Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laffo Atlus, not only will we not be bringing Persona 4 Ultimax to Xbox, we explicitly deny making it back compatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Furious_blog/status/1469107330034073605

yeah heres the k9999 trailer. also, another beta test

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Endorph posted:

they just revealed loving k9999

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
This is 100% what I hoped they were going to do with K9999, if they were ever going to do anything. All he needed was new hair, more focus on fire abilities, new voice actor, and a change in the look of that one super and he's good to show up again. Nothing about Tetsuo was intrinsic to his character.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
My thoughts on Central Fiction so far, after going in totally blind to play it vs an equally clueless friend last night.

Taokaka's fun as gently caress.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TGLT posted:

I need Akihiko with rollback so badly

no i do not like bbtag

:emptyquote:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1469125117145796608?t=sp8dFonAYJJEjDO0XK0KYQ&s=19

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:swoon:

Arc Sys is saving fighting games

But actually though

Also SNK bringing K9999 back from the dead is ACTUALLY shattering expectations, holy loving poo poo

I dig how Kronen looks like a K9999 that's been rogue for a while, with grown out hair and the glasses

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 10, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Doesn't say anything about rollback :argh:
I think they said a while ago that to patch it into GBVS (and presumably and P4A) they'd need the actual IP holders to OK it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Doesn't say anything about rollback :argh:
I think they said a while ago that to patch it into GBVS (and presumably and P4A) they'd need the actual IP holders to OK it.

Both Cygames and ASW said "yeah we'd like to for grabble versus". Maybe it'll come up at Granblue Fes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TulliusCicero posted:

Also SNK bringing K9999 back from the dead is ACTUALLY shattering expectations, holy loving poo poo

Bring back all the fighting game characters with rights issues! Have Bandai-Namco to introduce a reptilian giant with laser weapon constructs. Have a cartoony Japanese nerd playable in the next Capcom fighter.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

BBCF update, I spent some time working on the other character I'm interested in Litchi, and then 2 hours had passed in training mode lol

On the plus side, I got my bnb that forms the basis of max damage combos down, including the staff placement and jumping off the staff for juggles

Litchi is so fun, especially once you get them into the corner and get to start your mixes. She's not easy, and I'm only scratching the surface, but she really feels more like the character for me in that regard. Dang I'm glad they put rollback into this game because I'd forgotten how great blazblue is

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol theres probably too many fighting games now again and half of them are by arcsys

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

It might actually be K9999 proper on canon

https://twitter.com/empe0317/status/1469156082312712192?t=rr3WVQ9ORepX-Vtt5_kzUw&s=19

Guy Incognito is wearing a worn gauntlet exactly like the one K9999 had on 02, while K' is wearing a new gauntlet. So presumably K9999 doesn't have any NESTS pals who can fix him up with a new one? (It would also explain why they had him fight Kyo and not K')

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bringing back K9999 with a rad new costume + name and subbing in nanotech poo poo for the fleshmorphing is really loving cool

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ignis posted:

It might actually be K9999 proper on canon

https://twitter.com/empe0317/status/1469156082312712192?t=rr3WVQ9ORepX-Vtt5_kzUw&s=19

Guy Incognito is wearing a worn gauntlet exactly like the one K9999 had on 02, while K' is wearing a new gauntlet. So presumably K9999 doesn't have any NESTS pals who can fix him up with a new one? (It would also explain why they had him fight Kyo and not K')

Hell the Red visor glasses might very well be covering the facial scar

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

anime was right posted:

lol theres probably too many fighting games now again and half of them are by arcsys

the arcsys games all have really similar design philosophies, and it's really not one i care for much even in series i've historically enjoyed

battle for the grid owns, though. it's the first game i've played where the simplified / casual-friendly aspects and the more "pure" aspects of it as a fighting game actually feel like a smart compromise instead of designers just throwing away good ideas for no reason to please some imaginary ideal platonic scrub

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I honestly do not know how the gently caress ArcSys does it. Just this year we got Rollback for +R, Strive and the DLCs, DnF, Rollback for BBCF and BBTAG, and now P4AU on Steam so I can get back to loving around with Naoto and Adachi only to get crushed by my wife's Mitsuru. That's on top of continued DBFZ and Granblue support through DLCs and events.

