Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

njsykora posted:

he never stopped being that, he just kept his head down after the curiosity and godus disasters, supposedly at the orders of the actual business head of his studio

Right, he was not heard from, and I'd forgotten he existed until this - the ideal state of being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh it's not just him.

quote:

Gala Games is an NFT-focused gaming startup led by Zynga co-founder Eric Schiermeyer, and it’s teaming up with C2 Ventures, a new crypto investment firm, to invest in game developers interested in developing new titles and expansions around blockchain technology. This includes NFTs, play-to-earn games, and more.

[...]

The Sims creator Will Wright was also present during the Galaverse event and there, he “revealed his newly established creative partnership as he and his team at Gallium Studios will lend their extensive experience to assist in the development of Gala Games’ blockchain VOX metaverse and game world from the ground-up,” according to the press release. Gala says VOX NFTs are collectibles “with a real play-to-earn utility” across Gala’s games” like Town Star and soon, Mirandus. However, it says there is not a game dedicated natively to the VOX metaverse and that Wright and Gallium Studios are going to “create and build the Voxverse.”

Gala says details of Wright’s new game will be revealed in the coming months.

Elsewhere during Galaverse, AMC announced that it is partnering with Ember Entertainment to launch a “new cross-platform survival MMORPG” called The Walking Dead: Empires. In it, players “will be able to purchase ‘Dead Claims’ which will give early buyers the chance to claim an ideal plot of land prior to the game’s release.”

Certain Affinity, which helped co-develop Halo Infinite with 343 Industries, also revealed that it’s bringing a new game, Last Expedition, to the Gala Platform. Gala’s press release says Certain Affinity “aims to pair the quality of a AAA FPS with the benefits of blockchain gaming,” although further details were not revealed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

will wright nuked his career and credibility far more effectively than molyneux though

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Did anyone say, "Butt-Zynga," yet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

njsykora posted:

will wright nuked his career and credibility far more effectively than molyneux though

i didn't know who that was so i looked them up and found this image

:crossarms:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Midjack posted:

i'd probably spend that time looking for a new job, lest you end up the sequel to pleasurekevin.

what happened to pleasurekevin?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Boxturret posted:

i didn't know who that was so i looked them up and found this image

:crossarms:
voretipsguzzardo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Juul-Whip posted:

got a job at a crypto company, didn't get paid, and died :rip:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Juul-Whip posted:

:ghost:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Speaking of :ghost:s the self-proclaimed bitcoin loving anarchist that claimed everybody is a joe biden lover for not loving bitcoin got banned a few minutes ago for telling people to kill themselves over sixers :rip:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Speaking of :ghost:s the self-proclaimed bitcoin loving anarchist that claimed everybody is a joe biden lover for not loving bitcoin got banned a few minutes ago for telling people to kill themselves over sixers :rip:

:rip:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i do not in fact think it is "white rich dudes making money"

there are at least 3 words i disagree with

Boxturret posted:

got a job at a crypto company, didn't get paid, and died :rip:

when i saw him some time after that in another thread i asked how it went and he said he couldn't talk about it because the court case was still pending lmao

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EorayMel posted:

xlol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

also please proceed to post a banme for the horrible crime of reading the leppers colony, that is doxxing

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth--it is the truth which conceals that there is none.

The simulacrum is true.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Mercury_Storm posted:

Kickstarter's reply upon asking them to reverse course on blockchain poo poo:

oh yes the entire Internet will be restructured on a distributed ledger, sure

I don't know about anyone else, but the term "whitepaper" has basically lost all positive connotations it used to have for me since every mook on the internet has written one about blockchain poo poo.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
the whitest papers

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

wait pleasurekevin's dead? drat.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I had forgotten the Molyneux RPS interview and, well

quote:

Peter Molyneux: One is, John, you're becoming very emotional, I think firstly you need to take a breath, because if I had walked away from Godus I'd agree with your points, but I haven't walked away from Godus. We are committed to Godus, we are recruiting people to go on to Godus, I have never moved that percentage beyond 52% where it is now.

RPS: How long should backers wait for you to deliver the game they paid for three years ago?

Peter Molyneux: I don't know. All I know is that there are people here that have been working on Godus, that we have worked on Godus for one hundred and twenty thousand man-hours. We have got three terabytes of documentary feature. We've replied to 31,000 posts and tickets. We've done 57 community videos. Do you know how many updates we've done on Steam?

