Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Hey gang! Welcome to The Grimdarkening of the Old World OOC/Recruit/Meta Thread! The IC thread can be found here by clicking this, a mystic portal to the Old World.

The rules for this thread are virtually the same as in the IC thread, but here they are for posterity:

DA RULES
1. This game will be using the setting of famously unprofitable Games Workshop IP Warhammer Fantasy, based off the Starter Kit of the 4th Edition. The ruleset used will be grimDARK: A Fistful of Ashcan Edition, the stable beta edition of the upcoming grimDARK: The Grimdarkening.
1b. Guided character creation will take place in the OOC thread and will involve usage of material from [REDACTED], supervised by me, the GM.

2. This is the OOC thread. We will be doing character creation, game options, and just general meta and setup work here. The IC Thread can be found over here

3. This game will take a sort of laissez-faire approach to Warhammer lore and will likely very quickly deviate from lore. I like settings that are more livable and less openly-hateful than WFRP, so while there will be a lot of the familiar elements (and antipathies), there will be no “kill on sight” character types, factions (or even species) who are wholly defined by their worst actions, or anything that delves too deep into childish grimdark or staunchly black-and-white morality (so if you see some night goblins, they more than likely won't try to kill on sight). Lore-policing and arguing will not be welcomed except in extremely egregious cases, such as those that might make a player feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

4. All participants will be given a free PDF copy of grimDARK: A Fistful of Ashcan edition, and will be gifted a signed copy by the author if the campaign successfully continues with active participation into February 2022 (my birthday month, I'm always feeling generous then).

5. Bigotry, hate, fascism, and other things that weird and awful people enjoy will NOT be tolerated. Arguing with this rule will not be tolerated either.
5b. I know bigotry, hate, fascism, etc. are very common in Warhams. Please keep your PC as free from those things as possible – you're supposed to be the setting's exceptions, not its awful, awful rules. No slurs, edgy content, completely unjustifiable lovely behavior beyond the scope of the game, you know the deal. Don't be a poo poo.

Alright them's the rules. Sign up and let's play some GAEMZ baybee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I might be interested - the tone of the game sounds neat and I always like checking out other systems. Is it all right if I have pretty much no idea about the lore of Warhammer though?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I'm down for a play by post game.

I'm more familiar with Bloodbowl than Warhammer Fantasy, but I think I know enough of the lore to hang. I know nothing about the grimdark ashcan system though.

What's first?

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Heliotrope posted:

Is it all right if I have pretty much no idea about the lore of Warhammer though?

Absolutely! I'm gonna provide some system-neutral material from the WFRP4e starter set to teach about the setting, the specific region, etc.

Mykkel posted:

I'm down for a play by post game.

I'm more familiar with Bloodbowl than Warhammer Fantasy, but I think I know enough of the lore to hang. I know nothing about the grimdark ashcan system though.

What's first?

Right, so at their absolute simplest form, a grimDARK character is:

Their Name (self-evident)
Their Nobody Profession (the first of three professions and the absolutely least notable - think your typical WFRP career like Ratcatcher, Anarchist, Prostitute, etc.)
Their People (their species as well as the region of their birth, can be specific like "Ubersreik Imperial Human" or "Karak Azul Dwarf", more general like "Norscan Human" or "Tilean Elf", or even something weird like Bloodfang Night Goblin or Ex-Clan Skaven)
Their Flesh score of 1
Their Corruption score of 1

And that's it!

We can also do more crunchy, adding in things like talents and equipment, which I'm fine with and can give you a selection based on your choices of Profession and People. If we don't include those, the game is super simple - the character stats above are all you need.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I'm interested.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Talthan
Weasel Hunter
Athelorn Wood Elf
Flesh: 1
Corruption: 1

Talents:
Eyes On The Backa Yer Head: You have a keen sense of situational awareness that’s usually sufficient to keep vultures from eating your organs when you sleep. You may reroll all the dice in your pool while observing, sensing, or detecting things, as well as when moving silently or hiding. However, you MUST accept the new result, even if it is worse.

Gon’ Lose ‘Em What Good Out Here Yessiree: Spending time among the filth and squalor of the open roads has left you with a keen sense of where to hide. When trying to lose a pursuer in a rural environment, you may count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.

Possessions: Sack of filthy weasel pelts. Cool-looking longbow and dagger. Clothes for any weather, even the really nasty stuff. Dog whistle. [A signature item].

