Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Do not ever underestimate the malice or the dishonesty of the Daily Mail. It supported Hitler right up until doing so would have had the editors tried for treason, and it hasn't improved since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I don't think the Daily Mail would make up court documents. I think they would break the law to get salacious court documents, and I think if offered salacious court documents they would be less diligent than other newspapers in making sure they were real, but I don't think they would invent them whole cloth.

Treat the Daily Mail with the same or less credulity as you would an officer of the Chicago PD.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Treat the Daily Mail with the same or less credulity as you would an officer of the Chicago PD.

Oh, well gently caress them then.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, we don't need the Daily Mail to tell us that Marilyn Manson is a piece of poo poo so :shrug:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

edogawa rando posted:

Billy Elliot doesn't come out of it smelling of roses either, but at least he didn't threaten to gently caress an eight year-old boy.

Nothing in that story makes Jamie Bell seem bad at all.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Nothing in that story makes Jamie Bell seem bad at all.

I suppose, if you ignore him going on record that he doesn't believe victims of abuse.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think maybe that is an unreasonable stance to take when the man is trying to regain custody of his child who his ex-wife, for whatever reason, unilaterally took away from him.

Whatever Manson may have done or threatened, ghosting Bell's kid out of his life seems just a tiny bit not good.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 13, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So it turns out that Ansel Elgort is a sex pest and naturally Disney tried to go on damage control by having him do a bunch of cutesy bullshit on TV.

quote:

Instead, Disney has engaged in a dexterous press strategy to put Elgort in the public eye in a way that has minimized any possible fallout. It’s helped that Elgort has been an enthusiastic participant in the “West Side Story” press tour. Along with talking with James Corden, Elgort appeared on “The Drew Barrymore Show,” presented on the American Music Awards, participated in dozens of interviews during the global press junket and walked the full press line at the New York City premiere.

He has not, however, sat for the kind of in-depth, one-on-one interviews one would expect of the star of a movie of this stature: no feature profiles or cover stories, no lengthy podcast interviews, nothing in which he would almost certainly have been asked about the assault allegation. His junket interviews were also grouped with other actors, further protecting Elgort from the potential of uncomfortable questions. And while he has posted a few times to Instagram about “West Side Story,” he’s stayed off Twitter entirely, preventing him from promoting the film to his 3.3 million followers there.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/ansel-elgort-west-side-story-assault-allegation-1235131496/

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I was wondering which talk show host would be accomplice to the blatant whitewashing and of course it’s loving James Corden

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CPL593H posted:

So it turns out that Ansel Elgort is a sex pest and naturally Disney tried to go on damage control by having him do a bunch of cutesy bullshit on TV.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/ansel-elgort-west-side-story-assault-allegation-1235131496/

Biscuits Braxby is real and James Corden is one of them.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

I was wondering which talk show host would be accomplice to the blatant whitewashing and of course it’s loving James Corden

lol James Corden is the guy who would tell the alien invaders he can help round up conspirators. All doing carpool karaoke with Crythos the Childeater sitting next to him

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

lol James Corden is the guy who would tell the alien invaders he can help round up conspirators. All doing carpool karaoke with Crythos the Childeater sitting next to him

Now I wish this was what his character on Doctor Who was.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Corden strikes me as even more gutless than Fallon, which is saying something

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Which is ironic, because he has so much gut.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Best comment I ever saw about Corden is that he's the guy who betrayed humanity to be put back in the matrix for money and fame.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

davidspackage posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremysmiles/status/1431712594277060611

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ferrous posted:

Best comment I ever saw about Corden is that he's the guy who betrayed humanity to be put back in the matrix for money and fame.

You mean the single most rational character in that movie? That seems to be giving Corden too much credit.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

You mean the single most rational character in that movie? That seems to be giving Corden too much credit.

I don't believe that was the point, no.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ferrous posted:

I don't believe that was the point, no.

I know. I’m saying Corden is far worse than Cypher.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 13, 2021

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

I know. I’m saying Corden is far worse than Cypher.

