Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

jisforjosh posted:

5 seconds for a regular spot is fine. 5 seconds because you fired your gun in a shooter is a bit excessive. The BF4 system of you showing up while you were shooting and the spot fading within a second and not moving with you was perfect.

Ah, didn't know that's how BF4's system worked. Sounds better tbh, maybe they'll change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Fidelitious posted:

I am very sorry for enjoying the game against your wishes. I will try to have less fun.

Yea because fartcar was definitely saying that with his post.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Whatever update they did or Nvidia drivers did SUPER hosed my frames and now the game runs like doodoo.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The last patch was almost 2 weeks ago, so it will be the nvidia drivers.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Fidelitious posted:

I am very sorry for enjoying the game against your wishes. I will try to have less fun.

:wtc:

Fart Car '97 posted:

There is no excusing the state the game launched in or the state it's in now, and you should not give EA money for it

Where the hell did he say anything related to people who are enjoying the game? Someone asked if they should give EA $40 and he's saying no???

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

jisforjosh posted:

It's not game breaking it's more that in the current state of the game there are already so many things that can 3D spot you. Players manually, drones automatically, shooting, sentry guns automatically, and everyone and their mom carrying prox sensors since it's one of the fastest ways to level AND best way to spot doesn't help matters. Player visibility as infantry isn't that big of an issues in this game given the color palettes of the maps/player models combined with a severe lack of cover/concealment.

The only thing 3D spotting does is make it easier for heli pilots to farm.

The prox sensors at least are much less common than they were since they nerfed them and knocked down grenades to 1. I guess with all the ways you can be spotted it just doesn't bother me that there is one more. You just kind of assume you're always spottable and if you want to be hardcore about it, you can equip the heavy silencer for stealth missions.

I wonder if there is space for a new operator that has something like Warzone's Ghost ability. I don't think it would be very fun though.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

good is a relative term and this is basically the only recently released game people play where you can respawn and shoot other shootmans where aggression is incentivized

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
I wish there was a SRAW equivalent I could use against choppers.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It’s kind of wild that your blip on the map tracks you after firing your gun.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

are there any really in-depth weapon write-ups? I'd like to know like, what the ADS time for different sights are, what exactly the different stats are doing by the numbers, etc

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i think youre basically waiting for https://sym.gg to update w/ bf2042

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been playing with the SFAR and it's actually quite good at longer ranges while using single-shot mode. Seems very accurate like that; I've won a bunch of confrontations with snipers by just repeatedly popping them in the face (I think the snipers in question "over-commit" because they know they can kill me with their second shot, but I can get off enough to kill them before that).

Looking forward to unlocking the 40-round magazine. That'll help fix what seems to be the biggest weakness currently; the low magazine (which runs out very fast if used in full automatic).

Booyah- posted:

PKP seems to be everywhere now, what do people like with it

I like it because it's quite accurate at range (vertical recoil compensator helps) and has such a large magazine that I don't have to worry about reloading in more close-range fights. I'm usually very bad at hitting moving targets at range because I can't get the timing right (I'll always shoot just as someone changes their trajectory), but that issue is eliminated when I'm shooting in automatic and only need to worry about keeping my reticle over them.

So I guess the combination of versatility and being forgiving to use.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pharmaskittle posted:

are there any really in-depth weapon write-ups? I'd like to know like, what the ADS time for different sights are, what exactly the different stats are doing by the numbers, etc

This has some weapon stats but it's incomplete atm. iirc it's gonna be updated soon along with the sym.gg site with charts and poo poo.

This is a chart someone made tracking how many bullets to kill for each weapon.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

wow the level action has super low velocity for its niche being headshot kills

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if it had higher velocity it would make the sniper rifles much worse and it might be detrimental for the overall TTK feel of the game

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

if it had higher velocity it would make the sniper rifles much worse and it might be detrimental for the overall TTK feel of the game

not really, the DXR has 1000 velocity and the lever action damage already falls off faster than any sniper rifle for non-headshots. they could at least give it 660 velocity like the SFAR, 600 is hilariously low

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Subsonic outperforming standard ammo in damage makes me wonder if this is accurate

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Fart Car '97 posted:

I was replying this this post:

If you have the game and enjoy it great whatever, but Skyarb is right about " If you're asking this question in this thread now, you're going to get an unrealistic answer because the vast majority of players have moved on already and those that remain are the few that liked it."

yeah most of the people who got their opinion about this game from Angry Joe went away. not all of them though

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

Subsonic outperforming standard ammo in damage makes me wonder if this is accurate

:dice:

But also, slower rounds can cause more "damage" IRL because they have a lower chance of passing cleanly through the victim

whaley posted:

yeah most of the people who got their opinion about this game from Angry Joe went away. not all of them though

Oh oh, I can do this too! The people who got their opinion from JackFrags stayed

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

whaley posted:

this, is cope

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Check this out: more like poo-tubers

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
ehhehe

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The spawns on breakthrough are.. quite something. On defence i spawned behind enemy lines and died due to the out of bounds territory death countdown. Like I was put onto an attacker’s spawn point, since it ran out of defender’s spawn points right at that moment.

