Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kesper North posted:

You see, but do not observe.

:v:

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs-ug068wco

lake of shadows boss does not seem to have been buffed enough :v:

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs-ug068wco

lake of shadows boss does not seem to have been buffed enough :v:

This is good.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

How will Xur’s weekend thing work? Two places at once?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Miguel Prado posted:

How will Xur’s weekend thing work? Two places at once?

I really want him to be in his home, right across from himself, and no one says anything about it. No acknowledgement. It just is.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Mohawk Potato posted:

So I'm fairly new to D2 and I'm wondering is there anyway to know what perks I'm looking for. I'm already trying to buy as many mods in a days as I can but I'm starting to feel like my lack of weapons with good perks are hurting me. My buddy told me to run legendary sectors for stuff but I keep getting stomped.

Don't worry about it. Even perfect perk combos generally only buff performance by 15-25% versus a base weapon in their perfect scenarios, and other perk combos will be good for other things. Also, note that you don't have to have perfect perks all the way - usually the fourth column perk is much more powerful than the rest, followed by the third, and then the first/second are often afterthoughts.

What you need depends on what you want to do. I find the most demanding content in terms of your weapon park is Legend/Master Lost Sectors, GM Nightfalls and Master raids - because the combination of Match Game, Champions and high difficulty means you really need the right combos. But that is more about having the weaponry available than the specific perks. Outside of that content you can pretty much use whatever.

For PvP, you're generally looking for perks that increase range+zoom (because in addition to buffing damage dropoff range it also buffs the range AA works at) and handling (because it allows you to swap to/from your special weapon and ADS quicker). People that frequently go on kill streaks also like guns that get bonuses after a kill, but for most people that's a waste. The key thing about PvP though is that exotics are usually just as good as god rolled legendaries, so all you really need is one good exotic. Almost every exotic handcannon is super good. If you owned Forsaken before this week you can get Ace of Spades for free from the Kiosk which is possibly the best one of all of them. No Time To Explain (from the Beyond Light campaign iirc) is a top tier Pulse. Pair either of those with a shotgun (Good perks include: +range/handling, Quickdraw, Threat Detector, Opening Shot. Full choke for pellet shotguns.) and you have very close to a best in slot PvP loadout for all activities.
This is a pretty good list for exotic tier rankings for PvP, anything A or above is easily on par with god roll legendaries: https://www.blueberries.gg/weapons/destiny-2-exotic-tier-list/

For most normal PvE you can just use whatever, but perks that give you damage bonuses on kill and perks that buff your reload speed are generally really good for primary ammo weapons. For the really high difficulty PvE modes you will want something that doesn't require kills to help you, like Frenzy, Explosive/Timed Payload, etc. Honorary mention to Osmosis, which is generally a bad perk but can be worth having one or two of in your vault when you need one more element for Match Game content.
For special ammo ammo and heavy ammo weapons you'll generally want vorpal weapon, since you mostly use these to kill bosses and champions. Honorary mention to Blinding Grenades which is big to have as an option for special ammo grenade launchers, and Auto Loading Holster for all special/heavies which makes it far more comfortable to quickswap to your special/heavy for a yellow bar enemy without having to reload it afterwards.

Overall, just play around with it. The hivemind is pretty strong in Destiny and a lot of perks and weapons get dismissed even though they're very capable. Some perks will also be a lot better when paired with synergistic perks, say Demolitionist+AdrenalineJunkie , any "Buff after kill+reload" with any "Quick reload" perk, multiple perks benefiting from frequent kills (e.g. Subsistence/FeedingFrenzy + Rampage/Swashbuckler/AdrenalineJunkie), etc.

Some resources:
To see common/recommended perks for a given weapon, use light.gg. Beware the hivemind - sometimes the comments are more useful than the aggregated data.
To see how perks affect your weapons stats more directly, use d2gunsmith.com . This also shows more details about what perks actually do.
To see more details on perks than you could ever want, check out these spreadsheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i1KUwgVkd8qhwYj481gkV9sZNJQCE-C3Q-dpQutPCi4/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WaxvbLx7UoSZaBqdFr1u32F2uWVLo-CJunJB4nlGUE4/

Elerion fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 10, 2021

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah the one really nice thing about this game is you can safely ignore a lot of top tier meta stuff if it just doesn't work for you. There's a tonne of perks that aren't top tier but work better for my play style and vice versa. If I tried to just use only Hive Approved perks and weapons I'd probably be pretty disappointed. What am I gonna do with radar enhancing stuff? I keep forgetting I have a radar! And range? I'm a bad shot so unless I'm doing sniper rifle bounties I'm pretty close.

