Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

We switched to using reusable cleaning rags shortly before the pandemic started and hoo boy were we happy with that decision. We still keep paper towels around for certain types of messes and some cooking applications but I would definitely recommend the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Chinatown posted:

I use a concerning amount of paper towels. :grin:

BadSamaritan posted:

We switched to using reusable cleaning rags shortly before the pandemic started and hoo boy were we happy with that decision. We still keep paper towels around for certain types of messes and some cooking applications but I would definitely recommend the switch.

We ended up getting a pack of those Swedish Dishcloths/a knock off HEB brand last year and stopped buying paper towels. Just toss them in the wash with the hand towels

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BadSamaritan posted:

yeah we just switched when we moved into our house and wow it's so much better. reusable terry cloths for gross poo poo, the nicer Costco napkin things for kitcheny stuff and actual table napkins.

i did just buy a generic 6 pack of PTs though cause some things you can't sub in a cloth or something. like draining tofu :cry:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can't imagine being the kind of person who unironically uses napkins at home

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hutla posted:

This is all paper products, there's serious issues in all kinds of paper manufacturing right now. Everyone is sending out kinda crappy versions of whatever because the alternative is nothing.

It will never get better quality. The bar is set this low now across the entire industry and everyone is used to it. Why would a company spend more money to make better product?
Welcome 2 your sub-par paper future boyos

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Gaius Marius posted:

We use cloth napkins because gently caress paper waste

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

I can imagine someone ironically using them.

Gently dabbing their lips and smirking...

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Gaius Marius posted:

I can't imagine being the kind of person that spends so much time complaining about everyone else

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yea let's bring snotrag style kerchiefs back

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My grandmother laundered and ironed napkins for seven kids every supper. My mom always used cloth napkins at dinner. I only use cloth twice or so a year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversary) but it's still nice to have a service step that's a step up from Wendy's

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My paper towel story is thinking back to a goon complaining that the paper towel rolls (Bounty, in this example) were individually wrapped because it created excess waste. Ya know, as opposed to the 1000+ paper towel sheets to be used once and thrown away.

Oh, and about there being less Kirkland sheets per roll, it went down from 160 to 140 a ways back, but the last batch I bought a month ago were back to 160. I guess that's my second paper towel story.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gaius Marius posted:

Not everyone can be a caveman.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I buy the giant pack of cotton towels at church every couple of years. Some messes are just too gross to try to wash the towel, so eventually I need more. The paper napkins came from Target since the Co didn’t have any at that time :argh:

Paper towels are only superior for absorbing bacon grease.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

yeah we just switched when we moved into our house and wow it's so much better. reusable terry cloths for gross poo poo, the nicer Costco napkin things for kitcheny stuff and actual table napkins.

i did just buy a generic 6 pack of PTs though cause some things you can't sub in a cloth or something. like draining tofu :cry:

If you eat a lot of tofu then honestly a tofu press is a pretty nice QOL upgrade.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tangy yet delightful posted:

If you eat a lot of tofu then honestly a tofu press is a pretty nice QOL upgrade.

I just set up some tofu between paper towels to press dry, what's a good tofu press?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

jisforjosh posted:

We use cloth napkins because gently caress paper waste

I don't feel so bad since we have a kitchen/garden waste bin collection every week that gets taken off for composting. So all that soiled paper like pizza boxes, paper towels and napkins get used on gardens.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

The Midniter posted:

Were they the Caribbean Delight beef patties in the red box? If so, make sure you cook them in the oven. They're no good microwaved, but in the oven they're S-tier.

I've had problems with nasty bits of cartilage in the meat. It's been consistent between three separate purchases too.

