Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

jisforjosh posted:

Quit at maybe like 40 hours played and was level 43 I think so yeah

26 hours, level 37

comedyblissoption posted:

angel is S tier best general char in the game

Equip the medical crate with Angel and it is your Gateway to POINTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Equip the medical crate with Angel and it is your Gateway to POINTS

Throw in some prox balls and you’ll be cheering

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

oh yah you can also use the crate to jump up to otherwise inaccessible areas to place beacons or w/e

getting on a cargo can massively boosts characters like sundance

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Don't forget you can actually teamkill, too.

It is so much fun dropping crates on building snipers

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
This time next week, everybody will be running the PKP, this thing is insane now

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
Maybe I am late to the party but it seems with Falck you can heal yourself faster if you just switch to your med gun and shoot the ground and switch back to your primary avoiding the self heal animation

mexi fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 11, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pharmaskittle posted:

Looking ahead and some unlocks, it looks like there's a "heavy" silencer that seems to do nothing but make the firepower even lower than the regular silencer???

I asked around and apparently the normal suppressor lowers your damage a bit, maybe .95x, while the heavy suppressor is like .9x
Normal suppressors keep you from being spotted when you fire until X distance ie if it's 20m, you can fire at 21m and stay hidden but if you are within 19m of the enemy you will be revealed on the minimap. No idea what the actual distance is though. Heavy suppressors keep you off the minimap no matter how close you are to the enemy.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Krogort posted:

This time next week, everybody will be running the PKP, this thing is insane now

Yeah, gave it a go today, even with no attachments. Its a beast.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Mega Comrade posted:

Yeah, gave it a go today, even with no attachments. Its a beast.

Within a day, Stodeh will maker a video about it, then everyone will be using it with the optimal attachments.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I asked around and apparently the normal suppressor lowers your damage a bit, maybe .95x, while the heavy suppressor is like .9x
Normal suppressors keep you from being spotted when you fire until X distance ie if it's 20m, you can fire at 21m and stay hidden but if you are within 19m of the enemy you will be revealed on the minimap. No idea what the actual distance is though. Heavy suppressors keep you off the minimap no matter how close you are to the enemy.

Oh interesting, thanks for looking into that! That's a neat little tactical depth that I really want to see in a game, and I wish the game spelled it out for you lol. That makes me wonder if the different under barrel grips that seem to do the same thing actually have minor differences!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mexi posted:

Maybe I am late to the party but it seems with Falck you can heal yourself faster if you just switch to your med gun and shoot the ground and switch back to your primary avoiding the self heal animation
you can also pre-emptively dart corners/walls you're going to peek out from so that when you unpeek you get healed ASAP

not sure if this red dots you for the enemy though lol

can do a similar thing for angel

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Booyah- posted:

it's pretty useless now, they adjusted too far in the nerf direction

Good. Snipers are scum

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Finally got around to upgrading my CPU, and I can confirm that going from 6 cores to 8 makes a massive difference. I used to get poo poo in every other close quarters fight due to frame drops, but now it's nice and smooth no matter how much poo poo is popping off.

Also yeah, the PKP is beastly. I didn't realize at first, but it's bottom attachment actually does work as a functional bipod. Once you get set up in some place, you can really lay down some fire.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What gun got nerfed besides the SVK?

The AK, SCAR and both LMGs had their initial vertical recoil reduced. The LMGs have less max spread. The Vektor seems to have gotten a buff to it's burst. All the SMGs got a hipfire buff.
The AK is good but I certainly wouldn't call it OP. Weapon balance is pretty good right now as basically every gun is viable at multiple ranges.

MY GODDAMN PROX MINES!!!!! :bahgawd::bahgawd::bahgawd::bahgawd:

Granted just spamming stuff with Angel has helped make up for things. Honestly the guns have gotten better or just the Auto Shotty is OP, because somehow I actually got the weekly challenge...which is usually not something I can do in past BFs.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Yeah, I'll fully admit that I liked just running around and spamming proxy nades into contested flags and racking up the points. Also, it helped my team!

Oh well.

Also I switched to the MP9 because I like to run n gun. My god that thing is a beast.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

prox nades were a great way to level, but now that I'm 60 I stick to smoke grenades for utility

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Booyah- posted:

prox nades were a great way to level, but now that I'm 60 I stick to smoke grenades for utility

I play Sundance a lot so I like rocking smokes myself and using the smoke GL underbarrel for rush/breakthrough.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
It's amazing how much good will DICE could build by just keeping Rush 2042 a permanent game modef, tweaking it so you switch sides at the end of a match, and putting it in the main "all out warfare" menu instead of hiding it in Portal.

Rush has been a staple mode in BF since 2008, keep the rotating game modes poo poo in Portal to gimmick stuff like zombies or whatever.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Rush is like 95% of my play hours going back to BF4.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

It's amazing how much good will DICE could build by just keeping Rush 2042 a permanent game modef, tweaking it so you switch sides at the end of a match, and putting it in the main "all out warfare" menu instead of hiding it in Portal.

Rush has been a staple mode in BF since 2008, keep the rotating game modes poo poo in Portal to gimmick stuff like zombies or whatever.

