Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Was dark void any good

No, oh my goodness no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

everyone made fun of how the trailer looked so they made it so it doesn't even launch without 4GB of vram

lol imagine having only 4gb vram. i wouldnt even post on a machine that weak

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FirstAidKite posted:

Was dark void any good

there was a Nintendo DS retro styled shooter called Dark Void Zero released as part of the games promotion, it wasn't anything special and was also about ten million times better than dark void

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

dark sector falls firmly into the category of "360 shooters that have an idea even if its a bad one" like, fracture and timeshift

Dark Sector is notable for being in dev hell for forever, getting overhauled, and then having its original concept and assets reworked to make Warframe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsLrcTNfO8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was dark sector the game with the throwing glaive?

Barudak posted:

No, oh my goodness no

What about dark watch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Disposable Scud posted:

lmfao this future SUCKS

https://twitter.com/ufolandings/status/1469546053376557057

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

a few days ago i finally beat soul melter ex (and also got 100% completion) in kirby star allies.... great sale game imo

now to finish up with nocturnes freedom ending and then aa3...!!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I got to 2600m in Skate or Don't last night
https://crypticsea.itch.io/skate-or-dont

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Disposable Scud posted:

lmfao this future SUCKS
Just ignore the NFT bullshit it'll crash soon enough

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They made an 8 bit spinoff of Dark Void that was being presented as a fictional NES game that the main game was like a reboot of, and from what I've heard, a lot of people think it's better than the actual game.

Kinda like how Bionic Commando Rearmed was way better than Bionic Commando Wife Arm

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Grouchio posted:

Just ignore the NFT bullshit it'll crash soon enough

why would I ignore such a constant source of comedy

Waffleman_ posted:

They made an 8 bit spinoff of Dark Void that was being presented as a fictional NES game that the main game was like a reboot of, and from what I've heard, a lot of people think it's better than the actual game.

Kinda like how Bionic Commando Rearmed was way better than Bionic Commando Wife Arm

or like bloodstained

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

they should be using the fuckin mario world sprite it doesn't maaaaatch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's all anachronistic anyway because it's supposed to be a representation of 1964

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://i.imgur.com/nb8HOOx.mp4

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hold up, Idris Elba is actually playing Knuckles. I thought that was just a meme

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Who is Idris Elba I'm out of the loop

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

V handsome, pretty talented black actor who hasn’t been in too many good movies

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
His best roles are in TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaOmJiVg_ew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpsjGBuwLuk

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Oh I see, that's pretty cool.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The glaive in Dark Sector was cool. Dark Void had a fun idea but whiffed it really hard. Darkwatch is a really cool FPS that feels like it had content cut from it. I remember it opening up, giving me two missions to select and after that its the endgame already.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Bionic commando was also an ok game I played on my zx spectrum in probably the late 80's or maybe early 90's. I think it was on commodore 64 and maybe arcade too but idk. Is that "wife arm" or is wife arm some other reboot/sequel?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

No, oh my goodness no

I played it for free back when they were testing the " games with ads built in" . I played through the first mission and never again, even for free it wasn't worth my time.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

redreader posted:

Bionic commando was also an ok game I played on my zx spectrum in probably the late 80's or maybe early 90's. I think it was on commodore 64 and maybe arcade too but idk. Is that "wife arm" or is wife arm some other reboot/sequel?

Reboot. Cool swinging, bad everything else.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
all this dark shooter talk reminds me of Clive barker's jericho, a real piece of trash

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Was dark sector the game with the throwing glaive?

What about dark watch

Dark Watch is repetitive and trips over its own shoes with the late 90s early 2000's nu-metal edgyness and attitude towards women. Fun enough, though, at the time and could have used a sequel (it sold well enough for one)

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Relax Or DIE posted:

all this dark shooter talk reminds me of Clive barker's jericho, a real piece of trash

There is a fanpatch/mod that improves it, like making the enemies less spongy and auto-solving the horrible QTEs. Doesn't fix the art direction though...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Shin Megami Tensei V. Please give me a PC port, and SMTVI now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wow One Piece has a shitload of story. This already very long game is in between each arc giving me a cutscene which papers over one or two other complete arcs in between.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Wow One Piece has a shitload of story. This already very long game is in between each arc giving me a cutscene which papers over one or two other complete arcs in between.

That reminds me of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV, which has 50+ hours of cutscenes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

after decompressing for a couple of days im prepared to decide that final fantasy 14 endwalker is in fact goty. I know, I can't believe it either. I can't think of many things that have been running for as long as ff14, that have ended as satisfactorily and conclusively as things end up by the time the credits roll on endwalker

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeXReX posted:

why would I ignore such a constant source of comedy

Yeah I wouldn't have shared Peter Molyneux's new bullshit if I didn't find it as funny as I do depressing.

"Earning and Owning your gameplay" has got to be the most Peter Molyneux phrase ever.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

punk rebel ecks posted:

From Software has essentially made variations of the same game template for over a dozen years now.

Yeah, that rules!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

So I haven't bought console peripherals in years. If I want to get a PS5 controller for my PC:

1: What cable do they take? Is it the chunky USB-C that android phones take?

2: What price should I be expecting? Like $40? I see an Amazon one for $60, is that normal?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It uses USB-C and the price for a new one is typically $69.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the label price for a ps5 controller brand new is 70 bones. you can find them for 55-60 but i dont think you're gonna get them cheaper than that, at least not factoring in shipping too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I watched the Matrix Awakens demo of the Unreal Engine, with what not being able to play it, since despite booming PC gaming, here we are still with console exclusives. Even for a goddamn tech demo.

Anyway, it seems generally nice, at least when it comes to building large detailed worlds, but the characters, at least in context of attempting photorealistic ones, it's still the eyes and wrinkles in the face that are wrong, and there seemed to be insufficient to no SSS (e.g. ears in bright sunlight).

Also, nice attempt at trying to fool us by switching between footage and the metahuman Reeves. Didn't work.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just want from software to put out a king's field remake/remaster of the ps1 trilogy

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

FirstAidKite posted:

I just want from software to put out a king's field remake/remaster of the ps1 trilogy

also armored core collection, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And shadow tower. And echo night.