It's unpleasant when you take a bite and suddenly you get something hard so I don't buy then as often as I'd like. My wife refuses to eat them too.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

pentyne posted:

I just set up some tofu between paper towels to press dry, what's a good tofu press?

i use cheesecloth inside one of those bamboo presses off of amazon, it’s like a wooden cube thing with a detachable top

gotta fold the cheesecloth over so there are at least two layers of cloth, tho, or it gets gross

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

i never knew this was a thing :psyduck:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What do you guys use to clean up cat barf and hairballs and other gross pet stuff? That's really the only reason I burn through so many paper towels, otherwise I try to use the bulk bar towels you can buy anywhere

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

What do you guys use to clean up cat barf and hairballs and other gross pet stuff? That's really the only reason I burn through so many paper towels, otherwise I try to use the bulk bar towels you can buy anywhere

also part of the reason i snagged some, lol. i'll use the paper towels to pick up the actual barf then a rag to clean it with some spray stuff (drat i need to buy some of that spray stuff)

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bagmonkey posted:

Bissell Spotbot.

https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-SpotBot-handsfree-Portable-2117A/dp/B07DTJ9G6G

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Hell yeah giant pack of roasted seaweed snacks

Also Costco at 7:30pm on a Wednesday is really chill and good, the only downside is not having room for a dog after dinner.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

bagmonkey posted:

If it’s liquid & gross, I use my most stained rags and toss them afterwards. If it’s firm (poop) I use some TP to grab the solids, then the rag for cleaning.

The nice thing about cotton rags (available at the Co) is that they can be composted so they don’t have to go directly into a landfill. (Don’t compost meat, or meaty pet barf.)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The refrigerated bag of seaweed salad (can't remember the brand off the top of my head) is, sadly, not good. It's WAY too sweet. I tried a bite and was repulsed, noticed it said to shake/mix well to distribute the dressing, did so and tried again...same result. So, so sweet.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

I bought one of these in 2009 and it’s still going strong cleaning up dog barf

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Husband and I are going to hit up a Business Center this Saturday. Never been, but want to experience the alternate church. Going in with zero plan so prob gonna spend like $500 just because

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bucksmash posted:

Husband and I are going to hit up a Business Center this Saturday. Never been, but want to experience the alternate church. Going in with zero plan so prob gonna spend like $500 just because

Buy a box of 24 steaks and a 10 gallon barrel of frying oil to start your business center experience.

For real though, check the fridge/freezer "normal" sized food stuffs. They have some great brands or items the regular Costco doesnt carry that often, like the Kirkland Polish hot dogs.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Costco just refunded me $50 for a laptop I bought 2 weeks ago. Retroactive discount baby 👉😎👉

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Costco just refunded me $50 for a laptop I bought 2 weeks ago. Retroactive discount baby 👉😎👉

Same, but $300 for my OLED tv

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Posting from Costco pharmacy. Walked in and waiting for my 5g BOOST. :blastu:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ultimate Mango posted:

Same, but $300 for my OLED tv

Same, but $30 for my Thomas the Tank Engine set :zaurg:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

bucksmash posted:

yeah that's my business center plan next trip, introducing a new Costco experience to someone :v:

I wonder if they see holiday surges like regular Costco? because I avoid pretty much every retail outlet this entire month if I can get away with it, 100x avoid on a weekend

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

pentyne posted:

Had to go digging but this is the one we have:

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Tofu-Press-Removes-Texture/dp/B007LLGMG2/

Looking at the pics they added a honeycomb texture to the top and bottom to I guess save on plastic and weight. Probably makes it slightly more annoying to clean but I just put it in the dishwasher.

If you do that really soft tofu type you might need to wrap it in cheesecloth but with the firmer stuff no need really. Throw it on a plate or shallow bowl or if you have a clean sink hell throw it in there and have it drain away.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

20 count little veggie egg frittata things are solid, easy and quick breakfast!

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Controversial opinion, but with a little bit of that sir kensington’s ketchup they are :yum:

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

Put some hatch green chili on them

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

SamDabbers posted:

Hatch green chili is always the right answer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

SamDabbers posted:

if you think i didn't smh

BadSamaritan posted:

Controversial opinion, but with a little bit of that sir kensington’s ketchup they are :yum:

i actually thought they were solid just on their own :shrug:

they really shine because of the convenience for my partner tbh (now i just need to convince her to actually eat them instead of going to the hospital caf :mad:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It is Friday my dudes