Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tato posted:

Hook will wrestle one (1) match in all of 2022.
It will be rated five stars.

That’s a prediction right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Hook will wrestle 1 singles match in all of 2022. He loses within 10 seconds, including the time it takes to count the pin.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Hook will wrestle 1 singles match in all of 2022. He loses within 10 seconds, including the time it takes to count the pin.

Afterwards, he enjoys some chips.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

There will be an episode of Smackdown that has less than 10 minutes of actual wrestling combined.

Von Wagner will be brought up to feud with Roman, he will lose, and will be released 2 months later.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

a cyborg mug posted:

A PESSIMIST'S DREAM (100% incorrect worst timeline predictions): Hefty Leftist

No one's going to try to carry on this legacy? For shame.

-Some investor fuckery will come down on AEW, forcing Tony Khan from his dominant decision making position, not because AEW isn't profitable, but because it isn't profitable enough. Massive cuts start to be made, whittling homegrown talent potential and giving booking control to someone with no experience or interest in wrestling. They proceed to mimic the WWE because currently they are the most profitable, but they do not see how or why WWE is currently profitable.
-The shake up will force the elite from executive roles. Omega will leave the company as a result, Cody and the Bucks scramble to save what remains.
-The AEW title will end up hot shotted around for a bit, but it keeps ending up in the hands of primarily ex-WWE guys like Moxley, Danielson, and CM Punk. The booking quality will greatly decrease, and even further as they for some loving reason, think hiring Vince Russo is a good idea. It will become such bullshit that Punk will walk out of the company again.
-Ratings plummet, and it becomes discussed beyond Vincel delusions of Dynamite and Rampage being cancelled.
-Meanwhile, the WWE celebrates it's victory again by making further massive cuts and still failing to make new stars. Anyone hired from AEW's cuts will have the expected fate of floundering in the midcard.
-The Rock will still refuse the Roman Reigns match, as will Cena become more distant. The company begins to offer big contracts to other aging but not crippled stars to come back and do a part time schedule, such as Shawn Michaels.
-Reigns vs. Michaels will show slight promise but be booked into oblivion and end up utterly terrible.
-With that failure, the WWE continues to scramble for anyone who can invoke name value to feed to Roman, mainly from the Attitude era. PPV main events will loving weird matches like Road Dogg vs. Reigns, Waltman vs. Reigns, Al Snow vs. Reigns. All of them will be treated like world title contenders despite never having been treated as such before, even over current Main Event guys like McIntyre or Lashley. All while the Lesnar feud continues after failing to end at Wrestlemania 2022. The Lesnar feud will end on a B-PPV near the end of the year, because they finally got a big signing.
-CM Punk returns to the WWE, needing money to deal with legal fallout of walking away from AEW. Is immediately put in a program to make Roman look strong.
-The pursuit of the crumbs of the Attitude era continues for the women. WWE begs Sable to come back, who, despite never really being a wrestler and not even being that for twenty years, squashes Becky Lynch in a desperate attempt to generate hype. As this fails to generate interest, the women's booking continues to slide back into Diva's era garbage with models coming in and using the experienced wrestlers to try to make them look good once more. Wrestlemania 2023's only women's match will be a bra and panties match, not even for one of the titles.
-Hunter, who is somehow not dead, is divorced by Stephanie and leaves WWE. AEW signs him and immediately makes him champion despite his condition making him utterly useless as a performer.
-AEW folds after Dynamite and Rampage are cancelled, akin to Nitro and Thunder before it, Russo's scummy booking making them radioactive to advertise for.
-Some of the suddenly unemployed will head to Japan. A lot will simply retire as without a hot product to charge the scene at the national level, the indies lose a lot of steam as well.
-The American wrestling scene continues to limp on, ghost ship WWE's ratings continuing to fall. WWE has another year of record setting profits, as Fox renews their deal with an even juicier contract. Somehow. Despite all common sense to the contrary.