I've figured out I tend to gravitate towards things that keep me shooting and using powers. So surplus is top tier for a lot of people, but useless for me because if the skills are unused I'm wasting them in my mind. I'm all about bullet replenishing, fast reloads, more damage, and topping up skills (demo, wellspring etc).

There's so many perks, I really recommend DIM and hitting that random button. Just grab random guns, go to Cosmo or EDZ or whatever and just try them out. This game is good at catering to different play styles.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So according to reddit, new lights are being pulled straight into Dares of Eternity. PS4 is also making the game free for people without PS+, so this should be fun.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

syntaxfunction posted:

What am I gonna do with radar enhancing stuff? I keep forgetting I have a radar! And range? I'm a bad shot so unless I'm doing sniper rifle bounties I'm pretty close.

I've figured out I tend to gravitate towards things that keep me shooting and using powers. So surplus is top tier for a lot of people, but useless for me because if the skills are unused I'm wasting them in my mind. I'm all about bullet replenishing, fast reloads, more damage, and topping up skills (demo, wellspring etc).

No one uses radar enhancing perks.

Range affects distance before damage and aim assist drops off, it's one of the most useful stats on anything.

Surplus is a PvP perk for increasing handling on guns because you're not recklessly hitting every ability in PvP which lets you benefit from a high handling shotgun to quickly react to people closing the distance. You're not using it in PvE.

At least try to understand why people recommend things!!

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So according to reddit, new lights are being pulled straight into Dares of Eternity. PS4 is also making the game free for people without PS+, so this should be fun.

If it works like expansion content, new lights probably get sent to Cosmodrome first for the new light quest, but returning players (including new light players on their first login after getting off Cosmo) probably get sent straight into Dares - which is going to get them slaughtered if they are 1100. No idea why Dares has recommended level 1150, it only serves to gently caress over those people.

On another note, the Forsaken campaign going free and Dares existing means that F2P Destiny is now in much better shape than it's been in a while.
Campaign content: New Light and Forsaken
Playlists: Strike/Crucible/Gambit and certain Nightfalls
6-man: Dares of Eternity
Dungeon: Prophecy
Raid: Vault of Glass
plus the rotating/holiday content like IB, Dawning, etc.

That would actually be a respectable amount of content for a launch title.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Whats the best pulse for horses pulse rifle quest? I cant get kill count above 50%, tried outbreak perfected so far

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I really like the halo BR because it feels totally different to most of D2's pulses. Maybe I like it because I never really got the hang of pulses though.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tried that one as well, like I said around 50%

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Sekenr posted:

Whats the best pulse for horses pulse rifle quest? I cant get kill count above 50%, tried outbreak perfected so far

I like fast pulses cause you're competing to get the kills before someone else can dunk on them so it really sucks if you hit them with a slow pulse, leave them at like 5% and someone taps them. Usually roll with the the weird cyberpunk one from the splicer season or the Halo one but that feels a bit worse and I mostly used it for the novelty factor. Basically ignore getting kills with anything other than the pulse rifle until you hit your kill counts. The score requirement is super low and even with everyone goofing around, 160k is really easy to hit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Try graviton, it's not super great because horse games has so many yellow bars but the explosions do help getting extra kills. I got it without issue by ignoring objectives and clearing trash.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Any pulse should do if you just ignore mechanics and focus on killing adds, but pulses are pretty terrible for PvE so if you're struggling feel free to refund the bounty and pick one of the others.

A lot of the primary kill quests are going to become harder as more people learn how to do the first obstacle course. If you jump exactly when the golden half sphere on the spinning thing lines up with the static golden half sphere you'll get through the spinner every time, and then you can take your time walking over the star bridge. Getting through the top path gives you practically infinite heavy ammo for the entirety of the second room, so you can just spam fire rocket launchers and instakill everything.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Sekenr posted:

Tried that one as well, like I said around 50%

Just kill adds, ignore everything else.

Like go hunting for adds during boss DPS. You’ll make it easily.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Got it with graviton, thanks

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It might not be completely clear, but multikills with any weapon count for those bounties. It was actually trace rifle kills that got me the majority for the pulse and hand cannon ones.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Junkenstein posted:

It might not be completely clear, but multikills with any weapon count for those bounties. It was actually trace rifle kills that got me the majority for the pulse and hand cannon ones.

hmmm what? how this makes sense?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

frajaq posted:

Read the whole bounty, ya friggin goofus!!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

frajaq posted:

It's 'X Weapon' kills OR rapidly defeat opponents (with rapidly defeated opponents using X Weapon the quickets progress).