Just keeping lobbies together after every round would be a lot of good will

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Sad about the SVK because I love giant angry battle rifle loud sticks and I wanted its 20 round mag so bad because short range and holo sights are all I was using on it in the first place : (

If its going to be a 2+ hit kill the stock mag size needs to go up.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

do the effective range mods just change when the falloff damage starts and ends

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah, this I don't really care about. I really only want to interact with whoever's in my squad, not the 124 other people in the game asking for all-chat so they can type "Lets Go Brandon" over and over again.

There's a rumor that they might increase squad size to 8 in the future, which could be...interesting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Sad about the SVK because I love giant angry battle rifle loud sticks and I wanted its 20 round mag so bad because short range and holo sights are all I was using on it in the first place : (

If its going to be a 2+ hit kill the stock mag size needs to go up.

The default(high power) rounds are still 2 hit kill at any range. The only thing that changed on the SVK was the increase in how much the scope jumps up when you fire a shot. It takes longer to settle back to your target now. You can still shoot quickly, just not as fast as before if you want to kill stuff at long range. At close to mid range you can still kill people basically as fast as before since the scope jumping up doesn't matter too much at such short distances.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 12, 2021

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

I played a bunch of rush (or maybe breakthrough, can't remember but it was one of those because we were defenders every game) and I had the same team and squad like 5 games in a row

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

I played a bunch of rush (or maybe breakthrough, can't remember but it was one of those because we were defenders every game) and I had the same team and squad like 5 games in a row

Isn't Rush in Portal? Those stay together since it's a "server" technically compared to a continuously new spun up instance that All out Warfare modes do

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I just can't play Hourglass 128 anymore. Conquest or breakthrough, it's always a frustrating and unpleasant map to play. I quit every time it comes up.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Isn't Rush in Portal? Those stay together since it's a "server" technically compared to a continuously new spun up instance that All out Warfare modes do

ah yeah that makes sense

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

There's a rumor that they might increase squad size to 8 in the future, which could be...interesting.

I think that will be 8 in a "party". So maybe text or voice chat between 2 squads. They probably can't switch up the UI to increase squad size.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I really wish that they had vaguely set up the maps for Rush so that defenders had a minute to get set up and they weren't literally spawning defenders and attackers the same distance from objectives.

also it's weird af having essentially no defensive positions to defend from. I hope rush sticks around but holy poo poo they need to actually put some real effort into having it play like rush

e: one last lol that often attackers get multiple vehicles and defenders do not, which is just the stupidest poo poo for a mode that is meant to moderately favor the defender. generally in previous battlefields attackers would get vehicles to help push through extremely defensively strong points/choke points/open areas.

I'm glad rush is in the game, but it somehow manages to miss nearly all the things that made rush good. Instead it's like 'defend this flat area with zero fighting positions' and the rush meta is basically to see which team can get 15 redeploy beacons down by the objective first

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 12, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I think that will be 8 in a "party". So maybe text or voice chat between 2 squads. They probably can't switch up the UI to increase squad size.

Outside of general UI, the amount of pre and post round animations and screens would need complete reworking for more than 4 people.

Ideal would be 6 man Squads and 2 or 3 Squads to a party but that isn't happening.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I haven't looked at the portal options at all, could you put together like a squad deathmatch mode?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

I haven't looked at the portal options at all, could you put together like a squad deathmatch mode?

Definitely could, the only thing you can't really do is base a mode off of Conquest* and Breakthrough.

*you may be able to formulate some logic around a hidden bit being worth points when you're near it as a psuedo capture zone

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I just can't play Hourglass 128 anymore. Conquest or breakthrough, it's always a frustrating and unpleasant map to play. I quit every time it comes up.

On BT, the second sector in the villages is absolutely painful. You're always getting shot from one ridge or another and, in contrast with a lot of other parts of maps in-game, the buildings are basically explosive barrels waiting to collapse and kill you.

I really like the fight in the city sector though.

After playing a bit more now, I don't find myself actively despising as many of the maps as I did in BFV like Fjell or Hamada (except the Hourglass bit noted above). The removal of rooftop capture points in BT was clutch, too. I also actually *like* Renewal.

Gunplay is in a pretty good spot right now. Most guns are viable, but the PKP is the best all-rounder. As much as I hate to say it cuz I love it, the PKP probably needs to be toned down. Unless you're an MLG no scoper, there's really no reason to not use it for general purpose killing unless you want to be faster at killing close with an SMG.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I honestly can't say there's a single map I "hate" which is good because they only gave us 7 maps out of the gate (portal maps don't count to me).

I guess if I had to pick, Kaleidoscope is pretty boring to me gameplay wise and my least favorite map. I only play 128 conquest though, Breakthrough to me is like a worse Rush.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I think the final point on Hourglass Breakthrough is probably worse now that it's off the roof top. Good luck trying to defend it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

toggle posted:

I think the final point on Hourglass Breakthrough is probably worse now that it's off the roof top. Good luck trying to defend it.

Haven't played since I uninstalled but did they move the capture point into the lobby? Guessing it's just attackers now spamming explosives and vehicles empty rounds into an enclosed space

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

Haven't played since I uninstalled but did they move the capture point into the lobby? Guessing it's just attackers now spamming explosives and vehicles empty rounds into an enclosed space

No its completely in the open now. No cover, so just a slaughter really.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

toggle posted:

No its completely in the open now. No cover, so just a slaughter really.

I thought it's in the lobby of one of the buildings? The one with the curved ramp inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

DrBox posted:

I thought it's in the lobby of one of the buildings? The one with the curved ramp inside.

Hmm ok? I just played a round and the last point was out in the open