Sorry I'm too out of touch to write horror stories for Japan.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW:

PAC wins the AEW title
There will be a black TNT champion
Tay Conti wins the TBS title
The Owen Cup will not be for young talent
There will still not be an AEW Trios title but PSP will keep on talking about it like it's coming next week
Chris Jericho retires from in-ring competition
Athena debuts for AEW, instantly looks like a star
There will be another US/Japan Women's Eliminator tournament
Cody hits a Pedigree
HOOK wins Rookie of the Year for 2022
Sammy's vlog gets more views for the year than BTE

WWE:

Brock and Roman wrestle for the main title 3 times
Goldberg beats Big E for the WWE title
An episode of Raw pulls below 1.3mil viewers
Bronn Breakker wins the NXT title but PSP has already turned on him due to Fed mismanagement
NXT debuts a gimmick more offensive than Joe Gacy
Joe Gacy gets a main roster callup
NXT UK shuts down
Ricochet is still working for WWE at the end of the year

NJPW:

COVID continues to block the use of foreign talent throughout the year, a biproduct of this is that the G1 will have no special attractions
Naito wins the G1
House of Torture splits off from Bullet Club, EVIL wins the NEVER title and SHO wins the Jr title
YOSHI-HASHI's trios reign comes to an end, his match quality falls back to pre-title levels
Shooter returns from excursion, wears his Death Rider jacket as entrance gear
Shibata competes in a real match against ZSJ, a feud is built with KENTA for 2023's WK

TJPW:

Maki Itoh wins the big one from Mizuki
Miyu Yamashita makes an appearance in AEW
Yuki Arai has a MOTYC

General:

Eric Bischoff re-enters the business with a backer to set up a third major company
Despite a lot of promotion WOW doesn't run a single show
Kidd Bandit wins the IWTV title

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

NJPW:
YOSHI-HASHI's trios reign comes to an end, his match quality falls back to pre-title levels

TJPW:
Yuki Arai has a MOTYC

Not to rain on your parade, but YH already lost the belts to HoT and Arai's match at WP2 got MOTYC

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SG Bamboo posted:

Not to rain on your parade, but YH already lost the belts to HoT and Arai's match at WP2 got MOTYC

Then just make it the second half of the Tacos prediction and Yuki Arai has a MOTYC for a singles match

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Here's what I can think of so far:

AEW will secure a 4th hour of weekly television
AEW will not debut a Trios Title
AEW will have it's first retirement match stipulation enforced
NJPW and AEW will jointly promote a crossover show in a similar vein to the NJPW x NOAH show
This show will be held at MSG
Cody turns heel
Someone who appeared on AEW TV in the last couple of years will sign a WWE contract
Walter is called up the main roster
A man in drag will appear in the Women's Royal Rumble match (possibly Santina)
AEW announces a stadium show in the UK that sells out within a week
Hangman holds the World Title until the Summer
There will a repeat winner of at least one of AEW's world Championships (Men's, Women's, Tag Team)
Bryan Danielson will have more than 1 *****+ match this year
The CM Punk & Bryan Danielson tag team is formed. They will have at least 1 match each with FTR and the Young Bucks
Eddie Kingston wins an AEW title :3:
A Blood and Guts match will be held that doesn't have a botched ending
CJ Perry finally appears on AEW television
WWE will release more than 40 on air talent through the year
At least one WWE hall of famer will make a debut appearance on AEW
A 2022 Money in the Bank winner will end the year without successfully cashing in their briefcase

Kevino07 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 6, 2021

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Kevino07 posted:

AEW will have it's first retirement match stipulation

they already did this at All Out, with Jericho/MJF having the stipulation of 'if Jericho loses, he retires'

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

eh, I was going to wait until I could go over my predictions from this year to do this, but gently caress it, let's go.

As always, I expect to get 99% of these predictions wrong. 2020 was 92%, 2021 was 85%, and I can't promise I'll do any worse this year, but again, gently caress it, let's go.

