this will make organization a nightmare when I get more stuff.

So I make more sticks and make a wooden shovel, it's not strictly nesscary but it makes digging through dirt and gravel
a bit faster which is nice.

So I collect some mushrooms for completion sake (and put them in my chest of stuff I don't need right now)

And I do some digging and then some mining and pick up some cobblestone, which will be useful for crafting some key stuff.

And (while digging in the dark, sorry about the visibility), I found another type of Stone, it's Granite, and it's basically (especially in this version since Pixelmon is suck at 1.12) is pretty worthless and mainly serves to clog your inventory with something that might as well be stone but is used for less.

So I go back home and craft a Stone Pickaxe

And a Furnace.

This is probably a good time to admit that I use F3 to look at my location and coordination, and this point I wrote down my coordination for my house. Whether you considering this cheating is up to you

Also you can see my graphics set up, I don't care.

So I collect more wood and this time I turn only HALF of it to planks, the rest has a different purpose.

I use the planks as fuel to convert the Wood into something I'll go into that later.

Also this does provide (temporary) light in my house, so that's rather convenient

It provides me with Charcoal, something that can be used to make Torches and also acts as (more efficient then wooden planks) fuel. It's equivalent to another more popular minecraft material of "Coal" but since I don't have coal yet I figured I make some charcoal instead.

And I use some of the early charcoal to make torches.

I place two of the torches in my house

I do some mining and get some Diorite, another decorative stone.

My wooden shovel breaks from digging up dirt in the mines and I make a stone shovel to pick up the slack

I little shelter covering the mine for no reason other preventing me from falling in

Also say hi to Illumise incase you forgot I was playing the pixelmon, like I seemed to do.

But what's this I seem to mining a material not in regular MInecraft

That's right I got Sapphire, a new material for Pixelmon it doesn't have THAT much unique use but it's still nice to have.

I managed to find a much more familiar Ore in the mine as well.

That's right I found a small amount of Iron Ore, which actually has even MORE uses in Pixelmon.

And since I've made all the charcoal I need.

Time to smelt some Iron Ore

Also while underground I find some gravel, it's pretty worthless, but it can drop Flint, which is less worthless.

And even more Iron

Once my Iron Ingots are finished smelting I make the next obvious upgrade to my pickaxe:

An Iron Pickaxe.

Also at this point, I remember I should be showing off more features of the mod, so I check my one Pokémon's status screen.

Chikorita's level 5 (which is annoyingly low TBH for this mod), he's male, he comes with a Ribbon to indicate he's the starter.

Chikorita only starts with two moves and no STAB move (some starters do start with a STAB move but not gen 2 ones)

Also Chikorita has 69 happiness (nice) and one thing I should probably mention is that Pokémon in pixelmon have different sizes and this Chikorita happens to be small, which is below average (obviously) but not the smallest it can go. And he's bold (+Def/-Atk).

So one of the things Sapphire can be used for is making standard tools of Sapphire. Per the wiki, they are slightly more durable then Iron and inbetween Diamond and Iron in speed (I was not aware of this I thought they were equilvent to Iron every way)

Also I in order to not wander around aimlessly looking for a village I find out my seed and use an online map generator to find the closest Village

Which is right around there.

Also I found a Zekrom spawn (Pixelmon informs you if you're near a biome where a legendary/mythical spawned and you kind of see in this screen shot but I didn't pay much mind since I don't have any Poké Balls yet.

Also feel like pointing out that I saw a Berry tree, and you can right click these and collect their contents, but they disappear. (You can replant berries but it takes a while).

I collected several Berries along the way to the Village and I'm gonna save some time and not show them all.

Also it's finally time to discuss these trees, These are apricorn trees, from the Johto games, you collect the 7 different colors of apricorns as part of the process of crafting Poké balls. Poké balls are a bit of a pain to make but you can get a pretty productive process if you play long enough. So for now I collect this pink one even though Pink is kind of the worst color (I'll explain later)

(Also sorry about my F3 being up, I didn't have any footage of me collecting without it up)

(Also eagle eyed people might realize I was going backwards for a little while, I misread the coordinates for a little bit.)

