Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/fr_aquilini/status/1469836367043518465?s=21

hahahhaahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

I’m gonna be honest as a born and raised Canadian who has lived in Canada all my life and has a literal degree in women’s studies i do not give remotely a poo poo whether an anthem singer says “in all of us” or “in all thy sons”

And i sincerely doubt anyone else cares either, it just doesn’t matter AT ALL

Living in Seattle these years hearing it for the first time at the home opener was actually kind of shocking. I had no idea they'd changed it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Living in Seattle these years hearing it for the first time at the home opener was actually kind of shocking. I had no idea they'd changed it.

Yeah, to make what I meant clearer: it’s good that the lyrics to Oh Canada changed, but people were talking as if there was some possible great controversy over someone singing the older version of the anthem.

I don’t think there needs to be any controversy over someone getting mixed up and singing the incorrect version of Oh Canada is all, it’s not a big deal and people make mistakes.

I was responding to the thread’s discussion, not the other line that was missed going by the transcript of the singer’s mistake posted here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Playing Civ 6 got the Canadian anthem stuck in my head on loop for like two weeks. It is a deceptively brain worm melody.

Can't say the same about anyone else's anthem so that a point for Canadian supremacy I guess?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Arivia posted:

Yeah, to make what I meant clearer: it’s good that the lyrics to Oh Canada changed, but people were talking as if there was some possible great controversy over someone singing the older version of the anthem.

No one suggested any such thing, someone said "lol the Blues anthem singer got the words wrong" and I asked if it was an old person forgetting that the two words changed or if they just botched an entire line, and it turned out to be the latter which is extra hilarious, hope that helps.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

xzzy posted:

Playing Civ 6 got the Canadian anthem stuck in my head on loop for like two weeks. It is a deceptively brain worm melody.

Can't say the same about anyone else's anthem so that a point for Canadian supremacy I guess?

The Civ 5 arrangement of the Swedish anthem is :discourse:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Hang your heads in shame, Flyers

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

No one should care about national anthems period.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

grack posted:

Hang your heads in shame, Flyers

Jim Benning smiles to himself.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Jehde posted:

No one should care about national anthems period.

Try telling this to Tyler Motte, who enthusiastically sings along with the anthems (including O Canada, despite being American). He's the only NHLer I can think of who does this.

goldrush fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 12, 2021

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

I was positive this was a Mrbooth post and thankfully he thought the same and copied the post as well. Francesco is tired of his good name being sullied!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What's this I hear about MAF MAFfing again?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

It was the other guy this time

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

CBJSprague24 posted:

MAF taught the new kid some veteran moves.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Too early to say for sure that Barrett Hayton sucks as bad as he seems to, but it has been long enough to say John Chayka was a jabroni for taking him that early

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

I was positive this was a Mrbooth post and thankfully he thought the same and copied the post as well. Francesco is tired of his good name being sullied!!

Ditto I had to check like three times. Aquilini is just the weirdest, pettiest dude for some reason. Why did he feel the need to nuke all the good will he's earned over the past week? Did he seriously think when people said "clear house" they were referring to literally everyone in management including longtime staffers who clearly just do administrative roles? It's pretty clear people meant the decision makers, 99% of Canucks fans have never heard of Chris Gear.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Give them a loser point for your system's failure.

Got ya fam

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Devils are loving pathetic.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

mcmagic posted:

The Devils are loving pathetic.

Thanks for the dub!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Not Important posted:

Thanks for the dub!

Enjoy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/travieballin26/status/1469869422068260869?s=21

:buddy:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Worth seeing Kyle Dubas’ reaction to the Leafs go-ahead goal

https://twitter.com/jtbourne/status/1469858608959664131?s=20

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Apparently Keefe said this about Justin Holl the other day, in response to the question "What are you hoping to see from Justin Holl as he looks to get his season back on track?":

Sheldon Keefe posted:

The biggest thing is getting back to his game, which for me, includes utilizing his speed and length defensively to close on people and defend that way. Also, offensively, it’s using his speed and reach to get out of trouble, move the puck up to the forwards quickly and efficiently.

Right now, I think he is in his head a little bit in terms of what is the right play at the right time. That tends to happen when the season isn’t going the way that you would like it to.

