Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Image is of a baby fox! Foxes aren't ruminants but they do fit inside AJ_Impy's special window of desire. Current score: 13-6.
Check the roof door action chosen.

"Just the soup and, I think I left a door open, Sir," you reply.

"Very well," the Big Man says, his eyes focused on the screen in front of him. "Carry on, Jingleterry."

Caltime turns to look at you. "Yeah, just leave the two of us alone, together. We'll be fine!" she says.

You immediately look at the Big Man, to see how he reacts to proof that the doll is indeed haunted. To be fair, he doesn't even flinch. "Ah, so you do have a tongue in there after all. I wonder how that works?"

You leave the two of them chatting and go upstairs to the unlocked door leading to the roof. The bad news is that about an inch of snow has drifted into the corridor; the good news is that the only footprints are of one of the birds that nest outside all winter, taking heat and food from the Complex. You gently shoo the bird back out the door, then spend the next five minutes scraping the invading snow out after it with your feet. One the floor is clear you close the door and lock it behind you with a satisfying click. One less thing to worry about!

Thirty minutes remain.
The soup is in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ruminant

Go make sure the sleigh and team are ready

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A mammal accompanied by a bird.

Prep the lists, including the ghost list, North Pole subsection.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A snowflake

Add Santa to the official naughty list.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Image is of a badger! Badgers are not ruminants. No correct guesses. Current score: 13-7.
Random action chosen: 1d3 2 AJ_Impy's Prep the lists including ghosts section chosen, despite you having already prepped the list like half an hour ago.

The sound of laughter erupts from the office as you make your way back. The Big Man and Caltime are chatting away, happily remembering old stories. Caltime's doing most of the talking, as the Big Man is still scrolling through the list of children's names, checking it twice.

This is your chance. You still have a copy of the list open on your computer. You make your way to your seat, being very careful not to topple the tall stack of books that are still there. You search the list for Caltime's name, but can't find it anywhere.

"Huh. That's strange," you say, a little louder than necessary. The Big Man and Caltime pause their conversation. "It looks like Caltime's not on the present list."

The doll shrugs. "Why would I be? I'm a ghost in a doll-shell. Heck, you could argue that this body is my Christmas present this year. That is, if I'm allowed to keep it?" She turns and looks at the Big Man.

He chuckles, a full-on belly-wobbler. "Ho ho ho! I don't see any problem with it. Why, if you want to, maybe you can re-join the team, get your library back up and running? What do you think?"

Caltime breaks into the widest smile you've ever seen on a Librarian Barbie. "Yes! As some of my favourite books like to say, 'Even in death, I still serve!' Haha!"

"Splendid! I'll pencil you in for the 29th to talk logistics."

Twenty minutes remain.
The soup is in progress.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A coniferous tree.

Complete the usual prepwork and give the Big Man the special package.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
A snowman.

Complete the usual prepwork and give the Big Man the best package.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Celestial body

Go help Rudelf finish the sleigh, definitely not because we are trying to escape His notice, nope

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
A reindeer.

Do the usual prep work, but spill anise into the soup.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Image is of an owl! No correct guesses. Current score: 13-8.
Random action chosen: 1d4 4 The Wandering Mage's Add anise to the soup action chosen.

You leave your boss and your newest co-worker and head to the kitchen. The smell of onions pervades the room. You open up the soup pan and give it a stir. The pieces of onion aren't as broken down as you'd like, but you've done the best you could with what little time you had available.

You grab a teaspoon and taste the soup. It's good, but.. it's still missing something, you know? But surely it'd be too late to add anything to the soup, it's almost time to dish up...

Inspiration strikes! You go to the larder and grab two pods of star anise. With a small knife, you score a dozen or so small cuts into each of the pod's bodies, then pop them at the bottom of the two large red-striped food flasks. You grab the funnel the kitchen keeps for just this task and start pouring the French Onion soup into the star-anise-loaded flasks. Hopefully the motion of the sleigh will jiggle the soup around and impart just a soupcon of that delicate flavour!

Before long the two flasks are full and closed. The only thing left to do is to take them to the sleigh.

Ten minutes remain.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A coniferous tree.

Take them to the Sleigh and advise the big man to activate the Trebizond Protocol.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Big Man himself

Wish him luck then panic that we are so getting fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Image is of four robins on a branch looking at Santa's sleigh as it flies past the moon. AJ's got a case to argue, but I'm awarding this one to Slaan. Final score: 14-8. NEW HIGH SCORE!
Wish the big man luck action chosen.

You take the red-striped flasks and walk south towards the Sleigh room. You open the doors and see the sleigh all ready and laden with (almost!) everything the Big Man needs for a successful Night. Just for a moment, you remember the horrible shape it transformed into last year when it consumed that snowmobile, but you quickly shake the thought out of your head. You stow the soup flasks as fast as you can and quickly make your way back north.

You find the Big Man in the kitchen, eating a breakfast of microwaved porridge. Caltime is sitting at one of the break tables, yet another book in her hands. "I swear these packets get smaller every year, eh Jingleterry?" You just shrug. "Hm. No matter. Is everything ready?"

"All good on my end, Sir," you reply. "No word from Rudelf, but, well, you've spoken to him more recently than I have, so."

The Big Man senses your discomfort, and puts down his spoon. "Then what's the matter?"

"Uh, I just wanted to, er, wish you good luck for tonight. And, that it's been an honour and a pleasure to serve so closely these past three years. And I hope my replacement is everything-"

He interrupts you. "Replacement? What? Heck of a time to hand in your notice, I must say!"

"Sorry, Sir, but I assumed I'm fired."

He chuckles and picks up his spoon again. "Why? Because you got into a fight earlier? Why, you've gained me a new recruit! Why, if anything, perhaps ghost-powered dolls might be the future of this organisation. No food, no dying... But that's for another time. No, Jingleterry, your behaviour when I woke up was a bit strange, sure, but you've turned it around these past few hours." There's a brief pause as another spoonful of porridge is consumed. "Now, anything else?"

"Just one, Sir," you say. Your eyes glaze over. "Activate the Trebizond Protocol."

The Big Man looks at you in confusion. "Trebizond? What on Earth..." He stares off into space, bewildered by what you've just said. After a few moments, he slowly nods his head. "Very well, Jingleterry. Trebizond it is."

The office clock chimes the hour.
It's time. Jingle O'Clock.