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 15, 2021

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Name: Gary Gnawtoof
Profession: Scavenger
People: Trash Goblin of the Reekland (Reikland)
Flesh score: 1
Corruption score: 1

In the old world, everyone fears the eventual emergence of a Waaagh, when green skinned monsters will flood into the lands of civilization to loot and burn everything in it's path. The great orcs are accompanied by behemoth giants, monstrous trolls, savage spiders and ferocious squigs. Amongst these hordes of death-bringing beasts are the smaller and somewhat smarter cousins of the orcs, the pathetic goblin. These poor savage creatures are approximately the size and strength of a ten year old human child, relying on sheer numbers and cowardice to avoid being eaten by the larger creatures that accompany them.

When a Waaagh finally disperses, due to the death of the leader or a savage defeat splintering the horde into fleeing fragments, the goblins are often abandoned by their larger kin and must fend for themselves. Over the years, many tribes of lost goblins have formed inside civilized lands under the noses of the human and elven residents. Dwarves, of course, are too knowledgeable of goblins to let the tiny menaces fester - too many holds have been lost to an unexpected goblin population surge when dwarven populations were waning. But in the cities and towns where others live, waste and broken goods are often thrown into the streets or flushed into the rare sewer, providing the very sustenance and equipment that goblin tribes need to grow and prosper. Only clashes between the ever-present mutants and skaven under the cities of man keep the green menace in check, preventing them from flooding the surface in search of cruel entertainments.

In some rare areas, an enterprising criminal or merchant will make a deal with the filthy sewer dwelling gobs, offering them free access to scraps in exchange for a few jobs being done. This rarely turns out well, with one known exception - goblins are great at killing rats, and taverns love having both easy scrap disposal and a lack of rats. The symbiotic relationship that has formed allows tavern keeps to simply dispose of their leftovers and other waste materials directly behind their building, where goblins sneakily take it, plus any nearby rats, back to their burrows and sewer hideaways. This had led to a semi-respectable class of goblins appearing, which are ignored by town and city watches so long as there aren't many complaints.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Absolutely! I'm gonna provide some system-neutral material from the WFRP4e starter set to teach about the setting, the specific region, etc.

Sounds good to me! I'm interested, thinking maybe a Human of some kind (I'll narrow it down once I learn about the regions).

e: I'm also fine with equipment and talents if people want to use those.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 10, 2021

One Tall Fellow
Oct 22, 2006

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.
Looks like some fun! Let me know what you think. Pretty barebones for the time being, but I'm happy to flesh it out as needed.

Name: Gilles de Montvert
People: Bretonnian
Profession: Stableboy

Talents: Drink Up, The World's About To End: A wee drop of wine to soothe the nerves after work never comes unwelcome. When you drink enough to become intoxicated, you may choose to either be a Happy Drunk or a Mean Drunk. If you are a Happy Drunk, you may choose to take a result of 4 on Socialize rolls made to charm or entertain, but you must take a result of 1 on attempts to intimidate or threaten. If you are a Mean Drunk, you may choose to take a result of 4 on Socialize rolls made to intimidate or threaten, but you must take a result of 1 on attempts to charm or entertain.

Heavy Sleeper: You're used to passing out in odd places. Reeking stables, burning buildings, buried beneath mountains of grain until someone notices you're missing... When sleeping in an unsafe place that might inhibit others from resting, you can still sleep. When you do so, you may reduce your Flesh score from 3 or lower even if others cannot.

--
Possessions: A leather gherkin (slightly the wrong size). A sturdy broom. A small carpenter's toolbox (mostly a hammer and nails, for fixin' posts). [A signature item.]

The third son of a third son in a minor noble house, the outlook was never bright for Gilles. At 28, he is pushing the bounds of what can reasonably be called a stableboy, and he is beginning to fear he'll never become a knight after all.

Gilles now finds himself in the service of some cousin-x-removed or another, the fair and virtuous (and much younger than Gilles himself) Sir Guillaume Dubois. The knight and his retinue have been traveling the Reiksland with two-fold purpose: part diplomatic envoy, and part grand quest, because it's always some manner of quest with these knights isn't it? Always some fell beast to vanquish, some corruption of Chaos to be uncovered, or even just some local tourney to be won. The specifics all run together in Gilles' head, mostly because he rarely hears the information firsthand anyway. He simply goes where needed; a life devoted to service demands no less.

