Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
They should just have a Wilfred Fizzlebang-type card that's always standard legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Starsfan posted:

gently caress, I wish I had the collection to play some cool decks from day to day.. Would be cool if they had even 1 week every expansion where they opened up the game and let you build whatever deck you want.
In theory that was one of the things Tavern Brawl was going to be good at; in practice it's too easy to just keep rolling Cloneball, Crossroads and Pick Three/Two/One Cards instead of actually putting well built constructed decks in for a week. When they have tried to do Expansion Featuring Brawls it has usually been awful with whoever is put in charge of building the decks not so much being a top tier player.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

victorious posted:

They should just have a Wilfred Fizzlebang-type card that's always standard legal.
I really enjoyed playing Fizzlebang and was legit surprised that he wasn't made perma Standard.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You mean whizbang the wonderful.
Wilfred fizzlebang is a warlock legendary that makes cards drawn by your hero power cost 0.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cry Havoc posted:

how’d everyone do

got 6120 dust refunded in total :coal:

exactly 8000 :cool:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh it's near Christmas so I can post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9C_0_JeYE

The perfect video to have on loop during the holidays

(How long did it take someone to make this)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Flayer posted:

I really enjoyed playing Fizzlebang and was legit surprised that he wasn't made perma Standard.
I crafted that fucker in golden and still hold on for the day when he'll be added to the base set :colbert:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Amoeba102 posted:

You mean whizbang the wonderful.
Wilfred fizzlebang is a warlock legendary that makes cards drawn by your hero power cost 0.

Oh poo poo, you're right. I never actually played him, but I was glad he was an option for other players!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
rip trogg, time to try out priest decks.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TkOhHEgvv4

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

rip trogg, time to try out priest decks.

Priest actually has a lot of ways to deal with trogg, IMO the card wasn't an issue at all for the class. Between holy smite, condemn, shard of the naaru and hysteria the only way trogg hosed you was if it came down on 1 and you drew absolutely dead with the mulligan and through turns 1-4 (so like the top 10 cards of your deck, which is pretty poo poo luck).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Desert Bus posted:

Tremble in fear peasants for I have arrived and am about to climb from D2 to Legend. I shall soon achieve both Godhood and the sacred card back:

### Pirates OK?
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Deckhand
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Small-Time Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Defias Cannoneer
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (6) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
#
AAEBAaPLAwb6DpG8At6tA5j2A7+ABLyKBAzUBeUH+w+CsAKgvQLdrQPpsAP+5wOV9gOcgQSmigSvoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It is 4 days later. I am now at TWO loving wins to hit legend for the first time ever. I will, of course, be losing like the next ten games.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just need to win this next game. One game. I should have hit Legend long ago but this is a game so lol whatever. But now that I am on this knife-edge I want it. So badly. It's almost 4am and I am awake because everything is terrible. I'm taking a break for food, bathroom, etc. It's one loving game I have not played but I am already getting mad about losing it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

They just... conceded? That was very anti-climactic. Wild legend woooooooooooooooo

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Desert Bus posted:

They just... conceded? That was very anti-climactic. Wild legend woooooooooooooooo

Congrats dude!

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Desert Bus posted:

Hell yeah!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Getting mercenaries quests is annoying. That is the "deal 100 damage with a spell school". It's way more work than the old cast 10 spells of a spell school were, if you're doing regular hearthstone. Some schools are also shithouse for doing damage, like say holy or frost. At least if you get the shadow one you can make a dumb would deck to fill your board with velens and get the 100 damage done in a single mind blast.
And being 1000 xp quests it feels bad to reroll them to 900s.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

Well done!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Desert Bus posted:

I haven't actually played this game in a couple of years, and even though I reinstalled recently and have something like 12k dust for some reason the grindy changes have so far kept me from bothering even now, but are there still level floors in ranked? I could see getting to legend and then setting up a concedeBot to haul others up into legend for the rest of the month. Who's going to report that?

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

almost every game i had while in legend, if i saw someone at diamond 1 i would insta concede. grats!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Capped posted:

almost every game i had while in legend, if i saw someone at diamond 1 i would insta concede. grats!

I did that as well whenever I was at Legend.

