Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the escape goat posted:

Does Rampage start with HOOK? I need to know when to tune in so I don’t piss off the person I work with who hates wrestling but I refuse to miss HOOK

If it's in the order it was taped in, it was the 3rd match of 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.bodyslam.net/2021/12/15/exclusive-brody-king-signs-with-aew/

Wont be a spoiler for long

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
something something wampage baby, i'm guessing?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that even a spoiler considering Malakai blatantly spelled it out in that vignette

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

They still the PWG tag champs?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For years we used to joke about Brody being Malaki's huskier twin brother and now it's actually happening

More proof that Tony Khan is a forums poster

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
House of Black is Khan's fourth shot at spooky mega heel faction. First it was Nightmare Collective which woof, then it was proto-Dark Order that was going to be Marty Scurll's Villain AEW group but that went sideways, then it was Brodie Lee's Dark Order which got turned permanently face after Lee's untimely passing, and now its HoB.

HoB is going to backfire anyway because they're cool sexy Satanists and everyone loves them.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

quote:

Trent, Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, & Rocky Romero defeated The Young Bucks, Bobby Fish, & Adam Cole

Dan Lambert came out to cut a promo and was interrupted by Cody Rhodes. This led to Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page attacking Cody until Dustin Rhodes made the save. The Rhodes' ended up getting beat up until AEW TNT Champion Sammy Guevara made the save.

Submission Match: Tay Conti defeated Penelope Ford

Daniel Garcia, The Acclaimed, & 2point0 defeated Eddie Kingston, Santana and Ortiz, & the Lucha Bros

Very excited for Dan Lambert to wonder into the Codyverse.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

loving weirdo tag match results there lol. Would have expected the opposite results for both matches.

I'm excited for both Lambertverse and Codyverse intersecting as it will keep both of them away from other wrestlers

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

loving weirdo tag match results there lol. Would have expected the opposite results for both matches.

The results I posted above were from Fightful so I assume are legit, but I did see one other site that had 2.0 losing instead of winning (the other matches/segments were the same) :iiam:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean, I'm expecting Jericho, Santana and Ortiz to feud with 2.0 for the time being, so that frees up The Acclaimed to feud with the Lucha Bros, which is fine I guess, not least because I expect the LBs to carry them to a pretty solid match

e: also, I'm fine with Bobby Fish (presumably) taking the pin, not least because he's vulnerable until KOR shows up in a week or two and the fun really begins

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 16, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
nah, redragon should never win.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

redragon should win a lot, especially when they're in the state of ohio

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I mean you can't beat Best Friends in matches and then chump them out in back stage segments and post-matches without them getting a win at some point. Sure, they had Trent returning last week but at Rampage they beat the poo poo out of him and stood tall. Figured it had to be setting up them getting a big win.

Elite has been losing these big payoff matches recently, so the break up must be imminent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

I mean you can't beat Best Friends in matches and then chump them out in back stage segments and post-matches without them getting a win at some point. Sure, they had Trent returning last week but at Rampage they beat the poo poo out of him and stood tall. Figured it had to be setting up them getting a big win.

Elite has been losing these big payoff matches recently, so the break up must be imminent.

I'm pretty sure Kyle comes in on Wed and TUE beat down the Bucks to let them go home for the holidays injure them.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Gaz-L posted:

I'm pretty sure Kyle comes in on Wed and TUE beat down the Bucks to let them go home for the holidays injure them.

And instantly make TUE the top Babyface faction.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Adam Cole promised a present for next Dynamite, so that is likely KOR right?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

And instantly make TUE the top Babyface faction.

Is it really TUE without Roddy??? :smith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jiro posted:

Is it really TUE without Roddy??? :smith:

Just put Marina in and pretend it was her the whole time.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Honestly I'm not super excited about TUE in AEW after what felt like a billion-year-run in NXT. Let those guys do something else with new people.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I wonder if AEW will reference the Cole/O'Reilly feud from NXT, or if O'Reilly will just show up as one of Cole's buddies.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I wonder if AEW will reference the Cole/O'Reilly feud from NXT, or if O'Reilly will just show up as one of Cole's buddies.

Why reference a show that no one watches?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Why reference a show that no one watches?