One Tall Fellow fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 16, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Mykkel posted:

Talthan
Hunter (can't remember if that is a starting profession, if not, downgrade it to Anarchist or prostitute, but not Ratcatcher)
Athelorn Wood Elf

Small critique, but after that you're good to go - is there a specific thing you hunt? A type of pest/minor monster would be good for martial characters, but "Hunter-Gatherer" would fit best if you're more wilderness survival.

One Tall Fellow posted:

Looks like some fun! Let me know what you think. Pretty barebones for the time being, but I'm happy to flesh it out as needed.

The third son of a third son in a minor noble house, the outlook was never bright for Gilles. At 28, he is pushing the bounds of what can reasonably be called a stableboy, and he is beginning to fear he'll never become a knight after all.

I like the little lad but I'd like to know what he's doing all the way out in Reikland. It's plausible, but I'm open to ideas.

Speaking of the Reikland, here's an intro to the Empire:

Everyone else is good so far! To confirm the player roster so far, I have:

@Mykkel
@chin up everything sucks
@Heliotrope
@One Tall Fellow

We have room for TWO MORE if we want em!

I also have 1/4 votes for Talents and Equipment. I'm leaving my vote neutral right now; I can go either way and I wanna know what you guys feel. Talents are more about dice tricks and ways to get specific types of success in specific circumstances, while Equipment involves more explicit equipment tracking and (semi-freeform) Tags on equipment that affect their narrative positioning a little more explicitly than simply "common sense". I trust we're gaming in good faith, and grimDARK is a VERY light game.

I'm gonna give it a little teeny bit more before I start, but I'd like to get everyone PDFs of the core rulebook + current revision. Can I DM everyone playing with coupon codes for DriveThruRPG? If Itch.io is preferred, I can do that as well.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

So I will pick weasels as the particular pest he hunts.

I vote for talents and equipment.

And DriveThruRPG is cool by me.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Talents and equipment sound fun. I vote for it.

DrivethruRPG works for me.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Xochitl
Profession: Stevedore
People: Kroxigor

Xochitl has no idea where she is or how to get back home. Having crossed the ocean with a small expeditionary force to secure something-or-other (Xochitl wasn't really paying attention, the skinks had it handled), Xochitl managed to get separated from the others and became hopelessly lost. She eventually wandered across a human town, who regarded her as "like an ogre, but scalier", and put her to work loading and unloading ships. She finds it kinda fun, to be honest, but she misses the skinks.

_____
I'm also interested in talents and equipment. Also, I actually just bought this game, so I don't need a free copy.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I also have the game, so don't worry about me.

-------

Name: Alder

Profession: Prostitute

People: Reiklander Human

Corruption 1

Flesh 1

Alder has been without a home or family for most of his life. He does what he can to get by, and tries to look out for himself and the people he knows.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is the party full? I've got half an idea, but I don't want to butt in if you're already set.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Lookin great folks, very excited. I'll offer a selection of Talents soon, going character by character, and set up some "starting packages" of equipment. You'll also each have a signature item, something unique to your character or their profession that may or may not be of use in the times ahead. I'll repeat this in the update with the Talents and Equipment, since we seem to be in favor.

Leperflesh posted:

Is the party full? I've got half an idea, but I don't want to butt in if you're already set.

You are in luck, if you join it'll be in the last spot open - all 6 will be full. We'd be happy to have you!

One Tall Fellow
Oct 22, 2006

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

I like the little lad but I'd like to know what he's doing all the way out in Reikland. It's plausible, but I'm open to ideas.

Added some embellishment to my initial post!

Talents and equipment sound good; I'm willing to roll with it if everyone else is.

One Tall Fellow fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 11, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Name Talakhamani
Nobody Profession Liturgical Assistant (unskilled laborer within the Necropolis at Khemri)
People Khemri human (undead, technically)
Flesh score of 1
Corruption score of 1

Talakhamani was born uncountable centuries ago into a middling caste within the great city of Khemri. He labored for the priesthood, assisting with the vast and unending work of properly interring and caring for the tombs of his betters. When the lands of the Tomb Kings were blasted with the great curse that extinguished all life, Talakhamani was not spared - but in their restless afterlife, the liche priests still required the services of their laity, and so Talakhamani rose from his untimely grave, wound the wraps of his caste about his desiccated body, and resumed his tireless work.