I also found some White Apricorns on my way to the village (somewhat more useful)

While walking to the Village I got a message (ignore the screenshot notification I pressed that button on accident I use a different method for Screenshots), that my Chikorita revived. This is something that can happen randomly when walking a fainted Pokémon can revive with 1 HP and a hurt people can occasionally heal a single point of HP.

Also while digging out of a hole I found some andesite the last decorative stone.

And while finding my way to the village I found this, those who played sword and Shield might find this familiar.

For those bad at "who's that Pokémon", that's a Morelull. If you fight these, you get some pretty decent rewards and stuff, but since my Chikorita is only at 1 HP and level 5 I'm not gonna bother.

After a long walk I finally made it to the village

And apparently this lady loves Zubat a lot (this is meant to show that Villagers are replaced with Pokemon style NPCs

Also a reward for finding a Village you get a Red Bed (it can turn night into day when you sleep in it) and heals all Pokémon in your party, but can't be used in the Day, so there is a better healing item out there

I got a quest (after talking to that Pokéfan, to talk to Villager so here is what she has to say) IDK why everyone is obsessed with Zubat here, but I have to say considering all I have is a Level 5 Chikorita with 1 HP that actually sounds threatening.

Got two more quests, Harvesting a Red Apricorn and use a Healer (those things you find in Pokémon Centers)

So I go to the Pokémon Center and finally full heal my Chikorita by talking to Nurse Joy (Yes I am slightly annoyed by Nurse Joy since that's an anime thing not a video game thing, but this game also does anime style cries so I'm not gonna complain too much.)

Strangely this doesn't count as completing quest because I have to use the Healer not Nurse Joy.

In a chest in the Pokémon Center you get a bunch of healing Items (and a PP UP) for free to take. But as yo9u can tell I'm kind of full on inventory right now I leave it there.

But I use the Healer myself and get a reward for 3 additional Potions

(Also it says "Sneak for more info" but the description it gives when you press shift is "Heal 20 HP" is actually shorter then the base description of "Sneak for more info"

After you heal at a healer you get a quest to craft your own Healer. This isn't easy actually, you need 4 iron ingots, 1 diamond and 4 pieces of a material we haven't encountered yet.

Also there is a Poké Mart in town, but getting to this one is kind of wierd since it's covered by a hill.

But once you get inside you get to a familiar sight.

The first window (in this town) sells Cooking Ingredients, IDK exactly how these work since I haven't played Sword and Shield THAT much, but w/e.

The second window (in this town) sells Poké Balls of several varieties.

Along with a Full Heal and regional Full Heals of various varieties.

And Burn Heals for some reason

(Also I forgot about the vending machine but it sells Fresh Water, Lemonade, Soda Pop, and Coconut Water, about what you expect)

But we can't buy anything yet because don't have money.

You get money by selling Pokémon related items (you can't sell stuff like Dirt) or:

By fighting trainers, unfortunately the one trainer near by here is slightly too high of level for us.

Well that's about all the footage I have, thank you for reading!

FrenchBen
Nov 30, 2013

I somehow never thought that would be a thing, but of course it is. This brings many questions that I might have to play myself to answer, such as can you have a Charizard/Ender Dragon fight? Godspeed.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
This is very interesting to see as I remember the original controversy around Pixelmon and the then perhaps poorly timed Pokemon Quest from a years back.

I'll admit, the choice to use non-voxel graphics for the new models is... an interesting one.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

FrenchBen posted:

I somehow never thought that would be a thing, but of course it is. This brings many questions that I might have to play myself to answer, such as can you have a Charizard/Ender Dragon fight? Godspeed.
Well unfortunately by default, all Mobs (Including the Ender Dragon) are removed by default and that Pokémon don't fight mobs even if you turn them on, only other Pokémon in traditional Pokémon fights.

HOWEVER...