Gaebril
Dec 18, 2016
Anyone know if the contents of Standard packs will change after the next rotation? I have a bunch piled up and I'd rather not open last year's cards if I can avoid it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Gaebril posted:

Anyone know if the contents of Standard packs will change after the next rotation? I have a bunch piled up and I'd rather not open last year's cards if I can avoid it

yes, because pack content is only determined when you open the pack. So the definition of what is in a Standard pack will adjust in April.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I don't post deck tracker replays often because honestly, they are dry and boring as hell, but this is maybe just the straight up most insane Arena game I've ever played? I've definitely never seen so many consecutive huge board swings. It's a shame the tracker doesn't show all the random spells played because poo poo got quite, quite mad.

I think it was:

3x Runes of the Archmage
3x Deck of Wonder
2x Puzzle-Box of Yogg-Saron

Plus like 10 spell discoveries with Ethereal, Stewards, Instructor Fireheart.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yKBC2zuhApUPXrMXVdV842

But maybe craziest part was my opponent didn't even emote one time. Ice cold.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

yes, because pack content is only determined when you open the pack. So the definition of what is in a Standard pack will adjust in April.

That's a lotta faith in blizzard to both not gently caress it up and not be overly greedy.

Capped posted:

I love getting to legend, dropping to bad ranks & then dragging out games vs diamonds 1 as long as possible.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 22, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

That's a lotta faith in blizzard to both not gently caress it up and not be overly greedy.

This is how it worked last rotation, when Rise/Saviors/Descent rotated out. Yea it could be hosed up, but the precident is already set in a reasonable way.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/g2thijs/status/1473721874492411906?s=21

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I'm getting so, so loving tired of hunter and warrior and mage in wild.

There really needs to be some serious anti-spell stuff in the game, because most of the major decks in wild are literally just masturbation at this point.

Edit: Also, seriously, why the hell are they letting people register with the loving nazi number

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

lol great clip attached to that tweet, and I learned today that Maestra is banned in official hearthstone tournaments (probably for exactly this reason)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Every time they put out a questline like the Winter Veil thing I find myself realizing that Duels exists and then wondering who is Duels for.

EDIT: I went 2 - 1 and then retired because what even is this mode?

NorgLyle fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 23, 2021

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

NorgLyle posted:

Every time they put out a questline like the Winter Veil thing I find myself realizing that Duels exists and then wondering who is Duels for.

Was playing it and actually having a lot of fun. It's for people sick of ladder.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

NorgLyle posted:

Pretty much all I play these days, the only part of Hearthstone that I still really love. Too bad it's the unloved bastard child that gets dev attention for only the most serious bugs and balance issues.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Duels can definitely be frustrating. There are some archetypes that are downright frustrating to go up against.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Just checked the HSReplay meta list, looks like I'm grinding quest pirate warrior until I get to D5 then I can gently caress around with fun decks.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

congrats man!

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I poopsocked Duels for a while earlier this year and it's really just Hearthstone with the RNG lever cranked all the way to the floor. I got out around the time they introduced a heap of new treasures and adjusted some of the super rare ones to be not-so-super rare, which basically made it even more likely that you'd need to hit the bucket/treasure lottery to make it to the higher ranks. It's like the opposite of regular HS where the outcome of a game is more skill than RNG. There's still skill in Duels with the drafting and hidden knowledge and stuff, it just matters less.

If you're fine with all that, though, it can be fun. And the mode certainly has more smug emoters than any other, which again can be fun if it doesn't bother you or anything. And you can do stuff like this (or have it done to you) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBu5ra_hzU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Odd question but is the current patch bringing weird stability issues on the OS level? My phone is an Xperia 5 (a phone likely only really sold en masse in Japan) and twice now I've had extremely weird things happen "tabbing" out of the app on the current patch, such as completely losing the notification bar and lock screen suddenly going fullblack (I was only able to get back in because I have the Android equivalent of Touch ID to get back in) but otherwise suffering no loss of functionality. It's only happened while playing Hearthstone (specifically Mercenaries) and has required a phone reboot to fix both times.

I only bring this up because this has never happened prior to the current patch.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Strawberry Panda posted:

Was playing it and actually having a lot of fun. It's for people sick of ladder.

I was too. Made a pirate warrior and I’ve gone 5-1 so far, it’s pretty insane.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Anyone been having any luck with a Big Mage list? Doesn't seem like it has any kind of win condition outside of some kind of Mask shenanigans which is very unlikely to have enough damage to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Is the Tavern Brawl supposed to give a card back? I got the first win and received a pack instead.