Some very long time later - Talakhamani could not say how many years - one of those Priests was included in an expedition by a Prince into foreign lands, for the Tomb Kings are jealous of every treasure stolen from their lands and from time to time they catch a rumor of some forgotten scepter or horde of coin, gather an army, and march upon oft-unexpecting foes. A liche priest must have his attendants and servitors, and Talakhamani had proven himself competent enough to arrange a ceremonial stole, present the correct bone-dry dusty tome at the moment it was required, stand stiffly at attention, and other such duties. Then came further expeditions, and still more - decades might pass between them, or maybe more... some were successful, and some ended in defeat, but always Talakhamani was among those who returned to ancient Khemri at the end of each campaign.

But at last, whatever talisman of luck had shone upon Talakhamani wore out, for some short time past (is it just months? Perhaps a few years? he is not entirely certain) the army with which he marched encountered a vastly more powerful enemy and was shattered! Their magics were too great for the liche-priest whom Talakhamani served - that ancient withered figure was obliterated in a gout of magical fire, and the mindless ranks of skeletal archers were crushed, and even the mighty stone statues, animated by ancient magic, that marched at the vanguard of the army were cast down and destroyed.

Yet Talakhamani survived - if one can call his everlasting unlife "survival," and a strange thing that is. For the force he marched with was tasked with the recovery of some long-lost treasure of Khemri, and that imperative still lingers within him somehow. Perhaps it is the magic that still holds his withered corpse together, despite the absence of a priest-mage or tomb king to bind him. He does not know.

Nor, alas, does he know the nature or identity of the thing which he is compelled to seek. That was not knowledge one of his station required, and so none spoke of it to him. Yet he cannot return home, even if he could find his way, for the quest remains unfinished and none but royalty can declare it so.

So Talakhamani draws a cloak about himself, and hides his frightful face behind his ceremonial mask, and occupies himself with whatever presents itself as work that needs doing, for he has served a thousand years or more and service is imprinted upon his bones, although of course none in this strange and foreign land have the authority to command him. Perhaps if he wanders long enough, he will encounter by chance that which he must always seek: or perhaps another force from his homeland of the tomb kings; or perhaps he will be destroyed by someone or something more powerful than he, or by bad luck, or an especially vigorous rainstorm. So be it. Talakhamani has no fear of whatever fate lies in store. Talakhamani has no fear, regardless.

OK this is a bit out there, but based on TK's intro, I am assuming that maybe not everyone would kill a nominally "undead" person on sight? The tomb kings are unlike the vampire counts' undead in the lore - and the priests of the tomb kings are themselves unlike normal undead. Talakhamani is not exactly a liche priest, it sounds like we're starting at a low power level, so I figured he's a person with background understanding and knowledge of the liche priest's magic, but no command of that magic himself - at least not yet, it's a potential advancement path. His motivations are fairly simple - pal around with whoever will have him, do whatever labor presents itself, generally he's an amiable enough fellow with no particular inclination towards evil... but neither does he have a particularly strong moral compass, and he's no stranger to violence and war.

If this is too weird, that's extremely understandable. I can put together a character who is actually alive, if you prefer.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I actually super dig it. So we're all accounted for!

Now, before I can get an intro post going, I'd like to set up the party a little, get everyone in a group.

You're in the city of Ubersreik, one of those cities in the Empire where nothing much is a surprise, so you're all welcome (for a given value thereof) and possibly even in an organization together. When the scenario starts you'll be in the Ubersreik market: Are you traveling together, or just soon-to-be victims of the tides of fate?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Nobody intentionally travels with a Trash Goblin. They smell. But when poo poo goes down, a lone goblin will look for protectors.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I'm good with us being a group from the start, I doubt a weasel-hunter smells that much better than a trash goblin.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I like the idea of us being separate from the start but having something happen to bring us together.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Talakhamani smells nothing.

Perhaps he has a particular affinity for Xochitl, whose former role was not so different from his own: perform labor as required by those of higher rank, without complaint, tirelessly for as long as required. Honorable. Respectable.

Perhaps he finds the simple tasks of disposing of vermin to be similarly worthy, albeit obviously a lower caste than his own.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Talakhamani smells nothing.

Perhaps he has a particular affinity for Xochitl, whose former role was not so different from his own: perform labor as required by those of higher rank, without complaint, tirelessly for as long as required. Honorable. Respectable.

Perhaps he finds the simple tasks of disposing of vermin to be similarly worthy, albeit obviously a lower caste than his own.

Rats chew on bandages and get into Coptic Jars.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

We'll start y'all off scattered, I think.

