Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Jack Trades posted:

I did not understand Loop Hero at all. It was just an idle game with too much grinding. I don't understand why people are still raving about it.
It's really unfortunate that it took me more than 2 hours to realize that there's not going to be any actual gameplay.

The game's front-loaded. You don't play a new level, you play the same level again, just longer and with a few more barely noticeable options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

K8.0 posted:

Hitman 3 will presumably be on Steam next month so I wouldn't be buying it now on EGS. There are usually sales when the Steam version comes out or extremely shortly after.

I still haven't played Hitman 2 because I never actually finished Hitman 1 so checkmate!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mordja posted:

So what's with THE GUNK not being on Steam? It's on Winstore and Gamepass and Microsoft doesn't even publish it so it's not that.
I don't know but it's a fantastically wholesome game with great female characters. It has good pacing and is very polished too. It's on the casual gameplay side but I haven't played an action/adventure game this chill and just well built up in a long while.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Booted up Star Wars: Battlefront 2 to shoot some stormtroopers, and it turns out there's a hacking spree where no one will die.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Azran posted:

For some reason no weapon or engine sounds play in Homeworld Remastered. I was like "huh, I remember the original being a bit less sterile" and while watching Mandalore's review of the game I realized fights are supposed to have actual sound outside of unit chatter. What a messy port.

Can't say I've ever seen someone have this particular issue. No sound at all is a thing that can happen to your cfg file if you swap between games repeatedly but never "only certain sounds missing." Verify your files for sure.

Also we have a homeworld thread, come post in it.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Is there a project zomboid thread I'm missing

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I'll just say it: Amazing Cultivation Simulator is hilariously insane. It's the wacky Chinese Mythology Rimworld you never knew you wanted, where you run an immortality-seeking sect and where rooms aren't only designed for size/temperature/comfort but also for proper Feng Shui flow. It's completely crazy with flying heroes, spells, combat through telekinetically controlled artifacts flying across the map to decapitate foes, unexpected sex changes due to studying too much yin or yang, monsters bigger that the screen, dismemberment of various body part, magic regrowing of said body parts, life extension, cloning, reincarnation, diplomacy, pandas...

And the fact that characters/critters are cute 3d models instead of Prison Architect sprites is just icing on the cake.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Is there a project zomboid thread I'm missing

I don’t think so. I’ve seen it talked about in here though

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655873&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Volte posted:

The main issues as I understand them are that you're actually migrating your account over to a new EGS-based one, so your Steam-linked account effectively becomes obsolete meaning any future Hitman content will have to be purchased on EGS if you care about carrying your progress forward.
It does effectively obsolete your H1-2 account(you can only transfer progression once) but the rest is kind of unclear right now.

Hitman 3 is set to be the last game in the "World of Assassination" so I don't expect IOI to do any more transfers but I think it's more a Hitman 3 account (linked to your EGS account) than an Epic Hitman 3 account.
I won't be surprised if you're able to transfer "back"(or just pick up and play normally) to Steam for that release but I can't guarantee it so don't take my word on it. I don't have any plans to buy it a second time in any case.

Volte posted:

And also if you want to play any of the Hitman 1 or 2 content, you'll have to buy those games again on the EGS.
You don't need to buy the Hitman 1 or 2 content on EGS if you already own it on Steam it's a free authentication, you can also continue to play 1 and 2 on Steam but see above(same story if you purchased them on Epic)

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 21, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Harminoff posted:

Anyone playing bitburner? Seems to be some weird f2p hacking idle game?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812820/Bitburner/

It's really cool but when I say it's a "programming game" I don't mean like Zachtronics stuff where you're learning an in-game language to solve puzzles, I mean like it's balanced around you already knowing how to code (or copying other people's scripts). It is really neat though and it's really actually free, I don't think there are microtransactions or a way to spend money on it even if you want to.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Hub Cat posted:

You don't need to buy the Hitman 1 or 2 content on EGS if you already own it on Steam it's a free authentication, you can also continue to play 1 and 2 on Steam but see above(same story if you purchased them on Epic)
Oh, it's good that they changed that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah it seems like their original plan was to make you re-buy H1/H2 on Epic (with the only consolation being a launch discount) but after everyone got mad at them they backtracked and figured out how to make free transfers work

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

What's the view on the Horizon Zero Dawn port? I recall there being lots of tech issues a year ago but is it good now?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alchenar posted:

What's the view on the Horizon Zero Dawn port? I recall there being lots of tech issues a year ago but is it good now?

It's fantastic. They just added DLSS as well if you can do it. Apparently they did a lot of work on it since the shaky launch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alchenar posted:

It was poor at first and now it's actually really good. They just implemented a DLSS patch last week and it's even more impressive.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

I don't know but it's a fantastically wholesome game with great female characters. It has good pacing and is very polished too. It's on the casual gameplay side but I haven't played an action/adventure game this chill and just well built up in a long while.
yeah it's a late add to my top 50, I thought it was a fun little game. it is true that the gameplay loop is mostly the same throughout but I liked the different funky alien environments and the game's not too long, just 4-ish hours

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Alchenar posted:

they have all been eliminated with patches and now as mentioned even DLSS. good game and good game support.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I feel like Epic putting an early access game up as a freebie is kind of mean to the developers? But has anyone been playing Left 4 Deadosaurs (Second Extinction)?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

OzFactor posted:

I feel like Epic putting an early access game up as a freebie is kind of mean to the developers?

epic isn't unilaterally giving games away, the developers agree to it

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm sure they paid for it, I just mean I feel like if my boss came to me and said "so, the game you've been working on nice and slowly? well a million more people have it now and they'll all have totally unrealistic demands, sorry" I think I would have a bad morning! But maybe it's almost done and they need public testing, who knows.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've heard good things about the game but never played it because it just looked like early access garbage. I might be able to convince some friends to try it if it's free though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OzFactor posted:

I'm sure they paid for it, I just mean I feel like if my boss came to me and said "so, the game you've been working on nice and slowly? well a million more people have it now and they'll all have totally unrealistic demands, sorry" I think I would have a bad morning! But maybe it's almost done and they need public testing, who knows.

