Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
my costco also sells other products besides air fryers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
tag yourself, i'm guilt free fried food

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im the cool touch technology

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sniep posted:

It's time!

So first things first, when you arrive at costco, you need to get gas. Why at costco? Where else are you going to get gas at, genius? 76? Chevron? Shell? All those places sell gas that pollute the environment, way to go smart guy. I choose to get mine at Costco instead because I care about things like that.

Ok now that we've got gas we can move along to the store itself. Time to make the trek from the parkng lot into the store.

Cool we made it inside! Time to check out some of the great merchandise! First thing when you walk in you'll see some of the current special promotional items which are always hot sellers. Let's see what we've got up first:

Item #4413025 - Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air-Fry Oven - $139.99

Item #2473236 - Cuisinart Digital Toaster Oven w/ Air Fry Settings - $159.99

Neat! Ok let's check out some of the rest of this huge, giant store! Let's check out some aisle endcaps - also a great spot to find great steals!

Item #2234400 - Oster French Door Toaster Oven With Air Fry - $149.99

Item #5232432 - Gourmia 7QT Air Fryer - $39.99

Cool bargain price on that one! Let's take a turn into the aisle and see what awaits us!

Item #3388088 - Ninja Foodi 10QT Air Fryer Dual Zone Technology - $119.99

Item #2443715 - Sur La Table 13QT Air Fryer w/ Rotisserie Basket - $119.99

Wow! Like I was telling you guys, this place is just incredible. I'd suggest you stop in yourself and check out what your local Costco has in-store!

which one did you buy OP?

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

also if we vaguely touch on fryerchat, i will never turn down the chance to recommend proper deep fat fryers (airfryers are a glorified oven with extra airflow)

deep fat fryers with built in oil filtration are the poo poo!!! https://www.tefal.co.uk/Cooking-app...ns/p/7211002452

ur oil is always clean and easy to change after it gets dirty/burnt after a few fries, and if you fry like tempura or breaded poo poo or whatever its easy to filter out the crap and make sure you have that good clean oil

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

also if we vaguely touch on fryerchat, i will never turn down the chance to recommend proper deep fat fryers (airfryers are a glorified oven with extra airflow)

deep fat fryers with built in oil filtration are the poo poo!!! https://www.tefal.co.uk/Cooking-app...ns/p/7211002452

how many french fries do you eat every day op

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

fart simpson posted:

how many french fries do you eat every day op

every day not that many, but in an average week i will probably break out the deep fryer at least once.

tofu, aubergine, courgette, chips (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿ish chips), all fuckin own from a deep fryer. :getin: (oven/airfryer doesn't come close)

i even actually nailed sweet potato chips yesterday, same method as you use for regular chips but then you toss em in cornflour slurry (1:1 water cornflour) before frying. was pleased with that one since ive been trying to do it properly for years

but yeah, deep frying, its cool and good!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

AnimeIsTrash posted:

which one did you buy OP?

I already have two.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sniep posted:

I already have two.

buy another one

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

whoever thought of rebranding convection toaster ovens as air fryers is a marketing genius

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Achmed Jones posted:

whoever thought of rebranding convection toaster ovens as air fryers is a marketing genius

It's legitimately incredible. They managed to sell a convection oven with less space for a premium price.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

not to "well actually" this poo poo but the difference between convection ovens (at least built in ones) and air fryers is that air fryers can force more hot air a bit better (faster, higher volume) which probably translates to marginally better results. the difference between a full-size built-in oven and a air fryer is gonna be bigger than the difference between a countertop oven and an airfryer.

similar to how fan ovens can operate on lower temps (and marginally shorter cooking times) than regular convection ovens

unless you really are watching your cholesterol or whatever i would always just get a deep fryer for the frying use-cases (and keep your regular oven for baking). dont bother with the airfryer

Mr SuperAwesome fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 18, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mr airfryer

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i don't care if it's a glorified toaster oven I am very happy with my Philips air frier

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sniep posted:

It's time!

So first things first, when you arrive at costco, you need to get gas. Why at costco? Where else are you going to get gas at, genius? 76? Chevron? Shell? All those places sell gas that pollute the environment, way to go smart guy. I choose to get mine at Costco instead because I care about things like that.

Ok now that we've got gas we can move along to the store itself. Time to make the trek from the parkng lot into the store.

Cool we made it inside! Time to check out some of the great merchandise! First thing when you walk in you'll see some of the current special promotional items which are always hot sellers. Let's see what we've got up first:

Neat! Ok let's check out some of the rest of this huge, giant store! Let's check out some aisle endcaps - also a great spot to find great steals!

Cool bargain price on that one! Let's take a turn into the aisle and see what awaits us!