I did a more thorough read-through of the adventure that started in the marketplace and it was very WFRP "something bad happens and you get arrested and a shady person who can just have you killed offers to bail you out for shady reasons", which I've always felt was very railroady in a bad way unless you just skip ahead, so I'm thinking of doing a different adventure.

I also forgot that we were going to do talents and equipment - last week was EXTREMELY busy for me so I kinda took the weekend off (such as it was). I'll get everyone's selections of talents and starting equipment kits up either later today or earlier tomorrow. Cheers gang!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Alright here we go, who wants some fresh hot talents and equipment? If you answered "I do" then GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE RIGHT!

Also also, feel free to change the names of the talents (but not their mechanical effects), a lot of these are copy-and-pasted from the profession book I've put out and have intentionally silly names. Finally, the signature item is yours to select and is pretty wide open, but it must make sense for your character and profession. No owning a fully-armed garrison or a cannon or anything.

Mykkel posted:

Talthan
Weasel Hunter
Athelorn Wood Elf

You're pretty straightforward so I'm gonna borrow the talents from the Grimy Outdoorsman profession from this book over hyah. Behold, and pick two:

Eyes On The Backa Yer Head: You have a keen sense of situational awareness that’s usually sufficient to keep vultures from eating your organs when you sleep. You may reroll all the dice in your pool while observing, sensing, or detecting things, as well as when moving silently or hiding. However, you MUST accept the new result, even if it is worse.

Them There Stars Goin’ North Real Goodlike: You’ve spent a lot of time staring at the night sky, because there’s not a lot else to do when your home is a dirty shed in the woods. When trying to locate true north or identifying constellations, you may choose to count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.

Gon’ Lose ‘Em What Good Out Here Yessiree: Spending time among the filth and squalor of the open roads has left you with a keen sense of where to hide. When trying to lose a pursuer in a rural environment, you may count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.

Got Me Some Dang Ol’ Horse-Ridin’ Lessons Here I Tell You What: You feel more comfortable in the saddle than on your feet. The chaffing is so unimaginable as to barely be felt any more. When engaged in glorious battle on horseback, you may raise or lower a single die in your pool by one number.
--
Possessions: Sack of filthy animal pelts. Cool-looking longbow and dagger. Clothes for any weather, even the really nasty stuff. A whistle that makes some animal noise. [A signature item].

chin up everything sucks posted:

Name: Gary Gnawtoof
Profession: Scavenger
People: Trash Goblin of the Reekland (Reikland)
Flesh score: 1
Corruption score: 1

Pick two:
Sneaky Gob: You have never been caught doing anything in your entire life, and usually this creates further problems. When undergoing ANY stealthy task, you may choose to take a face result 6 instead of rolling.

D4C:You’ve been in the biz so long, you can always get the best deal. Usually by being a dick in some way. When selling black market goods or procuring illegal information, you may choose to count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.

Housebreakery: No home can resist your endless lust for other people’s belongings. When attempting to break into a secure lodging, you may choose to reroll your Profession or People dice.

Advanced Sneakthiefery: When attempting to hide from a pursuer or enemy in an urban environment, you may choose to count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.
--
Possessions: Crime Bag (full of crime stuff). Shiv, either improvised or legit. Creepy crimesman clothes. Your own natural sleaze. [A signature item.]

One Tall Fellow posted:

(Looking good on the story btw, will include the characters as NPCs)

Pick two:
Heavy Mettle: Your long, hard time in the stables of Bretonnia have left you with a back of iron. You cannot be made to gain Flesh score as a result of intensive physical labor, long and thankless hours, or any other kind of general labors of misery.

Drink Up, The World's About To End: A wee drop of wine to soothe the nerves after work never comes unwelcome. When you drink enough to become intoxicated, you may choose to either be a Happy Drunk or a Mean Drunk. If you are a Happy Drunk, you may choose to take a result of 4 on Socialize rolls made to charm or entertain, but you must take a result of 1 on attempts to intimidate or threaten. If you are a Mean Drunk, you may choose to take a result of 4 on Socialize rolls made to intimidate or threaten, but you must take a result of 1 on attempts to charm or entertain.

Heavy Sleeper: You're used to passing out in odd places. Reeking stables, burning buildings, buried beneath mountains of grain until someone notices you're missing... When sleeping in an unsafe place that might inhibit others from resting, you can still sleep. When you do so, you may reduce your Flesh score from 3 or lower even if others cannot.