You can config mobs on and Pokémon do have overworld abilities based on their current moves, and Charizard can do an AoE fire attack if it knows some thing like FIre Blast or Flamethrower. (Also Even if he can't fight the ender dragon proper, Charizard can be a flying mount and I believe you can fire bows and arrows off a mount)

Odd Wilson posted:

This is very interesting to see as I remember the original controversy around Pixelmon and the then perhaps poorly timed Pokemon Quest from a years back.

I'll admit, the choice to use non-voxel graphics for the new models is... an interesting one.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest, it kind of clashes with Minecraft default stuff, it creates a very clear divide between "This comes from Pixelmon" and "This is vanilla Minecraft" (right down to the one item that you find a different version in both Minecraft and Pixelmon). But you get use to it over time in my experience. (It was even worse in older versions when some Pokémon were Voxel and some Pokémon were not).

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
I binged a ton of this mod recently; it's a really cool mod with a lot of work that I personally found dreadful to play singleplayer. I'd love to get a group together, but it's a bit of a tough sell.

Agreed on the models looking pretty not-good. Specifically because they animate like what Turok thought Quake looked like.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Faillen Angel posted:

I binged a ton of this mod recently; it's a really cool mod with a lot of work that I personally found dreadful to play singleplayer. I'd love to get a group together, but it's a bit of a tough sell.

Agreed on the models looking pretty not-good. Specifically because they animate like what Turok thought Quake looked like.

I find it pretty fun solo myself, but keep in mind I'm a wierdo who likes strange things. It does take a while to get going seriously though, the early game of Pixelmon is very much puts you as a small fish in a VERY big pond and takes a while till you can defeat most wild Pokémon or even catch stuff

Speaking as a side note, they are some mechanics of this mod that require multiplayer but considering if I want to play multiplayer in this save file online, I'd have to create my own server, I probably won't be covering those, unless I can get a friend to play with me or something on this forum. This does mean some Pokémon are unobtainable (I found at least one trade evolution that REQUIRES evolution and can't be caught any other way) but I never have any intention for this LP to last as long as to catch em all.

Also update coming shortly it's being written right now.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update #2

So I was full on items but I used two tricks to give my self more space, first off the standard "put something in your offhand" gives me one slot. But you can also give your Pokémon a held item to free up same. This only works with items that have a purpose as held items, and you give a Pokémon one copy of the item (no stacking items on Pokémon), but it's still useful is some circumstances even if that item isn't helpful in battle for that Pokémon (You CAN give type damaging reducing berries to Pokémon can't make use of etc.)

Speaking of stuff I need space for, I picked up a Green Apricorn, 3/7 Apricorn types gotten.

So that portal is an Ultra Worm Hole, don't worry about those til you have Pokémon that can fly you around, because it's hard to go inside of them otherwise.

Blue Apricorn found, 4 out of 7 in progress, though I have a quest spefically to find a Red one which would be nice to find soon.

So I find a Blipbug, and I, having not played sword and shield in a while thought it this would be an appropriate fight for my Chikorita. "It's an early game bug Pokémon, surely all it knows it knows is Tackle and String Shot, plus it's level 3 so it should be easy to take down.

Turns out Blipbug knows Struggle Bug, which is super effective on my Chikorita and that's kind of annoying.

Yeah my Chikorita fainted again.

And my place the free bed I got into my house.

And go to sleep to heal my Chikorita.

Now I craft an Anvil. Savvy Minecraft players might realize that that isn't the Minecraft anvil recipe nor is the Minecraft anvil sprite. That's because Pixelmon has a seperate anvil used for Pixelmon stuff rather the Minecraft anvil (the regular Minecraft Anvil is still craftable don't worry). I assume the pixelmon anvil came first and now is kind of stuck with it, but it's still a bizarre choice.

Here's what it looks like when you place it. I can't tell if it qualified as voxel or not.

So I planted my Apricorns right next to my house. Their just dots in the ground right now but they will rather quickly become Apricorns trees (Apricorns unlike Berries grow rather QUICKLY)

My ultimate goal is to plant four of each color and that should substain my needs for them. I'll go into what my needs are for them later.