RPS: I don't think anyone who paid for the game cares.

Peter Molyneux: How many updates have we done on Steam?

RPS: I don't think anyone who paid for the game cares. I think they want the game they paid for three years ago or their money back.

Peter Molyneux: We're trying as hard as we possibly can.

RPS: I don't think you are. You’ve said yourself--

Peter Molyneux: John, John, John--

RPS: You said yourself, that you should not have gone and focused on the mobile version until the PC version was finished. This is all very disingenuous in light of you saying that.

This was 6 years ago. Godus is still in early access.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I had forgotten the Molyneux RPS interview and, well

This was 6 years ago. Godus is still in early access.

Wikipedia posted:

While the mobile versions of the game continue to be updated, the early access Steam release has yet to see an updated beta since 2016. The contract of the lead developer of the game, Konrad Naszynski, expired 28 June 2016, and it has been reported that there is no one left working on the PC version.[2] As of December 2021, 7 years after the last update on the PC version, the game is still being advertised as early access.

ahahaha like half the intro blurb is salt

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

With the end of Molyneux's social experiment, Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?, it was revealed that in Godus a single person will reign as the virtual god over all other players. It was also revealed that this same player will receive a portion of the revenue made by the game.[12] As of February 2015, the winner Bryan Henderson has still not received the prize.[13][14] In March 2017, Molyneux claimed that Godus had not made a profit and Henderson would not receive money.[15]

well i can't see anything going wrong with the NFT venture then

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The Ones Who Walk Away from Godus

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Isn't that the same guy who said :actually: GTA 5 breaking 1 billion dollars in sales in 1 day isn't impressive :actually:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shame Boy posted:

well i can't see anything going wrong with the NFT venture then

going wrong would require it to get going in the first place

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That NFT game sounds like playing Monopoly, but all of the properties are already owned by other players when you start the game. Who would want to play that? I don't get it.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/El_Crypto_Chapo/status/1471941739594268676?t=fJ1AFZjaSwrN2yH8FRCwqw&s=19

lmao.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

gotta protect my asset values through the law.

they're going to be adding neighborhood rent a cops to keep out undesirables next

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

as usual the first reply is shilling some other stupid coin, but now every NFT has to have a game tied to it for some inexplicable reason

https://twitter.com/maaaarsup/status/1471942105706729477

game in development! lots of advertising! y'know, for the game, not at all to pump the price!!

tbh i am mostly mad that they're ruining the good name of devo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/Game_Devolution/status/1470732732699455495

wait is this just loving digimon

https://twitter.com/Game_Devolution/status/1468358973292261378

guys you can't just make loving digimon

https://twitter.com/Game_Devolution/status/1466503291362238471

oh come on

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/SGB6637/status/1471943526204116995

what a great idea, everyone can just have their own separate disconnected world. they could all run their own server too so its distributed! why didn't anyone think of this before?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

if there is anything I learned from star citizen it's that any idiot can pump out 3d models all day, but even 800 idiots can't make a game to string them together

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what if you just make a game that can contain every other game?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Boxturret posted:

what if you just make a game that can contain every other game?

some sort of meta game?

ridiculous!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The coping strategies of Star Citizen JPEG bulls will map so neatly onto NFT "games", it's perfect. It rules, actually, that this buggy broken sandbox has no content and I have to invent my own gameplay on the fly like its schoolyard make-believe, and not just because I have hundreds of thousands of dollars sunk into virtual assets, but because this is on the cutting-edge, the future of gaming. Enjoy your polished triple-A Call of Duties, normie, while I play tag with an off-brand Pokemon that cost more than your house :smuggo:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
every single pitch for the "metaverse" sounds like you misunderstood the alignment choices and got the bad ending in a shin megami tensei game

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
getting fined by my metaverse HOA because they decided that the Sonic the Hedgehog nft in my virtual yard violates the neighbourhood's "no furries" policy

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
always knew something was missing from Animal Crossing: being able to play as Tom Nook. Thanks Metaverse!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I give up, whose is Metaverse?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

gschmidl posted:

I give up, whose is Metaverse?

metaverse is facebook's second life ripoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

infernal machines posted:

metaverse is facebook's second life ripoff

So anyone can just dump anything in there without regulation or oversi... why am I even asking this