By this time next year, the following will be the champions and tournament winners of these major companies:

WWE:

WWE Champion: Omos
Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
Intercontinental Champion: WALTER
US Champion: Joe Gacy
Raw Tag Team Champions: Edge and uhhhh Sheamus
Smackdown Tag Team Champions: The New Day
Raw Women's Champion: Becky Lynch
Smackdown Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey
Women's Tag Team Champions: (deactivated lmao)
NXT Champion: Bron Breakker
NXT NA Champion: Someone who hasn't started with NXT yet who's name I can't even guess
NXT Tag Team Champions: uhhh the Creed Brothers
NXT Women's Champion: Lash Legend
NXT Women's Tag Team Champions: (deactivated lmao)
Cruiserweight Champion: (deactivated lmao)
NXT UK Champion: Is NXT UK really going to be around this time next year? Let's say uhhhh Kenny Williams, I like him a lot
NXT UK Tag Team Champions: Symbiosis
NXT UK Heritage Cup Champion: idk, Eddie Dennis?
NXT UK Women's Champion: Nina Samuels

(at least the Fed will have fewer titles this time next year than they do now. Still too many tho)

Royal Rumble winner: Brock Lesnar
Women's Royal Rumble winner: Bayley
Money In The Bank winner: Omos
Women's Money In The Bank winner: Becky Lynch

AEW:

AEW Champion: MJF
AEW TNT Champion: Danhausen
AEW TBS Champion: Jamie Hayter
FTW Champion: HOOK
AEW Women's Champion: Thunder Rosa
AEW Tag Team Champions: Santana and Ortiz

NJPW:

IWGP Heavyweight Champion: Kazuchika Okada
IWGP Intercontinental Champion: Tetsuya Naito
IWGP US Champion: Bryan Danielson
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion: Hiromu Takahashi
IWGP Tag Team Champions: Gallows and Anderson
IWGP KOPW Champion 2022: Toru Yano
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: SHO and Dick Togo
NEVER Openweight Champion: The Great O-Khan
Strong Openweight Champion: JONAH
NEVER 6-Man Champions: I feel like they'd throw us an AEW-shaped curveball going into Wrestle Kingdom, so let's say Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, and Sammy Guevara

New Japan Cup winner: Jay White
Best of the Super Juniors winner: SHO
G1 Climax winner: Will Ospreay
(Will he hold it to the Tokyo Dome?: Yes)
KOPW Provisional Champion 4-Way Winner: Chase Owens
Young Lion Cup winner: Well, they didn't do one in 2021, but if they do one in 2022, it's probably Yuto Nakashima
Super J-Cup 2022 winner: Kidd Bandit
Super Junior Tag League winners: Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato
World Tag League winners: Dangerous Tekkers

AJPW:

Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Kento Miyahara
World Tag Team Champions: Jake Lee and Hokuto Omori
World Junior Heavyweight Champion: Jun Kasai
All Asia Tag Team Champions: isdgaf El Lindaman and T-Hawk
Gaora TV Champion: Masanobu Fuchi
AJPW TV 6-Man Tag Team Champions: *spins the wheel, again* Suwama, Akira, and Shigehiro Irie

Champion Carnival winner: Shotaro Ashino
Jr. Battle of Glory winner: Hikaru Sato
Jr. Tag Battle of Glory winner: Izanagi and Masashi Takeda
Royal Road Tournament winner: Kento Miyahara
World's Strongest Tag Determination League winners: isdfk, Shuji Ishikawa and Suwama

NOAH:

GHC Heavyweight Champion: Kaito Kiyomiya
GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion: Atsushi Kotoge
GHC National Champion: Go Shiozaki
GHC Tag Team Champions: Kazunari Murakami and Kazuyuki Fujita
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: uhhhhh NOSAWA Rongai and Eita

