Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
From Reddit. Has anyone checked the M44 revolver ammo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Beastie posted:

Terrible UI?

whaley posted:

did not look at the button list displayed on the screen?

whaley wins the prize on this one :downs: never bothered to look because I've pointed and shot on helicopters since Desert Combat so why would I

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Booyah- posted:

SVK ate a huge nerf, the recoil impulse is a hilarious 45 degree jump that takes twice as long to return to center, cutting the effective rate of fire a ton

this really feels like the anti-fun patch I was worried about

Wait so you mean the :dice: tradition of releasing an anti-fun patch right before loving off for a month or more happened again? :wow:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
haha wow game is on sale in epic and origin. I expected Jan but not dec.
-33% base game. -22% Gold, -18% ultimate.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 9, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mega Comrade posted:

haha wow game is on sale in epic and origin. I expected Jan but not dec.
-33% base game. -22% Gold, -18% ultimate.

Not too surprising, really. It's holiday season. CoD Vanguard was down to $39 on Cyber Monday in a bunch of places, currently on sale for 20% off at Gamestop (along with Far Cry 6, which isn't that old either).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Haven't tried it yet, but apparently the new patch failed to fix aim assist (lol) and made the vehicles near useless against infantry.

DICE keeps on winning.

Vehicles are still great against infantry lol

jisforjosh posted:

Wait so you mean the :dice: tradition of releasing an anti-fun patch right before loving off for a month or more happened again? :wow:

Not sure how nerfing the SVK is anti-fun. If anything, it's more fun because the SVK was pretty ridiculous.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's anti-fun because now they don't have an easy to use relatively op weapon that kills in 2 shots at any range.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

it's pretty useless now, they adjusted too far in the nerf direction

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

dog nougat posted:

It's anti-fun because now they don't have an easy to use relatively op weapon that kills in 2 shots at any range.

Is it that the SVK was OP or that the other guns just really suck and need to be buffed? I think the SVK was about where that kind of gun needed to be where it rewards prior planning by switching optics ahead of time to deal with the terrain and fighting distances you're gonna get, but you'll get smoked if you get caught out switching optics or using the wrong one for the engagement distance and even then it's not the perfect gun because if some competent dude gets in your face with an SMG or AR you'll probably lose the fight.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Booyah- posted:

it's pretty useless now, they adjusted too far in the nerf direction

Good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Defenestrategy posted:

Is it that the SVK was OP or that the other guns just really suck and need to be buffed? I think the SVK was about where that kind of gun needed to be where it rewards prior planning by switching optics ahead of time to deal with the terrain and fighting distances you're gonna get, but you'll get smoked if you get caught out switching optics or using the wrong one for the engagement distance and even then it's not the perfect gun because if some competent dude gets in your face with an SMG or AR you'll probably lose the fight.

The SVK was definitely OP. Even at close range I have killed people that have jumped me with smgs because the hipfire is very good and it just takes 2 hits. It's certainly not the same as getting jumped at close range and having a bolt action out. Also do people switch optics? 3.5x or 4x seems ideal for dmrs and especially the SVK. 4x is the most magnification you can get without having scope glint and it works great at the ideal engagement range for dmrs(imo 0-150ish meters).

Seems like it still shoots faster than the bolt actions, so it still has it's niche. If you can aim, use a bolt action and pop domes. If you can't aim, use the SVK. If you really can't aim, mag dump with the DM7 :v:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

dog nougat posted:

It probably should've had its damage values at range adjusted instead of its muzzle flip but that's just my opinion. Also, can't be antifun for me if I'm not playing the game. I'm in a "wait and see" if they sort things out/will the game have a decent playerbase when I come back in March holding pattern

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I haven't found I need anything higher than 3.5x unless it's a sniper rifle or something where I need to account for bullet drop

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The angel ammo pouches only give bullets and 20 armor. The supply crate does resupply the M5(and everything else).

The ammo crate gadget also resupplies the M5 like you are used to.

How do I throw a crate instead of a bullet/armor pouch?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SVK was OP, it’s not even a discussion.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
SVK was basically the ZH-29 in BFV, which as far as I know nobody complained about. Interesting to see the SVK getting poo poo on and it makes me think that the problem is the other guns.

Gish
Oct 18, 2000
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

How do I throw a crate instead of a bullet/armor pouch?

Select your gadget, then right click instead and it'll show a deployment zone for the crate to come down.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

SVK was basically the ZH-29 in BFV, which as far as I know nobody complained about. Interesting to see the SVK getting poo poo on and it makes me think that the problem is the other guns.

Pubbies rage about the ZH-29 all the time which is half the fun of using that weapon. But yes, you are correct that the SVK is only strong because most other weapons are trash at med/long range. This was immediately evident to me during the early access phase, but with the buffs to rifles I'm sure it's not anywhere near as dominant.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ok so BF4 was my favorite BF and I favor realism over the Call of Duty style gameplay. I enjoyed BF V as well.

Do I buy this garbage?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

During the earlier BFV betas, the ZH-29 was absolutely loathed and widely criticized. I dunno whether they ever actually did something about it in the meantime or if it got put to a more reasonable level during one of the million TTK changes.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Chinatown posted:

Ok so BF4 was my favorite BF and I favor realism over the Call of Duty style gameplay. I enjoyed BF V as well.

