Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

sorry that I'm like 1/3 of the posts in this thread asking stupid questions... I have no idea what I'm doing. Are one of these people bosses? I lit a dude up in the gas station like, right in the face and he didnt die. I reloaded and did it again and then he did die.

Not bosses but likely scav guards, if they were more PMC-kitted-out looking and harder to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
scav guards have a special naming scheme so you know when you do something special. Those are just regular old scavs :shobon:

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Im not sure if it was adjusted but the sniper scav on the tower in customs is brutal. Once he has his eyes in you he doesn't quit. Shooting at me 30 times from across the map.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

hello internet posted:

Im not sure if it was adjusted but the sniper scav on the tower in customs is brutal. Once he has his eyes in you he doesn't quit. Shooting at me 30 times from across the map.

I had this happen earlier with the one on the warehouse by Scav checkpoint. He honed in on me and wouldn’t stop firing about three times a second, even when I was hiding behind walls. Then I peeked out to try and fight back and got one-tapped.

Felt like it was Shturman and not some random sniper scav.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Scavs are cracked out so far this wipe, shooting from way further away than they used to and drop-shotting a lot like raiders tend to do. The sniper scavs on Customs seem to have doubled their vision/aggro.

And yeah, Reshala's guards all have the last name Zavodskoy so you were just fighting regular scavs in that screenshot.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I'm going to make a youtube playlist of poo poo to play over VOIP while hiding in factory office with my gun trained on the door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAh6jVzcjjw

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
For all the stories of sniper scavs wrecking people I think they're the exception. Tonight I had a shotgun scav hit me in the helmet, chest and both arms with a load of buckshot but somehow miss my face, then flip me off while I bursted him down with my M4. Absolute king.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Having skipped the last wipe to play a bunch of other games, I think the greatest crime this game commits is long load times. The Cycle really hammered it home. You can have a group of three and be in a game under 30 seconds in that game every single drop. Same with the big AAA shooters and other multiplayer games.

Tarkov is harsh enough that having 10 minute queue times is a huge buzzkill. If I could get in a game in under 30 seconds, the pain wouldn't feel so bad, but knowing that grouping + equipping + loading is 20 mins per run is just loving such a buzzkill.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I'm like 15-2 against pmcs this wipe and have died to scavs/bosses 8 times. Most recently just decked by crack house by a stronghold lmg

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

tokenbrownguy posted:

Having skipped the last wipe to play a bunch of other games, I think the greatest crime this game commits is long load times. The Cycle really hammered it home. You can have a group of three and be in a game under 30 seconds in that game every single drop. Same with the big AAA shooters and other multiplayer games.

Tarkov is harsh enough that having 10 minute queue times is a huge buzzkill. If I could get in a game in under 30 seconds, the pain wouldn't feel so bad, but knowing that grouping + equipping + loading is 20 mins per run is just loving such a buzzkill.

May I ask what server you're on? Last wipe I tuned my poo poo to anything under 120ping and I've yet to(this wipe) have a queue longer than one minute.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

abigserve posted:

As a scav you basically just never shoot at anyone unless you're 200% certain it's a PMC, probably because they have already sent a hail of bullets towards you

even then it's usually scavs trying to bait you into shooting at them to save their karma

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the player skill this wipe is really low, I think I've only died to players once or twice in an actual gunfight

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
on the asia pacific/hong kong server other player scavs dont seem to give two shits about karma and will kill you every time, wish it wasn't another 25 min cooldown along with queue times when it happens though

also the lag spikes are loving awful, i see it happen on other peoples streams but i freeze for like 10 seconds when i close inventory and die to it every time

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

on the asia pacific/hong kong server other player scavs dont seem to give two shits about karma and will kill you every time, wish it wasn't another 25 min cooldown along with queue times when it happens though

also the lag spikes are loving awful, i see it happen on other peoples streams but i freeze for like 10 seconds when i close inventory and die to it every time

I only get lots of flickering/stuttering when I go to new areas these days (loading up objects I guess?), not managing inventory poo poo.

I've killed scavs for not voice lining me. Do you try and talk? I was holed up in the labratory shack on customs, voice lining, while this scav duo silently looted the place.

They left and I clocked on of them on the way out for not talking to me and then died, but it's about the principle of the issue. (I didn't get a standing hit when killing them, anti-social scavs are anti-social for a reason)

Lots of people being jerks on voip, I try and make friends with them (as scav teammates) and then we trade vodka and bullets and his partner kills me. The old ways of silent partnership are dying in favour of cheap laughs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Gamers are by and large stupid assholes, Tarkov players in particular. I wouldn't ever use VOIP as anything but a way to confirm a human is there if you don't want to risk the loot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah VOIP is staying off for me because I know how the internet works. For every funny video with it you'll see there's fifteen thousand people shrieking racial slurs or just killing you while shouting "friendly".

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Bussamove posted:

Yeah VOIP is staying off for me because I know how the internet works. For every funny video with it you'll see there's fifteen thousand people shrieking racial slurs or just killing you while shouting "friendly".

Yeah maybe you should turn it on and stop being a baby and realize that isn't how most interactions are gonna go, not even close.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Yeah maybe you should turn it on and stop being a baby and realize that isn't how most interactions are gonna go, not even close.

Jesus Christ, shut the gently caress up.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Jesus Christ, shut the gently caress up.

:yeah:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

every voip interaction I've had has been 'friendly, friendly' and half have ended in violence XD

Orv
May 4, 2011
Cherno syndrome.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
So far my VoIP interactions have only been positive, one guy even asked if I needed a lunchbox for the quest

Loaded into my scav who had the new revolver shotgun or whatever and it was completely unloaded lol

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

So far my VoIP interactions have only been positive, one guy even asked if I needed a lunchbox for the quest

Loaded into my scav who had the new revolver shotgun or whatever and it was completely unloaded lol

I think all the scav shotguns are bugged right now. I spawned in with a double barrel and no ammo yesterday.