Global Tag League winner: Masato Tanaka and Naomichi Marufuji
Global Junior Heavyweight Tag League winners: HAYATA and Yoshinari Ogawa, if it happens
Global Junior Heavyweight League winner: Hajime Ohara? To be perfectly honest I haven't been following NOAH's juniors at all this year and it shows lmao. Anyway they didn't have either Global Junior League in 2021 so idk if they'll do any in 2022 lmaooooooo
N1 Victory Winner: Kaito Kiyomiya

additionally:
-Vince will live through 2022, because Vince will never die
-There will be no fewer than 50 releases from WWE in the next year, of whom at least 3 are active upper midcard to main event wrestlers
-Kazuchika Okada will successfully defend the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Kenny Omega at King Of Pro Wrestling, assuming Kenny's all healed up by then
-Blood & Guts will be the Inner Circle vs. the SuperKliq and reDRagon
-NJPW will probably regain much of the buzz it lost this year, not least because Okada is surely going to retire that stupid loving world championship and bring back the Heavyweight Championship and the Intercontinental Championship

Venomous fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 1, 2022

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

NXT also has a women’s tag championship to predict will be deactivated.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

NXT also has a women’s tag championship to predict will be deactivated.

It does? Huh, I had no idea. Anyway, can't be hosed editing it in, because that's too much effort for the sake of NXT 2.0 lmao

e: oh yeah, I forgot there's a Women's MITB too. Uhhhhh I guess Bayley will win it

e2: okay, in light of Hook's debut, I edited in that he'll have the FTW this time next year, so I did the other two predictions just for the gently caress of it

Venomous fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 9, 2021

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Venomous posted:

they already did this at All Out, with Jericho/MJF having the stipulation of 'if Jericho loses, he retires'

Will correct that. I meant that AEW will have it's first Retirement stipulation enforced.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Katsuyori Shibata will kick KENTA's rear end.

im gonna make my other predictions closer to christmas

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 6, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Venomous posted:

NXT NA Champion: Someone who hasn't started with NXT yet who's name I can't even guess
His name is Flute Chilbers and he was really good at lacrosse in high school.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In 6 months, he'll lose his surname and become Flute.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
-Kenny Omega gets another short run in NJPW. Could be before or during his return to AEW
-That run will jumpstart Ibushi and Omega feuding again. At the conclusion of that feud Kenny turns face again.
-Chris Jericho goes into semi-retirement from in-ring Competition, focusing on other things in the business, only really getting wheeled out for a match on the rare occasion.
-Tay Conti gets a title run (most likely with the TBS title)
-Bryan Danielson is in the G1
-G1 Winner: KENTA
-Motherfucking Shibata will wrestle in full gear and wreck some fool. (E: Okay, this has been announced as of this edit, but I made the prediction before that)
-WWE will release Shinsuke Nakamura
-Arn makes the news for shooting someone with his Glock. (In self-defense, of course)
-Ishii continues being the perfect wrestler
-Miyu Yamashita makes an appearance in AEW and kicks rear end.
-People will think Miyu sucks because she delivers a sub-par mic-shot.
-Kevin Steen wins the Owen. Well poo poo. Probably not. WWE will still release Steen even though he just signed a new contract.
-Hook doesn't wrestle a single match. That's Hook, right there.
-WWE will continue to decline.
-Vince McMahon is an immortal Lich
-AEW Dynamite is upgraded to two women's matches per show and it's good.
-Leyla Hirsch rules. This isn't a prediction. I just wanted to say it.
-Excalibur will call a Sit-out Scoop Slam a Michinoku Driver again. I may or may not have a meltdown over it (again).
-Roman Reigns will gain two more nicknames
-DPW will somehow actually be successful. I guess as a metric here we'll say if they are still around by the end of next year and show some growth it counts.
-Hangman's reign as the AEW champ will have two successful defenses.
-ROH actually does run shows again, like they said they would. Many people seem to be sure they won't. Which is why I'm putting this here.

If you know my posts from the game day threads you'll know that my short-term predictions are usually wrong. Let's see if my long-term ones are better.
24.12.2021 Edit: Several of my predictions turned out wrong already. At least one of them is already confirmed, though.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 24, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

-Hangman's reign as the AEW champ will have two successful defenses.

