Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

2022 - the jokerification of america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm actually a voter who's been sympathetic to harm reduction arguments (probably an outlier here), but I think I'm done with that now lol

I am willing to vote for harm reduction it’s just that Biden isn’t harm reduction. I would’ve voted for every candidate in the Dem primary over Trump except for three and they were hickenlooper, Bloomberg, and Biden

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
when biden's seemingly lost even commiegir you know things are dire

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pobrecito posted:

when biden's seemingly lost even commiegir you know things are dire

the best thing that happened in 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it’s super funny how awful joe Biden is

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Chuck Schumer, the guy who asks an imaginary white conservative family who lives in his head for advice whenever he makes a decision, has been publicly begging Joe Biden to do something about student loans

Chuck loving Schumer thinks Joe Biden should do something, that's how bad the party is right now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

South Carolina

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

Chuck Schumer, the guy who asks an imaginary white conservative family who lives in his head for advice whenever he makes a decision, has been publicly begging Joe Biden to do something about student loans

Chuck loving Schumer thinks Joe Biden should do something, that's how bad the party is right now

I was pretty shocked by this, I guess he hasn't gotten his check yet.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
just remembered the lincoln project

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

2016: in november we will witness the death of the republican party!
2022: god please let us lose by enough to keep republicans from amending the constitution

great going guys!
what's that slogan that was used in 2016 that went "X means Y" or "X is Y" and it was about the changing composition of america meaning dems would win all the time
it got dropped after the latino vote for trump was higher in '20 than in '16 lol

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
"Demographics are destiny", that's the one

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

having fun owning the libs with "i dunno guys, biden's keeping a lot of trump's policies in place anyway like immigration, not doing anything about the court which is gonna repeal roe vs wade, he hasn't got covid under control or anything, and he's restarting student loans. in the meantime big don got vaccines under development, stopped student loan payments, and gave me some money. maybe big don was good..." to watch the meltdowns

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kazzah posted:

"Demographics are destiny", that's the one

yes that's the one!
it turned very quickly into "latino males are hardwired for conservatism! crying_emoji", even here on SA someone ate a ban for that kind of talk.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm actually a voter who's been sympathetic to harm reduction arguments (probably an outlier here), but I think I'm done with that now lol

same. i expected biden and his administration to be bad but this is something else.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
there is no other explanation for the democrats behavior other than that they’re working for the republicans lol

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
anyone who relies on consumer spending who's paying attention right now has to be freaking out

it's like when chuds complain about the gubmint taking their money with taxes, except it's actually really, for real happening this time. the federal government is just reaching in and wrecking the consumer spending potential of a massive segment of the population.

holy moly

edit- lol I just realized that anyone who actually did experience some wage gains over the last year is getting a portion of them clawed back by this if they're used to running with an IBR plan

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

there is no other explanation for the democrats behavior other than that they’re working for the republicans lol

they just work for the same people the republicans do

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lord of Pie posted:

they've been dead for a while, it's just that the stink is finally getting to be unbearable

The last chance for the Democrats was in the wake of 2016 when a world historical humiliation would've given the party enough cause to clean house of all the incompetents and take the party in a new direction. Instead they doubled down on their failure being Russia's fault, and clinging to power set themselves up for an even more total humiliation in the near future.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The last chance for the Democrats was in the wake of 2016 when a world historical humiliation would've given the party enough cause to clean house of all the incompetents and take the party in a new direction. Instead they doubled down on their failure being Russia's fault, and clinging to power set themselves up for an even more total humiliation in the near future.

gonna lol when they go exponential by having Hillary run again in 2024

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I 1000% hope it’s Hilary Clinton vs Trump in 2024

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t wait for Dems to continue winning the popular vote with higher margins but still end up losing the electoral vote because the republicans continued redistricting and election efforts paying off. We’re going to have 1-3 states in ‘24 straight up ignore the popular vote and the courts will allow it and the dems will at most write a memo condemning the move.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t wait for Dems to continue winning the popular vote with higher margins but still end up losing the electoral vote because the republicans continued redistricting and election efforts paying off. We’re going to have 1-3 states in ‘24 straight up ignore the popular vote and the courts will allow it and the dems will at most write a memo condemning the move.

dems ain’t winning the popular vote in 2024

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

lol if dems even manage to not scrounge up enough votes in ‘24 to win the popular vote it’ll be a 400+ EV win for the gop

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
The GOP is the harm reduction party. Harm is reduced by acceleration.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The faster Dems get gerrymandered and voter restricted into an irrelevant rump party at the national level the faster we can drop the pretense that we live in some sort of democracy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mind_Taker posted:

A very Democratic Party move would be for them to realize they are going to get blown the gently caress out in 2024 and respond by devoting 90% of their resources to get out the vote efforts in New York and California to try and salvage the meaningless popular vote.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axetrain posted:

The faster Dems get gerrymandered and voter restricted into an irrelevant rump party at the national level the faster we can drop the pretense that we live in some sort of democracy.

actually this would be great for democracy. in like 50 years after the gop ends up destroying itself because lmao at the gop operating with a boogeyman in power (themselves)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1472574357864173570

Lol. Seeing what BBB turned into. Good. No free community college. No expanded CTC made permanent. No real expansion of transition away from fossil fuel cars. Democrats deserve this.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Crowsbeak posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1472574357864173570

Lol. Seeing what BBB turned into. Good. No free community college. No expanded CTC made permanent. No real expansion of transition away from fossil fuel cars. Democrats deserve this.

lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Wonder how much of this and likeminded npcs we will see on tiktok in 2024 telling you to vote against Trump?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PerfectGameLex/status/1472583739201003520

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Axetrain posted:

wow, accelerationist much?

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

its pretty dire when even the Baileys are more left than the dem pres

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Schumer knows that if the party alienate the young then their finished in most places even in slot of Senate races and that the donors won’t call him if he cannot be part of the loyal opposition to Capital.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DoubleDonut posted:

I figured he is just doing stuff like that to do the bare minimum needed to prevent AOC from running against him next time he’s up for re-election. Joke’s on him because she’s been fully captured by the party apparatus and never would threaten a party elder anymore but that’s for a different thread.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thoguh posted:

I figured he is just doing stuff like that to do the bare minimum needed to prevent AOC from running against him next time he’s up for re-election. Joke’s on him because she’s been fully captured by the party apparatus and never would threaten a party elder anymore but that’s for a different thread.

Nah that can go here too

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

RC Cola posted:

Nah that can go here too

Kinda but I skip the succ zone for a reason, because it succs when there isn’t an active election going and is obsessed with unsourced quotes, and I like this being a thread to make fun of democrats without being the succ zone.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can we make fun of AOC getting destroyed in 2022?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

Can we make fun of AOC getting destroyed in 2022?

She’s in a very safe seat. We will still have her after 2022. She’ll remain to tell all to vote against fascist Trump in 2024.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1472574760827637761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007