Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sorry you're mad about buying and refunding a game twice while others are having fun?

You consistently are wrong about things about the game and feel compelled to keep posting about something you do not enjoy for...reasons, so you do you buddy.

I give this post a 34/100. So very good apparently

Edit: page snipe with a trash post, please read the last post on the previous page because it's much better

Noonsa posted:

A less-than month old game going on sale for 33%, even for Xmas, is objectively not great. Maybe a 10-15% discount or something. You think supremely popular games like RDR2, Ghost of Tsushima, Marvel Spider-man went on sale for 33% off less than a month after launch? Forza 5 and AOE4 launched around the same time as BF2042 and they are still full price.

Yes, all recent Battlefields went on sale right after launch. Could be because they all performed under expectations? Which is probably why EA is so desperate to shake up the franchise. COD Vanguard is widely regarded as COD's weakest showing in a while. Even if it was the "best-selling" game for November, the sales sucked for a COD title and it still sold more that 2042.

The writing's on the wall guys. Battlefield is slowly going the way of Command and Conquer, Sim City, Titanfall, Wing Commander, Mass Effect, and many others. What popular games does EA even have now? FIFA? Apex? Sims 4?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Come to think of it, haven't both Call of Duty and Battlefield had their "best selling game in the series ever" be several entries ago? I imagine they are both in decline, and that helps drive both COD and BF doing these heavy seasonal sales so soon after launch.

After all, the rate of profit has a tendency to fall

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I mean it's one thing if the novelty of a franchise wears thin, and the small iterative changes title to title just don't entice people anymore.

And then there is 2042 where they actively removed features and made things overall worse while adding almost nothing welcome.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
I'm not sure a free weekend when your game still has issues with hitreg, spawning, and a less than intuitive UI is a good idea. You may end up turning potential "wait and see" people into "nevermind"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

I'm not sure a free weekend when your game still has issues with hitreg, spawning, and a less than intuitive UI is a good idea. You may end up turning potential "wait and see" people into "nevermind"

But what about the shareholders over christmas?? No one ever thinks of the shareholders :(

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Hot Diggity! posted:

Steam reviews are worthless.

I can't think of a single product on Steam with over a 1000 reviews that wasnt deserving of it's review score. It's possibly the best review system on the planet, where guaranteed paying customers are the ones who get their say, and it divides it up by recent and overall, so games can have a comeback or a crash.

The score is like a rotten tomatoes score. If a product gets 30% on Steam and Rotten Tomatoes, it implies that 30% of people liked it. It doesn't mean nobody likes it.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 17, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Noonsa posted:

Yes, all recent Battlefields went on sale right after launch. Could be because they all performed under expectations? Which is probably why EA is so desperate to shake up the franchise. COD Vanguard is widely regarded as COD's weakest showing in a while. Even if it was the "best-selling" game for November, the sales sucked for a COD title and it still sold more that 2042.

This has been--if you take Tom Henderson's word for it--the best launch sales-wise since BF3.

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1466730863182426115

Noonsa posted:

The writing's on the wall guys. Battlefield is slowly going the way of Command and Conquer, Sim City, Titanfall, Wing Commander, Mass Effect, and many others. What popular games does EA even have now? FIFA? Apex? Sims 4?

Again, congrats to getting older!

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

For the sake of the thread just add the bad poster to your ignore list so he can yell into the void.

Anyway, is there any reason to use the LCMG? I see some using it to good effect but I feel like the first shot recoil is still really high.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Hot Diggity! posted:

This has been--if you take Tom Henderson's word for it--the best launch sales-wise since BF3.

Ah yes good thing the pool of potential players has remained completely static all these years

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Ahh, the talk about SOFLAMs earlier (which I am nowhere near unlocking) explains why I was getting weird icons over some vehicles in a game the other day. If only I'd known, I thought it was something to do with me using Rao at the time. But considering I think that's the only time I've seen them I guess people aren't bothering very often.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah this video talks about high early sales but players dropping off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxwPfI0r1GE
lol at the title though, "Please Mr. Zampella, my gamers, they yearn for freedom"

Skyarb posted:

I mean it's one thing if the novelty of a franchise wears thin, and the small iterative changes title to title just don't entice people anymore.

And then there is 2042 where they actively removed features and made things overall worse while adding almost nothing welcome.
I mean they've done it before, Bad Company 1 & 2 brought a huge gutting of many things BF2/BF2142 brought to the table. However at least they had built-in voice chat, and they brought something new - destruction!

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 17, 2021

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I have seen a SOFLAM exactly once in 89 levels.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I wish more people would use SOFLAMS as it means you can lock onto ground vehicles with AA, too. Need to give points for SOFLAM target locks, and also hits like they did in BF4.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

The United States posted:

I mean they've done it before, Bad Company 1 & 2 brought a huge gutting of many things BF2/BF2142 brought to the table. However at least they had built-in voice chat, and they brought something new - destruction!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwyURjAA_WE

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Charles 1998 posted:

I can't think of a single product on Steam with over a 1000 reviews that wasnt deserving of it's review score. It's possibly the best review system on the planet, where guaranteed paying customers are the ones who get their say, and it divides it up by recent and overall, so games can have a comeback or a crash.

The score is like a rotten tomatoes score. If a product gets 30% on Steam and Rotten Tomatoes, it implies that 30% of people liked it. It doesn't mean nobody likes it.

