Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm not paying attention is Riley coaching tonight

No, I'm not sure if he's even there?

He said he'd be watching but that sounds like...well maybe he's just hanging out at home watching. Who knows. I'd assume they'd have shown him at some point if he was in the stadium, maybe they did since I'm not paying a lot of attention either.

e: now that I think about it he might be being trying to be respectful to the current staff and not upstaging them if he's for real not in the stadium? Not a lot of them are going to be invited to stick around I'm guessing.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

lol

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
just marching down the field with purpose. How you like it now Trojans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright I decided I'd stick this out but you really did not need to call a time out for the last kneel...oh they wanted to get some guy in there. Ok cool, whatever.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
till next year, Pac 12!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

augias posted:

Untrue what about tue one were theres no lyrics and everyone does a stupid choreo singing du du dudu duduudu. U know the one if you were in the student section

That's Seven Nation Army.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I bet on the under so you are welcomed for the highest scoring army navy game in history

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1469766454669201415

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm almost as disappointed at the passing game being kinda effective as I am that the passing game exists here.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
unsportsmanlike conduct on the troops

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Shameful penalties

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trying to break an ankle being 15 yards if it's even called anmoys the poo poo out of me

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Completed passes in an Army or Navy game are confusing to me, let alone the Army/Navy game itself. I don't like it. Not one bit.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The gently caress you doing, Army? Stop those squids.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe an unpopular take, but I wish Army and Navy would just wear their normal uniforms in this game, and also that the military would overthrow our government.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

General Dog posted:

Maybe an unpopular take, but I wish Army and Navy would just wear their normal uniforms in this game, and also that the military would overthrow our government.

Some years they both have unis that absolutely kick rear end in terms of design and colors.

This is not one of those years

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

General Dog posted:

They got it good why would they do this?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Crusaders goooo!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What would they do with this game if one of the teams was ever in contention for an NY6 bid?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Oh my god, I forgot all about Diego Fagot

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Go ... Navy? Which one is wearing that Patriots jerseys?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Army so many passes you deserve to lose

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

What would they do with this game if one of the teams was ever in contention for an NY6 bid?

IIRC when the CFP started they basically said they didn't care about that hippie crap and would never ever move the game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Army would have had a first down if either of the two WRs on the left had just turned back on their routes on that trick play

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PostNouveau posted:

Army would have had a first down if either of the two WRs on the left had just turned back on their routes on that trick play

Never passing makes your receivers not so good?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

IIRC when the CFP started they basically said they didn't care about that hippie crap and would never ever move the game.

Yeah I guess the more appropriate question is what does the committee do. Do they give a conditional bid and reconvene and name someone else if they lose?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Never passing makes your receivers not so good?

:hai:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It’s far past time we give UMHB the same respect at DIII that Mount Union and WI-Whitewater get.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I wouldn’t say “time is not a factor” for a triple option team with 3 minutes and no timeouts left

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

NO SIR

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Stuffed!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Navy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The under win the under won!!!!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

0.5 short in NYC

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're measuring? He wasn't even close

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

They're measuring? He wasn't even close

It made for good television though

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Now Fagot belongs to the ages

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Those gray coats are so sick

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

General Dog posted:

Oh my god, I forgot all about Diego Fagot

lmao he didn't know the fake punt was coming, the snapper just hucked it directly at his head & it's a miracle he caught it and ran for the first down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

General Dog posted:

Yeah I guess the more appropriate question is what does the committee do. Do they give a conditional bid and reconvene and name someone else if they lose?

IIRC this question came up a couple years ago when Navy was having a really good season and the committee said that if there was the potential for one of those teams to make the NY6, they'd delay the ranking until after the Army/Navy game.