I really hope that their office is doing okay. This level of output is kinda insane and given how much crunch is an issue in the gaming scene, I hope they are treating their teams well.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the rollback for +R was an american team, DnF is mostly being made by 8ing, BBGTAG and BB almost certainly have the same foundational engine so its extremely likely that adding rollback to one made adding rollback to the other much more trivial and its also the same american team that did +R im pretty sure, and p4u is just being ported. most of this is a small teams worth of work for arcsys presumably.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A lot of those games/updates are stuff that can be and probably was outsourced.

Even DNF Duel is being made with 8ing, and it seems like Arc might be leaving a lot of the work to them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
+R was IIRC an independent programmer making a fan rollback patch who Arcsys hired to do it 'legit'.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

I have felt overwhelmed by it. When there was mostly just Xrd and fightcade it was fun to play, but now there's so many new games that aren't really the style I like, and the old games feel very daunting to work through the knowledge gap. Xrd felt like a Goldilocks game and it's just irrelevant now in both directions. I'm too tired to pick up anything else that I don't already know pretty well. It's a weird place to be.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Another factor in Arcsys' increased output is they, like, quadrupled their size in the post-Xrd years.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've been liking Bullet and Mu in CF, so I've got both ends of the gameplay style spectrum covered (poorly). Air combos are definitely taking time to get used to, because the timing for the high jump cancel and initial hits has to be really fast, but the second jump cancel is always later than I expect it to be.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Chev posted:

Another factor in Arcsys' increased output is they, like, quadrupled their size in the post-Xrd years.

i wonder if all that work mostly went to strive? or if they're working on something other than it and dnf. there has to be like, some other game in full production at this point

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It went to DBFZ and Granblue, at the very least, they're the ones for which new teams were made

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
strive is 40 bucks on steam rn bc it won a game award or whatever btw

oh and mk11 is 10 bucks too i guess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

i wonder if all that work mostly went to strive? or if they're working on something other than it and dnf. there has to be like, some other game in full production at this point
theyve teased a new blazblue a couple of times, and, well, the rollback to central fiction and cross tag kinda adds likelihood to that

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

1) What does BBCF have in terms of characters with fast movement speed and fast long range buttons? Nine has great long range buttons and she's fun to play but I've been aching to play someone like Vega.

2) Does anyone in BBCF have a forward moving grab that puts the opponent into the corner and/or a grounded anti-air grab?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
No

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Really? Neither?

Oh well, Nine is fun as hell. I love covering the screen in bullshit.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

2) Does anyone in BBCF have a forward moving grab that puts the opponent into the corner and/or a grounded anti-air grab?

Susanoo. The startup is stupid long though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

1) What does BBCF have in terms of characters with fast movement speed and fast long range buttons? Nine has great long range buttons and she's fun to play but I've been aching to play someone like Vega.
Jubei has more Vega-esque movement but his normals are a bit stubbier, though he has sword moves that have pretty good reach. Mai has reach and movement but her normals are more average speed than fast, though they're still pretty fast for how much reach they have.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Really? Neither?

Oh well, Nine is fun as hell. I love covering the screen in bullshit.
I suck at playing her but I love popping her magic on people and flooding the screen with it. When I fought her in arcade mode I kept losing to all the magic because I sucked and that's when I realized I should main her

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

tager has a grounded anti air grab. i think bullet might have one ?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Jack Trades posted:

The entire reason I'm into Taokaka is she can do Vega's wall leaping dive shenanigans and cancel them into ten billion movement options

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Am I missing something or wasn’t the VF 5 Yakuza DLC supposed to add something in the realm of 650+ customization items?

Doesn’t feel like there’s too much more stuff there than before. Hell I recall the PS360 version having shitloads of options compared to this.

What’s the deal?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The arcade game had a jillion customization options and those were ported alongside the game when Final Showdown first came to consoles. Ultimate Showdown I’d have to assume they couldn’t/didn’t wanna remodel every single object in the new engine

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
these morons are why Evo has been canceled again

https://twitter.com/StuClub/status/1469700690326917122?t=O1-z-P8zyBDXNMN1pODOrQ&s=19

I just cannot escape these imbeciles no matter what part of the internet I go to

Hope airborne makes a speedy recovery

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

these morons are why Evo has been canceled again

https://twitter.com/StuClub/status/1469700690326917122?t=O1-z-P8zyBDXNMN1pODOrQ&s=19

I just cannot escape these imbeciles no matter what part of the internet I go to

Hope airborne makes a speedy recovery

Did EVO 2022 get cancelled??? I know that smaller one did earlier this year after the regional online tourneys happened.