Exact or just at least?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

Exact or just at least?

Exactly two defenses.

I'd love if he has more, though. I kinda want to be wrong.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Exactly two defenses.

I'd love if he has more, though. I kinda want to be wrong.

Short AEW title runs tend to have ~6 defences

and so I'm on topic. Here are my...

ChocoPro Related Predictions for 2022
Emi makes it to one singles match on AEW television
Her multimans make it more than once to TV but only to the buy in of a PPV
Emi does not return to Japan for any extended amount of time but does return
Japanese Covid restrictions do lift but only in the second half of the year and Gatoh Move returns but primarily for a Japanese speaking audience
Gatoh Move shows are exclusively in-ring
TJPW/ChocoPro connection becomes increasingly close facilitated by their AEW partnerships. Saki Sama's next protege is pure TJPW though.
Neither Akki nor Choun Shiryu win an MVP
Lulu does not have a major programme with anyone but instead a series of small feuds, also she goes to America and has one novelty in ring match on Dark but Eddie does not commentate.
At least one wrestler works an American indie billed as being from ChocoPro
Mei returns to America and wrestles in-ring multiple times
Mei reaches 365 belt days
Chie goes to America but only after getting the ChocoPro tag championship which happens in February or March (Mei and Akki beat her pretty soundly in January)

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

WWE
-Joe Gacy will do a worked shoot about bad creative, ditching the PC Principle gimmick and become NXT 2.0's anti-authority Stone Cold clone, raging against "Creative".
-The NXT Cruiserweight Title will be retired with no replacement.
-Bron Breakker will be NXT Champion
-Brock Lesnar will win the Royal Rumble.
-AJ Styles will be in one singles program that will be more about his opponent and Omos.
-Both the Women's and Men's Tag Champions will be defeated in a non-title match but the team that beat them won't receive a title shot.

AEW
-Cody Rhodes will perform a strange arc that is a strange exorcism of John Cena, turning Undesirable To Undeniable into his Hustle, Loyalty, Respect only instead of Cena who was impervious to struggle, Cody will be haunted by every failure, every boo, until he is a crazy man who is listening to the worst possible advice from everyone around him until finally Dustin confronts him and decides he needs to force Cody to stop this by having one more match where if Cody wins Dustin retires.
-Dustin Rhodes will retire at the hands of Cody with a pedigree
-Hangman Page will lose the AEW World Title
-Bryan Danielson will hold a title in AEW

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

fez_machine posted:

Short AEW title runs tend to have ~6 defences

Yeah I know I looked at the title history for the AEW title.
And I somehow have the feeling that Hangman will have a shorter one. I dunno why I think this, but I do.
If he can hold the title throughout the year or something cool like that that'd be badass, though.

At least I can be proven wrong more quickly.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
AEW

CM Punk will win the AEW World championship in Chicago.
Britt Baker will break Hikaru Shida's record for longest title reign.
Andrade will leave AEW.
Samoa Joe will join AEW.
Joey Janela will renew his contract with AEW.

NJPW

Will Ospreay will win the IWPG World Heavyweight championship match at Wrestle Kingdom.
SANADA will win the New Japan Cup.
Kota Ibushi will be in his fifth straight G1 finals.
Jay White will win the G1 Climax.
Nobody from AEW will be in the G1 Climax.