Yeah my Chikorita lost to a Shwovet, these losses are getting embarrassing

Time for a weird quirk I've been experience and I legit don't know if it's just me, because I can't find anyone else experiencing this on discord server but no one's responded my question about it in the server. But basically right now it seems like the way the mod works is that they are two chances to run away if the first one fails you seem to get a second chance when your turn happens.

Yellow Apricorn found, that's 5 out of 7.

And Black Apricorns as well, (thought it's kind of hard to tell), literially all the colors except Red, the one I need for the quest.

Because eventually i won't be able to reach the apricorns in the middle without jumping i made a stair case for them to make things easier

Accidentally picked a second poppy and turned into rose red dye just to get it out of the way. I like collecting as many unique items as possible

FINALLY a red apricorn

I harvest it to complete that quest

New quest, to craft a Poké Ball.

I finally run into a Pokémon I can beat, because it can't do anything but harden.

I get an advancement of "Only took me four tries *Fist pump*" which is funny because it actually took me four times, this is just the generic message you always get for winning your first wild Pokémon Battle.

Chikorita advances to level 6.

And we get some loot, basically whenever you defeat (not capture) a wild Pokémon it will drop some stuff in this case some string and spider's eye, this replaces normal Minecraft spawn drops, since regular Minecraft Mobs aren't in this mod unless you turn it on.

So my character was low on hunger so I decided to craft some bowls to make some mushroom stew, yes this requires both types of Mushrooms even though they have the same name

So I decide to put some of the apricorns I've been harvesting into the furnace to make some "Cooked Apricorns" which are needed for the next step of making Poké balls

So I made some Green Cooked Apricorns and now working on Blue, unfortunately, Green and Blue don't make anything together.

And I smelt some Pink Apricorns and smelt some Cobblestone into Stone (believe me this is necessary for what I'm doing)

So one thing I decided to show off is that you can let Pokémon out of their balls AND just wander around, one of the interesting things you can do is forage. (Also the Chosen One is just an indicator that the Pokémon is your starter)

Forage can get you some items but unfortunately Chikorita didn't find anything and there is a cooldown.

I then craft some Buttons believe or not this is necessary for something.

So I use 3 Iron Ingots to make 5 copies a new item, Iron Discs. They have a purpose I will explain soon enough.

I make a new type of tool in Pixelmon, Hammers. They can break through Stone, but that's not their main purpose. (Also Wood Hammers and Stone Hammers exist but trust me you don't want to use them)

And with two Cooked Blue Apricorn and one Cooked pink Apricorn you can make Dive Ball Disks (believe it or not this probably the best use of Pink Apricorn, the other two balls you can make with Pink Apricorns are garbage).

So convert to the Discs into something you craft, you place the Disc on the anvil and use the hammer on it to convert into a lid

And do the same thing with the Iron Disc into an Iron Lid

And with those things combined you can create 3 Dive Ball!

And I fight a Roggenrola and caught it.

It has a held item, an everstone, I make sure to take it off of Roggenrola so it can evolve eventually

And I FINALLY got Coal.

And find Crystal, which is similiar to Sapphire though I think I have a few more uses.

And find some redstone which can make some advance stuff that I don't understand.

And found some Silicon Ore, it's mostly worthless but it has some uses.

While mining I found some lava and notice that red crack stone.

It's a Fire Stone Shard, get 9 of these and make a fire stone.

Side Note: it seems the deeper you go the higher level the random Pokémon are, this Geodude is absurdly level.

Also I struck Gold, it's not useful for tools or armor but it has other purposes.

Also I struck a little bit of Diamond, so I'm closer to crafting a healer.

Also Level 100 Sableye.

Crafting a Stone Axe to collect some wood.

Then I catch a Yungoos

And a Skwovet.

Since my Chest was getting full, I made some more chests.

I place it my house.

I notice my house is getting crapped so I craft a Ladder to add an upstairs

Then I finally remember to continue my Poké Ball quest by making a Poké Ball disc.

Anvil it.

Crafting a Pokeball.

I got 5 iron Ore as a reward from the quest, neato!