That's fair. If nothing else, he succeeded. :v:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Nassar abuse survivors reach $380 million settlement with USA Gymnastics
https://sports.yahoo.com/nassar-survivors-reach-380-million-settlement-with-usa-gymnastics-194745758.html

Chris Cuomo’s CNN producer charged with luring girls for ‘sexual’ training
https://nypost.com/2021/12/11/chris-cuomo-cnn-producer-john-griffin-charged-with-luring-girls/

At Ghislaine Maxwell sex trafficking trial, lurid photos from Epstein home barred by judge
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article256325897.html

'Sternheim called Epstein a “21st century James Bond” who was charismatic and generous.'

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

goddamn that Cuomo producer story is loving awful, just abysmal poo poo goddamn.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Shageletic posted:

goddamn that Cuomo producer story is loving awful, just abysmal poo poo goddamn.

It's like a nest of rats they uncovered. Unbelievable.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zogo posted:

'Sternheim called Epstein a “21st century James Bond” who was charismatic and generous.'

That's an, uh, interesting choice of comparison. (In addition to the obvious reasons, Maxwell's father was apparently an MI6/KGB/Mossad triple agent.)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Silver2195 posted:

That's an, uh, interesting choice of comparison. (In addition to the obvious reasons, Maxwell's father was apparently an MI6/KGB/Mossad triple agent.)

Epstein probably was too https://www.mintpressnews.com/shocking-origins-jeffrey-epstein-blackmail-roy-cohn/260621/

Also did you know that one of Epstein’s fake passports had him as an Austrian citizen, with a Saudi address. The address was a house owned by Adnan Khashoggi, who secured the passport, and was the uncle of Jamal Khasshogi, the guy the Saudis chopped up in the embassy basement for anti House of Saud activism. He was also a founder of the extremely not insane https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_Club , laundered the money the Marcoses looted from the Philippines, and helped broker the Iran Contra deals.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DeimosRising posted:

Epstein probably was too https://www.mintpressnews.com/shocking-origins-jeffrey-epstein-blackmail-roy-cohn/260621/

Also did you know that one of Epstein’s fake passports had him as an Austrian citizen, with a Saudi address. The address was a house owned by Adnan Khashoggi, who secured the passport, and was the uncle of Jamal Khasshogi, the guy the Saudis chopped up in the embassy basement for anti House of Saud activism. He was also a founder of the extremely not insane https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_Club , laundered the money the Marcoses looted from the Philippines, and helped broker the Iran Contra deals.

Qanon and Pizzagate piss me off so much because theirs so many actually provable child sex trafficking rings that those people ignore.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

Her dad was a super spy. She became a pimp for a paedophile. Like, I know it's hard to live up to your parents, but c'mon.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Qanon and Pizzagate piss me off so much because theirs so many actually provable child sex trafficking rings that those people ignore.

The key thing is that real sex trafficking rings aren’t conveniently solely comprised of people Qultists don’t like.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Dan Snyder/Washington Football Team thing is ongoing. It's essentially a brazen cover-up attempt with the commissioner's approval.

quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/14/daniel-snyder-nfl-investigation/

Despite the owner’s public pledge to cooperate “with all aspects of the investigation,” his attorneys attempted to prevent Wilkinson from speaking to Snyder’s accuser, according to a letter the woman’s attorney wrote to Snyder’s lawyers that was filed in federal court.

The Washington Post has not reviewed this letter, which was filed under seal as part of a legal dispute between Wilkinson and a former lawyer for the team. The letter was described by people with knowledge of its contents.

According to these people, the woman’s lawyer, Brendan Sullivan, accused Snyder’s lawyers of offering his client more money beyond the $1.6 million the team paid in 2009, if she agreed not to speak to anyone about her allegations against Snyder and her settlement with the team. In court filings, Wilkinson later described phone calls to Sullivan from Snyder’s lawyers as an attempt to “silence” the 2009 accuser. Wilkinson and Sullivan declined to comment.

Snyder’s attorneys, in their own sealed letter filed in court, denied trying to block the interview and offering the woman more money, according to people familiar with that letter.