WWE

Roman Reigns will lose his title, but win it back by the end of the year.
Triple H will appear at Wrestlemania.
Bianca Belair will not win a singles title.
Apollo Crews will leave WWE.
Tommaso Ciampa will retire.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

NJPW

- Okada holds the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship for the majority of 2022
- Naito and Hiromu both wrestle at least one match on a NOAH show
- Jay White doesn't compete in the G1 again
- Neither does Danielson
- But Tom Lawlor does
- Aussie Open and Ospreay win the trio belts
- Dragon Lee finally makes it back for another BoSJ

AEW

- Moxley and Kingston win the tag belts at some point
- CM Punk turns heel
- Danielson gets a faction and wins the AEW World Championship, in that order
- Scorpio Sky wins the TNT title
- The Pinnacle doesn't disband but at some point everyone realizes nobody's referred to them in over three months and it's a fait accompli
- Kris Statlander settles into the upper midcard, gets one title shot, and loses it
- Ruby Soho is the next Woman's World Champion
- The Owen Hart Cup is contested under "shoot" rules -- victory by submission, DQ, or knockout

WWE

- NXT UK is shut down
- WALTER is horribly misused on the main roster and winds up with a losing record on TV for the year
- One of those losses is against Bron Breakker
- Bruce Prichard retires "for health reasons"
- Roman loses at Wrestlemania

Other US Stuff

- GCW gets a weekly TV deal, probably on a streaming service
- ROH stops running shows

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I think some people might want to adjust their Hook-related predictions

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a cyborg mug posted:

I think some people might want to adjust their Hook-related predictions

I believe you can be eligible if you debuted Nov-Dec the previous year

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I can't believe it's not even 2022 yet and one of my predictions already fell completely apart.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
WWE
  • At least one wrestler who was a champion in 2022 will be released
  • The Viking Raiders, Otis, Chad Gable, Apollo Crews, and Tozawa will either have their contracts lapse or be fired
  • Nikki Cross and Doudrop will be fired
  • In an attempt to fill roster space, several superstars will be called up from NXT much earlier than they should have, set up for failure, and either taken off TV or fired
  • Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will either not renew their contracts or be fired close to the ends of them. - Owens signed with the WWE on 12/15
  • Bronn Breaker will be NXT Champion and move up to the RAW roster
  • There will be at least one major WWE name released that blindsides everyone

AEW
  • AEW will enter significantly more partnerships with other wrestling promotions, and there will be at least one "Invading Rivals" feud
  • AEW will finally start sending wrestlers on extended tours of Japan, Mexico, the UK, and/or the independent scene (IE: several shows and not one-off apperances)
  • The Undisputed Elite will be composed of at least 3 members of the Undisputed Era & The Young Bucks leading to a Match Beyond or Stadium Stampede
  • The Undisputed Elite will break up and The Young Bucks will feud against them
  • There will be several more factions in AEW, including one comprised of Mexican talent, and one led by Malakai Black
  • CHAOS, Bullet Club or Los Ingobernables will make a proper appearance in AEW (As in, more than 3 NJPW talent at one time)
  • A current WWE superstar (As of this writing) will win a championship in AEW **Written before Johnny Gargano & Kyle O'Riley left**
  • The Briscoes, Bandido, Brodie King, and Danhausen will appear or be mentioned on AEW at least once
  • Sumi Sakai or Session Moth Martinez will make at least one appearance on Dark
  • Jonathan Gresham, Swerve, and Calvin Tankman will make appearances or be signed to AEW
  • Two more Joshi wrestlers are signed full-time to AEW
  • Kevin Steen will sign to AEW - Owens signed with the WWE on 12/15
  • Sami Zayn will sign to AEW
  • One of the following three NJPW wrestle in AEW: Okada, Tanahashi, or Shingo
  • Seeds will be planted for Ibushi vs Omega in either AEW or NJPW if it doesn't outright happen in 2022
  • Kenny Omega and Jericho begin to transition into part-timers and appear less in late 2022

Impact Wrestling
  • Impact Wrestling's roster will look impressive, but people realize it's still TNA and doesn't grow significantly
  • At least one former champion from the WWE will sign to Impact
  • They will have huge buzz that gets people to watch for one show, and people will peter off again immediately

Ring of Honor
  • ROH will attempt to start up again, but most of its roster have left the company leading to them to either start from scratch or close doors for good
  • After being let go from the WWE, Gabe Sapolsky will either attempt to return to ROH, start a new company, or run join MLW
  • There will be an ROH farewell or nostalgia show that is not run by ROH themselves.

