Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lampsacus posted:

Just watching station eleven s01e01
Not really spoilers but just in case
"what happens when your phone dies? Do you die?"
Also, there is a shot 18 mins in which I said out loud to nobody "that's good, that's real good" you know those moments when a pilot does something where you think yes, this is a show I will probably like? :)

Which shot? I had a couple of those that I really liked, although the top-tier stuff is actually in episodes 2 and 3 so far for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/1472978578363068422

Because it was dumb

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hasn't been for years since they add more and more commercials.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Finally catching up on the last few episodes of Chucky and just finished Episode 6.

Wow, killing off two parents in a single episode. At this rate everyone is going to be an orphan by the end of the season.

Also, fantastic job character building that I worry first about what this will do to Jake and Devon's relationship.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/RaphaelBW/status/1472993528363958278

Shiv: Tina
Tom: Amy
Kendall: Colin
Roman: Sandler
Frank: Jimmy
Gerri: Kenan

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i don't know the show to know your pics but Tina Amy Kenan only ones I feel like I'd like.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

My favourite squirrel related video is the one Mark Rober did.
https://youtu.be/DTvS9lvRxZ8

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Started binge watching Succession. Hot drat, what a show. The writing and pacing is so tight, like if the Veep writers made a drama and gave it a little more room to breathe.

In season 1, loving LOL at Roman watching that shuttle blowup. Also, just watched the first episode of season 2 and what a scene with Shivan and Logan, where she accepts the job. Two fantastic performances.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It won’t be a surprise to you that creator Jesse Armstrong wrote for The Thick of It (and I think the first season of Veep too).

Also, I’m sure everyone knows this by now, but it’s worth mentioning in case there’s even one person who isn’t aware: he’s also the co-creator of British sitcom Peep Show.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

Which shot? I had a couple of those that I really liked, although the top-tier stuff is actually in episodes 2 and 3 so far for me.

episode 2 was beautiful and Mackenzie Davis nailed it. the show itself has such a unique tone to it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Paracaidas posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaphaelBW/status/1472993528363958278

Shiv: Tina
Tom: Amy
Kendall: Colin
Roman: Sandler
Frank: Jimmy
Gerri: Kenan

I am only onnthe 1st season but Greg is Pete Davidson right?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
A funny observation I just had: they should just let Netflix take control of the COVID pandemic,
given they never let anything run past three
seasons.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wizard Master posted:

A funny observation I just had: they should just let Netflix take control of the COVID pandemic,
given they never let anything run past three
seasons.

Doesn't matter, a small and dedicated fanbase wouldn't ever stop stunts to keep it going.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well, that's kind of what we have right now. Certain groups are pretty much rallying to keep covid going.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Cojawfee posted:

Well, that's kind of what we have right now. Certain groups are pretty much rallying to keep covid going.

:thejoke:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm of the opinion that the new season of the expanse kinda sucks so far

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Most of seasons 4 and 5 sucked too. Bezos sucks.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Season 4 gets off from basically being non-consequential fan-fiction taking place in a bottle.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

I quite like the Filip stuff but otherwise literally what even is happening it’s so boring my eyes glaze over

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Google Butt posted:

I think it is kind of weird they they only have six episodes to wrap things up and the first two were only 45 minutes each.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I quite like the Filip stuff but otherwise literally what even is happening it’s so boring my eyes glaze over

They uh, went after the shippy ship, doing ship things, something something asteroids and crops, the ship took off, it was not big deal, they captured the ship, the editor had a seizure, now that they have the ship plot can supposedly happen.

I think that's the season so far? Feel like the entire two episodes could have just as easily not have happened.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

The shot is the first quick cut to post apocalyptic versions of the locations that the characters are trouncing through and its a rather nifty edit, I guess as long as they don't overuse it. Actually, gently caress that! Overuse it, it's awesome.

Re: Succession, yes yes yes. So good! Be careful with binging it because my god do the 29 eps go fast. I just rewatched erm s03e06? And researching Kendall attempt to woo Tom in the diner is just so sad. And then when Tom goes back to the hotel and sees Greg hoisted by the alt right bros in the lobby lol

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Khanstant posted:

i don't know the show to know your pics but Tina Amy Kenan only ones I feel like I'd like.
This is mostly correct although Tina will also endlessly disappoint.

swickles posted:

I am only onnthe 1st season but Greg is Pete Davidson right?
I'll allow it. Bobby Moynihan and Beck Bennett are also acceptable answers.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Google Butt posted:

On it's own I think this season has been fine, but on the other hand the short episodes on top of a short season is sort of bullshit. I've read book 6, and I assumed before watching the first 2 episodes the what happen in episode 2 would have happened in the first half hour of episode 1. Still I am going to reserve judgement until the season is over. Also I am fine with season 4 and 5. I know doesn't hit the peaks of season 3, but it is better than no Expanse. Also the decline is more related to adapting the books, because books 4 to 6 are nowhere as good as the first 3 books storyline wise.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I liked season four a lot, but the fifth season was a loving slog. Season six seems to be the missing climax to season five, but the leads feel static and the conflict feels slow to ramp up. It's just marking time until the heroes start interacting with the bad guy again, and the bad guy loving sucks which doesn't help.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019
Watched the first two episodes of Y: The Last Man. It seems aimless and unfocused. I do not know whatever material it's based on. Does it get better or should I just bail now?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Owling Howl posted:

Watched the first two episodes of Y: The Last Man. It seems aimless and unfocused. I do not know whatever material it's based on. Does it get better or should I just bail now?

It gets better, but the political plot never improves.

There's one episode in there that I think is straight up loving excellent, but the overall value of a show that's not going to ever go anywhere (because it's been cancelled, probably permanently despite rumbles to the alternative) is up to you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Owling Howl posted:

I bailed. It was crap. Watch Creamerie instead.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Another show that will probably never get a season 2.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did you guys know Made For Love got a second season renewal?? I thought it was just a mini.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, okay? Despite leaving the show Jeff Garlin will still be appearing on The Goldbergs through the use of a stand in shot from behind and previously recorded/unused shots and dialogue.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Only for the rest of this season, presumably because him suddenly not being there would be weird and they don’t want to have to rewrite stuff to write him out

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Uh, okay? Despite leaving the show Jeff Garlin will still be appearing on The Goldbergs through the use of a stand in shot from behind and previously recorded/unused shots and dialogue.

Show needs to die for a while now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's the most surprising info from these stories, creepy dude being a creepy jerk, eh, almost expect it at this point but who the gently caress is watching the goldbergs

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Looten Plunder posted:

My favourite squirrel related video is the one Mark Rober did.
https://youtu.be/DTvS9lvRxZ8

That's incredible. The squirrels in the video really seem to have personalities

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZcg_7EmJ0

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Yes! But, also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36F9JxfDEA4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They probably won't do it but I think it would be funny if for Toast's Star Wars plot they brought back Daisy Ridley with the idea that she was playing herself in that first season episode.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is the guy who is with clem fandango always the same dude? do they ever name him or is he there as just a silent accomplice to stephen torture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Somehow, I never realized that Clem Fandango is Dr. Jekyll from Penny Dreadful.