Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ultravoices posted:

i haven't quizzed every attendee, but if the few bars that require presenting vax cards at entry are the gay ones, i think there is a correlation.

ok but that has nothing to do with what i asked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

noted epidemiology publication The Financial Times

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

"'No evidence' that he is a corn cob, says man who claims he is not owned."

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I went to a different centre and they gave me my 3rd shot of nanobots with no issues about the exact timing after the last one.

The physician group at work thought it was very funny the nurses at the last centre denied me the bots "pour votre propre sécurité"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fabricated posted:

That's a model that isn't based on real world data (basically they have no solid data yet locally), vs South Africa's month of real world data.

Sagebrush posted:

noted epidemiology publication The Financial Times
It's describing a study from Imperial College that I believe is actually based on real world data from the UK but whatever, I don't know why I bothered posting it. There's no point arguing about how severe Omicron is right now because regardless of what turns out to be the case everyone will know soon enough anyway, so if you want to assume it's mild for the moment I guess knock yourself out.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Omicron is kicking rear end and taking names in Europe right now, so much so that they have governments making GBS threads their pants and now the eligibility for booster has been reduced to 3 mo after last dose instead of 6 in a lot of countries.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Netherlands is scrambling to scale up their booster program (it was way too slow, just like the vaccination program last winter) and they have a shortage of people and their phone system is overloaded. So it's gonna be f5'ing the vaccine appointment websites all day when my birth year gets opened up.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

spankmeister posted:

Omicron is kicking rear end and taking names in Europe right now, so much so that they have governments making GBS threads their pants and now the eligibility for booster has been reduced to 3 mo after last dose instead of 6 in a lot of countries.

but it's milder u guys

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
im gonna go to costco in a bit here and ill take some pictures of some of the cool costco stuff that they have

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm hoping to score a moderna instead of pfizer/BNT, but i'll take either tbqh, pfizer's good too. you don't get a choice here, so it's a matter of figuring out where they're using moderna and making your appointment there.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i found this post to be a super informative non hysterical take with all the latest info omicron:
https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/omicron-update-dec-17

get boosted asap folks

tldr: 1 million cases/day in early jan in the us most likely, but we'll run out of test infrastructure before then, lol.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

spankmeister posted:

I'm hoping to score a moderna instead of pfizer/BNT, but i'll take either tbqh, pfizer's good too. you don't get a choice here, so it's a matter of figuring out where they're using moderna and making your appointment there.

do they have Moderna p much anywhere? I don’t know of anyone that got it or even saw it, I’d imagine you’d be hard pressed to find it honestly

and even if you find a place that does routinely give out Moderna, they could switch on a day basis to Pfizer for supply reasons

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sniep posted:

im gonna go to costco in a bit here and ill take some pictures of some of the cool costco stuff that they have

This would be great. I've never been inside a CostCo.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Video Nasty posted:

This would be great. I've never been inside a CostCo.

Ooh you're in for a Kirkland Signature Treat.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sniep posted:

I have always wondered about the quality of their single malts tbh

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

do they have Moderna p much anywhere? I don’t know of anyone that got it or even saw it, I’d imagine you’d be hard pressed to find it honestly

and even if you find a place that does routinely give out Moderna, they could switch on a day basis to Pfizer for supply reasons

Costco here in SoCal has been the consistent source of Moderna boosters here.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

I dont know this time around. Last time they were using Moderna exclusively in Rijswijk. (I'm in The Hague so that's nbd.)

My plan now is to scour twitter for people tweeting about their shots :downs:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sniep posted:

🙏

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

but we'll run out of test infrastructure before then, lol.

lol

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

here, downtown is all pfiz and burbs are all mod

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr Superawesome, like myself, is from The Netherlands. So while your comments are surely appreciated, they are pretty moot.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

carry on then posted:

but it's milder u guys
it can be milder and also still very bad for hospital systems. These are two things that can be true at the same time since it spreads far worse

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
next four weeks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiq0AoP3vJM

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Fabricated posted:

it can be milder and also still very bad for hospital systems. These are two things that can be true at the same time since it spreads far worse

but the twitter scientist said its milder i'm going to brunch

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

covid will never get better or go away until a global communist dictatorship orders everyone on earth at gunpoint to get vaccinated and isolate. period.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sniep posted:

lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

carry on then posted:

covid will never get better or go away until a global communist dictatorship orders everyone on earth at gunpoint to get vaccinated and isolate. period.

yeah i'm not sure how anyone can disagree with this, it's so obviously true

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

spankmeister posted:

I dont know this time around. Last time they were using Moderna exclusively in Rijswijk. (I'm in The Hague so that's nbd.)