The Independent Scene
  • Spring Break will finally get its footing again in 2022 and be hailed as one of the best weeks of wrestling since the pandemic started
  • The Spring Break Collectives will expand to another week/end focused around an AEW show
  • At least two Independent companies will be elevated to "Super Indie" level (ala GCW or PWG)
  • GCW will have their biggest show ever in 2022 and look to be the third biggest US company behind WWE and AEW
  • A semi-major Women's Wrestling promotion will start to take its roots in 2022
  • Biff Busick vs Super Dragon will happen at PWG as long as Super Dragon doesn't hurt himself again
  • Super Dragon will hurt himself again

Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling
  • As travel starts to become easier again, several wrestlers will appear on AEW TV including Miyu Yamashita and Mizuki making their first AEW appearances
  • One current or former TJPW will sign with either Stardom, WWE, or AEW
  • Maki Itoh will win the Princess of Princesses Championship
  • Suzume will become more popular and become right on the cusp of a permanent main eventer
  • Hikari Noa will have several deathmatches but never intentionally bleed in any of them - Hikari bled on Dec 10th @ TJPW Inspiration 3

New Japan Pro Wrestling & Stardom
  • New Japan will attempt several partnerships with overseas companies in a greater capacity than in recent history
  • More AEW stars will join NJPW stables, but continue competing in AEW for most of the year
  • Tanahashi or Okada will become champion again in an attempt to boost dwindling attendance numbers
  • They will test the waters by having NJPW and STARDOM in a supershow, but never pull the trigger on merging the rosters or having true joint shows
  • Despite everyone begging for it, AEW will not send more than 3 main event level wrestlers all year to NJPW
  • Kaiori Hojo will return to Stardom in a limited capacity before deciding to semi-retire after a short run
  • Io Shirai will return to Stardom

Sorry some of them are a little vague I have commitment issues

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 15, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

greg bcomes even bigger

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

*ROH won't return
*NWA and MLW won't do anything noteworthy
*Tessa Blanchard will continue to not wrestle for anybody besides WOW (if they even return)
*Impact will resume their relationship with AEW
*COVID restrictions will keep NJPW from doing much with AEW
*AEW will not introduce any new titles besides the TBS one
*Dynamite will beat Raw in the demo a couple more times but not in viewership
*Dynamite will not surpass the 1.4 million viewers they did for their first episode
*WWE will release at least 2 current champions
*Rock and Ronda won't return to WWE
*Cena will wrestle 1 match
*JR will return to commentary and continue to be bad but AEW won't replace him
*Limp Bizkit will be inducted into the WWE HOF

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 19, 2021

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Bryan Danielson will wrestle for NJPW in 2022.

NJPW will revert back to the V4 title with the word "world" engraved in it somewhere.

Hangman will lose the AEW title to Cody Rhodes Miro.

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson will wrestle for the AEW title but lose.

Britt Baker will lose her AEW Women's Championship to Thunder Rosa.

Sammy will lose the TNT title to Eddie Kingston.

Lucha Bros will lose their AEW Tag Titles to FTR and then FTR will lose it to Jurassic Express.

The Hardy (Boyz) will compete for the AEW Tag Title but lose.

Ricky Starks will lose the FTW title to Dante Martin.

Damian Priest will win the 2023 Royal Rumble.

AJ Styles will be released from WWE in 2022

Pistol Packin Poet fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 27, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Thank loving god I didn't predict that he'd make his in-ring debut in 2022.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Prediction - As part of the NJPW 50th Anniversary Celebrations, Keiji Mutoh will challenge the IWGP Champion at some point next year. He won't win though.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

ThePariah posted:

AEW

CM Punk will win the AEW World championship in Chicago.

I'd mark so hard. I hope my prediction is wrong for this one.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Kevin Owens will job to Roman and be released within 3 months.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

-WWE will have its most profitable year ever
-EC3's new thing will be GFW but with Bitcoins

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
AEW and NJPW will continue to be awesome if not better than 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
AEW
- PAC turns down a hefty contract but no one knows why.