More like, "you know that game that we haven't finished yet? Well EGS already paid us enough for it to be profitable so we don't really need to even finish it." ala Phoenix Point.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

The game's effectively dead they probably need money or players (or it's a cash grab)
They didn't take the money and run on Gen Zero and that was a pretty bad game at launch so they probably aren't here.

Edit: Not that it matters it's a free game
No doubt it's a bad time for the people at the coal face though

Jack Trades posted:

More like, "you know that game that we haven't finished yet? Well EGS already paid us enough for it to be profitable so we don't really need to even finish it." ala Phoenix Point.
As far as I'm aware PP has greatly improved and it looks like it's still receiving updates and content.
It's just not a very good game, but well that happens:shrug:

If we're going to start in on companies launching broken games and then patching them to be acceptable there's plenty of targets higher on the list IMO, see: Battlefield, rear end Creed, etc.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 22, 2021

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Hub Cat posted:

The game's effectively dead they probably need money or players (or it's a cash grab)

that maybe explains why I got matched with someone apparently from a distant planet with a ping measured in seconds and the entire game session there was a red "no wifi" symbol and one player just hung on one spot. It was wild, but no disconnect.

otherwise it was quite nice actually from the base gameplay perspective. Fluffy movement and shooting.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/gibiz/status/1473319599974203398?s=21

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Oh and here is a real Epic exclusivity flop:Among Trees
Which seems more like they used the Epic exclusivity to expand their studio to finish ran out of runway had to cut short their plans finish what they could and move on.
:rip: my $5

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 22, 2021

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Man I bought house of fata morgana and then like, just didn't do anything with it. If it's being used in the same sentence as disco elysium I should probably at least try it

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

I started playing it because of this post and it's barely above a walking simulator where you walk with a vacuum. It's not bad but I expected a bit more.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

There isn't a one client to rule them all to combine EGS, Steam, GoG is there? Important is being able to see uninstalled games I own on all the services. I can add non-steam games to steam but it doesn't make me remember the uninstalled poo poo I own when I go looking for something to play.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

There isn't a one client to rule them all to combine EGS, Steam, GoG is there?

I wish.

GoG does let you stop using the Xbox client though if you have gamepass so that's handy.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
https://www.gog.com/galaxy GoG Galaxy will do exactly this:

FuzzySlippers posted:

Important is being able to see uninstalled games I own on all the services.

But it still needs all the other services / stores / portals installed.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
EVGA finally got to me on the wait list for a 3080 card. What are the current day's hotness games to look good at 1440p? I'm excited to see how Death Stranding and Kingdom Come look.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fun Times! posted:

EVGA finally got to me on the wait list for a 3080 card. What are the current day's hotness games to look good at 1440p? I'm excited to see how Death Stranding and Kingdom Come look.

Guardians of the Galaxy is absolutely gorgeous (and it's a good game that more people need to play too)

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Control was my "got a new video card, time to flex" game. Loved it.
IMO the current top graphical dog/unoptimized video card strainer is MS Flight Simulator though. JOIN US

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OzFactor posted:

I feel like Epic putting an early access game up as a freebie is kind of mean to the developers? But has anyone been playing Left 4 Deadosaurs (Second Extinction)?

We haven't played it for quite some time so I don't know precisely what's been added but a friend bought a copy for himself and myself when it first got put on Early Access and its fine but it ran out of steam after a few weeks with a lack of variety. If one was being charitable you would say this is because its Early Access and they're spending their time updating everything else but on the other hand as far as I can tell the only substantial thing they've added since EA launch is a horde mode and a couple of new characters and they haven't mentioned anything else that I know of.

Again something may have changed since I last played but everything that was there was pretty fun, its just you're probably going to be done with it after a couple weeks unless you really like that horde mode. There's only so much grinding you can do before you don't care to upgrade weapons any more. It really needs more missions and more overworld maps.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Fun Times! posted:

Cyberpunk 2077. No joke. For all the faults that game has, it sure looks fuckin' pretty with everything cranked.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Re: the Ready or Not discussion from the last couple days: ‘Ready Or Not’ dev splits with publisher Team17. The announcement came just hours after a developer said 'Ready Or Not' will have a school shooting level

Like I get that you're supposed to be the "good guys" (but aren't 'cause cops), but man, that's tough.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I think the split was already well in the works but yeah that's rough.
(It could still have been "creative differences" but I'm pretty sure the post wasn't the cause)

Losing the publisher is also potentially concerning for other reasons so I guess we'll see.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 24, 2021

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Fun Times! posted:

I’ve got the same card and Metro Exodus enhanced edition at 1440p with RTX enabled looks pretty drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
wut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpCblM_f6Jg