My plan now is to scour twitter for people tweeting about their shots :downs:

sounds like a high effort strat, but goonspeed nonetheless

I still gotta wait until mid Jan before they open up boosters to all over 18s :saddumb:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

carry on then posted:

but the twitter scientist said its milder i'm going to brunch
The cool part about the brunchers is that this time they're definitely getting it if they try to ignore it by having their servers in hazmat suits and taking pcr tests every two minutes

There's a great article where a bunch of the bruncher journalist types are whining about catching omicron in new York because it's ruining their parties

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

sounds like a high effort strat, but goonspeed nonetheless

I still gotta wait until mid Jan before they open up boosters to all over 18s :saddumb:

They said they want to have _finished_ by mid jan with all over 18's. If they can achieve this remains to be seen, but I'd expect it to open up a couple weeks earlier for you.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

spankmeister posted:

They said they want to have _finished_ by mid jan with all over 18's. If they can achieve this remains to be seen, but I'd expect it to open up a couple weeks earlier for you.

last I heard was that they wanted to offer it to everyone by mid Jan? not that that means much with how often the govt position changes!

the Americans are lucky in that everyone there can get boosters nice and early, but at least here in NL our take up is way higher and there are even queues & fights to get the shot, and the booking website & call centres are overwhelmed. you win some you lose some

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

last I heard was that they wanted to offer it to everyone by mid Jan? not that that means much with how often the govt position changes!

the Americans are lucky in that everyone there can get boosters nice and early, but at least here in NL our take up is way higher and there are even queues & fights to get the shot, and the booking website & call centres are overwhelmed. you win some you lose some

NL is not exactly top of the class when it comes to pandemic response lol

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

spankmeister posted:

NL is not exactly top of the class when it comes to pandemic response lol

oh absolutely, too little too late, but still better than eg the UK which is… even less and even later

weirdly our total cases per capita (across entire pandemic) are super high but deaths are super low

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart...1&values=deaths

this is also mostly pre-omicron, the next few weeks should be fun

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pittsburgh hospitals were already warning that they were near capacity weeks ago because of all the rural areas 150 miles in every direction overflowing to here

can't wait!!!

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

this is also mostly pre-omicron, the next few weeks should be fun
aaaaand right on cue it looks like NL will be going into a hard lockdown in a few days, :waycool:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

phd's not talking about product choice or lack thereof being the stressor. theyre right btw costco is vaguely culty

the cultiest thing i saw at costco was the costco christmas puzzle. it’s a puzzle but the scene is an extremely busy costco store.

it’s just too much brand for me, especially these days. like it’s a nightmare puzzle now that would give me anxiety.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

looking through some old posts and came across this:

shoeberto posted:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...s-through-march
My dad works for a federal agency and was telling me last night that DHS was sharing this model, too. We both called bullshit on the "no winter surge" theory. Motherfuckers are still gonna be gathering en masse for the holidays.

lol

lmao

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

no no that's all wrong

it's a surge during no winter

because it will never drop below 50 degrees this year

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sniep posted:

https://youtu.be/ZIFCWpn4qQ4

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
stop worrying about covid and smoke some dope thru a bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

It's time!

So first things first, when you arrive at costco, you need to get gas. Why at costco? Where else are you going to get gas at, genius? 76? Chevron? Shell? All those places sell gas that pollute the environment, way to go smart guy. I choose to get mine at Costco instead because I care about things like that.

Ok now that we've got gas we can move along to the store itself. Time to make the trek from the parkng lot into the store.

Cool we made it inside! Time to check out some of the great merchandise! First thing when you walk in you'll see some of the current special promotional items which are always hot sellers. Let's see what we've got up first:

Item #4413025 - Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air-Fry Oven - $139.99

Item #2473236 - Cuisinart Digital Toaster Oven w/ Air Fry Settings - $159.99

Neat! Ok let's check out some of the rest of this huge, giant store! Let's check out some aisle endcaps - also a great spot to find great steals!

Item #2234400 - Oster French Door Toaster Oven With Air Fry - $149.99

Item #5232432 - Gourmia 7QT Air Fryer - $39.99

Cool bargain price on that one! Let's take a turn into the aisle and see what awaits us!

Item #3388088 - Ninja Foodi 10QT Air Fryer Dual Zone Technology - $119.99

Item #2443715 - Sur La Table 13QT Air Fryer w/ Rotisserie Basket - $119.99

Wow! Like I was telling you guys, this place is just incredible. I'd suggest you stop in yourself and check out what your local Costco has in-store!