Do I buy this garbage?

If you favour realism then look into hell let loose, squad, arma or insurgency sandstorm.

This is less 'arcadey' than cod. Less arcadey than BF1 and V too. But it's not a realistic shooter by any means. But it probably is the most like BF4.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 9, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Pubbies rage about the ZH-29 all the time which is half the fun of using that weapon.

No all chat means that half the fun of using a 2hk SLR is gone

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Chinatown posted:

Do I buy this garbage?

I'm enjoying the game as a BF fanboy, but I would be loathe to recommend buying it from anywhere except Steam with its generous refund policy.

I hope they have more assignments with lots of reviving. I had to race to beat other players to revives and I've never been revived as much.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Unlocked the .50 last night and fukken lol that was fun to use. Definitely going to run that when I'm doing pure support angel/falck and want to have a gently caress you troll gun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Perestroika posted:

During the earlier BFV betas, the ZH-29 was absolutely loathed and widely criticized. I dunno whether they ever actually did something about it in the meantime or if it got put to a more reasonable level during one of the million TTK changes.

Nobody cared in live release, at least in my experience. I pretty much used it exclusively as I like playing aggressive scout and never heard or saw anything about it. I also was reading Reddit at the time (yeah don't judge) and IIRC everyone was bitching about LMGs and enemy visibility.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Target Practice posted:

Unlocked the .50 last night and fukken lol that was fun to use. Definitely going to run that when I'm doing pure support angel/falck and want to have a gently caress you troll gun.

We were being king shitlord of rear end in a top hat mountain. Soflam versus everything across the map, hacking helicopters that ventured close, and then the dumb ntw50 railguns to wreck everything.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
What does hacking do? I hacked a tank yesterday as Rao and all it did was turn around and kill me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

If you favour realism then look into hell let loose, squad, arma or insurgency sandstorm.

This is less 'arcadey' than cod. Less arcadey than BF1 and V too. But it's not a realistic shooter by any means. But it probably is the most like BF4.

Thanks. I will probably grab it but....DICE. :shrug:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

humpthewind posted:

What does hacking do? I hacked a tank yesterday as Rao and all it did was turn around and kill me.

it shuts down the weapons and countermeasures on any vehicle for a specific amount of time. Not sure how long but it seems to be around 5-10 seconds

Very useful for making an over-aggressive vehicle a sitting duck if your teammates are paying any amount attention(they probably arent)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

humpthewind posted:

FYI it's bugged, I've gotten a "TARGET HACKED" and then been blown up a couple of times. Add another one to the pile.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Did :dice: fix the teleporting shipping containers on Manifest that have been there since early access?

Edit: they have not

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 9, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FYI it's bugged, I've gotten a "TARGET HACKED" and then been blown up a couple of times. Add another one to the pile.

Oh that would explain it. I hacked a bunch of helicopters and probably 30% of them would still pop flares instead of eating a stinger. The new hacking speed is amazing for killing overconfident pilots though :discourse:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Played around some with the futuristic burst rifle some, I really dig it. Silencer with subsonic ammo takes a lot of the punch out of it but you can really take your time with follow-up shots since nobody will know where you are.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

For a long while hacking a vehicle also disabled the weapons and gear of the players inside because nobody ever thought to test getting out while hacked in the development time leading up to release

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Does anybody else just wait to spawn at a capture point when the round starts instead of hiking 10 miles?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
No, cuz the game force spawns you from the helicopters if you are fast enough to grab a vehicle on ps5.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Chinatown posted:

Do I buy this garbage?

Yes, to play 2 maps of BF3 in Portal.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
welp, last patch has somehow nudged this game into the unfun category for me. Its not one specific thing necessarily, its just a combo of a lot of :dice: Everything about this patch feels worse - its harder to kill people with the guns I use, the AK took over the PP but its still one OP gun 90% of playerbase is using, the overall jankiness with how AA lock on mechanics work (or don't work), the intermittent nature of spawning into vehicles, and the constant unending UI bugs. I could (and have for like 50ish hours) put up with that, but there's so many annoying design choices that I'm done for the time being.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vampire Panties posted:

welp, last patch has somehow nudged this game into the unfun category for me. Its not one specific thing necessarily, its just a combo of a lot of :dice: Everything about this patch feels worse - its harder to kill people with the guns I use, the AK took over the PP but its still one OP gun 90% of playerbase is using, the overall jankiness with how AA lock on mechanics work (or don't work), the intermittent nature of spawning into vehicles, and the constant unending UI bugs. I could (and have for like 50ish hours) put up with that, but there's so many annoying design choices that I'm done for the time being.

What gun got nerfed besides the SVK?

The AK, SCAR and both LMGs had their initial vertical recoil reduced. The LMGs have less max spread. The Vektor seems to have gotten a buff to it's burst. All the SMGs got a hipfire buff.
The AK is good but I certainly wouldn't call it OP. Weapon balance is pretty good right now as basically every gun is viable at multiple ranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I dunno if the DM7 got nerfed specifically, but I've used that dumb thing since the start and it feels like its only getting worse. I mostly played medic / mondragon in BF1 so I'm ok with the slower ADS and all of the stuff w/ the marksman rifles, but its really just fallen apart IMO.