Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I’m all up in bloodborne again. beat blood starved beast last night and I’m gonna do my first chalice tonight. my wife can’t play it because she’s not great at games like this but is loving watching me play cause the atmosphere is so spooky and there’s lots of poo poo where she’s grossed out or spooked and it’s awesome. can’t wait till I get to wild poo poo like rom or amygdala or any deep chalice stuff. maybe I’ll finally get that platinum trophy too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I’m all up in bloodborne again. beat blood starved beast last night and I’m gonna do my first chalice tonight.
i've been meaning to do this even if only to try that powerleveling chalice dungeon i've hear about. i bounced off after glascogne like a year or two ago

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kenny Logins posted:

i've been meaning to do this even if only to try that powerleveling chalice dungeon i've hear about. i bounced off after glascogne like a year or two ago

this powerleveling chalice intrigues me. I can only play late at night so sometimes I’m just extremely off my game and can’t even get past basic enemies so a bit of a power level to help me through would be great. time to bing it

edit: uh lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

this powerleveling chalice intrigues me. I can only play late at night so sometimes I’m just extremely off my game and can’t even get past basic enemies so a bit of a power level to help me through would be great. time to bing it

edit: uh lmao

that's the one lol

i just can't really remember the controls and haven't had the gumption to relearn them

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

you've binged up your rear end only to find a cum dungeon

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pretty cool that your mom is immortalized in a video game

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

pretty cool that your mom is immortalized in a video game

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I’m all up in bloodborne again. beat blood starved beast last night and I’m gonna do my first chalice tonight. my wife can’t play it because she’s not great at games like this but is loving watching me play cause the atmosphere is so spooky and there’s lots of poo poo where she’s grossed out or spooked and it’s awesome. can’t wait till I get to wild poo poo like rom or amygdala or any deep chalice stuff. maybe I’ll finally get that platinum trophy too

big sword

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've been up all night playing Disco Elysium. best game purchase in years.

:sickos:

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i decided to give this Snowrunner thing a shot and now im obsessed

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i decided to give this Snowrunner thing a shot and now im obsessed

snowrunner is very good and one of a handful of permanently installed games that I revisit regularly

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i just started playing death stranding and it's like snowrunner with norman reedus and guillermo del toro so that's cool

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dirtwalker

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've started Firewatch on gamepass and it's surprisingly well done so far. I'd never have paid money for it just because the premise is so likely to result in a clunky, boring game but it has consistently exceeded my expectations 2 hours in

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Firewatch is amazing.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Bloodborne was fun but I'm not playing it again until it comes out in a form that supports 60+ fps and load times that aren't dogshit

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Firewatch is awesome, the art direction is still some of my favorite. I really liked a part that I interpreted as a commentary on how asinine and stupid most video game storytelling is, when it threatens to become an epic paranoia thriller as you come across the apparent CIA monitoring station that has been tracking you, which it later turns out is just some guy trying to scare you after the plot returns to being a small, grounded, personal story.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I’m near the end of bloodborne but im taking a break from it for a bit. I defiantly like parts of it and I really want to like all of it, but I’m kinda worn out by some of the stuff that just wastes the player’s time

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

If it ever does come to pc I'm installing a mod to not have worry about the blood vials

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

Firewatch is awesome, the art direction is still some of my favorite. I really liked a part that I interpreted as a commentary on how asinine and stupid most video game storytelling is, when it threatens to become an epic paranoia thriller as you come across the apparent CIA monitoring station that has been tracking you, which it later turns out is just some guy trying to scare you after the plot returns to being a small, grounded, personal story.

