Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cumshitter posted:

oh poo poo, in the memoriam thread someone reported that Dick Milhouse Rock! died. i dont think hed posted here in a while but that still sucks

:pressf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

erosion posted:

Love playing Terran and accidentally clicking the Academy five times a minute

ok I had to stare at this for a while but it finally clicked for me

Posts like this are starting to make me doubt myself, but I'm still pretty sure this is all theater and he's playing his role as instructed.

With what we all know about pedo island and intel agencies manipulating, well, everything, is it really such a stretch to imagine reps are being coerced with both carrots and sticks (a colloquialism I detest) in order to get a desired outcome? "Vote no and we'll give you five million, vote yes and your grandkid disappears."

Granted, I also believe the state department is the reason we have potato chip Reese's so

like I don't know why biden would purposely tank his signature legislation and look like a huge dipshit in the process. manchin is just a rich rear end in a top hat who hates tbe poor for stupid reasons

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

cumshitter posted:

like I don't know why biden would purposely tank his signature legislation and look like a huge dipshit in the process.

ehh, not sure whatever's still rattling around up there has much traction these days, in fairness I haven't tried watching him speak lately. just feels to me like advisors are running the show, kinda how Trump just did what Bannon and Miller told him to do because it's be good for ratings.

and I still wouldn't rule out coercion, but again, the reason we get Wendy's flavored Pringles is, in my mind, the deep state trying to dunk on Cuba

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

like, are people really yearning for both lavender and apple scented Glad garbage bags as options, or what?

Related, does this rebranding seem passive aggressive to anyone else, or is it just me?

erosion has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Dec 21, 2021

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
https://twitter.com/FormerDILF/status/1473228448869109766

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

erosion posted:

like, are people really yearning for both lavender and apple scented Glad garbage bags as options, or what?

Related, does this rebranding seem passive aggressive to anyone else, or is it just me?

I don't see it as passive aggressive but I wouldn't want a name as long as "Pearl Milling Company" on my pancakes and syrup, if you're rebranding why not come up with something short and punchy, easy to say and to remember

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Judakel posted:

he's going to tell the unvaxxed that they're going to die

that tweet was too good and everyone got mad

so they'll walk it back to empty platitudes instead of actually doing anything

get ready to Boost Back Brandon

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know if this was already posted today but wtf

https://twitter.com/7NewsDC/status/1472801887246245893

WaPo posted:

She allegedly assigned specific roles to students. She cast one student as Adolf Hitler, according to an email from Watkins Elementary School Principal MScott Berkowitz to the third-graders’ parents. He did not name the staff member. That student is Jewish, according to the parent of a student who was asked to participate. At the end of the exercise, the child was told to pretend to commit suicide, as Hitler did.

A different parent of a student who was a part of the reenactment said her son had to pretend to be on a train to a concentration camp, then act as if he were dying in a gas chamber. He also had to act as if he were shooting his peers, the parent said.

The instructor allegedly made antisemitic comments during the reenactment. The parent said that when the children asked why the Germans did this, the staff member said it was “because the Jews ruined Christmas.”

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

in a highschool law class mock trial I was assigned to be the judge, which is basically the same as being hitler

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Filthy Hans posted:

surely alec has gone too far this time

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

it's crazy right? like should kids be learning literally anything about WWII or war in general at that age?

i guess it's helpful to them....somehow....

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

President DeSantis will make this a law

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

what if we have a trump 2.0 on our hands and alecs antics just get more and more ridiculous while he just wriggles outta every jam

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

I've taught history of the holocaust. that's not how you do it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the kid took away the wrong lesson and now he wants to grow up to be hitler

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
“The parent said that when the children asked why the Germans did this, the staff member said it was “because the Jews ruined Christmas.”

lmao

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

tbf that's about the age I saw the Blue Eyed vs Brown Eyed people documentary, which made a big impact on me despite the study being WILDLY unethical in hindsight

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Origami Dali posted:

Alec would probably give some second-graders a viewing of The Men Behind the Sun, have one of them pretend to bayonet the girls in their uteruses, have another kid pretend to have their frozen hands shattered, and then for homework go visit ***shitter.com

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Filthy Hans posted:

is this crt?!

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Filthy Hans posted:

I don't see it as passive aggressive but I wouldn't want a name as long as "Pearl Milling Company" on my pancakes and syrup, if you're rebranding why not come up with something short and punchy, easy to say and to remember

reads to me like "Fuckin' woke rear end kids don't like our slave? Fine! I'll give em a brand that isn't 'prob-lem-at-ic'"

so, it's probably just me

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

As I was coming in to work tonight, new guy was ringing some old bitty, and makes the mistake of saying "Happy Holidays". He's new, he didn't know.

She pounced like a coiled snake.

"No, Merry Christmas!"

I'm so tired.

I just said "Yeah man, don't you know there's a war on? We've lost a lot of elves."

She hesitated a second and turned to look, but, thankfully hosed off.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

it’s been so stupid for so long :negative:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:pwn:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I'm pretty sure I learned about the Holocaust in fourth grade. We had to make dioramas and i think I made mine about the weird genetic torture tests. Kinda a weird ask but how would you want lesson plans on genocide to go?

One teacher showed John melloncamp songs for the great depression and that was like 3rd grade

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Buddykins posted:

hail satan

:evilbuddy:

Buddykins posted:

america deserves to burn in hell and democracy loving sucks

loving give me full automated gay luxury space communism now

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I'm pretty sure I learned about the Holocaust in fourth grade. We had to make dioramas and i think I made mine about the weird genetic torture tests. Kinda a weird ask but how would you want lesson plans on genocide to go?

One teacher showed John melloncamp songs for the great depression and that was like 3rd grade

i mean it probably depends on your area?

I grew up surrounded by Russian/Eastern European Jewish immigrants who already had that generational trauma invested in them before they hit double digits. I feel like I knew about ww2 to some extent by the time I was like 8.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
we just went to the holocaust museum

honestly reading and then watching All Quiet on the Western Front hosed me up a lot more because they just go real into how nasty WWI was but WWII gets that sugary 50’s coating on it

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I feel like kids are supposed to be happy and worry-free until a certain age but I don't have kids and I don't know what that age is, but 3rd grade sounds maybe too soon to have the kids roleplaying nazis.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

oh poo poo, in the memoriam thread someone reported that Dick Milhouse Rock! died. i dont think hed posted here in a while but that still sucks

f, cool av

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

teach them your alternate wwii history when they are teenagers

this resident evil movie made Leon a bumbling idiot lmao

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

CODChimera posted:

teach them your alternate wwii history when they are teenagers

this resident evil movie made Leon a bumbling idiot lmao

oh poo poo did they make a new one?! those movies are my favorite hot garbage video game “adaptations” and they made like eight of them already!

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Red Baron posted:

oh poo poo did they make a new one?! those movies are my favorite hot garbage video game “adaptations” and they made like eight of them already!

they did and its somehow even worse

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just ignore the Holocaust, I'm sure it won't get repeated in history.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Red Baron posted:

we just went to the holocaust museum

honestly reading and then watching All Quiet on the Western Front hosed me up a lot more because they just go real into how nasty WWI was but WWII gets that sugary 50’s coating on it

the part in the book where :nms: some dude gets his feet blown off but the adrenaline's so strong that he runs out of no-man's land on the stumps really stuck with me

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

what a weird post....oh drat, it's him again, my congressman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

raw pocken it

pockyman go to the holes