Dogshit.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

im pretty negative on this game but in fairness i've had decent fun in portal. Bf1's still bumping along too

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it would be cool if there was a rush ladder or something but i assume the bf franchise has a terrible history with ranked play

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

toggle posted:

The spawns on breakthrough are.. quite something. On defence i spawned behind enemy lines and died due to the out of bounds territory death countdown. Like I was put onto an attacker’s spawn point, since it ran out of defender’s spawn points right at that moment.

Dogshit.

lol I've never had that happen, but sometimes it does feel needlessly cruel with the spawn locations when a point is being contested. Like when you're pushed back to the oil rig and it spawns you on the open ice where invariably you get runover by a hovercraft. Necessary for balance reasons, but it just feels like slow-motion losing.

It does, as ever, make the spawn beacon clutch though.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Chad Sexington posted:

lol I've never had that happen, but sometimes it does feel needlessly cruel with the spawn locations when a point is being contested. Like when you're pushed back to the oil rig and it spawns you on the open ice where invariably you get runover by a hovercraft. Necessary for balance reasons, but it just feels like slow-motion losing.

It does, as ever, make the spawn beacon clutch though.

There's balance reasons but I think those are still bad spawns, but it's the fault of the maps. Same as the defender spawns at the end of Renewal (office buildings?). Once the attackers have pushed inside the building you're going to be spawning outside in the wide open fields where there's a 50/50 chance you'll immediately be blasted by a vehicle. If you don't, you'll probably get sniped trying to run with no cover to get back to the building. I don't know why it doesn't spawn you behind the buildings instead of to the sides.

I agree, it feels like the game just wants you to lose at that point.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Didn’t get the bizon skin last week because the challenge was broken lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Well that's an easy one

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Someone on discord had the same problem and they put in a ticket. It was unlocked for them by support within the hour.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Tiny Timbs posted:

Well that's an easy one

Especially with TDM in the playlist this week.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Someone on discord had the same problem and they put in a ticket. It was unlocked for them by support within the hour.

:ssh: EA support is graded on getting things resolved quickly and rarely checks/confirms issues so you can lie and get skins unlocked by saying this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edEUc_LB8Wc

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 23, 2021

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I got the first challenge done *because* it was broken. I cleared one of the three requirements and the next time I logged in the other two were shown as completed out of nowhere

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

As if people needed another reason to drive around in a Bolte.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I started getting that glitch today where you can't aim down the scope after exiting a vehicle. Only "fix" for it is to just use an Angel crate and get a new loadout. Strange that it took so long for me to start getting it though given how much I've heard about it.

Also TDM sucks. Infantry gunplay is not this game's strength, so the mode is just highlighting the worst poo poo.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Every single challenge should have an objective that's just revive teammates, to train these subhumans how to play the game

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

I finally just uninstalled it. Idk what it is but I'm getting owned constantly and the lack of a scoreboard means I'm left feeling like I suck after every match. Portal is cool but too few maps, the main game is really fun at times but mostly feels like a grind sesh where I'm just meat. Plus I've hit two helos with the tank cannon and both times they put the explosion but didn't even count damage, which is just showing me the netcode isn't up to snuff. Ive gone back to BF4 for my 1 hour shoot man sesh, but I hope Dice can fix 2042 or at least spin off portal.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Chad Sexington posted:

I started getting that glitch today where you can't aim down the scope after exiting a vehicle. Only "fix" for it is to just use an Angel crate and get a new loadout. Strange that it took so long for me to start getting it though given how much I've heard about it.

Also TDM sucks. Infantry gunplay is not this game's strength, so the mode is just highlighting the worst poo poo.

I've found sometimes hitting escape and then hitting resume works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

UnknownTarget posted:

I finally just uninstalled it. Idk what it is but I'm getting owned constantly and the lack of a scoreboard means I'm left feeling like I suck after every match. Portal is cool but too few maps, the main game is really fun at times but mostly feels like a grind sesh where I'm just meat. Plus I've hit two helos with the tank cannon and both times they put the explosion but didn't even count damage, which is just showing me the netcode isn't up to snuff. Ive gone back to BF4 for my 1 hour shoot man sesh, but I hope Dice can fix 2042 or at least spin off portal.

Careful, wanting a scoreboard in your shootman's fighting words 'round these parts.