Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Jose posted:

lol at the zoom in on ohma's arse this chapter

It's all about the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That sure was a tournament arc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Use Demonbane already

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Use Demonbane already

The greatest hidden secret in the Kure familly, passed down for millenia , taught only to family heads.
Ankle Kick

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hypocrisy posted:

That sure was a tournament arc.

looking forward to another koga training arc now

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Welp. I just hope that whatever comes next will be better.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

makes sense, i play street fighter, you gotta hit confirm into a super

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm very curious where the story goes from here. If they focus back on Koga there's gotta be a timeskip for him to catch up with the other fighters.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It continues to be a strange feeling that Tokita Ohma is easily the least interesting combatant in Omega for me.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I still maintain that his revival in Omega was a big mistake and, in hindsight, it marks the beginning of it's (hopefully temporary) decline in quality.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, now to see how hard Raian got bodied and maybe somebody getting devil speared, right? Kind of a whole thing going on out there? Koga's uncle biting people? Maybe Tereshi trying to kill Banner?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zodack posted:

It continues to be a strange feeling that Tokita Ohma is easily the least interesting combatant in Omega for me.

Okubo's fight was the low point for me personally.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

One of the better fights of the tourney. Ohma is still cool.

Kinda lackluster for a final match though.

E:Kinda hosed up that in like 13 matches I think this was the first one that had Koga actually comment on stuff and like keep up. Feels like that shoulda been a bigger part of this arc.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 2, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I liked it, for showing that Ohma is like actually fighting in a sustainable way now and not a supermode maniac like Fei

The structure of the tournament was cool in theory but i do agree that in practice there are characters that needed that Kuroki buildup. Rolon needed to dismantle some more people

I think it's important to turn your brain onto Action Movie Mode for Kengan. It's very stupid on a fundamental level, which is a good thing in my book

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
imo the worst fight was rihito, because after all that buildup about how much he had improved he basically fought and lost the exact same way as before.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You say that but I feel like Rihito was having more success going back to the old him in that fight.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Patware posted:

The structure of the tournament was cool in theory but i do agree that in practice there are characters that needed that Kuroki buildup. Rolon needed to dismantle some more people

In retrospect that hype bit at the end of murder cop vs Nicholas where Rolon storms the ring and Carlos is freaking out about stopping him from going any further like he's afraid Rolon is going to just go full on blood in the water or something was kinda weird? Like he's a really dedicated fight mans and worm hunter :lol: but he doesn't seem to be a berserker or anything.

He never even made a silly face.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Caidin posted:

In retrospect that hype bit at the end of murder cop vs Nicholas where Rolon storms the ring and Carlos is freaking out about stopping him from going any further like he's afraid Rolon is going to just go full on blood in the water or something was kinda weird? Like he's a really dedicated fight mans and worm hunter :lol: but he doesn't seem to be a berserker or anything.

He never even made a silly face.

Well why do you think Rolon lost? He used up all his flashbacks at the very beginning of the fight and never made a silly rear end face.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

Okay, now to see how hard Raian got bodied and maybe somebody getting devil speared, right? Kind of a whole thing going on out there? Koga's uncle biting people? Maybe Tereshi trying to kill Banner?

I forgot how obsessed he was with biting as a finishing move. Itagaki has clearly been taking notes for baki

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
Biggest disappointment for me is that they made that big deal about how little techniques like pushing your opponent's knee out end up making the difference in extremely high-level matches back in Ashura and then never revisited that principle

Like if Ohma had thrown Rolon's knockout blow off with that exact move, that would have been hype as poo poo, but busting out a Kure technique doesn't have the same impact

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was just a low kick with excellent timing. it didn't really need to be some special move, kure or otherwise.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chaos Triangle posted:

Biggest disappointment for me is that they made that big deal about how little techniques like pushing your opponent's knee out end up making the difference in extremely high-level matches back in Ashura and then never revisited that principle

Like if Ohma had thrown Rolon's knockout blow off with that exact move, that would have been hype as poo poo, but busting out a Kure technique doesn't have the same impact

I think you just accidentally described what the Kure secret technique was.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh poo poo Ryuki is going to get brainwashed isn't he

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also it's cool that they are returning to the shrewd corporate business elements of the manga.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Oh poo poo Ryuki is going to get brainwashed isn't he

Isn't he already brainwashed?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, now he's brainwashed by setsuna so his goal has probably changed to banging the hell out of ohma.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, now he's brainwashed by setsuna so his goal has probably changed to banging the hell out of ohma.

Ah yes the good old. MY OWN CLONE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Ah yes the good old. MY OWN CLONE

No, Yabako, don't go down the 2014 Spider-Man path!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Also it's cool that they are returning to the shrewd corporate business elements of the manga.

Yeah, but the whole situation with Rama feels like they just made it up (and probably did) because I don't remember anything about Nogi trying to secure a deal with him prior to this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Omake and extras for Vol 11

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Man I would rather see Seki and Haruo's tag match than a lot of tournament fights

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Why does Jurota have a photo of Meguro's rear end paired with kid Meguro photos on his wall? :stare:

Catpetter1981 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 10, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, i want to see that match more than anything from this dumb tournament arc.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Haruo is incredibly rotund, absolute lad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

drat this chapter owns and kureishi owns

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/kGV1Yo/chapter-139/

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I like kengan again

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
5 halves?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

yum posted:

I like kengan again

And here I thought Kingdom Hearts 3 had a long prologue. They've got nothing on Kengan Omega

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
all of this is setup for the final part of the trilogy: kengan ligma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

yum posted:

all of this is setup for the final part of the trilogy: kengan ligma