On Your Feet, Boy: You've learned to stay standing when you're slapped around, especially when going off your feet would put you in a worse situation. You may never be knocked off your feet by roughly human-sized enemies. Furthermore, you have a rare 5.5th Flesh point, but only when in combat. If a fight would knock you from 5 to 6 Flesh score, you may choose instead to go up to 5.5 and either pass out but survive, or continue fighting for one more round before you reach Flesh 6.

--
Possessions: A leather gherkin (slightly the wrong size). A sturdy broom. A small carpenter's toolbox (mostly a hammer and nails, for fixin' posts). [A signature item.]

Astus posted:

Name: Xochitl
Profession: Stevedore
People: Kroxigor

Pick two:
Get Your Claws Dirty: Kroxigor don't have time for lesser foes. Unfortunately, most foes are lesser than a Kroxigor. When engaged in combat with an opponent smaller, weaker, or less prepared than you, you are not required to roll your Flesh die (or you may include your Flesh die to strike an instantly-killing blow).

Biggu Boye: You do not need to make a Flesh check for lifting and carrying any object or number of objects smaller and lighter than a peasant's ramshackle home.

Tough As Scales: Nothing can penetrate your skintanium scales. While in Melee combat, you may choose to ignore the results of a Flesh check once per combat sequence.

Never Skip Leg Day: Your powerful legs are tuned yet further by the constant cycle of walking, lifting (with your knees!), depositing, and then walking again. If you have sufficient room to move, you can jump a maximum of 45 feet straight up, and 90 feet straight ahead.

--
Possessions: A boat hook. A Stevedore's guild license. A leather uniform and snazzy cap. [A signature item.]

Heliotrope posted:

Name: Alder

Profession: Prostitute

People: Reiklander Human

Corruption 1

Flesh 1

Pick two:
Get Lucky: Where you from, you sexy thang? You may add 1 to the highest rolling die in your pool on attempts to charm, seduce, and otherwise gain the personal attention of a single target.

D4C:You’ve been in the biz so long, you can always get the best deal. Usually by being a dick in some way. When selling black market goods or procuring illegal information, you may choose to count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.

Light Sleeper: You cannot be surprised or caught-off guard while asleep, and always awaken when danger catches you sleeping.

Advanced Sneakthiefery: When attempting to hide from a pursuer or enemy in an urban environment, you may choose to count as having rolled a 4 instead of rolling your dice.

--
Possessions: Sheepskin (for protection when loving around). Knife (for protection when finding out). Attractive clothes. [A signature item].

Leperflesh posted:

Name Talakhamani
Nobody Profession Liturgical Assistant (unskilled laborer within the Necropolis at Khemri)
People Khemri human (undead, technically)
Flesh score of 1
Corruption score of 1

Pick two:
Heavy Mettle: Your long, hard time in the necropolis at Khemri has left you with a back of iron. You cannot be made to gain Flesh score as a result of intensive physical labor, long and thankless hours, or any other kind of general labors of misery.

Mind Like A Reed Trap: In the dark of Khemri's tombs things are bleak, terrifying, and very weird. You're used to it. When you suffer Corruption that affects your mental state, including mind-controlling magic and fear, you may roll your Corruption check twice and take the better result.

I've Been Everywhere, Man: You've seen wonders beyond the sea that many Imperials, even wealthy and well-traveled ones, could never imagine. Their wonder at even the smallest of differences amuses you. You may take a result of 4 instead of rolling your dice when Socializing to tell a good story, or spread gossip and rumors, about the world around you.

On Your Feet, Boy: You've learned to stay standing when you're slapped around, especially when going off your feet would put you in a worse situation. You may never be knocked off your feet by roughly human-sized enemies. Furthermore, you have a rare 5.5th Flesh point, but only when in combat. If a fight would knock you from 5 to 6 Flesh score, you may choose instead to go up to 5.5 and either pass out but survive, or continue fighting for one more round before you reach Flesh 6.

--
Possesions: Ludicrously cheap liquor (bottled). Hefty nerd book (in Khemri). Lil Liturgist’s First Portable Writing Kit. [A signature item].

That should be everyone! If I missed anyone or if you have any further questions, let me know!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I'll pick:

and

As far as signature item, could it be a pair of swords like Legolas has in the LOTR movies?