In a statement released after this story published online, A. Scott Bolden of the law firm Reed Smith, which represents Snyder and the team, said, “Untrue. It did not happen. Absolutely no effort was made by me or any Reed Smith lawyers to dissuade anyone from speaking with Beth Wilkinson or otherwise cooperating with her investigation, nor was any money offered to anyone not to cooperate. Anyone suggesting something to the contrary is lying.”

Snyder declined an interview request. Lawyers representing Snyder and the team declined interview requests.

Daniel Snyder pushed back as the NFL probed. Here are takeaways from The Post’s reporting.

The alleged effort to block the interview is one of several instances in which lawyers and private investigators working on Snyder’s behalf took steps that potential witnesses for Wilkinson viewed as attempts to interfere with the NFL’s investigation, according to a review of hundreds of pages of court records and interviews with more than 30 people, including current and former team and league officials.

While Snyder publicly expressed shock over allegations raised in The Post story that prompted Wilkinson’s investigation, his lawyers filed petitions in federal court seeking, in part, to identify former employees who had spoken to The Post — an effort one federal judge suggested was intended “to burden and harass” former employees who had spoken to reporters.

The revelation that Snyder was accused of trying to block a witness from participating in the NFL’s investigation raises new concerns about Commissioner Roger Goodell’s decision to keep confidential any report or investigative findings produced by Wilkinson — a departure from how the league has handled investigations in recent years.

Essentially the "internal NFL investigation" is operating under the common pretense that an organization investigating itself for wrongdoing is anything but an attempt to kill the story. It's also got the bonus fiction that Goodell's job is to do anything other than protect the organization's financial interests. In almost any other sports league Snyder would have been gone like a year ago, but here we are.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

DeimosRising posted:

I mean Alexander Acosta publicly said he didn't prosecute Epstein because he was told Epstein "belonged to intelligence." I don't see how there can be any question he was an asset.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Appeals Court says Harvey Weinstein may have faced "overkill" in New York trial

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Skwirl posted:

We have Qanon truthers like Boebert in the government working with actual child sex traffickers like Matt Gaetz and nothing.

Anyway, looks like Jeff Garland is a piece of poo poo. He's been fired from The Goldbergs for lovely on set behavior. I haven't watched that show in a while but it was pleasant and I always liked Garland up until reading this.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Chris Noth accused of sexual assault by two women. Triggered by the recent 'Sex and the City' reboot, the women allege two incidents of misconduct they say took place more than a decade apart.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

The Dan Snyder/Washington Football Team thing is ongoing. It's essentially a brazen cover-up attempt with the commissioner's approval.

Essentially the "internal NFL investigation" is operating under the common pretense that an organization investigating itself for wrongdoing is anything but an attempt to kill the story. It's also got the bonus fiction that Goodell's job is to do anything other than protect the organization's financial interests. In almost any other sports league Snyder would have been gone like a year ago, but here we are.

Ehhhh, NFL is loving evil, but I think at least NCAA, IOC, and definitely FIFA are worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

We have Qanon truthers like Boebert in the government working with actual child sex traffickers like Matt Gaetz and nothing.

Anyway, looks like Jeff Garland is a piece of poo poo. He's been fired from The Goldbergs for lovely on set behavior. I haven't watched that show in a while but it was pleasant and I always liked Garland up until reading this.

gently caress, I liked him on Curb

I believe them, but I would have thought the movies would have been equally triggering. On the other hand, I like Noth's work, but if I was gonna make a movie about a minor star who is also a sexual harrasser, I'd cast Noth for it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The press for the new Sex and the City show could not be worse if they tried.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"Samantha desides on a new look: the Dolezal"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker hate each other, so no danger there.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Alan Smithee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEKtVZ0XX4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker hate each other, so no danger there.

I always wonder about what happened when people who worked together for so long and then they hate each other. Like Cattrall did the TV show long enough that there was definitely a contract renegotiation or two, so she wasn't forced to work on the show, and she did two movies. Was just the money for that stuff enough and the new show wouldn't offer her enough.

I also kinda want to watch at least the first episode of the new show to see how they wrote her off, did they go full Henry Blake or is it just "Now she's in LA with some young boy toy"?