I don't think that was intended to be any kind of meta-commentary, it very much fits in with the games themes of people running away and hiding from their problems and going quietly insane in their self-imposed self-destructive isolation.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Firewatch is really good. A lot of people tried to pan it as "lol walking simulator" but the story is really engrossing. I played it and completed it on PS4 when it came out, and I'm saving my second playthrough for when the VR mod is finished. I'll have forgotten most of the plot points by then. Hell, already have

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i honestly do not mind 'walking simulator' style games if they're engaging. i don't typically like platformers either, but venice 2089 looks neat

as an aside, book of travels and sands of salazar look extremely my thing, but the former is still in early access so i think i'll wait

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

also Firewatch is a metroidvania, not a walking simulator

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the most important plot point in firewatch is Turt Reynolds

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
firewatch with me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bored Online posted:

yospos james thread: firewatch with me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hardspace: shipbreaker got a new ship archetype recently, with a new kind of thruster that has a bit of a design flaw

normally to salvage things like this without exploding horribly, you'd first flush the fuel pipes at the source. this time the lever for that is behind the thruster, there's no space to get around it without severing the pipes and starting a fire, and there's no other way into the fuel tank housing. and so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-K-Ryb3cc0

this game is such a fuckin hoot lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i like shipbreaker but in the later game decompression is such a pain in the rear end to deal with

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

the most important plot point in firewatch is Turt Reynolds

you mean shelly duval

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
does shooting a fuel line no longer cause a massive explosion? iirc when i was playing that would cause everything connected to the fuel to massively explode

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Firewatch is really good. A lot of people tried to pan it as "lol walking simulator" but the story is really engrossing. I played it and completed it on PS4 when it came out, and I'm saving my second playthrough for when the VR mod is finished. I'll have forgotten most of the plot points by then. Hell, already have

I just finished it and yeah it's super engrossing. The story is even more compelling than Disco Elysium imo. Kinda sad that there's only a game with storytelling this good every few years (and Firewatch is barely a game)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

does shooting a fuel line no longer cause a massive explosion? iirc when i was playing that would cause everything connected to the fuel to massively explode

they changed it so the fires spread along the pipes at a certain speed, and only goes kerplowie when it hits a tank. in my clip the fuel tanks were on the other side of the flush lever, so if the fires had got to the wall i'd have lost the whole housing and a good chunk of ship

latest patches also made electric arcing a little bit less wild & randomly starting, generally slightly stronger stuff so a little bump with your grapple doesn't destroy it, decompression less likely to Physics the game to death, other qol stuff like that

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 24, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

polyester concept posted:

I specifically remember trying to savescum a really hard dice roll, but it doesn’t even let you retry after reloading. they must intentionally lock you out to prevent it in some cases. it let me retry later tho so its on some timer

There are a couple of checks where the conversation ends right after and it autosaves. Did you run into one of those?

I mostly just savescummed so I could see all the different dialogue trees after I beat the game a couple of times. They're really good at having 3-4 different routes for stuff even if you miss a check so it's more fun just playing a character.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

in DE, is there an alternate ending where you find out why you have memory loss? you kind of assume it’s due to alcoholism but I was waiting for some kind of sinister reveal that never came

It's left pretty ambiguous. Outside of the alcoholism you can also guess the religious genocide lady intervened. There is a dialogue option in the church where you connect with her through her mural.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are a couple of checks where the conversation ends right after and it autosaves. Did you run into one of those?

I mostly just savescummed so I could see all the different dialogue trees after I beat the game a couple of times. They're really good at having 3-4 different routes for stuff even if you miss a check so it's more fun just playing a character.

I think it was the mural on the wall by the apartments behind the alley. I noticed it was a difficult check so I closed the dialog, saved and tried clicking the wall, failed and reloaded, then it was disabled. maybe it overwrote my save after the first fail? idk

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I’m playing the witcher 3 for the first time ever and it very much feels like if rockstar made an RPG. Honestly it feels like RDR but with swords and spells.

I'm avoiding replaying it until the super duper updated version comes out but grizzly beard Geralt is the best geralt

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

hardspace: shipbreaker got a new ship archetype recently, with a new kind of thruster that has a bit of a design flaw

normally to salvage things like this without exploding horribly, you'd first flush the fuel pipes at the source. this time the lever for that is behind the thruster, there's no space to get around it without severing the pipes and starting a fire, and there's no other way into the fuel tank housing. and so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-K-Ryb3cc0

this game is such a fuckin hoot lol

shipbreaker is super fuckin good, someone here gifted it to me. I haven't been playing it for awhile so it could get more patches etc

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gave up on hollow knight. i dont have the patience for it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

thinking about picking up thunder tier one despite it not being on holiday sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

gave up on hollow knight. i dont have the patience for it.
it took me into double digit hours for it to click at all, i get it