Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Played a round of gun game -- it's fun, but maybe suffers from the same issue as the snipers and knives mode (by Stodeh, also a mode I enjoyed): players trickle in, so if you were not there from the first round, it's hard to catch up. Especially when others have ARs already and you start off with the pistols.

I really hope they put Rush into a regular rotation at least. I wasn't even the biggest fan of the mode in the past, but it's nice to chill out away from the 128-player madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Good. I bet he was the least used operator.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Gun game was great on those bf3 cqc maps.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Philman posted:

Gun game was great on those bf3 cqc maps.

Hell yeah -- those were awesome maps full stop. Would love for them to be added in.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Philman posted:

Good. I bet he was the least used operator.

Rao? I think so. Today was literally first time i actually saw him get an end of round accolade

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Where are my clown outfits reeeeeeeeeeeee

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Glad the challenges aren't Halo Infinite levels of annoying!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DrBox posted:

Glad the challenges aren't Halo Infinite levels of annoying!

Or BFV levels of "proned headshots while in an objective area" or BF1 levels of "x mode that no one even plays anymore" (rip war pigeons)

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Are they consistent for everyone? ie everyone has the shotgun/dmr weekly?

I'm much more into it if it makes everyone use some bizarre off-meta weapons together

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Can you unlock it in solo mode?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Dynamite Dog posted:

Are they consistent for everyone? ie everyone has the shotgun/dmr weekly?

I'm much more into it if it makes everyone use some bizarre off-meta weapons together

Uh the shotgun is very meta, atleast for me. poo poo is a one-hit-kill out to very decent ranges, I could see it getting a nerf after this week.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Uh the shotgun is very meta, atleast for me. poo poo is a one-hit-kill out to very decent ranges, I could see it getting a nerf after this week.

just the final one or the first too?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Heads up you gotta play on either the Battlefield 2042 rush or the Rush of Ages playlists for the mcom challenge. Custom lobbies don’t seem to track for it

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Hopper posted:

Can you unlock it in solo mode?

Nope.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the game down for anyone else currently?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I was looking for this screen in-game. How do you get to it? EDIT: Nevermind, it's on the matchmaking screen.

Annoying that there is no game indication when you are working towards it.

And yes, it's the same for everyone. The amount of shotguns used in my Rush games today was disgusting. But the auto-shotty just shreds...

LampkinsMateSteve fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 9, 2021

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I was looking for this screen in-game. How do you get to it? EDIT: Nevermind, it's on the matchmaking screen.

Annoying that there is no game indication when you are working towards it.

And yes, it's the same for everyone. The amount of shotguns used in my Rush games today was disgusting. But the auto-shotty just shreds...

I was just playing Rush with Falk and the Saiga and lmao the chaos in the last objective. Half the game was running Falk / Angel and Saiga or the pump shotgun.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Jeff Fatwood posted:

I was just playing Rush with Falk and the Saiga and lmao the chaos in the last objective. Half the game was running Falk / Angel and Saiga or the pump shotgun.

Pretty awesome for the first challenge to incentivize revives. Might give a whole bunch of people a new love of medics!

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Dynamite Dog posted:

Just the first one, the autoshotty isnt great atleast with default attachements.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, the pump is surprisingly good fun. Pretty generous one-hit range, and you can two-tap people out to remarkably long distances. Really looking forwards to how the other ammo types play out, particularly slug and the extended-range buckshot. Though at short ranges you'll still get annihilated by the autoshotty unless you nail that first shot right away.

https://i.imgur.com/jKg44IG.mp4

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

how did I not realize until last night that there's a radio in the choppers that plays fart rock

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I am glad that the game is forcing people to enter the church of the shotgun

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the pump is surprisingly good fun. Pretty generous one-hit range, and you can two-tap people out to remarkably long distances. Really looking forwards to how the other ammo types play out, particularly slug and the extended-range buckshot. Though at short ranges you'll still get annihilated by the autoshotty unless you nail that first shot right away.

https://i.imgur.com/jKg44IG.mp4

:patriot:

iirc slugs do something like 65 dmg out to 70m or so. They are pretty good. Certainly better than the slugs in the auto shotgun which does 25dmg :laugh:
Flechettes seem to do the same damage as regular buckshot, now with 100% more penetration! Or maybe very slightly less damage. At least not enough to immediately notice when swapping between the 2.
I haven't tried the ranged buckshot.

Dynamite Dog posted:

The pump action can one shot to 14m or so. The auto shotgun cannot one shot kill. But it's 2 shots out to 12m.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
You need to stop moving while you fire with the shotgun , it reduce spread by a lot. Kinda like a sniper rifle.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

how did I not realize until last night that there's a radio in the choppers that plays fart rock

Terrible UI?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
So now I get a bug where I load into a match but the UI won't load and I have to ALT F4. Just let me enjoy the game :dice:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Beastie posted:

Terrible UI?

did not look at the button list displayed on the screen?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Popped my Angel supply box drop on useless sniper squad mate cherry. :allears: Just hanging back 200ft on Rush defense and not even having a good LOS to the objectives.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Do the angel supply boxes not replenish M5s? I've been super confused on now to reload those. In previous versions, you just had to stand on the box for 30 seconds or whatever to get a new missile/explosive.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DrBox posted:

Pretty awesome for the first challenge to incentivize revives. Might give a whole bunch of people a new love of medics!
trying to tk and elbow my teammates as i try to revive this stupid fucker

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Do the angel supply boxes not replenish M5s? I've been super confused on now to reload those. In previous versions, you just had to stand on the box for 30 seconds or whatever to get a new missile/explosive.

The angel ammo pouches only give bullets and 20 armor. The supply crate does resupply the M5(and everything else).

The ammo crate gadget also resupplies the M5 like you are used to.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

hold use on the crate to bring up the interface then hit esc to reload your current loadout

using the crate gives you back all your grenades and equipment ammo

using any angel crate has a 20s global cooldown for yourself which you can see if you step a little bit aways from the crate

(the crate sometimes bugs out on giving you a new beacon)

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

nightwisher posted:

holy poo poo the PKB is a loving laser now

edit: slap a 3x scope on, long barrel, use standard rounds and the bipod and no joke this poo poo is busted, just a tiny bit of vertical jump on the first shot and it's after it's almost recoilless

edit edit: just won a rush map as defense that lasted less than ten minutes, and in that time I got 58 kills with the pkb just sitting at range mowing down attackers lmfao

the PKP doesn't have a long barrel, are you talking about the LCMG?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
C5 Dozing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4JXWtZcm2A&t=168s

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

comedyblissoption posted:

hold use on the crate to bring up the interface then hit esc to reload your current loadout

using the crate gives you back all your grenades and equipment ammo

using any angel crate has a 20s global cooldown for yourself which you can see if you step a little bit aways from the crate

(the crate sometimes bugs out on giving you a new beacon)

it gives you the beacon but you have to manually reload it (by pressing r) for some reason before you can deploy it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

whaley posted:

did not look at the button list displayed on the screen?

It's tiny, it's flat, and blends in with the rest of the screen. It's not good UI and we've been over this.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Haven't tried it yet, but apparently the new patch failed to fix aim assist (lol) and made the vehicles near useless against infantry.

DICE keeps on winning.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Nerfing the vehicles is what people on reddit where screaming for. Well they got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

SVK ate a huge nerf, the recoil impulse is a hilarious 45 degree jump that takes twice as long to return to center, cutting the effective rate of fire a ton

this really feels like the anti-fun patch I was worried about