Not even joking I think it would legit confuse people. I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of the AEW fanbase stopped watching NXT when the Undisputed Era were still together.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

Honestly I'm not super excited about TUE in AEW after what felt like a billion-year-run in NXT. Let those guys do something else with new people.

I'm sure they'll split apart at some point but we have a Kenny Omega face turn to kick off here, after all.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Not even joking I think it would legit confuse people. I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of the AEW fanbase stopped watching NXT when the Undisputed Era were still together.

yeah I'm definitely one of them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

harperdc posted:

I'm sure they'll split apart at some point but we have a Kenny Omega face turn to kick off here, after all.

I know everyone expects it to be Elite vs TUE, but I kinda like the idea of face Kenny/RD vs heel Superkliq better.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

sticklefifer posted:

I know everyone expects it to be Elite vs TUE, but I kinda like the idea of face Kenny/RD vs heel Superkliq better.

Yeah, i don't think they would've done things like having Cole abandon Fish to get beaten up a couple weeks ago if they were planning a legit TUE run.

I think they introduce KOR and him and Fish immediately turn on Cole and reform reDragon

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They shouldn't reference the Cole/O'Reilly feud from NXT.

They should reference the Cole/O'Reilly feud from ROH.

Or they could reform Future Shock. Either is good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next week's SD

Sami Zayn wins the 12 Days of Xmas IC title shot gauntlet*; Sami/Nakamura for the belt at Day 1
Charlotte retains the women's title over Toni Storm via rollup
Drew McIntyre and New Day defeat Riddick Moss and the Usos in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight

*Gauntlet result specifics:
Angel Garza beats Mansoor
Garza beats Erik
Shanky beats Garza
Ivar beats Shanky
Sheamus beats Ivar
Sheamus beats Drew Gulak
Sheamus beats Cesaro after distraction from Ridge Holland
Ricochet beats Sheamus after distraction from Cesaro beating up Ridge
Ricochet beats Humberto despite Sheamus beating up Ricochet more
Ricochet beats Jinder Mahal
Sami Zayn beats Ricochet

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Chris James 2 posted:

Next week's SD

Sami Zayn wins the 12 Days of Xmas IC title shot gauntlet*; Sami/Nakamura for the belt at Day 1
Charlotte retains the women's title over Toni Storm via rollup
Drew McIntyre and New Day defeat Riddick Moss and the Usos in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight

Garza beats Erik
Shanky beats Garza
Ivar beats Shanky
Sheamus beats Ivar
Sheamus beats Drew Gulak
Sami Zayn beats Ricochet

aww SHANKLY didn't win?

edit:
"distraction from ridge holland"
"...distraction from beating up ridge..."

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lmao that after all this they're just doing Sami/Nakamura again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao i just realized that Nakamura hasnt defended the IC Title since since September

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sounds like a standard IC title reign

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao i just realized that Nakamura hasnt defended the IC Title since since September

I didn't realise Naka was back in NJPW

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lid posted:

I didn't realise Naka was back in NJPW

He's not because he's not in the COTM poll. Unless he is and that's an oversight that should be corrected next month.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chris James 2 posted:

Garza beats Erik
Shanky beats Garza
Ivar beats Shanky
Sheamus beats Ivar
Sheamus beats Drew Gulak
Sami Zayn beats Ricochet

What a horrible match on paper. Make the crowd sit through 10 matches that don't mean anything, only for Sami to come out and win 1 match against the guy that just had 3 matches.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Astro7x posted:

What a horrible match on paper. Make the crowd sit through 10 matches that don't mean anything, only for Sami to come out and win 1 match against the guy that just had 3 matches.

That's pretty much the WWE gauntlet formula isn't it?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, gotta get heattttt

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I wonder the longest Ambrose went without defending the US title

Also remember the Harper IC reign where he went like 1-9 after he won the belt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I wonder the longest Ambrose went without defending the US title

Also remember the Harper IC reign where he went like 1-9 after he won the belt

so the same as most wwe midcard title reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

That's pretty much the WWE gauntlet formula isn't it?

It's funny because like, they really don't seem to have understood why Kofi got over in one.