In the middle of that I finished the upstairs area.

Also I just remembered that I should probably show off the Pokédex. It's pretty standard but yes this DOES have all the Pokémon in it.

Showing off pokédex entries, YES the spacing is bad.

And includes spawn data.

And shows off alternate forms

And here are the rest of my Pokédex entries if you were curious

I have some cooked Pink Apricorns in the works so I made Love Ball Discs, I never got aoround to making a Poké Ball. of them.

I ran into and caught a pachirisu.

I fight another Yungoos and defeat it.

The only thing I got was Rotten Flesh which isn't that useful. It fills hunger but it has a chance to poison you which is counter production.

I craft Great Ball Lids because...

There is a quest to craft Great Balls.

And I have to catch a fire-type Pokémon but I should do that naturally,.

Craft a great Ball and...

Got Bauxite Ore, is something needed to get...

Aluminum Ingot, which can be used to basically do the same things as Iron but slightly worse (You can create 3 aluminum ingot and make 3 aluminum bases which do the same thing as an iron bas) but has a unique function in another way. That we will get too shortly

Reshiram spawned in this Biome again.

And I didn't notice it at the time but it was Barely Visible in my recording. This screenshot also is a good look at my Apricorn farm almost fully grown.

Craft an ultra Ball lid because guess what?

A quest for crafting an ultra ball.

I do it pretty quickly. (there was no reward as far as I can tell)

Now's a quest to get a Master Ball, but it's a random drop not craftable.

If you place an aluminum INGOT (not disc) on an anvil to can use a hammer to smash it down.

And got 3 Aluminum Plates which is the last ingredient needed for a Healer, so we are just one short of that, so I need to mine it up.

And here are two more recipes that require Aluminum plates. A fossil cleaner (you can find random fossils while digging and this cleans them to revive them. And a PC which is for Pokemon Storage.

And here is my chests, just showing off they are alphabetized and "overflow" are put on the bottom, This took WAY too much effort to be completely ignored.

Also to show off the rest of my team:

Roggenrola as Weak Armor as an ability (I didn't even know that was a regular ability it had til I checked)

Also it has a Cloud Watcher Ribbon and IDK why.

Roggenrola also a Naughty Nature (+Atk/-SpD) and is Huge

Yungoos (like my Chikorita) has a Bold Nature and is a Runt in size.

Shwovet has a Careful nature (+SpD/-SpA) and is small

And Pachirisu is Timid (+Spe/-Atk) and is of Ordinary Size.

That ends the update.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

weso12 posted:

It does take a while to get going seriously though, the early game of Pixelmon is very much puts you as a small fish in a VERY big pond and takes a while till you can defeat most wild Pokémon or even catch stuff

Speaking as a side note, they are some mechanics of this mod that require multiplayer but considering if I want to play multiplayer in this save file online, I'd have to create my own server, I probably won't be covering those, unless I can get a friend to play with me or something on this forum. This does mean some Pokémon are unobtainable (I found at least one trade evolution that REQUIRES evolution and can't be caught any other way) but I never have any intention for this LP to last as long as to catch em all.

You weren't kidding about how much setup work there is in this. So much to do just to even have early combat be possible.

I could be talked into helping show off some multiplayer stuff, although I haven't played Minecraft or Pokemon in years, or even much of Pixelmon to begin with. I've got other stuff I'm busy with, but it could be fun to do.

I think I may still have the old Pixelmon files around somewhere as well, if they're of any interest to show off.

weso12 posted:

Also Level 100 Sableye.

I don't know how the capture rates were brought over into this mod, but I feel like I would just keep making and throwing pokeballs at this until I caught it. That, or a Master Ball if it ever dropped. Max level, ghost type, False Swipe user?

:getin:

Level 40+ Geodude seems like it could do wonders for the early game as well. Swap training with it wouldn't be half bad.

None of these actions remotely respect the game's balance, but then again, neither is getting destroyed by Spearows way above your level.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

I don't know how the capture rates were brought over into this mod, but I feel like I would just keep making and throwing pokeballs at this until I caught it. That, or a Master Ball if it ever dropped. Max level, ghost type, False Swipe user?

