Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Perhaps you chaps know this already but I just found out the remake OST is on spotify and sweet jesus it's so good.

So is Ace Combat 0's though, so spend your ear listening wisely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Perhaps you chaps know this already but I just found out the remake OST is on spotify and sweet jesus it's so good.

In my region it went up for a day around launch, then was immediately taken down. It took so long to go back up I just bought the thing on iTunes lol

It is like... 7 hours long so imo well worth it, one of the best videogame OSTs in history

Thundercracker posted:

Apparently mocap and VA work on XVI is done, and considering thats usually late in the process FFXIV is looking to be in tippy top shape.

I hope so! I know the team said they don't want to show too much of it until they're closer to release but I'm really getting antsy on lack of FF info

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Naoki Yoshida is kind of famous for being an insanely talented producer and project manager, which is why he was selected to un-gently caress 14 and it’s probably why XVI seems to be coming together so weirdly fast.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Once again proving that truly good management is a very rare and valuable skill

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It only comes at a small cost to him never sleeping or taking a break.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It only comes at a small cost to him never sleeping or taking a break.

i think that's standard issue for most of SE's upper-level creative staff

there's probably a reason why some of nomura's favorite motifs are sleep, falling, and falling asleep

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
All I think of is that one pic of Yoshi-P at a press conference or something just laying on the floor next to a can of Monster lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

HD DAD posted:

All I think of is that one pic of Yoshi-P at a press conference or something just laying on the floor next to a can of Monster lol

I think they take a similar picture every time they're done working on a new expansion, of Yoship being collapsed on the floor of the office

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raposa posted:

With the release of Intergrade has there been any word of a pc/xbox port? Or why Sony hates us non ps5 owners so much?

Bleck posted:

please imagine I am saying this as gently as possible: no, nor will there ever be

History Comes Inside! posted:

No, there is absolutely no precedent for a game to only appear on one platform for its entire lifespan, this is the first time anyone has ever suggested such a thing and it can’t possibly be correct!

Hi. You are idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN_Aojo24tY

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Imagine stewing so much over a 6 month period that you remember to send someone an incredibly salty PM when something happens, just to make sure they see you stayed mad about it for 6 months.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

haha you loser

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I thought it was funny

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's $70 and exclusive to Epic Game Store lol. Why did Square even bother to release this on PC? Tell us you don't care about your flagship franchise without saying you don't care.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

I said come in! posted:

It's $70 and exclusive to Epic Game Store lol. Why did Square even bother to release this on PC? Tell us you don't care about your flagship franchise without saying you don't care.

FF is probably making more than ever right now, particularly due to the MMO.

The DLC alone is considered $20 standalone on PlayStation, which roughly estimates the base game at $50. Throw in that PS5 games are regularly $70 and the game industry has been resorting to more and more mobilegaming-like nonsense to squeeze bonus bucks out of people and this game does none of those. Saying that pricing it at $70 means they don't care is like saying id didn't care about Doom3 when it was a real outlier being $60 in the PS2 era.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

FF is probably making more than ever right now, particularly due to the MMO.

The DLC alone is considered $20 standalone on PlayStation, which roughly estimates the base game at $50. Throw in that PS5 games are regularly $70 and the game industry has been resorting to more and more mobilegaming-like nonsense to squeeze bonus bucks out of people and this game does none of those. Saying that pricing it at $70 means they don't care is like saying id didn't care about Doom3 when it was a real outlier being $60 in the PS2 era.

It remains to be seen I guess, but nothing so far has been able to get people to buy games on Epic Store, not even the PC release of Kingdom Hearts.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You have to go through the checkout process to claim the free games they keep trying to lure people into the ecosystem with, so those all count in whatever spreadsheets they’re showing the execs to keep justifying the money pit that is another storefront nobody asked for.

Although Fortnite is probably keeping the lights on all by itself, they can afford it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, Epic is making 6 billion dollars a year on Fortnite. There were some leaked documents earlier this year from that clown show court case with Apple, that showed that everything bombed on the Epic store and nothing was selling.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Things will turn around for them when they add the Epic Game Store as a building and character in Fortnite.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

everyone knew this already

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I more surprised there was no announcement for a Xbox release than it being an Epic Store exclusive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OhFunny posted:

I more surprised there was no announcement for a Xbox release than it being an Epic Store exclusive.

I could be wrong but I thought there was some thing X-Box had where anything on the X-Box also had to be available on PC?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, Epic is making 6 billion dollars a year on Fortnite. There were some leaked documents earlier this year from that clown show court case with Apple, that showed that everything bombed on the Epic store and nothing was selling.

Imagine when the next hot thing kids will flock to comes out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

epic will just buy it

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ImpAtom posted:

I could be wrong but I thought there was some thing X-Box had where anything on the X-Box also had to be available on PC?

I believe that only applies to Microsoft's first party games.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

epic will just buy it

:capitalism:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Ffviir on pc has no drm, yet people are spending 70 on it lmao

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It doesn't have DRM? Is that confirmed?

Also apparently it runs insanely well on PC?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

It's already been cracked and uploaded to the naughty parts of the net

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

It doesn't have DRM? Is that confirmed?

Also apparently it runs insanely well on PC?

The system requirements are insanely low, in the reviews I've seen it sounds like it runs super, super well

Though there's no real upgrades over the PS5 version it appears. But I never actually finished the PS4 version and would rather own it on PC so I'm just gonna replay it there

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's already been cracked and uploaded to the naughty parts of the net

that's not the same thing tho

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I mean, it ran super well on PS4 as well, and other than some lighting upgrades the only major difference on PS5 was the load times. I'm glad that it's a solid port though, it'll be fun to see a load more people enjoying it. God knows that more people have PCs than PS5s.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I mean, it ran super well on PS4 as well, and other than some lighting upgrades the only major difference on PS5 was the load times. I'm glad that it's a solid port though, it'll be fun to see a load more people enjoying it. God knows that more people have PCs than PS5s.

Biggest change is apparently the PS5 fixed the crazy texture bugs like cloud's door, from what I understand

It'll be nice to actually play the game in 4k as well

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm not sure if Epic was ready for this because their store website appears to be falling apart.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

that's not the same thing tho

You will have to use your nous, because any more detail is approaching probation territory

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You will have to use your nous, because any more detail is approaching probation territory

I don't want to pirate games, which is why knowing whether a game has been released without DRM (which I also don't want to deal with) is important.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not sure if Epic was ready for this because their store website appears to be falling apart.

no that's just how it is

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

you've tried to justify $70USD but can you justify $82USD

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hashy posted:

you've tried to justify $70USD but can you justify $82USD

$93 USD lol

To be fair though don’t the US storefronts add tax after the fact so it’s 70+whatever because all the states do different things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

yeah but it's like 3-7% i'm pretty sure so you still end up paying relatively more

it is definitely a bit of a rip off especially considering the non-intergrade game was free on ps plus a few months ago