Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The OutsideXbox team are good in that the aren't too overbearing or shriek-y as presenters.

yep, one of my guilty pleasures in the mostly insufferable gaming youtube landscape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

3d printer but for meat

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

man in the eyeball hat posted:

3d printer but for meat

that's called a uterus

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bored with the halo infinite campaign already

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

i don't like game controllers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

i only play games on my switch/phone/tablet pretty much. pc gaming sounds like a tremendous pita to me.

its only a pain in the rear end right now because there are shortages of pretty much every component

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Fool posted:

bored with the halo infinite campaign already

halo did not need to be open world. it just feel so rote. ubisoft made this.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

carry on then posted:

halo did not need to be open world. it just feel so rote. ubisoft made this.

Master chief injecting malaria drugs every 5 minutes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

do they have you unlocking towers? if so lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

shoeberto posted:

Master chief injecting malaria drugs every 5 minutes

far cry 2 still has some of the best game systems to this day and its a travesty how bad ubisoft hosed up the engine.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

do they have you unlocking towers? if so lol

you clear FOBs, it's totally different

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

shoeberto posted:

Master chief activating the jackoff routine every 5 minutes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

did anyone ever say mastur chief

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

jesus WEP posted:

did anyone ever say mastur chief

the master chief suit jerks him off

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm enjoying it and i've never been into halos before

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Fart Sandwiches posted:

the master chief suit jerks him off

It's canon in the novels. Wikia has a nice summary: https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Spartan_Masturbation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nickisdoge/status/1467325820045770755

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

shoeberto posted:

It's canon in the novels. Wikia has a nice summary: https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Spartan_Masturbation

it's been removed :(

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

holy poo poo they're making a Homeworld 3

The Fool posted:

tried out halo infinite campaign and released that a lot has happened in the halo universe since I last played halo2

I had to go and look up how many games there were because I think I forgot halo 3 and 4 entirely, or merged them. which one had the angry orange robots? that one wasn't as good as the others.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you’re probably thinking of 4

that was when the franchise was moved to another studio and they decided to base the new game plot on the tie-in novels, which had been left to their own devices for far too long

it was the same studio that eventually made infinite which people seem to like so I guess they learned their lesson

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

holy poo poo they're making a Homeworld 3

hell yeah now im pumped

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lightbulb Out posted:

hell yeah now im pumped

I thought deserts of kharak was a bit short and filler like but drat was hw2 so good.

if they keep the BWOOOOP noise when you go to the tactical map I'm sold

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Homeworld 1 was one of those games what I loved but sucked too hard at to enjoy.

wasn't it possible to gently caress yourself over if you captured too many vessels in a particular mission? like five missions later you'd suddenly get an insurmountable force because the game auto-scaled up?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/FPSthetics/status/1469478776102871046?s=20

also the op should have done this obv:

https://twitter.com/fart_land/status/1469491024447815683

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

you’re probably thinking of 4

that was when the franchise was moved to another studio and they decided to base the new game plot on the tie-in novels, which had been left to their own devices for far too long

it was the same studio that eventually made infinite which people seem to like so I guess they learned their lesson

i think most people saying its good have mostly been playing the multiplayer

this time a bunch of stuff happens between the last game and this one but i can't tell yet if i'm meant to have read some books or if they're slow-rolling the backstory

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

we finally have a non-poo poo non-janky halo multiplayer experience on PC and that's why everyone is generally happy about infinite really

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kazinsal posted:

we finally have a non-poo poo non-janky halo multiplayer experience on PC and that's why everyone is generally happy about infinite really

the master chief collection had good multi

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

yeah I played a shitload with a friend of mine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

Homeworld 1 was one of those games what I loved but sucked too hard at to enjoy.

wasn't it possible to gently caress yourself over if you captured too many vessels in a particular mission? like five missions later you'd suddenly get an insurmountable force because the game auto-scaled up?

i think that was definitely the case in some early patches of homeworld 2.

homeworld 1 my recollection is the opposite. i just would send a swarm of salvage corvettes and attack bombers at any capital ship; use the bombers to take out the engines while the enemy focuses on them because they're the immediate threat, and then 10 seconds later oops you have 6 corvettes locked on and you are coming back with me now. i ended up with more taiidan capital ships than my own

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Improbable Lobster posted:

mcc is the best remaster of a game i've played, the new graphics are nice but the originals are a button press away at any time (and running in 60fps widescreen)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

new graphics are nice but the originals are a button press away at any time

yeah, that was a pretty cool feature. i didn't discover it till halfway through halo 1. amazing that they were able to do the transition so seamlessly.

best remaster of any game i've played is tomb raider: anniversary, but that's more of a remake

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Sagebrush posted:

i think that was definitely the case in some early patches of homeworld 2.

homeworld 1 my recollection is the opposite. i just would send a swarm of salvage corvettes and attack bombers at any capital ship; use the bombers to take out the engines while the enemy focuses on them because they're the immediate threat, and then 10 seconds later oops you have 6 corvettes locked on and you are coming back with me now. i ended up with more taiidan capital ships than my own

salvage corvettes were great, they could grab manoeuvring enemy corvettes too.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
finished endwalker, It was good.

time to put down this single-player-rpg-with-a-login-queue until the next expansion pack

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hit 100 shrines in botw. kinda running out of motivation to find the rest myself, might use a guide for the remaining. might finish upgrading a couple more armour sets as well before i put it away. farming lynel and hinox stuff is decent fun, the dragon horn/scale/claws not so much

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

hit 100 shrines in botw. kinda running out of motivation to find the rest myself, might use a guide for the remaining. might finish upgrading a couple more armour sets as well before i put it away. farming lynel and hinox stuff is decent fun, the dragon horn/scale/claws not so much

The worst shrines are the motion control ones. I always have to cheese those.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah they really suck. slightly better in handheld, absolutely miserable with pro controller

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk man with the controller you
can spin it without being unable to see the screen. doing that poo poo handheld was some of the least fun i've had in a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jesus WEP posted:

my son and i beat the game in his play through a while back and i lost interest in finishing off my save. skyrim is helping to scratch that itch now tho.