:getin:

Level 40+ Geodude seems like it could do wonders for the early game as well. Swap training with it wouldn't be half bad.

None of these actions remotely respect the game's balance, but then again, neither is getting destroyed by Spearows way above your level.

That's actually a good idea that I've done an old safe file that didn't occur to me here. I once threw a Poké ball at an Xeneras in another save file and I caught it, when the highest thing I had was like a Level 10 Pokémon and now I had a Level 70 Uber Legendary. That was fun.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, I found a level like, 80 Lunatone, and it became my workhorse. Unfortunately its only offensive moves were Stone Edge and Rock Throw when it's a special attacker, but what'cha gonna do?

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update #3
Sorry for the delay here, but here it is, also this will be slightly shorter then the first two, been slightly busy.

Following the idea from the topic earlier, I planned to go deep into my mines, and throw a yolo ball on some high level Pokémon. I have a great ball and an ultra ball on me so maybe even two (I wouldn't be able to access the second one until I get access to a PC though)

Then I run into a wild level 36 Geodude that's aggressive towards me and I decide "Good Enough" (and yes Fighting inside narrow Mines can expose hidden caves it's kind of a problem.

It broke free from my Ultra Ball but Geodude decided to use a status move so I throw my great ball...

And I caught the Geodude in that Great Ball. Now the amount of Pokémon I can beat in a fight has wildly expanded (still not universal though)

I move the Geodude into the front of the party and check out it's stats and stuff.

It's move set ain't amazing but I can work with Magnitude

And a neutral nature, I can work with that.

So I got mining some more and I find a cavern and I decide to dig down to the bottom and explore

When I was heading back upward to craft a new pickaxe (my current one broke) and I ran into an Excadrill (which would have been a better catch TBH) but I decide to fight the Excadrill with my Geodude.

And found a Bauxite Ore for defeating him, which if you remember from last update: Bauxite Ore turns an Aluminum Ingot which I can turn into the last Aluminum plate I need to craft a Healer.

I do just that.

Craft a Healer,

Get a Cherish Ball for my troubles, in this game they act just like Poké Balls but are a rare drop (not event only like in actual Pokémon, though you can't craft them)

I place my Healer in my house and my life is about to become a LOT easier because I don't need to wait till night or walk to that semi-far away village to Heal.

Also be careful were you place a healer, but if you destroy it (even with the Silk Touch enhancement apparently) all you get is a single Aluminum plate.

So back to the mine.

Found some gold

Found some Amethyst, which is another new Pixelmon gem, it acts very similiar to the other ones, some this one is used for a recipe I will show off later in this update.

I fight another Geodude and apparently Catch Combos are a thing in Pixelmon, didn't know that! But not wasting my Cherish Ball on a Pokémon I already have.

But I defeat the Geodude and get Gravel (useless) and Flint (not the most useful but I'll take it)

I find more Sapphire.

A Zubat attacks me but it's Immune to my most powerful move, whatever will I do?

Yeah tackle kills the Zubat in one hit, and it drops Spider Eyes

BTW I will not be showing off every wild battle this LP only if one of four conditions are meet:

1. It's a Pokémon I haven't fought before and as such haven't shown off it's drops.
2. I get an interesting drop of an Item we haven't seen before'
3. I catch the Pokémon
4. Something interesting happens as a result of the battle (a Pokémon evolves or a funny moment)

Also for a reason I cannot justify I found a random rear end Lemonade after defeating the Zubat (reviewing the footage did not help explain this)

I fight a Whisper...

It drops Gunpowder, yeah this is kind where you gunpowder instead of Creepers

Find more Redstone

And Lapis Lazuli which is a default minecraft blue dye.

I craft a Bucket, because I decide to finally bite the bullet and show off a mechanic that's kind of annoying

So while gathering water, I get jumped by a low level Seedot.