Wow! Like I was telling you guys, this place is just incredible. I'd suggest you stop in yourself and check out what your local Costco has in-store!

:allears:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sniep posted:

It's time!

Maybe the internet had broken my brain but I can't tell whether this is meant seriously or ironically

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

mystes posted:

Maybe the internet had broken my brain but I can't tell whether this is meant seriously or ironically

Ironically. It's a satire about the fart-huffing nature of costco and the underlying needless excess consumerism such where one store has 6 differently branded but otherwise near loving identical fad cooking gadgets because capitalism.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

i was costco married to a dude for a few years, its fine.

this requires friends

mystes
May 31, 2006

Oh okay good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sniep posted:

It's time!

you know i love you like a brother and id take a bullet for you, but this post is insanely decadent if you're playing this straight (i dont think you are, i hope?) lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's capitalism that is decadent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways im gonna figure out the most yospos move

im gonna go tomorrow and buy a costco membership

and never use it and let it expire

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Post your best costco purchases

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just get the membership and use it for things that don't go bad. i shopped there when i was single and it was fine. don't be dumb and buy poo poo that'll go bad, but frozen chicken, rice, oil, paper goods, bath stuff, medicine, etc are all reasonable things to buy

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Post your best costco purchases
Not getting a Costco membership

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

just renewed my membership. got me a hot dog to go with :hellyeah:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Achmed Jones posted:

just get the membership and use it for things that don't go bad. i shopped there when i was single and it was fine. don't be dumb and buy poo poo that'll go bad, but frozen chicken, rice, oil, paper goods, bath stuff, medicine, etc are all reasonable things to buy

This

Also you can get a million cans of sparkling water for cheap

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

you're pretty on point here but i wanted to remind you here that frozen storage is a class issue and some of us that have glorified dorm fridges in our rentals cant freeze six months of meat like all yall homeowners

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

goddamn does our ape brain love this poo poo

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

you're pretty on point here but i wanted to remind you here that frozen storage is a class issue and some of us that have glorified dorm fridges in our rentals cant freeze six months of meat like all yall homeowners

a while back, i picked up a small chest freezer for ~ a hundred dollars. it sits on the porch in a corner, takes up just a few feet of space. affordable cold storage is available that would fit, even in your small place. also though, i haven't re-upped my costco membership on account of rona, and the only thing i have left from that still is a big bottle of worchester sauce, and half a large sack of rice that lives atop the fridge. neither of which are frozen

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Broken Machine posted:

a while back, i picked up a small chest freezer for ~ a hundred dollars. it sits on the porch in a corner, takes up just a few feet of space. affordable cold storage is available that would fit, even in your small place. also though, i haven't re-upped my costco membership on account of rona, and the only thing i have left from that still is a big bottle of worchester sauce, and half a large sack of rice that lives atop the fridge. neither of which are frozen

i have the same freezer, it's great. i keep all the bulk frozen meat i buy at costco in it. also when there's hurricanes i fill it full of gallon ziplocks of water.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i kinda smell what you're stepping in but i also hold that costco is a bad deal unless you're high five low six figgies. fresh food storage capacity is absolutely a class issue. i have basically infinicash for things at this level and i still have to deal with and get upset when a couple bananas rot. also its really difficult to deal with appliances like chest freezers if your remotely itinerant

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my old office was about a five minute walk from a Costco so we’d frequently do Costco runs for lunch because their food court is inexpensive and really solid quality

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Kazinsal posted:

my old office was about a five minute walk from a Costco so we’d frequently do Costco runs for lunch because their food court is inexpensive and really solid quality

:goonsay:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Jonny 290 posted:

i still have to deal with and get upset when a couple bananas rot.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sniep posted:

It's time!

:five:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

i kinda smell what you're stepping in but i also hold that costco is a bad deal unless you're high five low six figgies. fresh food storage capacity is absolutely a class issue. i have basically infinicash for things at this level and i still have to deal with and get upset when a couple bananas rot. also its really difficult to deal with appliances like chest freezers if your remotely itinerant

that's their customer base, yes, and you're part of that demo as well. their food court is pretty good though, it's worth a membership to try their food court stuff at least a few times imho, and enjoy some nice inexpensive rice and such

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i live in 400 square feet and i'm not nearly loving stupid enough to pay a $99 flat fee so i can buy a 24-pack of banana nut muffins that go moldy after i eat seven of them and get fat

income != lifestyle

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
costco is laser focused with 10m a year of psychologists and behavioral experts on retainer to appeal to people like my mom, who "won't shop at walmart" because "the customers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
what do you need a costco membership for, the instacart guy can deal with that