Like we have talked about and established, he is an important player for us. We have moved the pairings around a little bit throughout the season and did again today, as we did last night. It doesn’t change the fact that he is an important guy for us that takes on a lot of difficult assignments. He plays a lot of difficult minutes for us. He was doing so when our team was playing at its best.

We are taking more of a balanced approach here with Sandin being out, but it doesn’t change the fact that Hollsy is an important guy.

I bolded the key bits. Now working backwards... Hollsy? If we had a guy named Ball, what would you call him?

Secondly, the season isn't going the way you'd like? Was anyone expecting a point percentage above .700 or what?

Lastly, his speed?!! Look, you wouldn't ask Jason Allison to use his speed to his advantage.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's really hard to watch them play. They're soft and they don't have a good understanding of whatever the gently caress system Ruff is trying to have them play (one of the slower processing teams, hockey IQ wise that I've ever seen play). Dougie Hamilton, goaltending, and a modicum of offensive talent is going to keep them out of the basement but that's about it.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Ditto I had to check like three times. Aquilini is just the weirdest, pettiest dude for some reason. Why did he feel the need to nuke all the good will he's earned over the past week? Did he seriously think when people said "clear house" they were referring to literally everyone in management including longtime staffers who clearly just do administrative roles? It's pretty clear people meant the decision makers, 99% of Canucks fans have never heard of Chris Gear.

It is rather petty, and I’m not really sure it’s in his interest, but the sudden about face for two guys who nobody knows didn’t make a lot of sense. I said a few pages ago it smells like reporters lost their sources, and the very fact that it is staying a story doesn’t make me reconsider that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

T-Bone posted:

It's really hard to watch them play. They're soft and they don't have a good understanding of whatever the gently caress system Ruff is trying to have them play (one of the slower processing teams, hockey IQ wise that I've ever seen play). Dougie Hamilton, goaltending, and a modicum of offensive talent is going to keep them out of the basement but that's about it.

I have a hard time believing these guys are just uncoachable especially after they looked actually like a decent team early in the season. They clearly need to shake something up though because it’s not working.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Stars home games been doing it for years

Yes, we all know the Stars copied the Avs on this.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

It is rather petty, and I’m not really sure it’s in his interest, but the sudden about face for two guys who nobody knows didn’t make a lot of sense. I said a few pages ago it smells like reporters lost their sources, and the very fact that it is staying a story doesn’t make me reconsider that.

I think you're spot on with the lost sources thing. I don't understand why Aquilini needed to respond to it at all though. It just makes him seen insanely thin skinned after his team was getting positive local media coverage for the first time in five years.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
all major sports team owners should have twitter imo

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Their forwards really are so soft.

I feel like the Devils have been amateurs learning how to play hockey for the past 8 years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fawning deference posted:

Their forwards really are so soft.

I feel like the Devils have been amateurs learning how to play hockey for the past 8 years.

I feel like they have 3 top 6 forwards on a good team with Bratt, Hughes and Nico. Zacha and McLoud are 3rd and 4th liners on a good team and the rest are just guys.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
The Devils were doing good until PK stopped slewfooting people.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

VOTE1 posted:

Wouldn’t buffalo be secretly happy, can tell everyone they should have got a point/won but don’t hurt their draft spot.
Yes. But blown calls in 2 games in a row is rough.

The Milano high stick and now this offsides.

The offsides is worse. The refs got the call correct on the ice and then the situation room called in for a forced review to incorrectly overturn the play.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Damien Cox continues to be the dumbest fucker on the planet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DamoSpin/status/1470060788702453762

Let's see how long it takes him to delete this tweet falling for an obvious fake account post.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Something I've wondered about for a while. Because going to OT magically makes the game 50% more valuable in the standings, in any inter-conference matchup (i.e. the two teams are in no way competing with each other for playoff spots) there's always an obvious benefit to both teams if the game goes to OT. Has anyone ever actually looked at the results and seen whether in fact inter-conference games more frequently go to OT?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I still think teams should get 3 points for a regulation win. 3pts awarded per game regardless of the outcome

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

No shootout, 10 mins of 5v5 OT and no loser points. There I fixed hockey.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I personally like 3v3 and the shootout, but whevs

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

3v3 stinks. And no it’s not because my favorite team stinks at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Alex Biega sure is a name I haven't heard in a few years.