I defeat the Seedot and it drops two new items, one kind of boring (Oak Leaves), and one super interesting a Yago Berry:

Yago Berries unless your a bigger Pokémon nerd then I am (and trust me I'm a pretty big Pokémon nerd) will be unfamiliar to you. It was a one of the berries specifically added with the Japan-exclusive e-Reader card in Ruby and Sapphire. And was quickly forgotten about by Nintendo and everyone else after Ruby and Sapphire(to the point transferring them to Gen 4 via held items would replace them with Enigma berries).

As for the Yago Berry in Pixelmon, it's a Held Item that cures Burn, making it a worse Rawst Berry. Why worse? I'll explain later.

I run into a Togedemaru again but this time I have a Ground type with a higher level then it and a decent (if unreliable) ground type move.

And got 3 Aluminum plate for my troubles, not Bauxite Ore just Aluminum Plate directly, which saves some time.

In boring news I fight a Morelull and get

You guessed it Mushrooms, not a thrilling drop, but it's useful for Mushroom Stew I guess.

I finally managed to my little Strip of Water close to my house ready.

I remember I should probably craft a Wooden Hoe. (I'm not going beyond Wooden for Hoes unless I happen to acquire the other ones)

And I craft a Second Furnace, not for a recipe that requires a furnace (in which Pixelmon adds some), just to more efficiently melt Ores and stuff if needed.

And use the wooden hoe to start Farming

But not Food (which I should probably do later), instead I'm planting Berries.

Berries as I mentioned take a WHILE to grow, how long well people frequently report a "bug" where they claim their Berries aren't growing, it's THAT long. (I think it's literally hours per the Wiki per Stage, and by default it's only play time)

Also you CAN plpant berries without a field, but planting them in a watered field will increase their Yield.

I tried to plant my Yago Berry and the game wouldn't let me, from I can tell Yago Berries can't be farmed (I imagine the ability to do so might be added in the future) which is why I say they are worse then Rawst Berries.

Also I just feel like showing this off, berries have Spicy, Sweet, Sour, Bitter and Dryness ratings, and I was gonna say IDK if those do anything right now, but I checked the wiki and they DO do something, (and it involves those food items for sale in Poké Mart)

I see a level 18 Grubbin that looks unusually big for a Grubbin so I'm curious how big it actually is.

I use my weaker Pokémon to weaken it.

And I catch it with my Cherish Ball after managing it weaken it enough.

In random side news, I defeated a Teddiursa and got some Raw Fish for my trouble.

I craft a Furnace, this time to show off, a new Pixelmon item.

But before I do that I need to gather Sand which I haven't gotten any yet weirdly

So I go to the nearby river and find a patch of it and pick it all up.

And put it in the furnace to start creating glass

And create Glass Bottles but not for their usual purpose...

Use 4 Aluminum plates I had, to create a new Pixelmon Item, an Infuser

The Infuser is... not very useful overall but not entirely worthless. It can craft Vitamins, but requires rare material to do so. It can craft type gems, but requires a Crystal BLOCK (9 Crystals) to create just one, and it can also craft Incenses but you won't exactly need a huge amount of those but I will attempt to show that off when I can. it can also craft 1 more item as an almost Easter Egg but it's not entirely worthless of an item though. Oh and all these items require berries and berries take a while to grow.

BTW I put it upstairs because I liked won't need to access it much.

I defeated another Togedemaru, and I won't normally mention that... except for the fact it dropped Glowstone which will be useful in crafting a PC eventually.

I decide to look what I can craft with the two Aluminum Plates I did have, and found that I had the recourses needed for an Item Finder which I figured would be fun to show off.

Well I would say that if the item finder was a particularly useful item... it only notifies of the closest item within 32 blocks which is not a huge range. And only of items which are considered "Hidden" which isn't actually that hard to notice (the regular Poké Chests are about as difficult to notice IMHO)

Also the Greedent is "Boss Pokémon" a Pokémon when you fight them, you can't catch them but they will always be a certain number of Levels higher then your highest level Pokémon in your party (yes even if you Pokémon is Level 100, they can go beyond level 100) but they will drop a Pokémon related item when defeated, some of which are hard to get.