One Tall Fellow
Oct 22, 2006

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Drink Up, The World's About To End: A wee drop of wine to soothe the nerves after work never comes unwelcome. When you drink enough to become intoxicated, you may choose to either be a Happy Drunk or a Mean Drunk. If you are a Happy Drunk, you may choose to take a result of 4 on Socialize rolls made to charm or entertain, but you must take a result of 1 on attempts to intimidate or threaten. If you are a Mean Drunk, you may choose to take a result of 4 on Socialize rolls made to intimidate or threaten, but you must take a result of 1 on attempts to charm or entertain.

--

I think I will go with these two; adding them to my sheet. As far as a signature item goes, I was thinking perhaps a worn and tarnished signet ring -- proof of his not-completely terrible breeding, and a reminder of his relative station.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Heavy Mettle: Your long, hard time in the necropolis at Khemri has left you with a back of iron. You cannot be made to gain Flesh score as a result of intensive physical labor, long and thankless hours, or any other kind of general labors of misery.

Mind Like A Reed Trap: In the dark of Khemri's tombs things are bleak, terrifying, and very weird. You're used to it. When you suffer Corruption that affects your mental state, including mind-controlling magic and fear, you may roll your Corruption check twice and take the better result.

These are the right ones.

--
Possesions: Ludicrously cheap liquor (bottled). Hefty nerd book (in Khemri). Lil Liturgist’s First Portable Writing Kit. [A signature item].

Signature item: Mesmerous Mask.

Talakhamani wears an elaborate mask, the signifier of his Khemrian caste, profession, rank, (former) patron Tomb King, sect, and so forth, all the way down to exactly which version of the Funereal Rites his most-junior superior Liche Priest practiced. It is at once fancy and stark, bold and subtle. It is a little bit distracting. Actually, it's very specifically distracting: those who look at him "in the face" have a tendency to conveniently forget that they're looking at a walking corpse. The mask makes him A Person. Talakhamani knows this - if he were without his mask, he would literally have no identity in Khemrian society, so in his culture the mask is actually his personhood - but even for people who have never met a Khemrian before, somehow his mask is his face, and things with faces are people, rather than horrifying shambling husks of dried leathery magically-preserved ancient flesh and bone.

The mask may or may not be actually magical. Maybe it's just a trick of the light, something about the lines or the little beads or the rows of inlaid figures. Maybe it's just how he wears it.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I'll take Get Lucky and Light Sleeper. My signature item is a beautiful pocket mirror.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Get Your Claws Dirty Don't Poke the Kroxigor: Kroxigor don't have time for lesser foes. Unfortunately, most foes are lesser than a Kroxigor. When engaged in combat with an opponent smaller, weaker, or less prepared than you, you are not required to roll your Flesh die (or you may include your Flesh die to strike an instantly-killing blow).

Biggu Boye Hefty Gal: You do not need to make a Flesh check for lifting and carrying any object or number of objects smaller and lighter than a peasant's ramshackle home.

--
Possessions: A boat hook. A Stevedore's guild license. A leather uniform and snazzy cap. [A signature item.]

It was very difficult to narrow it down to these two, but I'm going to take the above talents.
As for my signature item, Xochitl will have a small (for her) pendant, affixed around her neck by one of the skinks before she got herself lost.

Astus fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 16, 2021

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I think this does it for me.

quote:

Sneaky Gob: You have never been caught doing anything in your entire life, and usually this creates further problems. When undergoing ANY stealthy task, you may choose to take a face result 6 instead of rolling.

Housebreakery: No home can resist your endless lust for other people’s belongings. When attempting to break into a secure lodging, you may choose to reroll your Profession or People dice.
--
Possessions: Crime Bag (full of crime stuff). Shiv, either improvised or legit. Creepy crimesman clothes. Your own natural sleaze. A bag of dead rats

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 18, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Everyone is good except @chin up everything sucks, who needs their signature item right quick.

Other than that, I'm gonna pick and read through an adventure right quick and start a starting post. If I don't get it up soon or this weekend, expect it Monday - it's my day off.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Fixed. Now I am complete.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Alright! Workin up a nice intro post - welcome to Ubersreik y'all.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

First post is up!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:f5:

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

So sorry for the delay - holidays and all. I'll get a post up soon!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Alright, holidays are behind us, the new year's ahead of us, and the Grimdarkening is night. I got my post up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, it seems like the players didn't bookmark threads and didn't notice that this game got going. I'm still into it though, if you want to PM people as reminders or maybe re-recruit or something?