I also have found bugs where the character is completely unable to do anything other than move around and aim down sights. I've had to extract without any way to interact with anything or shoot twice now.

The first day of the wipe my friends and I extracted on interchange at emercom checkpoint and it just went to a black screen with the ambient sound for like 5-6 minutes until we all heard footsteps approaching from the next group of players using that extract. As soon as the other players left the map it finally let us leave the black screen and gave the end of raid summary.

BSG is really good at completely breaking their game lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

lots of these bugs are rare, in 100+ raids I've only gotten the 'can't do anything' one once, and alt-f4ing and relaunching fixed it

also just reload ur shotgun, it's not that big of a bug

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I always play with someone, but today and yesterday I've been solo queing as PMC and Scav just with the intent of making VOIP connections, and literally all of them have been positive. Lots of PMC+Scav extracts taken, lots of third partied firefights where I help someone, and gear trading and doing quests together.

I can't believe I am saying it but VOIP really has amped up Tarkov up in the interactions. The point of the game has always been how you never really know what you are getting into and with who, and now the voice just adds to it.

There is a quick button to disable VOIP, and enable it again. I recommend trying VOIP and seeing what you like.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

lots of these bugs are rare, in 100+ raids I've only gotten the 'can't do anything' one once, and alt-f4ing and relaunching fixed it

also just reload ur shotgun, it's not that big of a bug

Literally no ammo spawned to load it with dipshit.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Literally never happens, stop being so aggressive.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

So if I have VOIP disable through the keybind can I still hear people or is it an always on or always off kind of thing?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

pissinthewind posted:

So if I have VOIP disable through the keybind can I still hear people or is it an always on or always off kind of thing?

If you disable it with a keybind, you get a little notification on the bottom like ”someone is trying to talk to you”

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

the player skill this wipe is really low, I think I've only died to players once or twice in an actual gunfight

This rings true with me. I am admittedly garbage but somehow I've collected four dogtags and left some behind. I'm still learning wtf im doing.

Yesterday I got into a 10ft shootout with my PP19 thing on customs in all the uprooted plumbing or whatver between the construction area and the building with medical stuff in it. I ended up head shotting him after he shot me in the chest and I guess totally hosed me up. I laid on the ground for like 5 full minutes just using up all three of his car medical bags trying to stop all the light bleeding at had going on. My dude was bitching and wheezing the whole time, I assume because his lungs were full of blood. Also has to use all of my cheese, and the thing to stop deep bleeding. I somehow hobbled over to RUAF roadblock exit and got a W with barely anything left to take home bc I fuckin used it all on myself.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 15, 2021

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Did they disable Nvidia Highlights for 12.12?

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

hello internet posted:

Did they disable Nvidia Highlights for 12.12?

Highlights were disabled ages ago

it would write the video clip to your temp folder when you got a kill, so you could use it to confirm kills with zero risk. if the clip of you shooting at a dude appeared in temp folder, then you killed him

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Ahh drat. I used it more for the instant replay manual save but oh well.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

This rings true with me. I am admittedly garbage but somehow I've collected four dogtags and left some behind. I'm still learning wtf im doing.

Yesterday I got into a 10ft shootout with my PP19 thing on customs in all the uprooted plumbing or whatver between the construction area and the building with medical stuff in it. I ended up head shotting him after he shot me in the chest and I guess totally hosed me up. I laid on the ground for like 5 full minutes just using up all three of his car medical bags trying to stop all the light bleeding at had going on. My dude was bitching and wheezing the whole time, I assume because his lungs were full of blood. Also has to use all of my cheese, and the thing to stop deep bleeding. I somehow hobbled over to RUAF roadblock exit and got a W with barely anything left to take home bc I fuckin used it all on myself.
I'm not sure if you've seen these pages but they might be of use:
https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Health_system
https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Medical

CAR aid kits will stop a light bleed but cheese kits won't. Heavy bleeds are best stopped with tourniquets or haemostats if you have them. I tend to hotkey 4-5-6 as heal-heavy-light, with maybe a 7 for an injector. As I get fancier drugs I'll start to put Propital or eTG-C on 4 because they either heal a bit over time and remove contusions or heal Wolverine-speed (respectively). Adrenaline's also a good panic stim as it heals fast, boosts your combat ability and removes pain and contusion.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 15, 2021

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Had this happen once, every other time, it was an empty gun that I had to manually load

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

hello internet posted:

Ahh drat. I used it more for the instant replay manual save but oh well.

Shadowplay still works, Highlights is just an automatic, game specific version of that. You can still manually save the last X minutes of gameplay.

Nat
Apr 3, 2012
Lighthouse loot is actually insane right now. I've found a ton of thermite on the main road, AESA, Bitcoins, Military Cables inside the Waterplant. The last three scav runs I've found streamer loot + AESAs at the bottom rogue camp with the two MGs. If anyone on Discord can verify Nimosom that would be much appreciated.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Buff Hardback posted:

Highlights were disabled ages ago

it would write the video clip to your temp folder when you got a kill, so you could use it to confirm kills with zero risk. if the clip of you shooting at a dude appeared in temp folder, then you killed him

I believe they did because of the people that had the folder where clips were saved in open so they could see when they got kills.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

All last night I was just clicking heads like the USECs and BEARs were all scavs, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Bussamove posted:

All five of my VOIP interactions so far have been positive. This feature is most definitely here to stay and you should turn it on.