Steam reviews are poo poo but good for a laugh if the game has a woman as a main character

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Steam reviews are worthless.

No. Metacritic and RottenTomatoes user reviews are worthless because there's no barrier or filter for review bombing. Having to actually have the game to leave a review is pretty good filter. I wouldn't say this game is in as bad a playerbase state as BFV was a month out but it's drat near close to it.

Also BFV's first free map was already over a week old at this point in its lifecycle comparatively.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
when u try to make everything destructible but forget the door

https://i.imgur.com/C6R5ooP.mp4

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://streamable.com/l/b4s5t1/mp4.mp4

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

^^^ LMAO

Fried Watermelon posted:

Steam reviews are poo poo but good for a laugh if the game has a woman as a main character

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/546560/HalfLife_Alyx/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/203160/Tomb_Raider/

???

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://streamable.com/l/r3l2mt/mp4.mp4

Imagine this and the last video being your experience on a free weekend lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sort by negative for the fun ones

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Not even a month after launch its now 39$

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Better for everybody that's it's on sale, never gonna complain about a sale on these overpriced games.

jisforjosh posted:

https://streamable.com/l/r3l2mt/mp4.mp4

Imagine this and the last video being your experience on a free weekend lol

Was this 128 or 64 player?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Oh lots of posts, what happened? Oh people responding to the thread dunce again.
Seriously people put him on ignore.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I wish more people would use SOFLAMS as it means you can lock onto ground vehicles with AA, too. Need to give points for SOFLAM target locks, and also hits like they did in BF4.

Pretty much. I use it with friends but otherwise not getting anything for it kinda sucks the fun out of using it.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Stop! You're destroying the narrative that Steam's review system isn't as good as paid reviewers or review sites that allow people who never played the game to review.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

toggle posted:

Is anybody playing? I can't seem to get into a game, just the 'waiting for players' screen. lmao.. is anybody playing? :laugh:

Turn on crossplay. Just based on the squad icons, it's like 50%+ PC players anyways.

Space Jam posted:

For the sake of the thread just add the bad poster to your ignore list so he can yell into the void.

Anyway, is there any reason to use the LCMG? I see some using it to good effect but I feel like the first shot recoil is still really high.

The first shot recoil and max spread are still a bit high imo. But it's the only gun with 100 or 200 rounds that can use every barrel and underslung attachment. Otherwise you are probably better off using the PKP, M5A3 or AK24.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Space Jam posted:

pkp is a better shootymans lmg than the lcmg, but the lcmg has underbarrel grenade launchers which are actually really good including the shotgun underbarrel

remember the lmgs are worse than smgs and ars in fair engagements and require using bipod or blasting your huge mag through smokes to have a straight up fight in your favor

irish lets you use a bipod effectively pretty much anywhere

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the underbarrel grenade/incendiaries are mainly for finishing/flushing people behind cover

smokes are of course just really really really really good in this game and you cant have too much of them

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Turn on crossplay. Just based on the squad icons, it's like 50%+ PC players anyways.

Maybe an EU thing, but it feels like 75-80% are on PC. Mostly play peak hours.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I unintentionally got a kill with a smoke grenade earlier, I guess I hit him directly at low health. Throw enough of them and you’ll eventually get one.

e: lol after watching the clip I saved, he was getting shot by a guy next to me and my smoke hit him at exactly the right time to intercept the kill

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 17, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

comedyblissoption posted:

the underbarrel grenade/incendiaries are mainly for finishing/flushing people behind cover

smokes are of course just really really really really good in this game and you cant have too much of them

smokes are and have always been the single most op thing in battlefield games

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Oh lots of posts, what happened? Oh people responding to the thread dunce again.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Fried Watermelon posted:

Sort by negative for the fun ones

I mean in any crowd sourced data a small percent of people are most likely literal nazis. Humans suck, for example *gestures vaguely at this thread*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hitting someone directly with a smoke grenade does like 2 damage lol

you can probably intentionally easily set up scenarios to kill people w/ a smoke with certain weapons + suppressor to get them in that range

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

I have a friend who has one goal in Battlefield and it’s to make sure the skies are clear. He just sits and SOFLAMs the entire match and it’s great.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

I have a friend who has one goal in Battlefield and it’s to make sure the skies are clear. He just sits and SOFLAMs the entire match and it’s great.

It's the best when you do this and the skylords make increasingly desperate attempts at taking you down

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's the best when you do this and the skylords make increasingly desperate attempts at taking you down

Just plopping an angel crate down at a specific point and bugging aircraft and repelling attackers is a nice way to spend a round. And yeah eventually you will have all of the enemy team's choppers making runs at you, jets trying to crash into you, etc, which means you're doing a great job

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Charles 1998 posted:

Stop! You're destroying the narrative that Steam's review system isn't as good as paid reviewers or review sites that allow people who never played the game to review.

Are you not smart enough to know when a game is good or not and need the power of the mob to tell you when you should enjoy a game or not?

Why is your posting so poo poo and aggressive?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

There's no visual indication someone is using the SOFLAM on a vehicle though, right? I've used it a couple times with friends in a squad on comms, but it seems like there's little point with randoms because they'd have to HAPPEN to be pointing at the vehicle I'm painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

Are you not smart enough to know when a game is good or not and need the power of the mob to tell you when you should enjoy a game or not?

Why is your posting so poo poo and aggressive?

Cyberpunk 2077's current rating on steam shows that user reviews are mostly worthless