Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Newbie
How do I?
My brother in law moved up here with us from Florida this past August.
I got him warm socks for Christmas, along with fleece lined jeans.
The forum title reminded me that practical gifts are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Good socks are great. I wish I could get more of those Pearl Izumi wool socks. They were so nice and kept my feet nice and warm even in the Chicago winter without being too thick and uncomfortable.

Silly Newbie
How do I?

Escape From Noise posted:

Good socks are great. I wish I could get more of those Pearl Izumi wool socks. They were so nice and kept my feet nice and warm even in the Chicago winter without being too thick and uncomfortable.

Are those decent? I just got the man the best that bass pro had to offer, because it seemed like they'd have the local best in the "toes don't freeze off" line, locally.
But he's got a birthday coming up, and I need more warm socks too.

Escape From Noise

Silly Newbie posted:

Are those decent? I just got the man the best that bass pro had to offer, because it seemed like they'd have the local best in the "toes don't freeze off" line, locally.
But he's got a birthday coming up, and I need more warm socks too.

Depends what you're looking for. They worked for me, but they're primarily cycling socks. People here have recommended Darn Tough Socks

biosterous

darn tough brand socks, for sure. i love mine, they are comfy and warm and last forever. i just need to get at least two pairs for xmas and then i'll be able to wear them every day basically forever

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Depends what you're looking for. They worked for me, but they're primarily cycling socks. People here have recommended Darn Tough Socks

And Smartwool

nut

wow this gift socks

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Miffed by the constant struggle over finding a matching pair of sock during laundry I threw all my socks away and bought one type of sock, in many colors, so I always have a matching type of sock, if just not in the right color. And that type of sock was Mirmaru. They're snug, they're thick, they're awesome. Basically like hiking socks.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Viginti Septem posted:

Miffed by the constant struggle over finding a matching pair of sock during laundry I threw all my socks away and bought one type of sock, in many colors, so I always have a matching type of sock, if just not in the right color. And that type of sock was Mirmaru. They're snug, they're thick, they're awesome. Basically like hiking socks.

i've started going for quantity over quality, so i just have like 20 pairs of socks in different weird patterns. i should probably do this instead though

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Viginti Septem posted:

I do this. I have several pairs of one type and color of sock, and honestly, it's been great

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i get by w/ stealing odd socks from peoples dryers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cruft

Wow. Wasn't sure what this thread was going to be about, but the title delivered. :five:

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Darn Tough Socks are a Vermont delight, Bingo Bango asks for some every year

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

Darn Tough Socks are a Vermont delight

Much like ur posting

cruft

Much like ur posting

:iceburn:

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
ahoy now!!!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Chinatown

by Fluffdaddy
i wear socks almost every day

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
socks? more like sucks :evilbuddy:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

xcheopis

Much like ur posting

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

cruft

Really hopin' for new socks this holiday season.

Escape From Noise

This thread feels like a missed opportunity to use the Fox In Socks thread tag. Could a mod fix this?

Silly Newbie
How do I?

This thread feels like a missed opportunity to use the Fox In Socks thread tag. Could a mod fix this?

Yeah, that one was mine to lose.
I do appreciate all the good Sock Chat though, brother in law is gonna have some warm feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Silly Newbie posted:

Yeah, that one was mine to lose.
I do appreciate all the good Sock Chat though, brother in law is gonna have some warm feet.

No worries! I get it! Sometimes you :justpost: and forget to select a tag!