I try defeating it and get my rear end whooped so I run away

I do defeat a Pachirisu and get Rabbit Hide (which is if you get 4 you can turn into Leather) and Shuca Berries.

And my Geodude starts evolving.

And becomes a Graveler, unfornately I don't have a trade Machine in Pixelmon yet nor do I have anyone to trade with right now, so I can't evolve it yet.

I test out the Item Finder some more and get a Hit and I figured I might as well get something.

And see some sparkling on the floor.

And it was a rather disappointing item, a Lansat Berry (which can be found on Berry Trees).

Also sorry about the weird graphical glitch IDK what caused that.

I fight a Sawsbuck...

Get loads of Raw Beef, Carrots and Leather (Leather isn't that useful in this mod but w/e)

And that ends the footage I have

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

weso12 posted:

I place my Healer in my house and my life is about to become a LOT easier because I don't need to wait till night or walk to that semi-far away village to Heal.

Also be careful were you place a healer, but if you destroy it (even with the Silk Touch enhancement apparently) all you get is a single Aluminum plate.

I mean that's fair, if it didn't I'd just carry the thing around with me and just use it whenever.

I see some of these pokemon names and I'm just "what even is that" because I'm so out of the loop on the games these days. I still think I'll give this mod a shot when I find the time.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Nice to see this getting shown off. I was always interested in Pixelmon, but my laptop can't even run vanilla Minecraft, and I don't particularly feel like going to look for the least annoying Minecraft youtuber...

I wonder if the Fossil Cleaner is supposed to be a reference to Fossil Fighters, another Pokemon-esque series where you dig up fossil rocks and have to clean the fossils inside in order to revive dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals as superpowered 'vivosaurs'. That's where my mind went when I saw the name, at least.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Open world survival / crafting game with Pokemon is a pretty neat idea.

It worked for Zelda.

How many Pokemon are there in this mod?

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

I mean that's fair, if it didn't I'd just carry the thing around with me and just use it whenever.

I see some of these pokemon names and I'm just "what even is that" because I'm so out of the loop on the games these days. I still think I'll give this mod a shot when I find the time.

I legit didn't think of that theoretical Healer loophole if you could transfer it till you brought it up, so I guess it being immune to silk touch makes sense.

As for you second point, I'll try to give closer looks at the Pokémon I fight, but sometimes that isn't possible even with me recording all my footage because sometimes a Pokémon sneaks up on me, in this case would it be benefical fo

serefin99 posted:

I wonder if the Fossil Cleaner is supposed to be a reference to Fossil Fighters, another Pokemon-esque series where you dig up fossil rocks and have to clean the fossils inside in order to revive dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals as superpowered 'vivosaurs'. That's where my mind went when I saw the name, at least.

I guess it's possible, but they aren't a lot of non-Pokémon references I can think of in the mod, though their could be some I don't get obviously.

WaltherFeng posted:

Open world survival / crafting game with Pokemon is a pretty neat idea.

It worked for Zelda.

How many Pokemon are there in this mod?

I mean Pokémon Legends Arceus might be like that as well so that would be nice. (Though I have some reservations about that game)

As for how many Pokémon this mod, believe or not based on reading the Wiki as far as I can tell it has ALL the Pokémon, some Legendries/Mythical/Ultra Beasts might not be incorporated yet into single player (though all of them might be I haven't individually checked) but they all have models and stuff. Though I know for a fact (by checking the wiki) without playing multi-player some trade evolutions aren't obtainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

weso12 posted:

As for you second point, I'll try to give closer looks at the Pokémon I fight, but sometimes that isn't possible even with me recording all my footage because sometimes a Pokémon sneaks up on me

Yeah, I get that, I always end up running into things in my recordings that are kinda out of my control.

You don't really have to go too in depth on them or anything if you've got other stuff to show, I can always just hit up Serebii.net if need to.

serefin99 posted:

I don't particularly feel like going to look for the least annoying Minecraft youtuber...

"high energy gaming" and/or scratchy, unbalanced mics ahoy