WWE
- Wow that’s PACs music?
- PAC runs down with a money in the bank contract? The ref is cashing it in.
- PAC pins Big E and wins the title.
- PAC opens the briefcase.
- It is a notice of sale.
- Lights go out
- Voice of FANTASMIC and FANTASMIC pre show music comes on
- “Ladies and gentlemen we are pleased to announce that Disney has purchased World Wrestling Entertainment. But do not worry. We have kept Vince on and in charge. And here is his first decision of the new Disney era”
- PAC is now wearing Mickey Mouse ears. He is conducting to the music. The FANTASMIC music is blaring on full. Water is spraying everywhere all over the audience as a laser light show goes off.
- Raw continues on like this in perpetuity. There is still wrestling but it he mostly done behind giant towers of water and lights with PAC continuing to conduct.
- Ratings go through the roof.
- Vince is surprisingly named CEO of Disney.
- Goofy and the snowman from Frozen are fired
- Record profits
- Smackdown never acknowledges any of this and Roman Reigns continues as champion for another year and college football announces make even more awkward references to him than they do now. ACKNOWLEDGE HIM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I did terribly this year, looking forward to doing terribly the next as well

NJPW
- Okada will win the IWGP Championship at WK 2022 and hold it until WK 2023.
- Gabriel Kidd will join Suzuki-Gun.
- I will predict this again: At the end of the year Minoru Suzuki will not be the leader of Suzuki-Gun anymore but he will also not retire yet. Suzuki will instead focus even more on appearing for all kinds of promotions in Japan and US.
- Hiromu Takahashi will win the NJC but fail his title shot.
- Shingo Takagi will win the G1.
- Juice Robinson won’t re-sign with NJPW and instead will continue to work with Impact.
- YOSHI-HASHI will finally win singles gold in the form of the NEVER championship.
- The STRONG Openweight title will be featured at a major show in Japan.
- Ren Narita will return from excursion and take part in the BOSJ.

AEW
- There will be a major AEW talent who will jump to WWE main roster when they are offered a life-changing amount of money, blindsiding the fans.
- There will be a Hangman vs Jungle Boy match for the AEW Championship but Jungle Boy will not win. Instead, he will win the TNT title.
- The AEW Championship will change hands twice. MJF will be the champion at the end of the year.
- Thunder Rosa will be the Women’s champion at the end of the year.
- Jade Cargill will hold the TBS title at the end of the year.
- The switch to TBS will be great for Dynamite, increasing the baseline viewer average to 1.2 million by June.

WWE
- Bron Breakker will win the NXT championship early next year and then get fast-tracked to the main roster. It will initially seem like WWE handles him well before he’s put into a heinously bad storyline and then jobbed out.
- WWE will go back to hiring experienced indie wrestlers before the year is out as it turns out only seeking out people who don’t know anything about wrestling will result in a brutally green roster.
- 205 and NXT UK will finally move on from purgatory as 205 is cancelled and NXT UK dissolved. Some NXT UK talent will jump to NXT2.0 but over half of the talent will be unceremoniously cut.
- WWE will dig up the desiccated corpse of The Undertaker for one last match in Saudi Arabia. It will an easy WMOTY candidate.

Finland
- Liiga won't win the FCF tag team championship, with their reunification being a short-term thing
- After teasing it this year, HC Andersen will actually retire from wrestling next year
- Sebastian Vauhkonen will challenge for the FCF Championship but fail
- Viktor Tykki will turn back heel and take the FCF Championship from his old rival Shemeikka
- There won’t be any significant improvement in the relationship between FCF and SLAM. Only the same talent already shared between the promotions will continue to do so (Koura, Stark Adder, Polar Pekko, Viktor Tykki). Heimo Ukonselkä will not appear in FCF in 2022.

Maybe I’ll add something later dunno