Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
best not to talk about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if there was a way for me to use machine learning to never get a YouTube with an open mouthed white guy in the thumbnail again that would be the first good use of the technology

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

qirex posted:

if there was a way for me to use machine learning to never get a YouTube with an open mouthed white guy in the thumbnail again that would be the first good use of the technology

The closest I know is the BlockTube expansion, which you can set up to block all videos with the keywords you put into it (and optionally all videos of certain lengths, auto playlists, etc) - and nuking videos or channels is added to the context menu, and will automatically also "not interested" them additionally. It's a godsend.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
or just use addblock to block every part of youtube except for the video

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sanity tip turn off autoplay not just on YouTube but everywhere [you can’t turn it off on netflix]

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

qirex posted:

sanity tip turn off autoplay not just on YouTube but everywhere [you can’t turn it off on netflix]

I want to say you can but only on one specific client, and I forget if it's the app or the website

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

SubG posted:

yeah, if there's anything i hate about video games it's the fact that they don't meticulously recapitulate the systemic inequalities caused by capitalist rentseeking in the real world

like the average player, they want to be a wizard in a high fantasy world or like a space marine in a science fiction setting and they want that because they're seeking to become a tiny cog in a corporate machine making money for some faceless schmuck who owns everything. loving nailed it, blockchain ghouls. that is absolutely what everyone wants

not that anyone should aim to recreate this experience, but the key missing detail is that the rentseeking bullshit in successful mmos came after the game was established as something popular and attractive enough that people placed real value on virtual belongings

apparently nobody at fmeta thought "ok after we've presold all the land and billboards to corporations, what makes this virtual world more appealing than a television commercial"

what's with the conspicuous two-floor houses in all the thumbnails, is this a goon thing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fisting by many posted:

what's with the conspicuous two-floor houses in all the thumbnails, is this a goon thing

most alt-right gateway youtubers live in buttfuck nowhere where a mcmansion costs 250k

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
benedict cumberbatch is going to press alt+s 100 times and make bitcoin explode, and he is my hero for that

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

benedict cumberbatch, please

my tokens yearn for fungibility

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

secretly best girl posted:

I want to say you can but only on one specific client, and I forget if it's the app or the website

You can it’s a global account setting: https://www.netflix.com/settings/playback

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1469559974577770496

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1469529044865613826

Another crypto bro comes close to getting it. Will it stick?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

they just can't keep off the nazi poo poo can they?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/fancysandwiches/status/1468249416473718792

https://mobile.twitter.com/fancysandwiches/status/1468256535948283920

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

why on earth does the incredibly wealthy heir to John Lennon’s buckets of money need to shill NFTs ffs?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the idle rich of successful artist parents are huge marks. it's practically required they be a sucker for schemes by greedy sycophants

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1469529044865613826

Another crypto bro comes close to getting it. Will it stick?
lol the capital gains

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
saying the quiet part loud
https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/1469677423423799302

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

The dollars in your pocket are also a ponzi scheme?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

At least we've moved on from denial.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/EthPrayag/status/1469704980814868484

So apparently it didn't actually come from McDonald's, but now that it's there no one can get rid of it because blockchain. This is good for bitcoin.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

don't worry, mcdonald themselves didn't write the racial slur that's now eternally tied to one of their promotions, so nfts and blockchain are actually good!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

*someone carves a racial slur on a store front in giant magic letters that can never be removed or covered up*

"no see it's fine, we didn't put it there so it shouldn't affect you wanting to shop with us!"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

*someone carves a racial slur on a store front in giant magic letters that can never be removed or covered up*

"no see it's fine, we didn't put it there so it shouldn't affect you wanting to shop with us!"

The blockchain has evolved to become strong enough to write and verify itself

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
it's important to consider the provenance of all the n words in the contract before coming to a valuation of the nft as a whole

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

The thing is, it won't actually affect McDonald's. 99.99% of people will never hear about this or even know what an NFT is. It's more like someone carved a magic slur on the back side of one of their trays.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Paladinus posted:

The thing is, it won't actually affect McDonald's. 99.99% of people will never hear about this or even know what an NFT is. It's more like someone carved a magic slur on the back side of one of their trays.

it won't, but the marketing department probably won't do another nft promo. and the marketing departments of other companies might think twice about it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

i would guarantee you none of these nft runs are coming out of marketing

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

Also McDonalds bought the magic letters themselves and told everyone to look forward to the exciting unveiling.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Armitag3 posted:

The dollars in your pocket are also a ponzi scheme?
someday when congress forgets to put a stamp on the latest debt ceiling bill before mailing it to the white house, you'll see

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

smellmycheese posted:

why on earth does the incredibly wealthy heir to John Lennon’s buckets of money need to shill NFTs ffs?

Almost none of these people actually need money. They're just too weak to turn down blatant money grabs. I guess it's to be expected when people are dropping 5 figures to own the rights to a GIF.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/kazekero/status/1469844144835158026

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

njsykora posted:

i would guarantee you none of these nft runs are coming out of marketing

why? who else would be in charge of a promotion?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

the bosses that are actually making money off it by using said promotions to pump and dump their crypto holdings

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oil death bich

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

https://twitter.com/seanonolennon/status/1466088992793890819

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

because regular NFT's are too uwu cute, that's why :confused:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that's a joke account set up to do exactly that

it's a good joke though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

is that a picture of a machine shredding a hundred dollar bill because it sure looks like that