Butterbark on Wastelander makes it all wood!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Junkenstein posted:

Butterbark on Wastelander makes it all wood!

Yesssss best shader. That's why my motto is "Be Always Butterbarking Your Drops; It's Cool, Kids!"

I'm the BABYDICK man!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

It's 'X Weapon' kills OR rapidly defeat opponents (with rapidly defeated opponents using X Weapon the quickets progress).

That's a funny way of saying get the horsie approval buff and spam gjallarhorn until bounty is done.

wet hoodie sleeves
Dec 3, 2021

oh no
PS4 crashed to a blue screen on 2 consecutive Gambit matches, which I've never seen happen once before. Anyone else ever get this or is my PS4 most likely dying?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

wet hoodie sleeves posted:

PS4 crashed to a blue screen on 2 consecutive Gambit matches, which I've never seen happen once before. Anyone else ever get this or is my PS4 most likely dying?

Gambit crashes are now a Known Problem

https://twitter.com/a_dmg04/status/1468989779148636163?s=21

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Double posting: Xur is on Nessus selling a Seventh Seraph HC with Timed Payload and the Dead Orbit armor sets! Plus some other stuff.

wet hoodie sleeves
Dec 3, 2021

oh no

Thank you for this, Momma Needs Her Motes.

Related, why are there never any new Gambit maps?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Thank you for this, Momma Needs Her Motes.

Related, why are there never any new Gambit maps?

Same reason they don't add new Menagerie Encounters or Battlegrounds. It's Year 2 content and in maintenance mode, not active development.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

That's too bad, I love Gambit. Perfect mix of PVE/PVP in the same match. Go to their side if you want to wreck stuff, or kill adds while hiding from invaders because you're not optimized for PVP

wet hoodie sleeves
Dec 3, 2021

oh no

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

That's too bad, I love Gambit. Perfect mix of PVE/PVP in the same match. Go to their side if you want to wreck stuff, or kill adds while hiding from invaders because you're not optimized for PVP

Yep, superior game mode. A lot of very good players, it's a joy to get dropped into a team that knows what to do, at 100mph. I would like it back in active development, who do I send a letter to

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bite of the Fox with explosive rounds is also probably one of the most fun sniper rifles I've used.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Has it been determined what triggers the lightning round? I seem to get it all the time on the Vex one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Junkenstein posted:

Has it been determined what triggers the lightning round? I seem to get it all the time on the Vex one.

Random chance, and it's increased by high score and higher difficulty!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I dunno how I got flagged as a new light, but I haven't played since Halloween and when I loaded in, I was immediately forced into a Dares round. Sucked rear end, I was :350: and still had my halloween helmet on .

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Yep, superior game mode. A lot of very good players, it's a joy to get dropped into a team that knows what to do, at 100mph. I would like it back in active development, who do I send a letter to

easily the best game mode to enjoy a beer with friends over. a welcome respite from the tendency of D2 towards white knuckle game modes. wish they'd bring back prime :sigh:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Vampire Panties posted:

I dunno how I got flagged as a new light, but I haven't played since Halloween and when I loaded in, I was immediately forced into a Dares round. Sucked rear end, I was :350: and still had my halloween helmet on .

It does this to everyone.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I am hearing a LOT of negative feedback to the auto-loading Dares of Eternity when you first log in. I don't get it, personally. Is it just the principle of the thing? Like how getting frozen sucks?

(you can also just go to orbit as soon as you land, it's the same thing they did with the BL campaign)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I was like 'wait wut' and I thought I had clicked something when I hadnt, because :350:

I didn't mind, the Dares thing is cool, but i feel sorta bad for the dudes in my group because I was like 1176 light and it took getting through the whole event and going to 3rd person to realize I still had the halloween mask on. We got through it, no wipes, and I am only like 50/50 I would've caught that in orbit anyway. Also I could've fixed it at any point whatsoever, I just didnt realize until the very end.

Coming back to D2 after BF2042, I'm weirdly intimidated by finding a group and running the new dungeon. its a lot of work and coordination and talking with strangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Finally people are coming forward about this poo poo. I wish I'd been interviewed.

https://www.ign.com/articles/bungie-report-battle-soul-work-culture-harassment-crunch